• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Arilian Princess

Arilian Princess's Wicked Legacy

Mmm zucchini. And home made soup is awesome. Any brilliant recipes you've tried and tested? From what I've seen, everyone is struggling this week / challenge, the whole idea though is to keep on truckin'!

I managed to save the soup, it was close though. ;) I've added more chicken broth to the corn chowder, probably more carbs than I should have but it's a quick meal that for a soup I find quite filling. Another soup that I love is brocolli and cheese. When I go paleo, it will be paleo plus cheese. I don't drink milk but I like ma cheese!

There are plenty of factors going into this week adding to the exhaustion but I think when I finally get to sleep in my own bed and just be in my space that will help. I just can't have four dogs at my house in town so I need to stay out at my parents. And their cat has been in heat this past week so I've been ready to kill it all week. I have made a compromise and booked the appoinment to have the damn thing fixed. It is never my animals that I have to suffer through.

I did have chicken and bruchetta for lunch but I tried the premade chicken slices and it wasn't so good. I guess I'm making a chicken some time this week so I can have decent pickings.

I get to sleep in my own bed soon too! Three cheers for wonderful beds! Cats in heat are the absolute worst. I used to live on a farm and it seemed like they would always go into heat one week after the other. :S

I hope you managed to get some rest this weekend. It sounds like you're making lots of delicious food :)

Heh, one of these times I might post to this first instead of last..... <.< >.> probably not :playful:

I am offically home but working nights again. I also have my allergy test booked in for Sept 26th, sooner than I was expecting and it sounds like I will know exactly what I have allergies too as soon as I complete the meeting which will be nice. Because of this I am removing the limitations on what I eat. From what I've read I will have better results if I have some of the foods I'm allergic to in my system. Although I am waiting for a list to confirm this. I know it was the case for my niece, we were going to cut out wheat for her but got told to wait until after the test for better results. I however will continue to not have pop and I've done quite well at this. I'm not craving it anymore, yay.

Good luck with your allergy test and welcome back! Hope it goes well, hope it makes it easier to find what to avoid! Congratulations on no longer craving pop, I bet it was hard to give up!

It's so ace you're getting this nailed. I would love to do it but I'm scared they'll tell me I'm allergic to chocolate or ice cream! (>.<)

Once you adjust it's not so bad, I know I'm allergic to grapes. Grape juice or raisins are in just about everything but yeah not being allowed chocolate would suck.

Good luck with your allergy test and welcome back! Hope it goes well, hope it makes it easier to find what to avoid! Congratulations on no longer craving pop, I bet it was hard to give up!

The first couple of days it was a bugger but after that, I can take it or leave it. But the next couple of weeks are going to test out my resolve something fierce! With an unexpected visit down to my family and a week long intensive course, one doozy of a finish for this challenge. :)

So I love the guys  I work with, there's a reason I work with men. I'm a brat. :) But I've been working with the same guy on nights for a while since that's how the schedule fell, which is fine but he's been coming up with some real gems in reguards to his health I just have to share.

First one- water is bad because when he has more than a tiny cup of water it causes a 'hard ball of pain' in his stomach. I have had this in the past and I think it's from  being so dehydrated because now I'm up to 3 water bottles a day with no problems.

Second one- to much water is unhealthy, okay this one I agree with but it takes a lot of water and differs per person as to what to much water is.

Third one- He eats over 6000 cal a day but because he doesn't drink water there is nothing to convert the sugar into fat. Personally I think he's one of those skiny fat people. You know the ones, super skinny and very unhealthy. I don't think I've ever seen this guy ever drink anything other than Pepsi and I believe the 6000 cal a day because of the gummies he eats.

Tateman, that's epic!

And if you eat fast food on a regular basis it really doesn't take much. I seem to recall that a triple burger has close to 2500 cals.

And I'm not sure if I can handle many more words of wisdom from my fellow worker. ;)

Yeah back in the day, I could probably get something from Panda Express that would pop over the 2000 calorie mark in one meal.  I can see it being pretty easy to hit 6000.  Add in enough sodas and such.

Long  past time for a proper update:

Goal 1: More water- again continuing to get this one. I do find days at home to be harder to remember to drink the water but I did quite well on my last set off. I am behind today so I need to pick that up some.

Goal 2: No soda- this one is doing great so far. I don't have any pop in my house and I haven't gotten any new stuff. I've also said no to a coworker several times when he's offered me pepsi. :) If I do get with a craving I simply tell myself later. And then the craving is gone later or I'm not near a store anymore. :)

Goal 3: No sugar- failing at this one. I've had a good batch of chocolates and other candies over the past several days. Will need to get this one back on track.

Goal 4/Life goal: No shopping- failed! I will have to have no spending over the next couple of weeks to pass this one. I went a little stupid for a day and a half and spent way to much. Some of it I had planned to spend, others yeah, I was going to wait. And with the change of plans coming up, I'm going to be paying for several other goodies in the next two weeks so.....

General update:

Things are getting better health wise even if the scale isn't moving or is going up. I have PCOS, which is pretty much cysts on my overies and every time I get my period I spend the five days higher than a kite on Advil and Tylenol (500g extra strengh of each). I take way to much, way to often but it's often the only way I can function through these five days. This period, (day three) I have only dosed up once and that was more as a precaution since I was starting to feel pain at the begining of my work day. So things in my body are getting happier with me.

My grandmother had been diagnozed with dementia, now we knew it was coming but she's offically been diagnosed and since I am heading down south for a course I am taking a few extra days and going to visit her and several other family members. This is the part breaking the no spending bit. ;) So the last week of the challenge I'm going to be traveling. This is going to be another huge challenge for me since I rarely drink liquids while traveling. I know this is a hold over from my days as a kid when my dad always told us we stop for a pee break when we stop for gas. I believed him.... So this trip, lots of water. I also need to make some granola fruit bars that I can eat on the trip down so I don't have to stop for food as often because I don't know what my options for food are going to be. :) Interior BC has lots of freash veggies so I should be fine, I make sure I order healthy. I am kind of glad and nervous that the allergy testing is after this trip. I won't have limitations on what I eat but it also means I could end up eating something my body doesn't like.  So I am going to stick with low bread because it makes me feel better but I know I won't be able to go completely free on this trip.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, it's never easy getting news like that, even if you've been expecting it.

Sounds like you had a good week, and making plans for your road trip is great... It's always easier to stick to your plans if you make some in the first place :)

Yeah I am really sorry to hear about your grandmother, my boyfriend's grandma's both have it and it can be difficult to come to terms with, like ladywitch says even if you've been expecting it.

Sorry to hear about your ovaries I've had a couple of friends who had to have cists removed, one had ball of flesh and hair and the other a ball of flesh and teeth. I am bet they are glad they didn't get to see it! Sorry that probably doesn't help, but they can laugh about them now, hope that your situation improves in the future with them.

Glad that you've been doing well with your goals though, even with a bit of sugar creeping in it sounds like you've been doing really well!

You know… I never thought about it but I’m the same way when it comes to drinking water. I’m more likely to drink the right amount when at work and then slack off at home. It’s really good you noticed that! Yay for no pop! Who knew you could use Jedi mind tricks on cravings? Spending money can sneak up on you L

PCOS sounds very yucky! I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother. At least it wasn't a complete surprise so you had some time to get yourself adjusted to the idea.

Sorry to hear about your ovaries I've had a couple of friends who had to have cists removed, one had ball of flesh and hair and the other a ball of flesh and teeth. I am bet they are glad they didn't get to see it! Sorry that probably doesn't help, but they can laugh about them now, hope that your situation improves in the future with them.

Haha, that's epic. Mine aren't far enough along to consider removal so it's just dealing with the pain but a healthy diet is a half cure. Removes the pain but doesn't actually make the cysts go away.

You know… I never thought about it but I’m the same way when it comes to drinking water. I’m more likely to drink the right amount when at work and then slack off at home. It’s really good you noticed that! Yay for no pop! Who knew you could use Jedi mind tricks on cravings? Spending money can sneak up on you L

Jedi mind tricks all the way! It's amazing how well that works, now I just need to figure out how to use them on money!