18ck and the Holy Grail

18ck

I think you're going to like running without headphones. I used to only run if I had rock music blaring, and if I misplaced my iPod I just... wouldn't go for the run. Then I lost my iPod for good, and I didn't want to buy a new one, and I needed to run... so I tried it out, and now I'm hooked. It makes running into a more senses-driven exercise. I hear more, certainly, but I also find that I see and feel more.

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Great looking challenge! Looking forward to following your progress & being entertained too!

On a random note, over the weekend my long run was 6 miles. worst run ever as it was terribly hot (90+ degrees), no shade, and there was what Mrs 18ck refers to as a "Code Brown" incident while still 2 miles away from home! The joys of running! Contemplated not sharing but it was just too funny not to!

:-)

One of the many things I like about my usual route is that it's round the outside of a huge park with public toilets at every entrance so if disaster strikes I'm never more than half a mile or so away.

For those of you just tuning in, welcome to the web's premier scatological discussion forum!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

We want a shrubbery. Also have you ever listened to the sound track for Spamalot, epicly funny.

Thanks for the reminder to donate blood. (goes and logs in to check) I can go again on the 10th.

I must admit, I've never heard so much as a single song from spamalot. I must remedy that situation...

Giving blood is so easy to do. The venue this time around was a beautiful old building in Chiswick and I enjoyed having a nosey around it afterwards.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

I'm not dead yet ! ;)

I never give blood any more because it makes me ill - my body can't handle the lack of haemoglobine it seems. I give blood, I feel shaky and out of breath for a day, I catch some random infection the next and am seriously ill for a week - after doing this for the eigth or tenth time I just quit. So much for being a whimp ! 

Great challenge, by the way ! Half marathon eh ? Sept 15th eh ? Improve pace innit ? How curiously similar to mine ... :) 

Best of luck, will be following ... missing your humour over at the assassins' ! 

Will you post your Justgiving page then so we can all bet our hard-earned dosh on you ? :)

Another Assassin defector eh? Well, at least you'll have Phylanx over there for company! I'll pop over to your page in a minute and have a gander.

And thanks. I was going to start pestering people for sponsorship a bit closer to the challenge but if you want to get the ball rolling it's

https://www.justgiving.com/ColinLuskGNR/

I found an integrated solution for hydration, Portuguese practise and smartphone dependency:

http://vimeo.com/64643705

Genius! I read this earlier but tapatalk didn't show the link and I thought you were just being cryptic! 

*runs off and shares on twitter*

Another Assassin defector eh? Well, at least you'll have Phylanx over there for company! I'll pop over to your page in a minute and have a gander.

And thanks. I was going to start pestering people for sponsorship a bit closer to the challenge but if you want to get the ball rolling it's

https://www.justgiving.com/ColinLuskGNR/

We sent Rymmare over in exchange, she looks much better than me too. ;)

Thanks for the link, will empty the kids' piggy banks right away; they're sleeping now and will never know. 

Genius! I read this earlier but tapatalk didn't show the link and I thought you were just being cryptic! 

*runs off and shares on twitter*

Teehee knew you'd like it. Made for you innit. ;) 

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

I think you're going to like running without headphones. I used to only run if I had rock music blaring, and if I misplaced my iPod I just... wouldn't go for the run. Then I lost my iPod for good, and I didn't want to buy a new one, and I needed to run... so I tried it out, and now I'm hooked. It makes running into a more senses-driven exercise. I hear more, certainly, but I also find that I see and feel more.

Yeah, I think so. I've certainly done a few races with no music. Although you think you'll miss that pumping music to spur you on, you actually end up feeling much more atuned to yourself as a runner and much more able to turn the power on and off as needed. I think when I started that sentence it was going to be less pretentious than that but I'll let it stand...

We sent Rymmare over in exchange, she looks much better than me too. ;)

Thanks for the link, will empty the kids' piggy banks right away; they're sleeping now and will never know.

Excellent. It will  help them be less materialistic too. They'll thank you for it when they're older!

Teehee knew you'd like it. Made for you innit. ;)

Oh yes! I'll show Mrs 18ck later too - I think she will share my appreciation. In fact, maybe I'll book us a couple of tickets over there...

Hej there Mr 18ck!

Good to see you once more, and love your challenge.  

Perhaps upon your quest, you may discover whose mother smells of elderberries?  

When I was younger, I was compared to a duck in a similar context.  At which point, I'm told a nice chap behind me mouthed "big f***ing duck" to the wider audience.  (He could kindly be described as "chubby" himself).  So I wish you luck with this particular goal! :)  As well obviously as your overall quest :)

Hm, the chubby person doesn't sound very nice. How are you g... never mind - I'm coming over there to see for myself!

Yeah, I think so. I've certainly done a few races with no music. Although you think you'll miss that pumping music to spur you on, you actually end up feeling much more atuned to yourself as a runner and much more able to turn the power on and off as needed. I think when I started that sentence it was going to be less pretentious than that but I'll let it stand...

I agree.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

With the atunement thing.  Not that you are pretentious.

*chuckle* 

So um... anyway (I say "anyway about 6 times in every sentence in the real world) 

So anyway, what have I been up to lately? I don't even remember yesterday but I think it was pretty tranquil. Today I was up earlyish and went off for a long run - 10 miles running fairly strong but a bit wilted towards the end. I drank a pint of water and some mango juice before I set off. I was actually trying to keep it with me for sipping but it was too annoying so I just chugged it. an hour later, trudging along the dusty paths in the heat and humidity I was just about ready to drink my own wee if I was remotely capable of producing any. Well, whatevah. It was still the longest run I've done in months and I had plenty of hills and a lot of decent speed intervals thanks to Zombies Run throwing more chases at me than usual. The creature count was good today. No rabbits but plenty of deer, a big frog (I nearly stepped on it!) and even a bat flitting about in the woods in daylight.

When I got home (I stopped on the way to load up on ice-based fruit drinks) I weighed myself and found I was 11 13, which is the first time I've been under 12 stone since I was in my mid thirties (in the Tudor era). I was so pleased I tried on a pair of bright red thirty-inch waist trousers I bought a couple of months back but couldn't squeeze my arse into and ha-hey! My arse went in with no problem and I was able to go to the shops in them and swan about in them like a preening popinjay while I filled my basket with peaches and olives and all manner of middle class food items. Mrs 18ck rolled her eyes and is threatening to report me to this blog

What the hell else have I done? Oh I don't know. I need to make a chart for all the stuff I am doing. A proper one on paper or I'll lose track. I have exchanged texts with Mrs 18ck in Portuguese while I was out, I've taken care not to make my sore bits sore again I kept my eyes peeled (which is why I saw all those creatures) and I have some shenanigans planned for tomorrow but am I doing well? In a lot of areas, not so much. Did I mention I was making a plan? I did? Good.

I must admit, I've never heard so much as a single song from spamalot. I must remedy that situation...

Giving blood is so easy to do. The venue this time around was a beautiful old building in Chiswick and I enjoyed having a nosey around it afterwards.

Score! It's on WE7! 

Oh and another thing: I finally tried an ice bath. I didn't fancy it when Phylanx made it part of a challenge recently but I was fatigued after the run so I took the plunge (literally) and lived to tell the tale.

Oh and another thing: I finally tried an ice bath. I didn't fancy it when Phylanx made it part of a challenge recently but I was fatigued after the run so I took the plunge (literally) and lived to tell the tale.

Was it worth it?

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Was it worth it?

Not really. It made my legs look bigger, relative to everything else (#tmi) , but apart from that there wasn't much change.

Mind you, I suppose I feel pretty fresh this morning. Fresher than I would have done otherwise? I'm not sure.

Last night I had a dream I was in the Great North Run. It started in a field and by the time we got to the exit I was last. "Oh well, I'll do negative splits and catch them up later" I thought as I fell further and further behind. The race went through town and I began to get lost, running in what I hoped was the right direction and occasionally glimpsing the other runners in the distance heading the other way.

Anyway, it's a packed day today starting with sculling. I hope that thunder holds off till later...

Last night I had a dream I was in the Great North Run. It started in a field and by the time we got to the exit I was last. "Oh well, I'll do negative splits and catch them up later" I thought as I fell further and further behind. The race went through town and I began to get lost, running in what I hoped was the right direction and occasionally glimpsing the other runners in the distance heading the other way.

:blink: Sounds like a perfectly normal race experience for me. ;)

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

Anyway, it's a packed day today starting with sculling. I hope that thunder holds off till later...

Enjoy your packed day!

Typical dream, eh!  I'm surprised you can run in yours, often when I try I feel like I'm going at less than a snail's pace :)

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Sometimes a dream is just a dream, but sometimes you can fly so those ones are awesome.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

:blink: Sounds like a perfectly normal race experience for me. ;)

:^)

I think it probably went back to the training day I went through recently; when we were doing the warm-up prior to the threshold sessions I was the last in the group. I pretended to be OK with this. I was not OK with this.

Enjoy your packed day!

Typical dream, eh!  I'm surprised you can run in yours, often when I try I feel like I'm going at less than a snail's pace :)

I don't get that. A typical dream for me would be finishing first and standing on the winner's podium and then realising I'd forgotten to put any clothes on. So I suppose it's an improvement of sorts...

Sometimes a dream is just a dream, but sometimes you can fly so those ones are awesome

True, although I think I'd be disqualified if I flew the great north run. It might be worth it though.

Just stay low to the ground, nobody would notice probably. ;)

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines