18ck and the Holy Grail

18ck

@shukar ;-)

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Today was not as action packed as expected. The threatened thunder storms meant we decided to hire a car (*spits on floor*) to go to 18ckette 's riding lesson instead of getting there using our legs like proper mammals, but never mind. I did some light Portuguese while I waited - too light; I need to pull my dedo out.

The big news is I went sculling for the first time in about 12 weeks or something. It was a fabulous day for it.

The rest of the day has been the usual thing of trying to get lots of important but dull stuff done and still making the most of time with family. I think that went reasonably well. I don't have much time for a weekly round up but my core goal is going well and the peripheral stuff is neglected. I started an exercise schedule but it's not done yet.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Today was not as action packed as expected. The threatened thunder storms meant we decided to hire a car (*spits on floor*) to go to 18ckette 's riding lesson instead of getting there using our legs like proper mammals, but never mind. I did some light Portuguese while I waited - too light; I need to pull my dedo out.

The big news is I went sculling for the first time in about 12 weeks or something. It was a fabulous day for it.

The rest of the day has been the usual thing of trying to get lots of important but dull stuff done and still making the most of time with family. I think that went reasonably well. I don't have much time for a weekly round up but my core goal is going well and the peripheral stuff is neglected. I started an exercise schedule but it's not done yet.

Hah ! Yay for sculling ! 

Did I say I went gig rowing (for about 15 minutes ?) ? 

Lovely day wasn't it. Thunderstorms here came in only later in the afternoon.

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

Awesome progress, it's great to see you back (mostly) recovered, stay strong but don't over do it!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Nice goals and a great start - your posts are always so funny! I giggle while I read :) I'm SURE the rest of my co-workers think I'm crazy sitting here alone in my office giggling to myself...

Oh and another thing: I finally tried an ice bath. I didn't fancy it when Phylanx made it part of a challenge recently but I was fatigued after the run so I took the plunge (literally) and lived to tell the tale.

I just recently started doing this and I'm seeing great benefits! I have almost no soreness the next day and I feel like my general recovery is much improved. Its a little tough to sit through but seems to be worth it so far.

Goddess Scout Level 5

STR: 11 | DEX: 3 | CON: 13 | STA: 8 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 10

All it takes for evil to triumph in this world is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

"Make yourself happy without hurting others, then help others to be happy without hurting yourself.

The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. ~Bertrand Russell

Previous Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Talia's Quest to run the TC Marathon v2.0

Run Tracking

Glad to hear you are recovering and back into the activities you love.

Thanks. I've just been reading your EOC roundup again. That was a great 6 week period!

Hah ! Yay for sculling ! 

Did I say I went gig rowing (for about 15 minutes ?) ? 

Lovely day wasn't it. Thunderstorms here came in only later in the afternoon.

Yep! I must admit I've no idea what gig rowing is but you seemed to he in pirates mode...? We didn't have thunder in the end, just some rain so I was narked that we didn't cycle up but hi ho.

Yay for sculling! How did 18ckette go with her riding lessen ? Did she enjoy it?

Yeah. She's very easy going on the horse though. It totally took the piss and refused to trot for her because she wasn't asserting herself!

Awesome progress, it's great to see you back (mostly) recovered, stay strong but don't over do it!

Thanks. I'm definitely picking up now. I did a really driving interval run this evening and hardly felt like I'd been ill.

Famous last words. I probably won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow! I loved it though - I had a dull, brain mangling day at work and didn't feel like running at all when I got back to the hotel but I made myself and I ended up finding a lovely river path I'd never been on before and belted along it for a couple of miles, watching the clouds turn pink and the boats bob up and down. Then I had a steak, some water and a pile of fruit as big as my head. Mmm!

Nice goals and a great start - your posts are always so funny! I giggle while I read :) I'm SURE the rest of my co-workers think I'm crazy sitting here alone in my office giggling to myself...

:-) glad you like my nonsense!

I just recently started doing this and I'm seeing great benefits! I have almost no soreness the next day and I feel like my general recovery is much improved. Its a little tough to sit through but seems to be worth it so far.

Hm, thanks.

I must say I haven't had any DOMS. I must experiment a but more as I carry on with the half M training and see how it works out.

Just a couple more items to put in my exercise chart - all the major stuff is in there!

Then I had a steak, some water and a pile of fruit as big as my head. Mmm!

This sounds like my dream dinner.  Glad to see your challenge is off to a good start!

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Awesome start, I wonder why those nearly-did-not-happen runs have a tendency to become epic runs (some epic good, some epic bad)?

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

and I ended up finding a lovely river path I'd never been on before and belted along it for a couple of miles, watching the clouds turn pink and the boats bob up and down. Then I had a steak, some water and a pile of fruit as big as my head. Mmm!

Sounds like the best evening ever, eh ? Mmmmh steak ...

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

This sounds like my dream dinner.  Glad to see your challenge is off to a good start!

:-) thanks!

Awesome start, I wonder why those nearly-did-not-happen runs have a tendency to become epic runs (some epic good, some epic bad)?

Thanks

I was on such a runner's high when I wrote that - bouncing off satellites!

Sounds like the best evening ever, eh ? Mmmmh steak ...

Hyep!

Yesterday was a bit minimalist but today I had a really good short but fast run in the dark after an epic 3 hour journey home, during which I studied Portuguese... Er... In between faffing about on twitter and NF that is.

Anyway we're getting ready for a festival camping trip. It's going to be great! I'm packing my vibrams because when it's 30 degrees C and there's no showering for 4 days what you really want to do is get very, very sweaty. The bags are packed (lots of baked goods: uh-oh!) and I'm looking forward to a few days of no work, walking in the woods and recharging.

I've been checking the competition in the Great North Run.

BQat0k0CUAAJik4.png

No pressure then...

Thats super cool - then you can say, so this one time when I raced against multi gold medal winning olympians...

+1

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines