18ck and the Holy Grail

18ck

Yesterday was a bit minimalist but today I had a really good short but fast run in the dark after an epic 3 hour journey home, during which I studied Portuguese... Er... In between faffing about on twitter and NF that is.

Anyway we're getting ready for a festival camping trip. It's going to be great! I'm packing my vibrams because when it's 30 degrees C and there's no showering for 4 days what you really want to do is get very, very sweaty. The bags are packed (lots of baked goods: uh-oh!) and I'm looking forward to a few days of no work, walking in the woods and recharging.

Yay for camping ! And twice yay camping and running !

I've been checking out target area for nice easy cheap 10K runs (we're going in 10 days). Turns out there is one ! See if I can lure my family down there, pretend we're checking out Land's End, or something. Before they know it they'll be all signed up for the fun run, muaahhahhahhaha. 

Did I say we got coin showers at the site (looks smug) ?

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

Nearing the end of your camping trip.  You must be smelling quite strongly of elderberries by now...

Hope all is well!  Can't wait to hear how the festivities went!

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

@shortie @klaymates @kiwi @phoenix @kev (re the olympians) yeah well, ive been practicing / practising / whatevs my mobot - style victory dance just in case but I have a feeling I might not be needing it!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

*shuffles by and giggles. waves friendly hello and shuffles away* :)

Hello! I'll come over and see how you're getting on later. I hope I won't have to wag my finger at you disapprovingly. ;-)

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

@klaymates @nanaki (re the camping) we had an a-flipping-mazing time!

We've been doing festivals (Camp Bestival or Latitude) since 18ckette was in nappies and I think this was my favourite year. We saw lots of great bands - Billy Bragg, the Levellers, I Am Kloot, to name a few - and I even enjoyed Labrinth - officially the first time my daughter has known more about an act than her parents have. The peripheral goings-on were interesting too. Obviously being a 3 day bacchanalia of music, food and faux mystical weirdness, I ate quite a bit more than normal and drank quite a lot too but it wasn't completely outrageous and the food was very varied and not just fast food crap (Indian, Austrian, Moroccan, etc). In addition to a scheduled headphone-free morning run, I did some other workouts:

* The Tent Peg Hammer Tabata

* The Uphill Trolley Pull

* Luggage Farmers walks

* 20,000 reps of Daughter-on-Shoulder Squats at a tempo set by whatever band was playing at the time

* The Charleston (bit of a weird one, this)

* Oh and some Slacklining too - they had a really good freesport area!

18ckette fancied trying some kids parkour but didn't like the look of some of the big boys she would be doing it with, which was a shame. I must try and sort out some more sedate ways of getting the hang of it so she can try it out on her own terms.

We got back this afternoon and the weather, which had held all weekend finally turned bad. En route, we had had a message from the pet sitter that one of 18ckette's guinea pigs was ill and when we checked up on him he was dead. I took the rental car back and ran home (5k or so, I think) in the bucketing rain, thinking bittersweet thoughts, and then presided over a tiny funeral in the bushes near the Thames.

So that's the last few days accounted for, I think!

Oh and the other big news is I might be able to be in a sculling race in October. This is exciting because it's one of the goals in my epic quest but I had given it up as unattainable (this year, at least) due to the injury period I had. Crossing all my fingers and toes...

So weekly progress:

Speed A-. All runs done and some decent extra exercises. One of the runs was too short but it was at a festival so the fact it happened at all is a minor miracle. I didn't see anyone else run there. Progress is happening and I'm feeling good about this.

Food C. I did well at first but blah blah blah festival

Injury D. Inadequate on many levels

Portuguese D. Ditto.

Oh dear oh dear, I'm not going to win any pony rides this way, am I?

dude, ( i like that word :)) i think you aced this.... thinking about festival blah beer, bla fries, bla no sleep, bla no shower, bla holiday...

but i guess a ponyride is out of the question. you dont need it anyway - you run everywhere! :)

keep rocking and amusing frustrated women....! :)

W00t! I see the latest instalment of Zombies Run has a rowing theme! Perfect!

@fearless @nanako @primeval - thanks. Yeah, poor Petal. Sunset, the remaining peeg seems very subdued without the company.

Um, so yesterday I did some pilates and core work and read a bit of Bichos but finally admitted to myself that I'm not ready for it yet; it's too literary and I am just bogged down in it, not really learning anything so it's back on the shelf it goes and I'm going to read Harry Potter E A Pedra Filosofal instead. It's longer but I think I'll get more out of it.

Today I was stuck indoors most of the day but did manage to get out to the park for a spot of Slacklining. There was a cluster of teens hanging around the rec, who were amused by my antics ("fahkin' 'ell 'e's walkin' on a rope look a' 'im!) and I am still rubbish at it but it was fun anyway.

I'm eating badly. Actually that's not true, but I shouldn't have had that ice cream anyway. The ponies are receding into the distance. Come back, ponies, come back !

Sounds like you and the 18ck crew had a great time.  Lots of fun exercising!  

Will you incorporate the rowing theme into training for the upcoming sculling race?

I would love to try slacklining.  

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

Sounds like you and the 18ck crew had a great time.  Lots of fun exercising!  

Will you incorporate the rowing theme into training for the upcoming sculling race?

I would love to try slacklining.  

You definitely should! It's very big in Germany; I'm sure the Swiss must be into it too!

Yeah, I think Zombies, Row might just feature in my cross training!

So today I did a nice threshold run at the docks and read some of my HP book. It has been a pretty good day. Pretty good is dull though. I must pull my socks up!

At the same time? Careful - you might trip over!

*chuckle*

A tweaky hip this morning reminds me that - D'oh! - I forgot to stretch. Idiot!

Yesterday:

Crap.

You definitely should! It's very big in Germany; I'm sure the Swiss must be into it too!

Yeah, I think Zombies, Row might just feature in my cross training!

I am pretty sure I saw a home slacklining kit thingy at a nearby Aldi a few weeks ago.  And I have a yard now!  Wee!

Yesterday:

Crap.

Flusssshhhhh.

hi 18ck

my mobile sent me your wrap up for the day... "crap".....

thought i come here to find out more.... hope you just had some fries or some such thing and nothing serious has happened...

let us know how youre doing soon!

cheers!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines