18ck and the Holy Grail

18ck

@klaymates and @fearless it's just got heavy at work and I'm feeling the pressure. Yesterday I was working till 2am with no exercise, no Portuguese and lots of snacking. Plenty of fail there. Friday was better (at least i walked for an hour or so) but still jot great. Today will be better though...

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I guess in Python quest terms, I'm at this point now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjio-F47IfM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

But with less spanking and more scones.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

@klaymates and @fearless it's just got heavy at work and I'm feeling the pressure. Yesterday I was working till 2am with no exercise, no Portuguese and lots of snacking. Plenty of fail there. Friday was better (at least i walked for an hour or so) but still jot great. Today will be better though...

Yay for the weekend?

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I just saw this in base camp if your interested

Thanks!

I guess in Python quest terms, I'm at this point now

But with less spanking and more scones.

Equally kinky.

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Yay for the weekend?

Well that 2am thing was Saturday. Today has gone well though. I was up early, rowed 6 miles with my new partner (training for the race!), ran 12 miles then went to the park for some Slacklining. There is so much to do now and so little time to do it in. I felt a bit sad not spending much time with my family this weekend between the crazy work day and the equally crazy sport day but that's just how it worked out.

Equally kinky.

And both go well with clotted cream and strawberry jam.

And both go well with clotted cream and strawberry jam.

I miss clotted cream!  I wonder...with all these farmers around me and their cows...if any sell unpasteurized milk so I can make some.  New quest!  Quest for milk!  But...no scones.  Guess I'll have mine with spankings then.

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

In other news:

I have been doing really well with the running goal - I've done all my runs, including on roads (usually I run on trails and fall apart in road races) sans headphones and good solid interval sessions. The other exercises have been a bit slapdash though and the Portuguese is pretty bad. I think I need to reexamine my goals in light of the fact that I now have two jobs and two races to train for.

I've also been doing the "Brave Brave Brave Brave Sir Robin goal, and got on well with a bottle of volvic in the back pocket but was disgusted by my first attempt at using one of those energy gels. I was quite glad because I despise everything they stand for. It leaked in my pocket, made my hands sticky coated my phone in inerradicable goo and generally made its presence felt. Now I need a new solution. Lucozade tablets beckon...

Glad to hear your running goal is coming along well.

Energy gels?  Wotisdat?

Hope work is getting less heavy.  Working til 2am sucks.

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

I miss clotted cream!  I wonder...with all these farmers around me and their cows...if any sell unpasteurized milk so I can make some.  New quest!  Quest for milk!  But...no scones.  Guess I'll have mine with spankings then.

I'm so confused. Scrolls up, Scrolls farther up, gets reference video, reads slowly, googles clotted cream, all better now.

I'm glad you are enjoying the slacklining. Are you attempting any tricks yet?

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

People do tricks!?  I thought just walking across was tricky enough.  Must youtube...

In other news:

I have been doing really well with the running goal - I've done all my runs, including on roads (usually I run on trails and fall apart in road races) sans headphones and good solid interval sessions. The other exercises have been a bit slapdash though and the Portuguese is pretty bad. I think I need to reexamine my goals in light of the fact that I now have two jobs and two races to train for.

I didn't realize you ran mostly on trails, cool.  I also notice that running primary on trails does not fully translate to improved road running.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

You're happy to make your own clotted cream but not your own scones? Weird!

so confused. Scrolls up, Scrolls farther up, gets reference video, reads slowly, googles clotted cream, all better now.

Mm, cream teas...

No tricks yet, no, I'm not even close to that stage but yes, I'm loving it, and thanks again for suggesting it!

People do tricks!?  I thought just walking across was tricky enough.  Must youtube...

Yes, do if you haven't yet - there are some spectacular vids out there. I'm still, after all this time, working in the walking though!

Glad to hear your running goal is coming along well.

Energy gels?  Wotisdat?

Hope work is getting less heavy.  Working til 2am sucks.

Pretty busy for a few more weeks I think.

Energy gels... Well, they're a bit like that toy "slime" if you remember that. This one was more lemony though. Horrible, horrible. Meant to boost your energy levels in a long race. I'd rather bonk* though. Heehee.

(*=In Scott Jurek's autobiography he uses the word "bonk" to mean run out of energy as in "After 92 miles running in the nevada desert with nothing to drink but a celery shake and my own urine, I was bonking". This amuses me and I must drop it into conversation more.)

For food during runs, I prefer the chews/blocks.  Less mess, more like "real" food

Thanks. I've got some glucose sweetie things so I'll try those next.

didn't realize you ran mostly on trails, cool.  I also notice that running primary on trails does not fully translate to improved road running.

Yep, trail running is so much more badass, especially if it's a proper, wild trail ...

yvave3ym.jpg

... But going back to a hard surface is a bit of a shock to the shins!

So anyway, I've not been around very much. Work is really keeping me pinned down and I'm onto 3 runs and 3 rowing sessions per week in the time I have left, working towards my races. That's keeping me sane and balancing out the occasional stress snacks that keep finding their way into my tummy. I think my weight is going the right way but some of my other goals have fallen by the wayside. I'm still trying to walk reflectively and to study Portuguese but I tend to find during both activities my brain is engaged with SQL code, testing cycles and various logistical whatsits so I don't take anything in. I'll just keep doing what I can and not worry too much about following my training schedule for every goal in this challenge. There's enough planning in my life without worrying about another schedule.

Anyway, I'm due for a run later today. My last one was 12 miles and my last sculling session was 6, hard enough to give me a horrible cramp. I whined like a little girl and swore like a sailor. Or like a less well behaved little girl, perhaps.

Yep, trail running is so much more badass, especially if it's a proper, wild trail ...

yvave3ym.jpg

... But going back to a hard surface is a bit of a shock to the shins!

Love the photo!

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

I see you are still rocking, sorry to be absent but I have too been way too busy at work. Glad to know healing is going really well, and so is training!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

I see you are still rocking, sorry to be absent but I have too been way too busy at work. Glad to know healing is going really well, and so is training!

Thanks. Yeah, work can be like that - I've been distracted too. Good to see you around anyway.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines