The Mead Hall: Where Warriors Shoot the Shit

This thread is for general warrior talk, chatting, socializing, talking crap, making fun of Seth, etc.

The Training Yard is where you ask questions to learn about lifting heavy stuff or eating lots of things and gain other warrior relevant knowledge. Keep all that stuff over there, this thread is for the useless stuff.

the_tavern_by_araniart-d60vid1.jpg

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Just in case anyone missed it: Updates to the Challenge System.

This is Learnin'! Learnin' is banned in The Mead Hall! I linked that in The Training yard!

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I think we'll learn a lot here, just not necessarily about lifting...

Is this where you start a drunken tirade about skinny jeans?

500 / 330 / 625

Warrior Armor Side Quests:

• Skinny Jeans Snatch
  • Suited Squat
  • Dapper Deadlift(in a tux)
  • Deadlift in a Dress
  • Bow Tie Bench Press
  • Corset Curls
  • ...more

These ideas have been flying around between IRL meetups, figured I'd throw them out there to see if anyone could actually document themselves doing one. 

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

I have a wedding in September, will do a suited squat if I can remember (currently needs dry cleaning).

500 / 330 / 625

Warrior Armor Side Quests:

• Skinny Jeans Snatch
  • Suited Squat
  • Dapper Deadlift(in a tux)
  • Bow Tie Bench Press
  • ...more

These ideas have been flying around between IRL meetups, figured I'd throw them out there to see if anyone could actually document themselves doing one. 

As my weight loss this year was initiated so I could get back into my tux, maybe I'll do a James Bond workout.

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

In the kitchen.

Damn, you stole it!

Seriously though, isn't there one on the right and perhaps the cowled one is a woman?

500 / 330 / 625

corset pull up bitches

Did you miss the alliteration? Corset curls FTW though.

500 / 330 / 625

Is trying out 6 Novice Strength programs, 1/week a good SMART goal for my quest to deeadlift my bodyweight?

I hope you're not serious Grimm.

500 / 330 / 625

All I can imagine after reading this thread is a formal ball, held in a gym, where all the attendees lift while making small talk and eating protein packed canapés. 

Could this be the next NF virtual lifting meet? It will be in my head.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

I hope you're not serious Grimm.

If I was serious I would have posted in th other.. NO CAT I M POSTING I can't pet you!

thread

Kinda riffing on the fact that I have switched programs way to much and not made any real progress,

I'm going back to Greyskull LP and I'm gonna do 18 consecutive workouts over the next month and a half

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines