I decided to accept this challenge. I have had a nemesis in the Captains of Crush #2 for far too long. I need to close that thing and get on the road to certification!  This beast is not your daddy's squeaky grip toy this is a nasty thing designed to test the will of any man!

My Side Quest is to write a short story. I have several ideas that have been laying around and I want to get them finished.

• Like 1

Welcome Robert.  I am sure you will get that short story written.  I can't wait to see what your goals are in achieving this.

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

So my I need some goals to make this happen...

For the Coc #2 I am planning to train the gripper twice a week. This will be on my home training HIIT days. I need to get 5x5 with the #1 to see movement on the #2. Also 5 force closes and holds for 20 count on the number 2.

For my Side Quest I will spend the weekend writing. 2 hours each of those days. I am using the book "The Weekend Novelist"  to guide me through this. Weeks 1-4 are character creation and week 5-6 are scene setup. So by the end of the challenge I should have 3 main characters and an opening scene.

• Like 1

Go Robert!

If you want some extra help with your grip, hanging from things (I don't need to say by your hands ;) ) works wonders. If you've got a pull-up bar you can true various different hand position but otherwise just see how long you can dangle from things. Obviously you should make sure that you let go before your fingers slip so that you can control your return to the ground and don't go crazy and do it over a roaring fire, bed of nails, pit full of vipers etc!

Good luck with the writing too. Feel free to post up bits and pieces if you want. I'm partial to a bit of Lovecraftian Weird Fiction but don't feel that you have to write in that style just to please me!

Thanks. I do add a lot of static work into my grip training. I am tempted to try out the climbing gym in town....maybe for the next challenge.

That's some good stuff to read. I might venture in that direction. So far I needed to get the characters created.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Sub'd. Make sure you edit your title to have your name in it.

I have the CoC's as well, but the lvl before this (trainers?). I want to get the next level up, I'm doing over 20 reps each hand on these.

Remember, your main quest should have 3 goals to help you achieve it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Sub'd. Make sure you edit your title to have your name in it.

I have the CoC's as well, but the lvl before this (trainers?). I want to get the next level up, I'm doing over 20 reps each hand on these.

Remember, your main quest should have 3 goals to help you achieve it.

Thanks! The CoC's are tough. 20 reps?! Definitely move up to the #1.

How do I edit the title? Or can a mod do that?

Although it wasn't clearly broken down there are three goals:

1. Train the grippers 2x week

2.  5x5 with the #1    workout 1

3. 5 force closes with the #2 and 20 count holds with the #2   workout 2

Thanks! The CoC's are tough. 20 reps?! Definitely move up to the #1.

How do I edit the title? Or can a mod do that?

Althoug it wasn't clearly broken down there are three goals

1. 5x5 with the #1

2. 5 force closes with the #2

3. 5, 20 count holds with the #2

It's just a matter of buying them. It's not super high on my list.

You can edit the initial post to edit the title. The goals should be helping you make habits that will get you to the main quest acheivent. Insteasd of 5x5 with the #1, your "work 2 times a week" would be a good one. Something similar with the other 2.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

It's just a matter of buying them. It's not super high on my list.

You can edit the initial post to edit the title. The goals should be helping you make habits that will get you to the main quest acheivent. Insteasd of 5x5 with the #1, your "work 2 times a week" would be a good one. Something similar with the other 2.

Thanks!

Ahhhh... forgot my own goal there.

How's that grip coming along? I only have the HG's which don't scale w/ the CoC's. The 250 is just slightly higher than the #2 and the 200 is way below it. I've been using my Fat gripz and fat gripz extreme (these are no damn joke) too. Dedicating a full day a week to grip and forearms. I also want to build a half penny weight for some pinch grip training.

I am also writing, characters are the hardest damn part of it all I swear. I have maybe 3-4 solid characters after about a year of writing.

I'll be watching your big fat CoC :playful:

Nerd Fitness Secret Santa is going on! Sign up ends on the 28th! http://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/9477898/91303a/

How's that grip coming along? I only have the HG's which don't scale w/ the CoC's. The 250 is just slightly higher than the #2 and the 200 is way below it. I've been using my Fat gripz and fat gripz extreme (these are no damn joke) too. Dedicating a full day a week to grip and forearms. I also want to build a half penny weight for some pinch grip training.

I am also writing, characters are the hardest damn part of it all I swear. I have maybe 3-4 solid characters after about a year of writing.

I'll be watching your big fat CoC :playful:

Grip is coming along. The CoC's are brutal....I need the 1.5

I break up my grip work over the week, with two days of CoC training. Fat Gripz are awesome.

Writing is tougher than lifting...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines