The Training Yard: Where Warriors Get Some Learnin'

I didn't know that scouts ate... I would think that you eat as much carbs as possible after running, as you've depleted all of your energy stores with low intensity effort. 

Not a scout, lol. What-  Warriors don't do cardio??!! :playful:

Plus, cardio is not my main stay, just on rest days if the mood strikes. ;)

Wow that was a ramble, and probably completely incoherant.

Completely coherent, and very helpful actually. :)

You did all of that from your phone??? :huh:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

You did all of that from your phone??? :huh:

Not that one. I lied yesterday when I blamed autocorrect, all my phone posts have a disclaimer at the bottom and for the most part are better than my non-phone posts since I don't have the red squigglies due to an out of date browser.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

excuses, excuses. 

You didn't answer my question, smart mouth...... <_< (lol)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Warriors do cardio, in the form of reps over 10. Widow Makers are great examples of Warrior Cardio.

Hah, I guess it's a good thing I can't join the Warrior guild until next challenge!

Ash not be proper warrior yet...... :playful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Ok Seth, I owe you an apology. You weren't being smart with me, your were being smart with Gainsdalf!

Alright, now I am horrifically embarrassed. Must go find a sinkhole and throw myself in it...... :hopelessness:

SORRY!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Ok Seth, I owe you an apology. You weren't being smart with me, your were being smart with Gainsdalf!

Alright, now I am horrifically embarrassed. Must go find a sinkhole and throw myself in it...... :hopelessness:

SORRY!!

Seth apologize for being so scary RIGHT NOW YOU HEAR!!?!!

Human Warrior

37114078.jpg

Couldn't find that darn sinkhole drat it all! :angry:

You have nothing to apologize for! I'm the one who just embarrassed myself on the warriors guild!!!! :nightmare:

Now, I may have to go consider that whole scout thing. (huff)

But, that is really cute! :rapture:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Warriors do cardio, in the form of reps over 10. Widow Makers are great examples of Warrior Cardio.

From the wit and wisdom of Mark Rippetoe

"On resting in between reps: It varies with the length of the set. 5s or fewer get a breath to reset. Longer sets might take 2 breaths. During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you. Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in. " 

Watching the video, you can see his quads swell as the set goes along.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Thank you, Gainsdalf. You've convinced me to switch from CKD to TKD. I was noticing that if I lift during the weekend while I'm carb loading, I am MUCH stronger.  This makes tons of sense now.

@primalbeauty

As I began to love myself, I freed myself of anything that was no good for my health-food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself.At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism.Today I know it is "love of oneself."-Charlie Chaplin

this stressed me out just watching it.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

good god... I whine about having to do 8 reps

@primalbeauty

As I began to love myself, I freed myself of anything that was no good for my health-food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself.At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism.Today I know it is "love of oneself."-Charlie Chaplin

I love the commentary in the widow maker video. I'm considering going for 315x20 at the end of this workout that I'm in the middle of.

Thank you, Gainsdalf. You've convinced me to switch from CKD to TKD. I was noticing that if I lift during the weekend while I'm carb loading, I am MUCH stronger. This makes tons of sense now.
no prob! I always carb up for that same reason. Gives me an excuse for afternoon candy bars.
You should stop telling the Guild Leaders that there's something you don't like to do... we're bound to introduce the 50/50 squat challenge again.
I really like this idea...Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yeah, for anyone who has accomplished 50/50 in the past, that's up next.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

500 / 330 / 625

Yeah, for anyone who has accomplished 50/50 in the past, that's up next. Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

Are we doing them breathing squats style where as long as you don't put the bar down we're good, or are we supposed to keep them more consecutive?

I seem to remember from last time we were supposed to see how many more consecutive reps we got this time, but that assumes that we're using the same weight, which I at least am not, so number of reps is not where I'll be seeing improvement.

The more consecutive thing was an ill choice on my part. Breathing squats will be fine, as long as it can still be considered a set. Putting the bar down is a definite no no.

500 / 330 / 625

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines