mummybear to the rescue. ... sort of..... ish

Challenge accepted!

So I did the beginner's workout this mornings and I did one circuit and it nearly killed me so I have to face the facts I need to get fit I mean jeez! I think I'm pretty sure my 18 week old was laughing at my efforts! That breaks a mummybear down I tell you!

So my challenge is to be able to finish the beginners work out without feeling like I need to ring an ambulance.

My three points will be

1) week 1&2 one circuit 3 days aweek, 3&4- 2, 5&6 -3

2) walk 4 days a week, running is out till my knees strengthens up again ( tore ligament in tge left and since I got pregnant and heavy the right is clicking all the fluffing time )

3) steadily increase my paleo food, inspire the husband and cook new recipes to keep me on the straight and narrow :)

Life side quest:

Smile more! Stop stressing the little things and enjoy life darn it! !

Level 3 Human-Bear Hybrid Assasin Daily Battle Log

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Thanks! I figure that I need to start small to make it last and build myself up, although I'm already planning my next goal I want to be able to walk/jog 5k,at least to the village and back :) who knows maybe I will smash this and I could be walking the 5k by the end of the challenge!

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Slow and steady wins the race.  Progress, not perfection.  I need more coffee before I can remember more platitudes, but you've got this, and there are plenty of us out here starting at ground zerio :)

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

So ive been doing pretty well I think, my battle log is being updated daily but im definitely on track yo crack my quest, may have change it up a little but meh lol, I had a serious hiccup on friday because it was my mums birthday and she chose chinese food, and I have been doubled up since and I picked vegys and meat etc but obviously not as good as I thought so because of major gluten stomach cramps and general bad times I had the weekend off from work outs because I find it juat hurts more but today ive cranked myself back up as I wasn't going to let it sabotage ANOTHER work out :) ive upped my reps on db rows because I cant find something heavy to lift will need to invest in some actual weights anf ive found I can get a great work out in when my 20 week old is having his morning nap :)

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

No since I ate a bit of Chinese food is been my stomach because it must of had Gluten or something in it but if I exercise whilst it's cramping it hurt even more so I could try Epsom salts if it happens again :)

Yesterday I had a nectarine and a few strawberries and almonds for breakfast with a boiled egg post workout

Lunch was vegy sticks with a small tsp of almond butter (might need to cut down my nut intake of I want to lose any weight :)

Tea was a gammon steak, eggs, mushrooms and onions (I used virgin olive oil but im still struggling with my occasional SAD brain about good and bad fats I think and when what im eating really is good or not :S

Exercise was Pretty good although a) I didn't sweat as much since my break in my plan (see earlier comments on gluten reaction and super painful stomach cramps) amd B) it took a longer time so I definitely need to pick up my game but theres only so much I can do in a 20 week old nap time and within the same room as him so im going to have to add more reps or another half circuit or something!

Workout went like this;

20 20 20

10 10 10

20 20 20

10 20/25 20

15 13 15

30 30 30

I think im going to need to tweak my challenge as well

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

No since I ate a bit of Chinese food is been my stomach because it must of had Gluten or something in it but if I exercise whilst it's cramping it hurt even more so I could try Epsom salts if it happens again :)

Or maybe the MSG in da food?

Just made the nommiest chicken satay with almond butter ( peanut butter substitute) and I may live on this !!!

Ohhhh, that's a great idea!  Gonna try it this weekend!

Hope your day is going well so far!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

@blue Msg is a definite contender for the prize, im going to use this as an excuse for not giving in to peer mother pressure again :( definitely try try the satay blue it was fab and really quick!!

Breakfast was a nectarine and apple

Lunch was a chicken and veg satay

Supper was bacon wrapped prawns with roasted veggies

It was a rest day so I just had a walk with the little man around the farm to see the baby cows :) hope he doesn't get too attached because we'll be eating them soon lol x

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Had a good day up until about an hour a go,

Pre workout was an apple and lime with hot water

Post workout was egg muffins the bacon wrapped oven type things with a few veggies like omelettes but in a muffin tin

Lunch was king prawn satay like I had yesterday with a load of veggies. ,

My workout was

25 25 25

10 15 20

20 20 20

20 20 20

15 15 10

30 30 30

I stretched before and after but my left hip cells like I've trapped a nerve is tried a few yoga poses that open the hip and stretch the lower back but its not helped and its put me in a pretty shitty mood now and totally killed my workout buzz, especially as I proper forced myself to get going this morning and really sweated it out ... urgh and this is the Thanks my body gives :P

I'm going to spend myself in the shower again whilst little man is still sleeping to see if the warmth helps other than that I'm going to heat/cool it a couple of times to see how it goes tonight :(

Going to make chilli tonight and the hubs'll probably have Rose with his, I might try shredding some cabbage as a noodle sort of thing and have that raw with the hot chilli on top :)

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

I stretched before and after but my left hip cells like I've trapped a nerve is tried a few yoga poses that open the hip and stretch the lower back but its not helped

I got this massage foam roller thing to help me roll out the tightness in my back, hips, legs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ4D0AU/

There are a lot of videos on YouTube that show you how to use it.  Like this one:

Good luck!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

That looks fab and if I can find one in the UK then I'm getting it :) its only when I'm leaning back now so it's getting better now :)

IM SUPER SUPER PROUD OF MYSELF!!!! Totally wooting!!

I measured myself on the 8th of July and these were my measurements:

Neck 16

Top of arm L 17 R 17

Under bust 42

Bust 47.5

Waist 40

Hips 51.5

Top of thigh L 33.5 R 33

Top of knee L 21.5 R 22

I measured myself yesterday and I measured:

Neck 15

Top of arm L 16.5 R 16.75

Under bust 40

Bust 46

Waist 37.75

Hips 48.5

Top of thigh L 31 R 31.5

Top of knee L 20.5 R 20

So ive lost a GRAND TOTAL OF 18 INCHES!!!

TOTALLY given me a boost! I really needed to see results to know I'm doing alright and all the hardwork I'm putting in to being healthy is showing, I don't know if I've lost weight till Saturday unless the hubs droves me to town but I don't mind cause I've lost inches :)!!

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

I've had a good day :)

Breakfast was a smoothie of a banana, frozen berries, some almond milk and a half tea spoon of almond butter

Lunch was a fish salad and a nectarine

Supper will be a paleo cottage pie :) with a sweet potato and cauliflower topping :)

It was a rest day and pretty warm for Shropshire so I wrapped my little man in the sling onto the front of me for extra weight and went for a brisk walk up to the Farm yard, had a look at the new baby cows we've just got and raved my hubs back down the Lane (he drove the combine and I walked lol) I'm pretty sure he let me win but I worked up a healthy sweat and managed to get H to sleep in the process so a total win lol

Don't think I'm eating enough calories though so I'm definitely going to have to bulk up supper or something, *shrugs *

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

I woke up rough as a badger's bum seriously, no energy had a horrid nights sleep as little man decided to wake up multiple times through the night and I was just not up for a workout.... but I freaking well did it dammit!!

Washing up, my workout clothes were in the kitchen (don't ask lol) so I put them on and just stood in the living room trying to psych myself up! One squat, two squat and I was off. Thought I'd just do one circuit, but when I finished that one I immediately started the second, my OCD wouldnt allow to now not do the rest of the second and because id donw that one and I was over half way I HAD to do the lastcircuit and tada!! I finished my workout lol :)

20 20 20

20 20 20

20 20 20

20 20 20

15 20 15

30 30 30

:)

I had 3 egg scramble with a bit of chilli powder for breakfast

Lunch was a chicken breast, 6 king prawns and a portion of walnuts and almond butter ( needed calories! )

Tea is chicken thighs and vegetables and rice for my hubs

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Forgot to mention that I went for a super long walk yesterday as well (well super long to me lol) I walked the quarter mile land to the farm, walked the half mile through the fields the Hubs just finished combining so it was a bit of a resistance walk going through the barley stalks and then I walked up and down the 300yard field to the main road and back three times... not sure how long it is in total but it was fab for getting little man to sleep in the wrap sling so I also had over 16lb weight added to my own for good measure :)

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Sat/10/8/13

Breakfast was a nectarine and an apple

Lunch was a side salad (stupid café) and then two naked sort of like larabars I gather and I had the pecan pre and gingerbread ones nom)

Tea was chicken potatoes and a burger no bun at my mother in laws because there just wasn't anything else :(

Rest day so just walked and I weighed myself but I'll do a proper updates tomorrow about that :)

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

I have dropped 2lbs this past week and that is fab!! Although I am starting to realise that that doez not equate to loss in body fat but then again I'm only just beginning to actually build muscle, I kind of wish I had weighed myself before the 6 week challenge and not a week in causr I only have a pre giving birth weight to go on but overall im pleased with losing the two pounds :) and the inches :) and the 0.1% body fat because slow and steady will win me a healthy future and that means more time and fun with H my little man x

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

I did a full three circuits of the beginner body weight workout, I really couldn't do any more than that as I felt so rough aged another bad night with H and to be honest im surprised I managed to finish it and that's only because I got up early to do it whilst little man was still sleeping, man I hate teething!

20 20 20

10 10 10

20 20 20

10 10 10

15 15 15

30 30 30

I'm also finding that planks are a heck of a lot easier maintaining now than 3 weeks a go :)

Breakfast was a power bar concoction I made from dates, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and coconut shreds with eggs top bind, in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180/350? , eaten after my workout :)

Lunch was strange as I really want hungry so I baked a chicken boob amd scrambled eggs and mixed the chicken with the eggs and a few spribkles of smoked paprika :) nomy

Tea is going to be a chicken roast dinner with lots of veggies :)

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines