mummybear to the rescue. ... sort of..... ish

Rest day and I definitely needed it, ive been feeling super funky (the not good kind) since I spent an hour and a half in an MRI machine on saturday, they apparently needed a in depth and detailed picture of my audio meatus for my new ear moulds im getting with my new hearing aids which is awesome but im going to have a killer headache for weeks when I get them ; (

Breakfast was a banana/frozen berry/almond milk smoothie

Lunch was a power bar cause I was seriously not hungry

Supper is cooking as I type and its a beef and mushroom curry and my husband just walked in and said he could smell it wafting into the yard as he was walking up to the house and his mouth is watering :) happy times!!!

Hopefully I'm feeling a bit more fab tomorrow after my workout :) maybe I can time it a bit faster so I can get it done fully whilst H is having his morning nap :)

@bluekiwi thanks :) hoping for another loss this week but I cant get to a proper scales for a couple of weeks now so im not going to be sure :(

Level 3 Human-Bear Hybrid Assasin Daily Battle Log

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

I did the beginner's workout this morning and it went a little something like this. ..

20 20 20

10 10 10

20 20 20

15 15 15

15 15 15

30 30 30..... twisted knee ...pain filled cry.... bargaining. .... cute little baby laughter at mummys pain.... hobbling....manning up lol

Im alright now it's just a bit tender :)

Breakfast was a few strawberries and half a grapefruit

Lunch was a small fish curry a la last night

Supper is going to be a beef chilli when little man is in bed and hubs is home :)

So far this week is going well :) :) happy times!

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Rest day and I swear I need it because I'm either pregnant or need to up my calories because this past week has been so rough energy wise *joking about the pregnant part lol*

Breakfast was a smoothie with a banana, frozen berries and almond milk

Snacks so far have been 2 power bars, a slice of melon chunks and half a grapefruit. ...

Lunch was a bit of leftover chilli from last night

Supper is going to be something with mince, im totally wanting meat balls or loaf or something so that's ptobably gonna be it with vegetables

I might go take a nap lol x

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

LOL!  Maybe just need to eat more?  Have you calculate out your macros (i.e. carbs, fat, and protein that you need to eat per day) yet?

Here is a link I saw on the NF forum:  http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

It helps you to decide what calories you need per day based on level of exercise.

Good luck tomorrow!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Taking Kiwi's advice today and I calculated my macros... They go a little something like this

Calories 2206 (seriously dont know if this is even possible :( )

Protein 242

Carbs 91.7

Fat 96.8

Fibre 48-61

The link I used said I need to eat 700+ calories a meal and so I reckon I need to eat some more lol

Breakfast was bacon, eggs and melon so the stats are:

Cal 477 (1729)

Pro 40 (202)

Car 16.2 (75.5)

Fat 29 (67.8)

Fib 1.7 (46.3)

Hmmmm *strokes non existent beard*..... might be a toughy

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Breakfast was bacon, eggs and melon

Snack wad pumpkin seeds and coconut

Lunch was left over chilli

Supper was stuffed turkey steak with sweet potato wedges

Workout was

20 20 20

10 10 10

20 20 20

15 15 15

15 15 15

30 30 30

:) I hit my protein and fibre and slightly over shot the fat and carbs, calories I didn't manage to get close too but my chicks have given me more eggs so I should be able to add more calories or something tomorrow :)

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Taking Kiwi's advice today and I calculated my macros... They go a little something like this

Calories 2206 (seriously dont know if this is even possible :( )

Protein 242

Carbs 91.7

Fat 96.8

Fibre 48-61

The link I used said I need to eat 700+ calories a meal and so I reckon I need to eat some more lol

Breakfast was bacon, eggs and melon so the stats are:

Cal 477 (1729)

Pro 40 (202)

Car 16.2 (75.5)

Fat 29 (67.8)

Fib 1.7 (46.3)

Hmmmm *strokes non existent beard*..... might be a toughy

If you are trying to lose weight, I think eating below the target calorie on some days is okay.

Also, I think it is okay to go over on fat, as long as you don't have too much sugar.

What are you using to keep track of your food?  I probably mentioned this already... I use MyFitnessPal.com  It has an extensive food database and I am learning lots about the nutrition information of the food I usually eat.

Good luck tomorrow.  Have a great weekend!  ^_^

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

I track with my calculator lol I don't have an app I use books and the internet as well as the packaging etc etc for calories, I'll have a look at fitness pal cause I have heard from a load of peeps that is good for tracking :)

Apparently my calories ^ up there are for me to lose 2 lbs a week and I think that's a tonne :S

Right got to go cause H has decided to fall asleep over the side of his walker again lol

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Breakfast was a tangerine and 3 eggs

Lunch was a banana and almond butter smoothie and 2 per bars

Super was smoked paprika gammon and stifry rainbow

Crap day tbh not going to lie, im finding I'm just getting less less Hindu to the point of forcing food down and im just not enjoying it at the moment but I'm sure I'll pick up. .. carrying on from the pregnant joke though totally felt sick this morning and crap myself a little bit LOL

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Stir-fry rainbow?  Rawrr... it's that like an unicorn diet?

Aww, sorry to hear you are having a crap day :\  Are you drinking enough water? 

Hopefully tomorrow will be better!  Good luck! *sending hugs your way*!

Yeh you know when you eat a rainbow of food and then feel like an awesome unicorn after :)

Yeh I drink loads of water at least two litres a day I haven't got a clue but I definitely need to fine tune everything.

Breakfast was skipped because hubs needed to get to the bank

Lunch was trout and leftover rainbow

Tea is going to be a free for all because my mother in law doesnt understand what I mean when I say im not eating grains (husbands parents are farmers too- old school styley) but I shall pick what I can :)

Workout was

30 30 30

15 15 15

20 20 20

20 20 20

15 20 15

30 30 30

And my TOTAL RAWRRRRRR WOOT WOOT is that I lost 1lb (could have been better lets be honest) But (!) I lost 6.25 more inches!!!! So that is 24.25 since july 8th!

BOWCHICKAWOWWOW!!!!!

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Sunday was a bit rubbish all around :(

Breakfast was a nectarine and a plum

Lunch was a mix of bell pepper, courgette, dates, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and coconut shreds with a little almond butter

Supper was a chicken roast dinner

Problemo A) gravy (uk type gravy tge meaty type that involves cornflour) happened not a lot but enough after Saturday night at the mother in laws for me to feel pretty crap about myself

Problemo B) twisted and turned over my ankle TWICE! putting the washing on tge line so im iffy about doing my workout today incase I properly screw the thing up :(

So all around my weekend has been of the s**ty kind :( first my weigh in was a bit off, then this ; (

I'm all a bit sad face to be honest which is why I didn't want to give up my workout today because I don't want to be a complete failure this past few days ..... urgh!

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Well I managed to get a small workout done that didn't hurt my ankle any more that it already is and I managed squats, press ups on my knees and DB rows :)

30 30 30

15 15 15

20 20 20

So nor my usual awesomeness but its better than nothing and im going to see if I can manage a short ish walk up to the farm and back with H.

Feeling a bit better now :) might even go for some sit up somethings because I obviously can't get my planks in ( a tad gutted about that cause me and the hubs have been having plank wars against each other when H has been put to bed which usually end in laughs cause we've only just had supper so it gets quite competitive lol

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Aww, sorry to hear about your weekend. Hope your ankle feels better really soon!

Still looking awesome to me!  Rawr Rawr!  Every little bit counts!  Rawr, plank war!  LOL!  Go you! :D

Good luck with Week 4 :D 

Well yesterday was abit on the wonky side, I was feeling pretty dodgy if truth be told but I managed my eating and some exercise even though my ankle b was still hurting. It's only down the outside of my foot and around the back of my ankle now and really only when I put pressure on it (all weight on one foot etc).

Breakfast wasa nectarine and a plum

Lunch was a chicken and veg satay that I Perry much had to force down because I just felt off

Supper was a chicken stir fry and sweet potato wedges with smoked paprika

Hope the rest of this week goes better because it's going to be really stressful, Thursday I have to get new moulds done for my hearing aids and its just going to be a massive palaver and I hate it :( wish me luck lol

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

I'm starting to wonder actually if I'm doing something differently to everyone else, I eat a paleo diet but quite a bit of fruit and I exercise 3-4 times a week and ive only lost 3-4 pounds, whilst everyone else seems to be losing a lot more? ? Hmmmm im happy to lose a pound a week just not sure as its quite a difference?

I'm forcing my calories to where they should be even when I'm not hungry, I eat my macros but I eat a lot of fruit and could drink more water if I tried .....

I shall ponder lol

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

"i try and keep at 1000 but im always under but max 1200.the app website i go on is mint.xx

yea thats enough cus my diet is mainly protien.ppl who do weights have extra protien because it recovers and mends there muscles,i tend to have a protien shake or isotonic drink after iv done my workout.Xx

well iv had a narna and apple and cup of tea for breki i shall have a salad for lunch and either soup or steamed fish with shreded corgette for tea yum.xxx"

Okay m not worried anymore, my friend is 'clean eating' and lifting weights and that ^^ is what she had to say when I asked how she lost 6lbs since last week. ... shes not eating enough, too little protein and definitely not enough calories!!

1000 calories oh dear!! I'm actually a bit worried about her now and shes saying she is lifting weights everyday and running at the weekends as well

Hmmmmmmmm ...

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Good Luck, MummyBear!

As for losing weight, losing a pound per week seems pretty reasonable!  Also, you may want to check the sugar level in the fruits you are eating.  If you are trying to lose more weight, Paleo supporters would say limit to 1 serving of fruits per day because of the high sugar, especially grapes.  I was eating a lot of fruits, too, thinking they are good for me and not realizing how much sugar I was eating.  I have now switched to raw bell peppers and cucumbers slices when I want to munch on stuff.

:D  Hope your day has been going great!  Rawr!

Hey MumB! I saw your post on the first time challenge board, and I've found it difficult to connect as well. Sooo... I read all of your thread and I'm caught up and ready to cheer!

Love that you and your Hubbs have plank wars. That made me laugh. :) my hubby is the very best thing about me (in my opinion!) and is doing goofy things to support me as well.

Congrats on your baby! I love it that you're taking him on your walks. Starting to teach early what healthy habits look like. Had that crossed your mind at all when you're walking? :) also, what the heck do you do about Mosquitos? We live acreage amongst HUGE farms, and the dang mosquitoes eat me up! I'd love to go walking more... And I'm not a fan of bug spray.

Home raised beef= amazing. We have some fence line to repair, but after... Next season, we're thinking of raising one.

Don't be too concerned with the weight loss. You're doing the right things. And in my experience, I sort of have phases... Like I'll lose, plateau and add muscle, then start dropping weight again. You may be in the building muscle phase? ( I'm not sure if there's any fact in that... It's just based on that I notice about myself.)

Sending high fives and support!

Level 1 Druid Sea-Elf

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50159-back-at-nerd-fitness-but-i-can-no-longer-see-my-toes/?p=1094367

"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesan

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

*waves like a crazy person* heya WifeyB!

Lovely to meet you :) I live in the UK so we don't have mosquitos such we have gawd awful horseflies! And those nasty bar stewards scar if they get you ;( and I keep away from the moos' when its hot in that case :)

Yeh home reared Aberdeen Angus. .... nom nom nom and I cant wait til shooting season starts on yhr 1st of September cause then we have Partridge, pheasant, goose and duck to look forward too :)

I hadnt thought of that you know so thank you, I have been struggling since he was born with thinking im doing a good enough job so that's made my day :) Ithink its a first time mum thing lol

I think im doing well on the weightloss it was just this friend I have who to be honest always has to do one better, everything is a race that she has to win and since I started paleo and bww shes now clean eating and lifting weights and losing 6lb a week and it was all a bit in my face the last few days so I just needed reassurance that im doing alright lol I should have guessed with her really though and she's probably just winding me up lol

My hubs is fab, we used to do as a reward/celebration that sort of thing get a Chinese takeaway but hes started to buy dvds LOL! I reached 24 inches lost and he bought me Les Miserable.... or you know because he spoils me rotten lol

Sorry about typos im typing whilst feeding Henry so I've got one had free lol, I'm going catch up with your challenge whilst he naps after my workout :)

X

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Yesterday was a bit of a rough day, me and the hubs had some sodding crap news so I ended up having a bulmers berry cider, well a 1/3 cause I literally can't drink and yesterday was just THAT type of a day :(

Breakfast I had a nectarine and a plum

Lunch was turkey roll ups with a carrot walnuts pumpkin seeds and coconut shreds with a tangerine

Supper was stuffed turkey wrapped in bacon with sweet potato wedges with paprika and somr brocoll .... and that cider

*Fast forward*

Today im replacing my need for fruit with fruity tea bags and I did my half work out because I woke up with my ankle throbbing again, so squats, press ups and db rows

20 20 20

10 10 10

20 20 20

And I went for a walk around the fields that hubs has just combined with the dog and H wrapped to my front before the work out and breakfast.

Breakfast was a big pile of protein because I was starving and Im not hitting my protein macro so it was a turkey steak, 2 rashers of bacon and 4 egg scramble with mushrooms and tomatoes :)

Yum

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Horse flies! Yuck. I guess if it's not one thing, it's another!

24 inches is AMAZING!!!! And it sounds like you're being more mindful and eating enough to sustain helthy habits... you friend may not be. Crashing and starving will work for a time, but not for a life change, you know?

The berry cider- some days you just need one. And life is about balance... tough days have to be balanced out by something. :) Like cider. Ha!

Level 1 Druid Sea-Elf

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50159-back-at-nerd-fitness-but-i-can-no-longer-see-my-toes/?p=1094367

"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesan

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

Aww, sorry about crappy news.  Hope today was a better day!

Rawrrr for stuffed turkey and turkey steak!  I wish I know how to cook turkey meat without drying them out...

Poor ankle!  Have you try soaking it in warm water?  Hope it feels better soon!

Mmm, berry cider actually sounds yummy!

Good luck with tomorrow!  Everything will get better!  Rawr! Rawr! ^_^

My sincere bad for the disappearance yesterday, that shitty news needed to be dealt with so I just needed the day to do my thing :( plus I had to go and get my new moulds fitted for my hearing aids which always sucks. ... think silly putty/weirdness in the ear and you get the jist.

Well I ended up at my mother in laws so I had a cooked pork roast dinner and it came with gravy which she makes herself (she will not allow you to plate up yourself you get what you're given and you eat it) but I know she only puts a little Cornflour in it so thats my fail for yesterday, also a tonne of retail therapy happened and I bought myself among others a kickass pair of scales and when I weighed in this morning I had lost 2.75lbs!!! Woop woop! Now I realise theta going to be some difference between the pharmacy scales in Boots amd my own but I knew I would lose anyway because even though work outs have been halved due to the ankle I did more squats than usual, I ate more calories which I needed to, I drank more water, not eating as much fruit but swapping it for fruit teas instead, and I realised with it being 'star week' I normally gain 7lbs tge week before (last week I lost 1lb instead WIN!) Amd lose it gain quite quickly so a loss was a given but to be on the safe side I measured again :)

Neck 14.75

T of arm L 16 R 16

Underbust 38.5

Bust 45

Waist 37

Hips 46.2

T of thigh L 30.5 R 30.5

T of knee L 20 R 19.5

So since the 8 of July and certainly since last week I've lost more inches! 3.25 since the 17th so a total of 27.5 so far!

And I weighed in at 239.25 so im in the 230's!!!! Mini goal reached!

This totally made my day and I needed some good news :)

@wifey yes the horseflies are disgusting and I have 2 new scars from this summer :( they better not go near baby H because I will go freaking ninja on their asses if they do!

@blue as for not drying turkey out wrap it in bacon! Totally doesn't dry out and that's what we do with our Christmas Turkey :) and the very cider was lush and vi still have 2/3rds of the bottle lol so that's going to the hubs :) who incidentally weighed himself on these awesome new scales and he's doing fantastic with his weight as well, it's being a farmer, hes totally buff I'm not going to lie, his weight is all muscle :)

Workout was

30 30 30

15 15 15

20 20 20

20 20 20

20 20 20

30 30 30!

Breakfast was a nectarine and fruit tea and im not sure about lunch yet but it'll be yummy, bake fish salad sounds good :)

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines