SeeingRed Sees Mud

SeeingRed

Main Quest!

Run a Tough Mudder and finish in the top 20.

To complete this goal I will need to work on three areas.

Strength

Endurance

Agility

To begin working on these areas I will set up a weekly workout schedule.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

Strength and Agility

On Monday and Friday I will be doing the Advanced Body Weight Routine.

On Wednesday I will be doing the Tough Mudder Bootcamp Workout.

I will also do HIIT on Monday and plyometrics on Friday.

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday

Endurance

Start with a 5k and increase by .5 miles every week.

Sunday

Active Recovery

I will walk at least 1 mile.

I will need to continue to fuel my body with healthy foods so that I will have then energy to complete my workouts.

I will begin to slowly transition my diet into the paleo lifestyle to combine with IF.

First three weeks no dairy, Second three weeks no wheat/grains.

Side Quest!

My life goal will be to attend church every Sunday and do a daily devotional immediately after a workout. 

Grading/Points

Workouts graded on a weekly basis.

An (A)for not missing any.

A © for missing one.

A (F) for missing two or more.

My diet will be graded on a weekly basis. 

An (A) 1 cheat day or less.

A (F) 2 cheat days or more.

My life goal will be a pass or fail every week, no leniency.Only allowed 1 fail week.

For my Strength portion I will assign (STR-3)

For my Agility portion I will assign (DEX-3)

For my Endurance portion I will assign (STA-3)

For my Active Recovery portion I will assign (CON-1)

For my diet portion I will assign (CON-2)

Life Goal (WIS-3)

Stats!

Weight: 163.6 lbs

BF%: 12.6%

Height: 5' 8"

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

STR-5  DEX-3  STA-4  CON-4  WIS-2  CHA-2

The greatest pleasure in life is in doing what people say you cannot do.
-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

I love your goal of doing a devotional after each workout. Maybe I'll borrow that idea. :)

Thanks. I made it after each workout because I workout everyday all ready so I am just going to use a habit to form another one.

Where are you going to be mudding? I'm doing Dallas on October 26!

Can't wait to hear how you do!

I won't be mudding until next year. I am hoping they have one somewhere close to Cincinnati.

Thanks for your support.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

I'm impressed with the tough mudder! That's something I am thinking of doing, but I'm all caught up in ninja warrior fever at the moment! :P

Best of luck with the challenge, you look like you've got a good plan down so I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :D

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

I'm impressed with the tough mudder! That's something I am thinking of doing, but I'm all caught up in ninja warrior fever at the moment! :tongue:

Best of luck with the challenge, you look like you've got a good plan down so I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :D

Thanks! I want to compete in that but I am only 19 so I still have two years so I figured this will be a good goal in the mean time.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Thanks! I want to compete in that but I am only 19 so I still have two years so I figured this will be a good goal in the mean time.

Definitely! A tough mudder is definitely a great achievement, have you got one lined up at the moment?

Level 1

High Score:

Definitely! A tough mudder is definitely a great achievement, have you got one lined up at the moment?

Not yet. I saw they might be having one really close to me next year so I decided I should start training now.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

An excellent plan my man! I don't think tough mudders are things you can just drop into. I know I definitely wouldn't be able to!

It will be tough. The farthest I have ever ran is a 5k and those kill me cause I am pretty bad at running long distances.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Main Quest!

Run a Tough Mudder and finish in the top 20.

I will need to continue to fuel my body with healthy foods so that I will have then energy to complete my workouts.

My life goal will be to attend church every Sunday and do a daily devotional immediately after a workout.

I really need that discipline regarding eating enough good food for working out. I may well be burning up muscle instead of gaining it.

I love your life goal. I think the devotional work after the work out will really have an impact on your inner peace and positive attention on yourself and to your God. Very cool.

Best of Luck and I'm gonna sub you... so there!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I really need that discipline regarding eating enough good food for working out. I may well be burning up muscle instead of gaining it.

I love your life goal. I think the devotional work after the work out will really have an impact on your inner peace and positive attention on yourself and to your God. Very cool.

Best of Luck and I'm gonna sub you... so there!

Thanks! I am worried about losing muscle. Since I started Intermittent Fasting last challenge I have been losing at a steady rate but since I started to try and switch to paleo I began to lose weight faster and struggled to eat enough food because broccoli is alot more filling than cookies, haha.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Thanks! I am worried about losing muscle. Since I started Intermittent Fasting last challenge I have been losing at a steady rate but since I started to try and switch to paleo I began to lose weight faster and struggled to eat enough food because broccoli is alot more filling than cookies, haha.

You should be able to eat at a deficit of 22 calories per pound of bodyfat to lose weight without losing muscle. That might not sound like a lot it adds up, so going from your stats a deficit of 450 should mean that you retain muscle as you lose weight.

The only problem with figuring it out like this is that you'll probably need to re-do the calculation every week or two as your deficit to not lose muscle will become smaller as you lose fat.

Level 1

High Score:

You should be able to eat at a deficit of 22 calories per pound of bodyfat to lose weight without losing muscle. That might not sound like a lot it adds up, so going from your stats a deficit of 450 should mean that you retain muscle as you lose weight.

The only problem with figuring it out like this is that you'll probably need to re-do the calculation every week or two as your deficit to not lose muscle will become smaller as you lose fat.

Thanks for the info, I'ma gonna snatch it.  :pirate:

The Way

Better Now than Later On

I absolutely love almonds! They are my favorite snack. I am always worried about eating to much of them so I measure out about 1 cup of almonds almost every day and eat them. Almond butter is also delicious.

Super excited about the first day of the challenge! I'm about to start my workout for today!

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Today was awesome! I did three rounds of the Advance Bodyweight Workout and then I finished with 8 rounds of jump rope on 45 seconds hard 30 off.

Then after my workout I did my daily devotional on Luke 13:22-30.

I am now officially not having any dairy to begin to switch to paleo.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Today was awesome! I did three rounds of the Advance Bodyweight Workout and then I finished with 8 rounds of jump rope on 45 seconds hard 30 off. Then after my workout I did my daily devotional on Luke 13:22-30. I am now officially not having any dairy to begin to switch to paleo.

Sweet start SRed!

What's the passage about if you don't mind me asking?

You are off running, well jumping!

Cheers!

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Sweet start SRed!

What's the passage about if you don't mind me asking?

You are off running, well jumping!

Cheers!

Thanks!

I would love to! The passage was Jesus talking to a group of people. It was a parable basically saying that the gate to heaven was a narrow door and anyone who does not believe in Jesus will not make it into heaven. It was really short and simple.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Red, I absolutely LOVE your challenge and your life goal! Working in your devotional time after a workout is such a great idea! I usually do mine in the morning after I get up, but I've been wanting to work in more prayer time into my life, so maybe I'll have prayer after my workouts.

A tough mudder is no small thing, so good on you for starting your training early. Hope it goes well and looking forward to watching you progress through this challenge!

Level 8 Guardian Trainee

STR 20 | DEX 15 | STA 13 | CON 15 | WIS 12 | CHA 17

TN is Lookin' at YOU, Summertime!

"Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees." -Hebrews 12:12

Red, I absolutely LOVE your challenge and your life goal! Working in your devotional time after a workout is such a great idea! I usually do mine in the morning after I get up, but I've been wanting to work in more prayer time into my life, so maybe I'll have prayer after my workouts. A tough mudder is no small thing, so good on you for starting your training early. Hope it goes well and looking forward to watching you progress through this challenge!

Thanks! Doing it after my workout is definitely the best time for me because I usually take about 30 minutes to just cool down before I take a shower. And I workout everyday so I am just trying to piggyback my devotional on a habit that I already have.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Ran a 5k today. I did it in 33 minutes, so it was pretty slow. My best is 24 minutes. 

I did my devotional today too. It was over 1 Peter 4:12-19. It basically said that as a christian you will be persecuted and insulted but do not be ashamed but rejoice because those who suffer for Christ are blessed.

I did not have any dairy yesterday. And I found a new love in unsweetened almond milk. It is delicious. Today will be my cheat day. I am going to an Italian restaurant and there is bound to be lots of cheese, haha.

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines