• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tefindeno

Tefin - level 2

Tefindeno sounds like Tef(like Teflon) in den oh

Just so you know cause i know it looks weird.

Back for my 2nd challenge and I promise to update more!

I'll also be getting back with #ZAP for my accountability buddies!

Main Quest 

To be more Confident in myself.  Which sounds like a silly thing, it's just mind over matter, but I think earning my confidence (even though its just to myself) is important. In my line of work, confidence is power, and conveying that I'm confident in what I do will take me farther career wise. In order to point me in the right direction I'm assigning myself these goals:

Eat better - I'm taking the Paleo approach here. I've done the Whole 30 and did great before. It's more a matter of being lazy and not wanting to cook. as well as having easy access to junk (my gf is a junk food connoisseur) No more! By the end of this challenge I want to be eating Paleo 6 of 7 days.

Weeks 1-2 - Drink Water, black coffee, unsweet tea. I don't drink soda/alcohol heavily so this shouldn't be such a big deal.  If I do snack, it's healthy snacks.  Try to eat as many Paleo meals but no preassure. 

Weeks 3-4 - At least 1 meal every day is Paleo.  Try to eat as many Paleo meals as possible but no peassure.

Weeks 5-6 - All meals 6 days a week are Paleo.  No biggie!

CON +3

WIS +1

Be active - Whether I run (Zombies, Run!), do my body weight workouts, take my dogs for long walks, mow the yard, or yoga, I need to do something that gets me sweaty 5 days a week.  I also intend to walk at least 70k steps a week, I use a fitbit and my link is in my signature if you want to walk 'against' me! 

STA +4

STR +3

DEX +2

Clean Up - personal hygiene is not a strong suit of mine. I'm embarrassed to admit this but I hate taking bathes and washing my face. Well, stink no more. This shit is EASY I just have to do it.

Shower every evening.  Brush my teeth 3x's a day, Wash my face/moisturize 2-3x a day.

Seriously here, my girlfriend sells Mary Kay this really shouldn't be an issue.

CON + 2

Life Goal: As far as a life goal, I'm going to use my up and coming confidence to sell more. I can't train the dog and show off how good I am if I don't convince people to come in! I'm going to sell 7 of 10 of the people I talk to (with issues I can actually fix, not just sell them to sell them, obviously)

Welcome back, Tefin! I'm going to be struggling through a soda addiction while my husband continues to drink it, so I hear you on the easy access to junk! I think I'm going to fall back on almonds and fizzy water. Or leaving the house. Maybe I should just camp out somewhere for 6 weeks...

Still - good luck! We're cheering you on!

Confidence is a hard one, I think it's a great goal to work towards! It's huge once you finally start to feel comfortable and confident in who you are. I won't take up to much space here but if you want someone to talk to about the challenges of it, let me know. I've been there, :)

Friend request ACCEPTED Katmilby!  Lets move! :D

Thanks, Arillan Princess once it starts coming I'm sure it'll be easy I just have to hop that barrier!  I appreciate the backup!

First day of the Challenge went well for me! I didn't exercise but I wouldn't expect to on a Monday, their too crazy. Add a 3 he drive to it (that wasn't planned) and you had my day.

I did well with sticking to clean drinks. So basically water, black coffee, and unsweetened tea.

I ate pretty healthy, but not so paleo.

I had some oatmeal for breakfast before I was awake enough to realize "hey! That's not Paleo!".

This morning I had a much better breakfast of green peppers, onions, tomato, turkey sausage with two eggs.

Lunch got me, I had chicken nuggets from chickfila. Damn you !

But for dinner I had 2 massive bowls of salad because it was so good I had to have more. Just spring mix, kale, tomato and green peppers.

As a reality check, I did weigh myself to see my "starting point" and holy damn 168!

Hi Tefin!

I love your "be more confident" goal. Just getting a little bit more confident makes a huge difference in everything. It really is a game-changer. More than getting stronger, or fitter, or whatever. As every other ZAP member out there, if there is anything I can do to help you get there, I will!

As a side note, 168 is not too bad. I spent some months living in London 2 years ago and when I came back home I was 169 pounds, out of nowhere (in retrospective, It must've been the cakes and the beer and the cider and the more cakes and sandwiches). I managed to get rid of those fluffy extra energy reservoirs just by eating clean. Not paleo clean, because I was not aware of the thing at that time, just "normal" clean. And if you are combinig that with being active 5 days a week... I guess you'll be allright!

This week has really drug me through the dirt.

The week started out well, however we received a surprise arrival on Tuesday that really messed my challenge up.

I work at a dog training facility and the owners decided to breed one of their dogs. She was due on Friday and she have no indications that she was going into labor and then suddenly.. Puppies.

This wouldn't have been such a big deal but she is .. The worse mom ever. She doesn't want them around her, won't nurse, won't lick, won't do anything so we have been on puppy feeding duty. Which is nursing as much as they will every hour, and tube feeding them every 3 hours overnight.

To say the least I'm tired. The strict schedule has kept me from doing any runs, and just being exhausted hasn't helped. I've been doing lots of stretches but nothing really formal.

My eating had been good until I ran out of fresh food. I haven't been able to leave to get to the store (when I wasn't covered in some of the worse things a puppy can throw at you).

On the plus side I DAMN sure have been showering, scrubbing and keeping squeeky clean.

I'm really hoping today will be my last day before the duty is rotated to the next trainer so I can recoup, reorganize, restock and recharge.

At least they're cute though!

post-17092-13760558976237_thumb.jpg

Thanks ladies!

I've been dragging, unfortunately. Between the pups, getting sick and work itself in feel beat up.

I did have a coke one day, which ruined my clean streak on drinks. It was a situation where I was halfway trough a shift and was drained, tried to go for a cup of coffee but had no filters and failed.

I was able to restock on produce so I'm back in rotation on that.

Workouts I have honestly failed on so far because of the puppies and sickness.

With the puppies I was able to do a hand off when I started to get real sick. Unfortunately we lost 2 of them the next day. :(. So we have one pup left. It's pretty emotionally devastating after all that time holding, feeding and working with them..

Today I'm feeling less dead (thanks #ZAP team for letting me get well!) so I'm really hoping to get out and start sweating again for reasons other than sickness!!

so I'm really hoping to get out and start sweating again for reasons other than sickness!!

Awesome!

I'm sorry for the loss of the pups, that would be hard. And one pop isn't great but not horrible, and you tried for other stuff first. It wasn't a first grab, which is great.

Yes I am ok, I feel a bit like I'm dead but coming out of it.

I've been doing body weight workouts rather than running since i still feel pretty awful and it's been blazing hot outside.

Work has been chaotic, I'm up for a promotion and the other trainer put in her notice (unrelated!) so I'm taking on her dogs. We still have 1 pup who needs to be fed every 3-4hrs.

Luckily he is rotating between 3 of us so it's not as bad anymore.

My service dog in training is visiting her owner for a week so I have a break from that too! This is practically a vacation!

I've been doing well with my food challenge. Even with bad dogs stealing my meals off the stove (I REALLY wanted that roast too...)

Showers have been constant so yay.

Yesterday I did the most squats I've ever done during my workout! 60! Take that bad knees! In your face!

qu9a8uqy.jpg

Forgot to mention that one of my fun workouts was being the decoy at work.

Decoy = the bad guy for our protection dogs.

Having to lift a 100+ lb dog off the ground with one arm and swing him is surprisingly fun.

Since I'm the dogs trainer I rarely am able to be the bad guy. But i have been working with the managers Cane Corso who has an excellent temperament and is able to go back and forth.

This little nip happened through a padded burlap sleeve, it's healing nicely now! This happened 5 days ago.

And no it's not a bite exactly. The skin was pinched off but no puncture!

Hey Tefin, sorry to hear about the pups and you getting sick and hope that the 3 remaining weeks go smoothly for you. Also, good luck with the promotion!

By the way, isn't being "the bad guy" when training dogs scary as hell?

Haha yes, it can be scary but it happens so often it becomes routine!

7yvaqy9y.jpg

It looks pretty grody. I had to get some antibiotics from the dr today. I had been having really bad headaches and fever so I had to stop in.

We have 1 healthy puppy we continue to rotate and nurse.

Diet wise I have been doing well with keeping things Paleo for at least 2 meals of the day. I tend to skip breakfast all together most days in favor of sleep. But I don't feel hungry so it doesn't make me eat something awful later on. I have noticed I'm eating waaaay more fruits than veggies which is not so good. I usually have bought the premixed salads from the store (spring mix, 50/50) but the last 2 I bought by the second day there were these slimy leaves and it grosses me out. Makes me think "this is it. Death by salmonella via salad!

In general I shy away from fruits or veggies when I'm not sure if they are ripe or rotten. I need to take a class or something.

Exercise I've been doing good with again. I didn't fence myself in to what kind of workout in would do, just that I had to do something and sweat. It's been blazing hot so i haven't done much running at all. But I'm doing well with my body weight workout, cleaning up the yard (I live on a hill and our lawn mower has no propulsion this counts), and yoga. I've also signed up for a group that meets to run at 7am and 7 pm twice a week and will practice learning proper form and stuff.

Showers have been happening regularly though with as much as I have been sweating indont think this would have needed to be a goal for me to have accomplished!

Selling I'm doing well with. One shinning moment when a lady was set she didn't want to bring her dog to us because our kennels weren't cushy enough. I helped her feel at ease and made it her choice and she did sign up. Yeah!

So this challenge has ended.

I did very well with a few, pretty awful on one.

Lets break down how I did.

Clean Up!  This was making sure I showered/brushed my teeth every day.  I did great with this one.  It was just making sure I did it.  I give myself an A for this portion and will give myself the full Con2 for this!

Next up is being Active.  I did this goal but with a lot of help.  We've had a lot going on, between the litter of surprise puppies and having a change in employees and training 2 new people who quit.  So I've been working lots of kennel shifts, which is a lot of scrubbing, walking, squating on top of training.  Lots of good stuff!  On top of that on days I wasn't working kennels I was doing lots of walking, some body weight work outs and towards the end of this challenge running again.  This will carry over to the next challenge as well.

Making this portion so vague is what helped me achieve it.  I wasn't locked into a particular workout, I was able to freestyle what I wanted/needed to do.

Giving myself an A for this one, and full points of STA +4 STR +3 DEX +2

Finally we have the diet.  Not as good here.  The challenge was to gradually increase my Paleo diet and decrease my crappy processed food diet.

I did well for a bit, when it was 1-2 meals are Paleo.  But dinner kept killing me.  Then when the kennel shifts took off I fell off a bit more, and lunches got bad too.  I tried at least to make sure I ate a good amount of veggies every day.

I'm not going to give myself Anything for this challenge.  I'd give myself a C for this quest, but I don't feel I was consistent enough to award myself points.  But diet will remain for the following challenge.

As a side quest I wanted to work on my confidence and sell more clients to come in.  I actually did do pretty well with that, I made a few sales I was very proud of, and followed up with doing a really good job training the dogs and had happy clients!

This next challenge I will be carrying over a few of these quests and hopefully getting better each time!  Practice makes perfect!