• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LadyWitch

LadyWitch - The Saga Continues

Have kicked my ass into gear today... I've done my BBW session and a sprint session on the exercise bike... However, today is not looking good on the diet front, as this afternoon we have a wedding cake tasting, followed by a friends birthday party this evening. And then to make it worse its my dads 65th birthday party tomorrow... Will be very surprised if I don't gain weight this week :(

Sorry to hear that but with your Dad's thing especially it is time to celebrate, just do the best you can. You can get back to it the day after if you indulge a little!

Well done for kicking your ass into BBW, I have really not been bothered when I get up, I still don't want to right until I finish the first round but once I do that it doesn't take long to get it over and done with the second timhe and then I sit on my arse and play Skyrim for a while!

Well, I'm feeling really crap right now... I've gained 2lb this week.

I knew last week wasn't a good one, what with my injury and various social commitments, but I'm feeling really miserable right now. During my first challenge I found it so easy to stick to Paleo (even when going out) and managed to loose weight most weeks, but this time round I've gained weight, struggled with both staying Paleo and exercising and generally felt blah...

1/ Eat Paleo - this kept getting sidetracked. No excuses, I just had things I couldn't say 'no' to. I'm going to grade myself a D on this.

2/ BBW x 3 - I did this twice, so that's at least something - although I'm not noticing any improvements atm. Give myself a B.

3/ One 'sprint' session - Now this I actually did, on the exercise bike. So I'll give myself a Pass (it's either pass or fail)

4/ Shineys - I made three steampunk broaches and worked on a bolero for myself. So this was a success, but only because of all the time I didn't spend exercising had to be used for something :P. A grade.

Right, on to this week. Fresh start and all that... I have reduced shifts again, so even more free time than last week. I'm going to jump on the exercise bike during my break later, and do a BBW session too, and tonight is a double Burlesque class again, so that's today sorted. Archery tomorrow, and BBW again on Wednesday and Friday. No bellydance this week as the instructor is on holiday (BOOOOO) and on Saturday we're off for the week away (so no idea how that will help/hinder my efforts). But most importantly, I'm hear-by recommitting to 85% Paleo this week... as we'll be away next Monday, my next 'official' weigh-in wont be for two weeks, so I have that long to make as much difference as possible. So, lots of fruit, veggies, and lean meats are in my future, with some eggs and nuts thrown in for good measure... No more 'paleo-ised' treats. No more squash. No more alcohol. No more tea (I have it with milk and sugar). Just no more 'crap' in general. I don't need it, I don't want it and I will not make allowances for my lack of will power... I am woman, hear me roar! ;)

So to help keep myself on track, I've logged my food and exercise for the day in MFP... Total cals consumed today 1593, total burnt 1344 (it's a rough estimate but I have done tons today!) now if I could manage to do that every day I'd be laughing!

Yesterday went well, calories consumed 1358 but no significant exercise... I know that calorie count is a bit low, but I just wasn't hungry for more!

Other accomplishments yesterday include re-hemming an old pair of work trousers whilst wearing them, fitting into a pair of UK size 14 jeans (for the first time in years), and a UK size 12 top, went to the dentist for a check up without needing any work done and managed to wear my trainers without screaming in agony. All in all, a good day! Also went to archery in the evening. My range finding skills are improving, despite the fact that I lost two arrows :P (They will turn up, as the club are having an under-growth clearance at the weekend!) and in my defence it was getting rather dark when I lost them...

Plan for today: Eat lot of fruit/veg. Do a BBW session. Finish my bolero and start work on a skirt to go with it. Go to the re-enactment group meeting tonight without drinking any coke or ordering desert. Sleep well (this didn't happen last night as the fire alarm started the whole 'low battery' beeping, and neither of us could be assed to get out of bed to remove the battery).

In case anyone is wondering, I've noticed that when I don't post I'm less inclined to stick to my 'diet and exercise' regime, as during the last challenge I posted every day and did really well. So, from now on I'm going to try and post an update everyday - although this may not be possible next week as I'm not sure how much signal my phone will have in the wilds of Kent :P But if not, I'll write myself an update on my phone and post them all in a single post when I get back to civilisation.

Awesome! So even though you didn't lose numbers on the scale your composition is still changing, you must have gained some lean muscle mass. :D Awesome that you can fit into your jeans again and glad you've had a good day, sounds like a great start to the week! I am really pleased for you!

I am really looking forward to fitting back in my UK 14 stuff, with my weight gain after my injury now I had to buy a size 18 a few months ago which is way too big but 16 was a bit uncomfortable as well. 

In case anyone is wondering, I've noticed that when I don't post I'm less inclined to stick to my 'diet and exercise' regime, as during the last challenge I posted every day and did really well. So, from now on I'm going to try and post an update everyday - although this may not be possible next week as I'm not sure how much signal my phone will have in the wilds of Kent :tongue: But if not, I'll write myself an update on my phone and post them all in a single post when I get back to civilisation.

Nothing wrong with posting everyday, it's your thread. (When I'm not invading ;) )The daily reminder is a great way to continue to remind yourself of the challenge.

Awesome! So even though you didn't lose numbers on the scale your composition is still changing, you must have gained some lean muscle mass.  :D Awesome that you can fit into your jeans again and glad you've had a good day, sounds like a great start to the week! I am really pleased for you!

I am really looking forward to fitting back in my UK 14 stuff, with my weight gain after my injury now I had to buy a size 18 a few months ago which is way too big but 16 was a bit uncomfortable as well. 

I went up to a size 18 while I was at Uni, and hated it! I vowed I'd never get that big again... lost some of the weight, and then regained it all and some :P When the scales hit 14 stone in January last year I burst into tears and decided then and there I was going to loose weight. It's taking me a while, and several different 'diets' but I'm getting there, and I'm sure you will to :)

So, yesterday went pretty much as planned. BBW session, followed by a bit of dancing practice. Breakfast was a large bowl of fruit, lunch was a bacon salad and dinner at the pub was baked camenbert with carrot and cucumber to dip in it, followed by ribs and a few chips. Non necessarily the most Paleo thing I could've eaten, but damn it was good! I did have a small glass of diet coke, but only one which is still an improvement over what I used to have. We also walked to the pub, which is about 30 mins, so got some more exercise in... So calories consumed was 1898 and calories burnt was 337. I didn't however finish the bolero, but will try and get it done today.

Today I plan on spending some time working on my solo for the burlesque show in October, I'm only about a minute in on the choreography, and also need to start thinking about my costume. And try and finish the bolero! No belly dancing tonight as the teacher is on holiday, so if it stops raining I may go for a walk instead this evening (as much as my still healing foot will allow anyway). I'm having another big bowl of fruit for my breakfast (this is my normal breakfast these days), I'll then need to pop to the shops to get something in for lunch, as the fridge/freezer are a little empty (we're trying to empty the freezer completely as it needs defrosting, and there's no point stocking up the fridge as we're going away on Saturday), will probably pick up some cooked chicken and salad for lunch, and theres a butternut squash in the pantry that needs using, so will probably have that for dinner, although I'm not sure what with yet... 

Amazing, yes I was about a size 18 at the start of uni as well for a while, then after getting active eventuly went down to a 14 and it was an amazing feeling. I was wearing size 16 when I was about 12-13 years old I don't ever remember wearing smaller really so it was a big deal.

Sounds awesome. I love camembert, it is a beautiful cheese. Looks like your week is going well! Hope your week away isn't to hard food wise but sounds lime you will be putting some hard work in!

Yesterday was an erratic day... Didn't get my BBW done, had some snacks in the evening, but otherwise stuck to my diet.

Off to Kent today, and probably won't have enough signal to update whilst there (although I will try!)

No idea how I'll do on the diet over the next five days, but should have plenty of exercise! Have a good week folks!

(I'll post a full update when I get home)

Oooh which bit of Kent you off to? I'm not a million miles away from Kent, (well, about 75 miles, but not hugely far away). Go visit the white cliffs if you can! And have a walk through the war tunnels if you can!

Also - second note - I worked out how to upload pictures! You can't just randomly upload, you have to create an album. If I remember rightly, we were struggling with the same issues, if you're interested, I can talk you through how to do it now that I am the Princess of Picture posting!

Hope you're doing well!

Home at last! Had a fantastic week and it was really hard to leave yesterday, I've enjoyed disconnecting from the outside world, but there is a definite sense of relief to reconnect!

The week itself has been a bit manic. I've done everything from shifting scaffolding planks to make a temporary road, chopped down trees, dug drainage ditches, painted frescos, learned to basket weave and make authentic medieval clay bowls/cups. I've helped with cooking for 30 people, and washed up after them too. And I've sat in a Saxon long hall, late into the night, listening to the wolves howl and telling stories/singing songs around a roaring fire. My idea of heaven!

Food wise had been iffy. I told them I was 'gluten free' which was fine (they have several others who are so are used to catering for it) however it meant gluten free alternatives for bread etc were provided... Breakfast was bacon and/or eggs everyday (I had bread on the two occasions I had eggs), lunch was the expected sandwiches and crisps, so I generally had a plate of 'fillings'. Dinners varied... We had roast pork, home made curry, sausages and potatoes. The meal that caused me the most problems was the pasta bolognaise. It was the first time I'd had pasta in three months, and even though it was gluten free it triggered a migraine... So wont be doing that again! There was also desert every day, although a couple of them I didn't like/couldn't have.

So, I'm now home and recommitting to Paleo. I ache all over, so may give it a day or so before restarting the BBW.

Good news is I lost 2lb since my last weigh in, which puts me back to where I was a couple of weeks ago (before I gained some) although my 'official' weigh in isn't until Monday...

Welcome back, sounds like you had a lot of fun.

And I've sat in a Saxon long hall, late into the night, listening to the wolves howl and telling stories/singing songs around a roaring fire.

This sounds awesome! And it looks like you did a reasonable job at keeping to things you could eat, which is very hard when there are so many people together. :)