• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LadyWitch

LadyWitch - The Saga Continues

Congrats on you getting engaged and hope your wedding day goes swell!

Seems quite a few challengers are slimming down for wedding stuff, the last day of the challenge is actully the day I am going to a friends wedding party, they got married a few months ago but now they are having a celebration with friends. I have a great dress but it doesn't really fit at the mo and hope it will fit by time the challenge ends!

Will subscribe and keep up with you, good luck with everything!

And a perfectly respectable goa that is, ;)

For Archery, which style do you shoot? Long bow, Recurve, cross bow, compound?

I mainly shoot longbow at the moment, but I have a recurve too :) I've always loved archery, and was in my uni archery club for a while, but since moving to Nottingham (Robin Hood's county) I really felt the need to start again! Not to mention I get to actually shoot people as part of the medieval reenactment i do!

Congrats on you getting engaged and hope your wedding day goes swell!

Seems quite a few challengers are slimming down for wedding stuff, the last day of the challenge is actully the day I am going to a friends wedding party, they got married a few months ago but now they are having a celebration with friends. I have a great dress but it doesn't really fit at the mo and hope it will fit by time the challenge ends!

Will subscribe and keep up with you, good luck with everything!

Thanks! And good luck with fitting into your dress :) I'm sure it'll be a little loose on you by then!

I mainly shoot longbow at the moment, but I have a recurve too :) I've always loved archery, and was in my uni archery club for a while, but since moving to Nottingham (Robin Hood's county) I really felt the need to start again! Not to mention I get to actually shoot people as part of the medieval reenactment i do!

I'm getting more and more intriged by this reenactment stuff. :) I used to shoot a recurve, eventually I will get back into it. Every time I've gone down to the range, they have been late opening and that's enough to irriate me to not go back.

Some clubs are definitely better than others :P the field archery club we've joined is really good, the people are lovely and getting to shoot in the woods is fun! Although I'm still getting used to having targets are different ranges :P

Shooting in the woods is great fun, do you guys have the 3D targets? I remember there was a crocadile up at one tournament we did years ago. I was just a kid so I only watched but most people lost a few arrows in the pond. :)

Yes there are 3D targets :) I got the croc in the hind leg the other week which amused me... last night on the other hand I couldn't hit anything to save my life! Actually thats not true... I was doing brilliantly while it pissed it down on me (I was the only one shooting in the rain, everyone else was hiding in the club shed) but the moment it stopped raining I started missing... It was sooooo frustrating!

Anyhoo... I stuck to paleo yesterday, although we did have a 'paleo-ised' apple crumble when we got in from archery as I was craving comfort food (I use chopped nuts instead of flour/butter crumble). Today I've done a BBW session and not much else! I've got most of the afternoon off, so think I'll try and work on the 'make shineys' goal :) but I do have to go out for an eye test later, so that puts a limit on how involved I can get... You can tell its gotten cooler as my cat is wanting his daily cuddles again, so he'll be annoyed when I turf him off to do something more productive!

Ooh, that sounds likes a good way to have the comfort food if you are going to have it. I have a caluiflower reciepe that I use for mac and cheese. :)

That croc's going to have a limp later! And cats demanding attention? how is he when you are working with the shineys? My cats view such works as a game.

He likes to 'help' with making stuff... Fabric gets slept on or attacked, beads and bobbins get knocked off the table and ribbon gets mauled! Needless to say I try to do most of my making stuff when Aries is asleep... Although at the moment he's asleep on me, and I don't have the heart to move him!post-17503-13752709671357_thumb.jpg

Thanks Arilian :) makes a change from the normal pestering I get!

So, update on yesterday... I skipped breakfast (not intentionally, I just wasn't hungry... suppose it's that natural IF kicking in!), lunch was chicken salad followed by some dates. Dinner was Pork chops, goats cheese-bacon wrapped-peppers, and broccoli... and it would have been lovely if I hadn't spilt boiling hot fat from the chops on my foot and had to spend 20mins sat in the bath running cold water on it :P

Needless to say, I have a blister the size of a grape on the top of my foot this morning, so can't wear shoes at all, which puts a dampener on my exercise plans for today (my partner has the day of work, so we'd planned on visiting the 'city farm' for the first time, and then it was belly dancing this evening) and as I've not been doing well on the exercise front anyway I'm not best pleased... Only good thing about it, is that its the same foot as my dodgy ankle, so I'm not having to watch out for them both :P

Oh well, on the bright side I might get some more crafting done!

Anyhoo... I stuck to paleo yesterday, although we did have a 'paleo-ised' apple crumble when we got in from archery as I was craving comfort food (I use chopped nuts instead of flour/butter crumble). 

That sounds amazing! I shall have to try that after my challenge!

Congratulations on the wedding! How is the planning going? I do have to say I am bit obsessed with wedding stuff (I think the fact that I have no boyfriend adds to IT) so I have tons of things saved on my computer. Inspiration stuff, invitations, things to help planning. 

Burlesque, belly dance, archery and shineys? It seems really fun (and a lot of work)! I really really like archery, I have done a few times while travelling, but it is really hard to find some place to practice here in my city. 

I HATE BLISTERS! I am really clumsy so I have to be really really careful. Has it gone better?

The blister is still huge, I may have to pop it purely so I can get some shoes on :P because it (and the dodgy ankle) are making it hard/impossible to exercise... Which is making it harder to stay in the 'healthy' mindset- this leads to snacking urges and the 'pizza-lust' that I thought I'd banished completely.

Yesterday's food - bacon, eggs and tomatoes for breakfast. Apple, strawberries with honey for snack. Tuna salad for lunch and Sweet potato fries (homemade) with ready cooked chicken for dinner. Followed by two chocolate brownies that I just couldn't resist. The only good thing about them was that they were gluten free brownies. So they haven't lead to an upset stomach.

Will try to do better today, but it's gaming tonight, do there is always a surplus of 'gaming crap' aka snacks waiting to be eaten. Last week I had some 'paleo flapjack' at the ready but I haven't had chance to make anything this week...

Sounds like overall you've had a good day of eating though so well done, hope the crap isn't to hard to resist, I guess you could grab a box of strawberries or something to take along? What kind of games do you usually play?

Yeah yesterday could've been worse ;)

We host gaming, so I at least get to control what we have for dinner! I do normally have fruit around, and I've just made some paleo flapjack, so that gives me something healthier to eat than doughnuts... As for what we play, currently it's D&D, although we switch game a couple times a year normally :) we also board game occasionally, especially if we have several people unable to come for D&D.

Cool, I never got into RPGs much aside from computer games, played a bit of Vampire the masquerade and a few other one off games which were fun! I love board games though, big fan of Settlers and Dominion.

Cool, I never got into RPGs much aside from computer games, played a bit of Vampire the masquerade and a few other one off games which were fun! I love board games though, big fan of Settlers and Dominion.

Dominion is a great game! We have several of the expansions and it gets played quite often! Munchkin is also a favourite :)

Zucchini brownies sound interesting! May give them a try during the week.

Today has not been a good day food wise. Went out with a couple of friends and stopped at a pub for lunch - had a chicken burger and chips, with various other stuff added on (it was nice, and I didn't eat the roll, but still feel a bit blah for eating it). We did go for a walk afterwards, and did a bit of tree climbing (first time I've climbed a tree in years!) we then went back for desert :P oh well... Tomorrow is a new day! We did find a local 'city gym' which is an outdoor 'play area' type arrangement, free to use and has various bodyweight equipment. May give it a try at some point. We also found a local farm shop that supplies locally sources pasture fed meats, and they do local cheese and fruit/veg to.

I know some friends that play Dominion from time to time.  Never tried it myself.

Sounds like a fun day even if the food eating wasn't the greatest :)  The city gym place sounds pretty cool.

Yeah outdoor gyms are great, I wish we had some more up here in Edinburgh, I would really like a decent rail for pull ups nearby.

Sounds like a great day, glad you had a nice time and had fun with friends and not doing it just for the sake of it :)

It was a great day, finished off with an evening of playing HeroQuest :) but I'm feeling it today! My back is playing up, and various other muscles are aching... did I mention that I used the trees for a bit of pull-up practice?? Not that I could actually manage a full pull-up yet, but there was some movement... I also climbed a climbing frame in the play area and slid down the fire-mans pole... and clambered up and over the cargo net too! I felt like a big kid, and even though I'm paying for it today, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!

Today will be a little bit more laid back, as I have work till 6pm... but we've been invited out this evening for drinks, so back-depending, we may be out later... Food today will probably be some of the local bacon we sourced yesterday for lunch, with a lovely locally sourced steak for dinner :) piled up with lots of veggies... and fruit to snack on in between!

I'm not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow morning, as I don't feel like I've done very well this week... think I may gain weight... But I guess I'll find out in the morning, not much point worrying about it now!