• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LadyWitch

LadyWitch - The Saga Continues

Ooooh my other half loves HeroQuest. I brought him a copy of Space Hulk for his birthday too! :D The whole thing is a little beyond me, but sounds like fun!

City gyms are the best. We have quite a few in Reading and near London, they're not used nearly as much as they should be. I can't believe how organised you are with your baking and preparing for the upcoming days by making stuff, definately a lesson I can take from you.

Sounds like you're doing pretty well all told; the occasional slip ups are to be expected. Is the switch to this kind of eating as difficult as you thought it'd be?

I'm more of a fantasy nerd than sci-fi so Space Hulk isn't my favourite game, but I'd still play it!

As for being organised, I'm not normally! I'm just trying to plan ahead for gaming fridays, as they're notorious for ruining even the easiest diet :P

Strangely, the initial switch to Paleo was easy... I had about three-four weeks with no problems at all. I then had severe carb cravings for a week, which I thought would be the hardest part... but now, 2 months in, I'm actually really struggling to not give in to carbs... I'm finding myself saying 'a little bit of X wont hurt' or with things like dairy, going 'I know its not really Paleo, but...' I think I'm going to have to sit myself down tomorrow and give myself a talking to! I think part of it is boredom, as I'm getting sick of having the same things everyday - although we are getting far more adventurous with our cooking, I still end up having salad a lot, and hard boiled eggs, which although good for my health, aren't really 'soul food'...

I'm also struggling with the 'no diet coke' thing. Mostly due to the fact that I'm getting bored of water, so started to have things like elderflower squash, coconut milk, and tea... and when out at pubs I'm now drinking lemonade and lime, which is probably worse than my normal diet coke :P

Oh well, will refocus and start again... think I need to get around to doing a motivation board, to give me something to focus on. I'd just have to hide it from the fiancee, as I want to put my wedding dress smack bang in the middle of it (and obviously, he's not allowed to see that!)

Throw some fruit in your water and you can have flavored vitamin water for cheap. Let me see what I've got, actually. Do you have facebook? Because I have a group that I follow that might help with some of this. They post a little bit of everything. :)

Can you spice up the eggs and make deviled eggs? There has to be something that can replace mayo.

Motivation book then, and you can add things as they inspire you. I don't know if you have them but I've found these amazing books, they are called Smash books.

Sorry to hear about your carb cravings, I had the same thing when I first tried primal out last year, it was easy at first but then eventually I gave in to carbs more and more. Then I have been primal-ish this last year and I still indulged quite a lot, it can be tough, you seem to be doing really well though and having fun a long the way!

Sounds like you had an awesome adventure that day and I think it was very right for you to enjoy every moment of it. Do you like soda water and lime cordial for something to have at the pub? Probably a lot less sugar than the lemonade and very refreshing. 

I did what Arilian suggested at a party last night, I took a lemon and a lime and squeezed them into some sparkling water, it looked like I was drinking a G&T or something so helped me feel less awkward and it was pretty good!

I've never actually had soda water I don't think, but I'll give it a try next time I'm out :) but yes I'm on facebook (who isn't these days?!)

So, first weeks update...

1/ Eat 85% Paleo - Didn't manage 85% last week, think it was probably more like 70%, so I'll grade myself a C for that

2/ BBW x3 - I actually only managed 2 sessions, but I then did a day of tree climbing etc, so I'm counting that as a work out (God knows I can still feel it!) , so I'm going to give myself an A for this.

3/ Do one 'sprint' session - complete and utter fail! With my ankle playing up, and then burning my foot, I never had chance to do this, and tbh, I think I may need to put any form of sprinting on hold until my ankle is healed (which may be beyond the end of this challenge) So, I'll rethink this goal and come up with something else.

4/ Make shineys - Well... I did do some work on a bolero I'm making for myself, so that's something at least, but I didn't do as much as I wanted. Think I'll probably give myself a C in this.

Weight has stayed the same. Which is frustrating, but at least I didn't gain anything this week, which is what I expected. I'll have to refocus and get my head back in the game - to that end I started today with a meditation session, and I'm going to the shop later to stock back up on fruit and veg. I also have a double burlesque class tonight, so that gives me some exercise for the day, as well as something fun to look forward to! My shifts this week are down, so I have plenty of time to focus on me, my diet and my exercise levels (although, with my ankle I'll probably have to stick to walking lots) and will also make two shineys to make up for last weeks fail. It's my dad's 65th birthday next Monday, so we're having a family party on Sunday - this means sandwiches, cakes, and other unhealthy options. I'm planning on stopping at the shops on my way over to get myself some Paleo options, and I'll bake some of Arilian's zuccini brownies to take with me. Sunday is also the first meeting between my parents and K's, so both stressful and intriguing (will they get on, will they be friends, will they hate each others guts...)

Right, that's todays update done for now... time to make the rounds of everyone else's and see how they're doing! 

That's actually a pretty good 1st week, I think... :)

And sorry for being late to the party but getting married?!?!?!?!?!! Congratulations!!! :mushroom::redface-new::redface::playful:

Go hard in week 2 and harder the next...you WILL get that proportion you want by D-Day!! All the best!

Well done with your workout goals especially, with your sore ankle, I can relate to that one! You are doing great in everything else as well and I know you will kick ass in week 2 as well. Hope you are not to upset about the numbers on the scale, it might take a few weeks for notable change and also account for building muscle mass with all that BBW!

I am really jealous of the tree climbing I've hardly climbed any trees in my whole life, hoping to change that though when I eventually get back to working towards my first pull up. It is really cool you do the burlesque stuff, it sounds really fun! Have fun at you Dad's party!

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I think I'm still in the mindset that the scales are the important thing, so when the numbers don't go down I get huffy :P

https://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfCraftyWitches?ref=stream Check them out, of course they do more than reciepes but you've attended a Beltane festival, I doubt there's much on there that would surprise you.  ;)

You have lots going on this week, good luck with it all, and just remember we are here if you need.

Thanks for that Arilian! I had already discovered them, and you're right it is a great group and very little they post surprises me :)

Hmmmmm really need to get my ass into gear and do some exercise... Other than my dance class on Monday, I've not done any yet this week because my foot has been playing up (and the blister from last weeks burn got ripped off last night, so its now hurting more than ever) but despite the whole 80/20 theory my weight loss seems to stall when my exercise levels drop. Will see if I can get shoes on, and go for a walk later... and then maybe do some dance practice or BBW this evening.

Food wise - seems to be going well, but something is a bit off and I think its the cheese content... so as of today I'm cutting it out again. And I'm back to drinking plain water (although I did pick up some limes for flavouring) rather than any of the other crap I'd started drinking 'instead of coke'. I'm determined to break through this plateaux, just need a way to jump start it, so I've also decided that I'm going to stop IF (although I'd never made the decision to start it in the first place, it just happened) having read an article yesterday that said it may not be good for women. So I'll see if any of that makes a difference - if I don't loose any weight this week, I'll have to think of something else!

I do have a lot of carbs craving and I am still lost of what to do!

On the "no diet coke", you could try drinking more natural juice or smoothies. I don't know if you have access to fruits to make them and how it would affected you other goals, but it does help me a lot when I can consider something else other than water to drink.

Yeah, I have heard good and bad for women on the IF.   I was tempted to try it this challenge, but went with doing the Whole 30 instead.

I watched an Episode of Futurama yesterday in which Leela gets everyone to eat everything from fresh. They had 'free-range zucchinis' and it made me think of this thread :D

Literally hearing about your blister made my toes curl. Cultural, personal change takes time, and don't worry about switching diet coke for something else (woops!) it's the switching that's important.

True story: This week I've switched diet coke for - get this - full fat coke. Woops. Actually... I see it as a positive. It was diet coke I was addicted to, and I'm no where *near* as addicted to the full-fat stuff as I am the diet. I figure switching it for something- so long as that doesn't become a permenant replacement - is a good thing!.

... Then again, I'm a proper 'cup half full' kinda gal! :D

Yeah those diet drinks are really addictive. I used to drink quite a few and eventually managed to give them up, these days if I am going to have it I will have full fat because it is easier for me to stop with it because it is so sugary.

I'm not doing to well at all atm. Yesterday was not a bad day, but I did have chicken nuggets for my dinner, followed by choc chip cookies and a can if coke :P but I'd decided I was going to get my ass into gear when I got up this morning and get some exercise done... And before going to bed I did 4 of the 5 task of the mini quest...

Then this morning happened. My burn is now infected and my entire foot is throbbing. What's more, my doctors can't see me until NEXT Friday. It's getting hourly applications of salt water (which stings like crazy) but will hopefully prevent me from having to go to the local NHS Walk in centre.

However, I've been making shineys! Steampunk broaches :) what do you think?post-17503-13759679129815_thumb.jpg

Hope you can get your foot seen to soon, a couple of months ago I spilled a pint of boiling water down my thigh, but it started to blister and ended up in A&E and they can be such a pain! Don't be afraid to take Ibuprofen and paracetamol for the pain, they have came codine and ibuprofen at the hospital for my burn. They will probabably give it a dressing or something I hope which may help then you can get it sorted soon!

Well I went to the walk in centre, and it's not infected, in fact it's apparently healing well! They cleaned it and dressed it and I'm to leave it alone for a couple of days... Fingers crossed it'll stop hurting so much now. Also, on my way there bumped into a friend I hadn't seen in a while and he's lent me his exercise bike so I can still do some form of exercise! Isn't that nice of him? (Especially as he carried it from his house to mine, on his shoulder!) I now have no excuses left for not getting my ass back into gear. We go away in a week, so I have that long to get my head back in the game and my butt moving...

Oh man I hope your foot starts feeling better soon.  I don't follow the steampunk stuff too much, but I think those broaches are pretty bad ass!  Very cool stuff.

Your blister sounds like it sucks! Get well soon! To the contrary your broaches rock! Do you sell them or anything?

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I'm hoping to start selling them soon, but need to build up a stock first :) which is part of why I'm trying to get into a habit of making stuff when I have a spare half hour...

Not used the bike yet... Still trying to work out how to use the pedals without putting pressure on the burn as it has the 'over the foot straps' but I'm going to give it a go this morning...