• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LadyWitch

LadyWitch - The Saga Continues

Welcome back! Sounds awesome I love a bit of outdoors and hard work. Also being able to disconnect from everyday life is great. I like going camping for that very reason, I love getting to a place and switching my phone off for a night or two! Sounds like you did some really cool activities I am jealous! I haven't been camping anywhere for nearly a year, we Beltaners are a bit mad and think camping at the end of October is a great idea!

It sounds like you did well even though you had no control over what food you'd be getting, sorry to hear about the pasta incident that sucks. I haven't had pasta in months either, I don't know how it would effect me now. I do like a carbonara once in a while. 

Anyway glad you are back and ready to recommit! Hurrah!

Goals to achieve this:

1/ Continue to eat 85% Paleo each week.

2/ Perform BBW 3 times a week - aim is to be able to do a full pull-up by the end of the challenge.

3/ Do one 'Sprint' session each week.

Right, so update time:

1/ Didn't really manage to stick to Paleo, as I had no say over what was being cooked. So I've had bread, pasta and cake (although they've all been gluten free). So I'll probably grade myself a D on this.

2/ Although I didn't do the BBW at all this week, I have been doing a LOT of heavy lifting - Moving planks of wood from one side of the site to another, lugging felled trees, sawing etc. I'm going to go ahead and give myself an A for this, as every muscle in my body (including some I didn't know exist) ache.

3/ Hmmmm, not sure about this... I did a lot of exercise, and there were definite bursts of high intensity stuff... Think I'll err on the side of caution and give myself a C.

Life quest - make shineys... Well, I didn't make anything that was actually shiney, but I did weave baskets, and make 2 ceramic bowls and a cup (although I still don't know if they've survived the firing process...) So I've definitely used my 'creative muscles' this week! A+ I think!

Overall I'm fairly happy. I worked hard, played hard, and managed to loose over 2lb despite the crappy diet... I'll do my 'official' weigh in tomorrow morning.

Today, my OH is away at a reenactment show (that I didn't have the energy to go to) so I'm fending for myself... As such, I'll be heading to the shops in a little while to restock the fridge, as after a week away its completely empty. I've also invited a couple of friends over for dinner (they invited me to theirs, but I figure if they come to me, I can control what we eat). We're in the process of choreographing a belly dance duet, so will probably work on that later too. I've already done a BBW session, and I want to do some choreo on my solo (it's less than 8 weeks till the show now, so I need to get my ass into gear!)

Good luck for the coming week folks! (only 2 more to go!!!)

Yeah good idea on insisting they come over to you, What do you think you will make?

Glad you had an enjoyable week it sounds like a lot of fun, I am pretty jealous! Glad you managed to lose some weight like you wanted! I can measure myself on Wednesday I am quite excited about that!

I think your hard work while you where out thee definitely counts higher especially if you topped it off with a BBW! Good luck with getting your belly dance show together that sounds awesome! I am really impressed with all your dance type activities, I don't really have many hobbies at the moment, maybe part of my next challenge is to try out some new things. Jeez, I can't believe next Challenge is in like 3 weeks :/ 

Dinner was chicken breast wrapped in bacon, with sweet potato, onion, pepper and cherry tomatoes fried together in a pan... It was lovely!

As for the official weigh in... 169lb. Which means I lost 3 1/2lb in the last two weeks. That's a far better result than I was expecting, and makes up a bit for the crappy start to the challenge.

With two weeks left, I hope to loose another 4lb, which would then put me at my lightest in living memory (or at least, in my memory, which can be a bit shoddy at times!)

Today I plan on starting work on my costume for the solo (I did most of the choreo yesterday, but can't really finalise it till I've sorted the costume), go for a walk, and do a sprint session on the exercise bike. Breakfast was a large bowl of strawberries, lunch will be left over chicken from last night with a salad, and dinner is duck legs with butternut squash. So today is all planned out and organised! Only annoyance about today is that it's a bank holiday, so my burlesque class isn't on :( BUT because its so close to the show, we're having it tomorrow night instead :) (does mean I have to miss archery this week, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for my dancing!)

That meal sounds amazing! Bacon and chicken are amazing together and the veggies sounds so good as well. There might still be time for me to get a train to Nottingham ;)

Hope you achieve that 4lb that you want off! I am sure you can power through these next 2 week and achieve it. That is exciting that you are nearly down to a weight which you don't remember seeing on the scales. I haven't weighed myself in a while but I don't ever remember being under 11 Stone 5. Good luck with the rest of the week!

The lightest I ever remember being is 11st 11lb, so I'm really looking forward to getting below that!

Yesterday went well, did some sewing (I'm making my costume for the solo burlesque routine I'm choreographing), went for a walk with a couple of friends, and then had roasted duck with carrots, parsnips and asparagus wrapped in bacon for dinner (things wrapped in bacon seem to be a theme!)

Today has been a bit erratic, mostly because I had to pop to a friends to pick up a big bag of leather scraps and it took me longer than anticipated to get there... My own fault, I didn't check the bus route and got off at the bus station, only to discover that I could've stayed on the bus and gotten off it practically on his doorstep :P instead I got an unexpected 2 mile walk in! But it meant that my lunch plans had to change on the fly, as I needed to get home in time for a shift... Oh well... Dinner will be a 'throw everything in a pan and see what happens' meal, followed by a two hour burlesque class.

Work starts late tomorrow, so I may get up early and go to the local farm shop... stock up on local fruit/veg/meat :) but it'll depend on how I'm feeling in the morning!

Yesterday was a bit of a weird day really... I had a bout of travel sickness on a 20 minute bus ride, followed by a blinding headache for an hour or so. Then I spent the entire evening at my burlesque class bouncing off the walls with an abundance of energy (which then made it ridiculously hard to sleep!) not quite sure what that was all about, but I'd quite like the energy to continue in a slightly more manageable way...

Needless to say, after barely sleeping, I'm finding this morning a bit hard going. I'd planned on doing a BBW session and a walk before a trip to the shops, but I'm struggling to even get my ass out of bed... I have until 1pm before I start work, so have no excuses for not getting SOMETHING done this morning, if only I can escape the Duvet Monster! Wish me luck?!

The Duvet Monster is a persistent beast... But I beat it in the end! Had time to walk to town to do the food shopping, and I've just had a very nice ham, avocado and egg salad (first time I've used avocado at home!)

Will endeavour to do the BBW this afternoon between shifts, and I want to practice my solo again (I want to try any run through it once or twice a day, so that it's ingrained in my muscle memory- that way I'm less likely to forget what I'm doing when faced with stage fright)

So I did the BBW session, but not the solo practice I wanted to do... my energy levels just didn't stretch far enough yesterday... I did however practice my 'Cleopatra' makeup (which as I very rarely wear makeup is something to be proud of!)

Today is going to be a busy one... I have 5 hours of work (which is still low on hours atm) followed by an hour where we've hired the dance studio to practice our belly dance duet, then I have an actual belly dance class for an hour... that's not including the hour spent walking there and back (think it's safe to say I'm going to be getting my exercise today!) Food for today will be various fruit for breakfast, pork chop and steamed veg for lunch, and some of the salad from lunch yesterday for dinner, that I can stick in a tub and take to dancing with me (There's about an hours gap between our rehearsal time and class, which is long enough to safely eat, but not long enough to get home again!) Having slept well for a change, I'm hoping for a high energy day like I had on Tuesday! Fingers Crossed!

Made it through the two hours of belly dancing, but man am I feeling it today! Think today may have to be a rest day, as I'm not sure I have the energy for anything else! Which means I'll work on the various sewing projects I have on the go, or planned... Not sure what I'll be having for lunch or dinner yet, but it's gaming night so it'll be something quick and easy (and paleo!)

Onwards to work :P

I'm so jelly of your belly dancing. I'd love to do it, but I'd be more jiggle than sexy wiggle! How long you been doing it for? Any tips for a self-conscious newbie?

Sounds like you are doing well! Glad your week 5 is easier than last challenge! Good job on keeping busy with dancing and sewing and still keeping paleo!

I'm so jelly of your belly dancing. I'd love to do it, but I'd be more jiggle than sexy wiggle! How long you been doing it for? Any tips for a self-conscious newbie?

Belly dancing is easier if you have a belly to shake! Especially when you're learning, as it gives you more bang for your buck ;) but I'd definitely recommend it! It's a brilliant workout and tones all of your core muscles...

So it was gaming last night , and I couldn't resist a jam doughnut, even though I knew it would give me stomach ache... But damn it was good! Unfortunately there were some left this morning, so one was had for breakfast too :P

The rest of today hasn't been so good either for the diet... We went to the cheese shop in town, and lots of bad things were bought (and then consumed for lunch). Not sure what will be for dinner, but it's gonna be healthy if it kills me!

I did however do 110 squats (2 sets of 35 and 1 of 40) and a two hour walk to burn some of the crap off!

Doughnuts are definitely one of the banes of my diet! But thankfully I'm not exposed to them to often :)

Dinner last night was Chicken in a red pepper and tomato sauce, served with roasted butternut squash... yum! Also had a try of a chocolate tea, which was strangely nice too!

Today's plan has changed... I was originally supposed to be going combat training this afternoon, but I cut my hand on a broken plate on Friday, and now can't hold my spear :( So, instead, I'm going to take a trip to the local craft shop, and buy stuff for wedding invitations... and possible make some! (I may also try and do some sewing, as I really want to get this outfit that I'm working on finished!)

I'll do my week update tomorrow, when I weigh in :) but I'm feeling pretty good about it... feel like I'm back on track after my shaky start for this challenge... I'm now trying to decide if I want to switch guilds for the next challenge, as I'm started to get a little stuck in a rut when it comes to pushing myself on the strength training and exercise front (although I'm going to be doing four hours of dance each week for the next month or so... which should help keep me on track!)

Oh my god! The size 14 jeans that I couldn't get into a month ago can now be pulled down without undoing them! *happy dance*

Awesome!  Well done!