• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LadyWitch

LadyWitch - The Saga Continues

Week 5 update:

Lost 2lb, so I've just crept in under the 12 stone mark! I can now wiggle out of my size 14 jeans without undoing them, and completed my burlesque solo choreography! Think that makes it a productive week :)

Eat Paleo- had a few hiccups this week, mostly doughnut related, but overall I've done rather well. I do think I'm starting to slip just a little at keeping it at the front of my thoughts, which makes it easier to justify having non-paleo items. And I know for a fact that wheat based products will give me stomach cramps, but I still tell myself 'it's worth it' when in reality nothing is worth making yourself ill... So, although I hit the suggested 80/20 mark, I'm going to grade myself a B... I can do better!

BBW session- these have been a little less regular than I'd like, but I have been doing them. So another B I think...

Sprint session- not happened. Just ran out of time and energy. However, I did do four hours of dance last week rather than the normal two, so I'm going to give myself a C for effort!

Make shineys- I've been working on an outfit for a big Steampunk weekend coming up, and I've finished the bolero, and started work on the skirt. I'm going to give myself an A for this :)

Still got a long way to go, but I've lost just under a stone since joining NF (1lb off!) so that is my goal for this week... Loose a minimum of 1lb so that I can say I've lost a stone... Of course more than 1lb would blow it out of the water, and 3lb would put me at my lightest ever! Have double dance classes again this week, and plenty of time for walking/BBW sessions, so I just need to focus on my diet and refuse any non-paleo foods this week! It is doable, and I WILL do it!

Broke my breakfast trend this morning... I normally have fruit, but I've been reading the Whole30 book in prep for doing it during the next challenge, and they say to avoid fruit... So breakfast was a mackerel and tomato omelette. It was yum!

Off out for an extra belly dance session in a mo, but not sure how well it'll go as my back has been playing up all week... But I have an appointment with the chiropractor tomorrow, so fingers crossed I can get through today!

Big news... I managed an actual chin up this morning! It wasn't very pretty, and it was all alone, but one is a far improvement over none! Now to build on it ;)

Really struggling with my energy levels today... Don't want to go belly dancing later, but know I'll regret not going... Wish my energy would level out, I go from have too much one day to barely any the next, which I assume is diet related, and the main reason I'm going to try the Whole30 in the next challenge. In the mean time I'm fighting to have the energy to exercise, and struggling to make good food choices :P if it want for the fact that we're away next weekend I'd start the Whole30 tomorrow, but it won't be feasible while we're away, although I will be as paleo as possible... Oh well, roll on the next challenge! (I know, we haven't even finished this one and I'm keen to get the next started!)

That is cool you want to try Whole 30, I think it was worth it and will probably do it again but I am going to give it a break for now and think about what I really want from the challenges! Glad you had a good week 5.

It's cool seeing more people trying out the Whole 30.  I think it is pretty good.  

Hope those energy levels get back up and you have fun at belly dancing :)

I didn't go belly dancing in the end, as my back was playing up after my chiropractors appointment... And yes I regret not going, but not as much as I'd regret putting my back out majorly!

I skipped breakfast today, partly because I wasn't hungry, and partly because I've made a few crap food choices over the last couple of days, and felt the need to kick myself back into gear. But I have just had a lovely bowl of scrambled eggs, salmon, peppers and tomatoes, which was lovely, and its homemade chicken curry for dinner tonight (I'll have mine with riced cauliflower rather than rice) and as its gaming night, I have to run the gauntlet of 'gaming food'... Which is how I succumbed to a doughnut last week. Although, I think it is getting easier to say 'no' to crap food, because I know it'll make me feel crap after I've eaten it... (Still slip up though, like a mouthful of my fiancées chocolate cake last night, that gave me cramps right through till bed time)

Also need to get my ass back I to gear with the exercise... Because my backs been playing up this week, I've not done the BBW workouts I normally do, and nowhere near as much walking... Will try and do extra today and tomorrow to make up for it, as I really don't think I'm going to hit my final weight loss target for this challenge...

So I did my BBW session yesterday, and a short walk, so that was something at least! Dinner was a very nice chicken curry, with riced cauliflower for me, followed by a small slice of paleo coconut cake and strawberries.

Not got any real plans for today, other then a quick trip into town this morning... Will see where the day takes us after that (it will at least involve lots of walking if I have any say in the matter!)

Wiggling out of jeans is the best feeling. Wiggling out of anything that never used to fit is awesome. I seriously admire the paleo you've been rocking this challenge (bar doughnuts, but 'eh' - life's too short).

Hmm chicken curry sounds excellent right now.  I might have to try to find a recipe I can adapt :)  Hopefully, your back is feeling better today.

My chicken curry was really easy - onions, garlic, chicken, curry powder, paprika, cumin, and coconut milk. Yum!

Well today was kinda a success... We found a couple of new eateries that cater for 'fussy' eaters, and walked to/from town twice (about a mile each way, so a total of about four miles walked) but I still don't think that burnt off desert!

Oh well, tomorrow is another day (and the last of the challenge) so will be as good as possible. Does anyone know if it's a one or two week gap before the next challenge starts?

Ok, starting stats:

Weight: 170.5lb

Bust: 38.5 (98cm)

Chest: 32 (81cm)

Waist: 32 (81cm)

Hips: 44 (112cm)

Thigh: 26.5 (68.5cm)

Ending stats:

Weight: 167lb

Bust: 38 (97cm)

Chest: 32 (81cm)

Waist: 31 (79cm)

Hips: 42 (107cm)

Thigh: 24.5 (63cm)

So that's 3 1/2lb lost, an inch off my waist and two off my hips and thighs... Not bad, although not as good as I'd hoped on the weight loss front, but as I gained 2 1/2lb in the first couple of weeks of this challenge you could say I've lost 6lb in total :P

Anyway, goals:

1/ Eat Paleo 85%: I've had ups and downs on this over the last six weeks. A holiday away where I wasn't in control of food meant I had gluten free bread and pasta, and I also had rice one night. There's been the odd doughnut incident, and maybe an alcoholic beverage as well. But, for the most part I stuck to primal, if not paleo. I'm going to score myself a C for this, didn't do terribly, but definitely room for improvement.

2/ BBW x 3 a week: although I've not been as consistent with this as in the previous challenge, when I have missed a session I've found something else to replace it with. I've double the number of push ups I can do, and managed my first ever chin up! I'm going to give myself an B as I feel I could've worked harder.

3/ One sprint session a week: complete fail. Due to the increase in the amount of dancing I've been doing, I've not had the energy for running, and my backs been playing up on and off too. But, I HAVE been doing more dancing, that alternates standing still with quick intense movements, so that's kinda sprint like... Will give myself a D for this, as at least I did something, even if it wasn't what I originally planned.

Life Quest: make one 'shiney' a week:

Hmmm let's see, I've made four Steampunk broaches, two baskets, a cup, two bowls, a bolero, a skirt, and multiple 'clip-things' for skirt and bolero as well. Think it's safe to say I've passed this with flying colours! A+ to me! I am glad I had this as a challenge though, as its made me actually sit down and DO something with my spare time. I had plenty of other spare time that I could've used, but I'm trying to find a balance between craft, exercise, and me time.

Overall I think I've coped well with 'real world' intrusions this time. I've done the best I could in the situations I found myself in, and have learnt to plan around my paleo lifestyle somewhat. There's still a long way to go on my journey, two more stone to loose, and I still haven't managed that first pull-up, but I've taken steps in the right direction.

Next challenge I'm going to start with the Whole30. Already warned my fiancé that I'll be going uber strict, so now it's just a matter of starting it. This weekend we're in Lincoln for a big Steampunk gathering, so not sure how well I'll be able to stick to paleo, but I'm going to give it a damn good try! We don't get home until Monday afternoon, so my first post/weigh in will probably be on the Tuesday, but Whole30 is starting Monday! Will just have to be careful with my breakfast and lunch choices on the way home.

Think I'm also going to have to make wedding stuff a priority, so maybe the next life quest :P less than five months to go now, and I still haven't sent out any invitations!

Oh well, this challenge was a success, which means two successful ones under my belt! Go me!

Before:

ugemurar.jpg

After:

hu3urasa.jpg

Good going on your challenge LW!  I'm currently on day 8 of Whole30 and if i can give you any advice, it's that you should plan for any eventuality (I have snacks packed into *ALL* of my bags and drawers and meals planned for days).  Good luck and let me know how it goes :)

Well done Ladywitch! It always seemed like you were busy doing something awesome and active and you've got a really positive challenge. Glad to hear about you doubling your push ups, that is an amazing job. Glad we are in the same team it has been really cool to follow a long with you on here!

Great job!  Good luck with the Whole 30 next time.  Like Blaidd said, preparation is the key I think to it.  Plenty of people on here that did the Whole 30, or are starting it.

Congrats! And well done for posting a picture (seperate note: you look *so* similar to one of my good friends!)

You must be dead chuffed with the differences; your face looks like it's started to transform in the past 6 weeks!

I'm also genuinely impressed with your ability to cope with real world spanners. Despite all you've come across, you've coped pretty well - and lest we forget, challenge or not - this is the real world! You should be proud of the fact you've managed to survive sticking pretty close to what you planned during the tough situations.

We should be Whole30 buddies!

We should be Whole30 buddies!

Definitely! It's always good to have someone you can moan at who understands exactly what you're on about and why that 'one dash of milk in your tea' or the 'single bite of chocolate' is a no go!

Thanks to everyone who supported me in this challenge, think its safe to say I wouldn't have done nearly as well if I'd done it alone!

Think I may move to the Rangers for the next challenge, but there are cross-guild groups, so there's no reason we can't continue to adventure together!

And just to drive home the fact that I can't eat wheat anymore, I made the mistake of using a curry paste that had some kind of wheat based additive tonight... Severe stomach cramps, mild temperature and pounding headache tell me it wasn't worth it.

This is the worst reaction I've ever had, and it's safe to say I never want to feel like this again!