I tried C25K. It broke me. Specifically, something in my knee went *pop*... It didn't hurt, just felt a little strange. Next thing I knew, I spent three weeks limping on a swollen knee. It still never really hurt. So weird. With the last challenge, both knees and ankles decided to start swelling. And hurting. So now I'm slightly afraid of running again.

I totally know what you mean about the afraid of running bit. Several years ago I sprained my ankle really bad and ended up having to get compartment release surgery on both my legs. I was so afraid to run after that due to having all the surgery revert back. It took me a long time to be okay with running again. So no worries, you will just have really awesome courage when you overcome that challenge :)

Katara Ravenot

Level 3 Tiefling Ranger

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 6|CHA 4

Challenge #2

Challenge #1 

75%
75%

Half Marathon Training 9.75/13.1 miles

60%
60%

Deadlift: 120/200 lbs

“Rocks in my path? I keep them all. With them I shall build my castle.†― Nemo Nox 

Hey, if you want, I can give you the information for the LARP. We have multiple chapters with more starting up all the time. You too could kill zombies once a month and utilize the hiking/combat/etc to help further fitness goals.

OMG yes!! I would totally love some LARP info! I am in Minnesota if that helps you out!

Katara Ravenot

Level 3 Tiefling Ranger

Challenge #2

Challenge #1 

75%
75%

60%
60%

“Rocks in my path? I keep them all. With them I shall build my castle.†― Nemo Nox 

www.dystopiarisinglarp.com

We currently have chapters in New Jersey, Massachusets, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Florida. We are opening chapters in California and Washington. We do not have them everywhere yet, but four of these chapters are all in the past year. So if we don't have one near you yet... We will most likely have one soon. :)

Hey guys, this will be my first challenge, and if you don't mind, I'd love to join you! I'm a big fan of the Zombies, Run! app as well -- I'm currently midway through Season 2. I'll be doing a lot of cardio this challenge with some strength mixed in, and hopefully will add in some combat/fighting stuff in my second challenge. Gotta be able to outrun AND fight off the zoms :)

Shorn - Level 1 Shadar-Kai

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 2 WIS - 2 CHA - 2 

Current Challenge: N/A  

Daily Battle Log

--------------------------------

"You're faster than this -- don't think you are, know you are." ~Morpheus, The Matrix

Gary was here! Ash is a loser!

Hi Krebsicle!

Happy to see another newbie! I am going to be chilling with you on the second challenge! I hope to get some combat and fighting moves in on the next one! 

Katara Ravenot

Level 3 Tiefling Ranger

Challenge #2

Challenge #1 

75%
75%

60%
60%

Hey, Krebsicle! Welcome to the group. Be sure to add your name to the spreadsheet.

We've got 3 people signed up who haven't posted in here yet, I think. archeryassassin, Mrgso, and Cassywhompus. Anyone know these folks? I don't want to fill up with people who aren't participating.

DefiantlyLiterate

Slaying life dragons daily

Ranger, Level 2

STR 4.5 | DEX 4 | STA 2 | CON 6 | WIS 6.25 | CHA 3.5

Team #ZAP | #ZAP FacebookTwitter

Current Challenge

1st | 2nd

pfew, I'm amazed at how you people go over distances.  Europe is like the size of one of your states, yet we consider travelling to another country to be a big task.  You are talking about a state as it is, "right around the corner"

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

pfew, I'm amazed at how you people go over distances.  Europe is like the size of one of your states, yet we consider travelling to another country to be a big task.  You are talking about a state as it is, "right around the corner"

Hehe... Here's some fun perspective: I moved from NJ to north Florida (traveling in 8 states, total) in roundabout a 13-hr drive. Then I took a trip from north Florida to the end of Florida (Key West) in a 9-hr drive.

DefiantlyLiterate

Ranger, Level 2

Current Challenge

1st | 2nd

Lol, I travel from state to state without thinking twice. I go to LARPs not in my own state. My family don't live in my state. *shrugs* I never really thought much of it. Heck, when I went to the UK I sorta treated it the same way. "Let's go to this part of the UK today! Different country, but should be fun." I guess it's just the way we grow up.

Though, I will say, Europe is absolutely beautiful.

Lol, I travel from state to state without thinking twice. I go to LARPs not in my own state. My family don't live in my state. *shrugs* I never really thought much of it. Heck, when I went to the UK I sorta treated it the same way. "Let's go to this part of the UK today! Different country, but should be fun." I guess it's just the way we grow up.

Though, I will say, Europe is absolutely beautiful.

I totally have to agree with the my family don't live in my state. When I originally left for college, I moved 280 miles in a different direction. Now I live about 5.5 hours away from my closest family member and some are even farther than that! I also have to agree with Europe being awesome and beautiful! I lived in Scotland for about two months and I loved being able to take the trains to different parts of the UK. Trains rock!... and I wish we had more around the US.

Katara Ravenot

Level 3 Tiefling Ranger

Challenge #2

Challenge #1 

75%
75%

60%
60%

nope, dont know em.  But they cant have subscribed more then a few hours.  I was totally slacking at work, spending more work on NF-boards then my script-editor..  so they can't be far...

Then again.. if the 'z' are stalking them..  that's buying us time....     nah, i wasnt thinking that .. /whistle

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

Jon Kabat-Zinn

Napoleon Hill

nope, dont know em.  But they cant have subscribed more then a few hours.  I was totally slacking at work, spending more work on NF-boards then my script-editor..  so they can't be far...

Then again.. if the 'z' are stalking them..  that's buying us time....     nah, i wasnt thinking that .. /whistle

Hahahaha. I understand the desire to hang out here. I got my challenge goals written up and posted today, huzzah. 

No sacrificing newbs to the Z before the challenge even starts. Unless of course, they don't start. :D

DefiantlyLiterate

Ranger, Level 2

Current Challenge

1st | 2nd

You don't have to be fast, just faster than other people. :)

Lag a'mhuilin
It's the name origin for Lagavulin, which is Ron Swanson's and my favorite scotch.
It means 'hollow by the mill,' which in my mind is a metaphor for my fitness training and education.

I sent a subscription for the FB group :)

BTW, I won't sign for ZAP in the excel chart, so I don't take spots for potential newcomers, pretty much like Nusuth did.

Got your request. :) We're full up now. Still waiting on the 3 to come join the conversation, though.

DefiantlyLiterate

Ranger, Level 2

Current Challenge

1st | 2nd

Hi Krebsicle!

Happy to see another newbie! I am going to be chilling with you on the second challenge! I hope to get some combat and fighting moves in on the next one! 

Yay! I'm excited for this challenge to start (1 day left!)... gearing up for lots of running and pull-up training. What're you thinking of doing for combat/fighting stuff? I'm hoping to do kickboxing because that's the main combat/fighting class available near me, but I'd love to eventually get into some MMA-type stuff eventually.

One more day before the start of the Challenge, let's get psyched!

hahaha, yes good

Also, sent a request to the FB group!

Shorn - Level 1 Shadar-Kai

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 2 WIS - 2 CHA - 2 

Current Challenge: N/A  

Daily Battle Log

--------------------------------

"You're faster than this -- don't think you are, know you are." ~Morpheus, The Matrix

Gary was here! Ash is a loser!

Hey traabit, combat buddy o' mine, I spotted this on the interwebs yesterday:

http://youtu.be/_RyXUoMPb5E

And I've discovered there's a school about 60 miles from here that teaches this. I am sooooo dying to call them. Please, please, teach me your ways of badassery.

**How the heck do I get the video to show in frame, guys?**

DefiantlyLiterate

Ranger, Level 2

Current Challenge

1st | 2nd

**How the heck do I get the video to show in frame, guys?**

For me, it seems to just work automaticly.  but I read a description stating for embedded movie : click on 3th icon of the left front row 'speciall bb code'.   then in the dropdown box, select 'media' , then just drop your url in the big last box.   

very intuitive ^^  ,

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

Jon Kabat-Zinn

Napoleon Hill

For me, it seems to just work automaticly.  but I read a description stating for embedded movie : click on 3th icon of the left front row 'speciall bb code'.   then in the dropdown box, select 'media' , then just drop your url in the big last box.   

very intuitive ^^  ,

Growl, snarl. Something's off.

DefiantlyLiterate

Ranger, Level 2

Current Challenge

1st | 2nd

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines