Grizzy Runs from Zombies for Abel Township

Grizzy

Hey Grizzy!

So for the boredom. Why don't you try to figure out what you tend to do a lot online and try to find a productive real life substitute. So if you're on social media a lot maybe call a friend you haven't talked to in a while. Usually reading random articles on things? Library full of books! 

My two cents.

Huh, that is a really good point. I'll try that!

Good luck

Also, I love reading your updates Grizzy! You are doing a great job!

Thanks guys!

I truly admire your running goal. I have a love hate relationship with running. I really wanna love it but i hate it. and it hates me back. no internet goal seems rather hard too. I wish you good luck in all your goals.

I hated it for a long time until I realized I had to ease into it rather than trying to run a mile the first day. And still hated it the first few weeks I was doing c25k. And then things just got easier somehow.

Hehe, I'm glad it's not a NO internet goal, just a LESS internet goal. I would die and you would never see me. :P

Ugh, I completely blew my internet time today. My timer had a feature that I didn't realize was causing the timer NOT to run when it should have been, and I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. Plus, this is my first day home the whole day since the challenge started, and more time home tends to mean more time wanting to be on the internetz. :P

That's one strike in the first week. BUT, I'm gonna give myself a break on it if I only use one hour a day instead of two for the next three days. Sound fair to everyone?

I went for my run today, despite REALLY not wanting to, and I'm glad I did. I did the 4.43K in 36:39, a pace of 8:16 min/km. That's a minute and fifty seconds faster than last time and nearly the same pace as Sunday's 4K run. Yay me!

I did my stretching after my run, and I'm almost done with my fourth bottle of water. So other than the internet thing, I'm doing pretty well.

I stretched a lot, but don't feel like I have the right stretch for that part of the muscle that was sore.

Do a regular calf stretch...the kind where you lean on a wall and stretch the back straight leg kwim?.... and then in that same position bend the knee of the leg being stretched. One targets the gastrocenemious and the other the soleous. (I know I f*d that spelling. too lazy to look up the correct spells lol!) Most people don't do that and so aren't hitting both of the calf muscles properly! 

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

Do a regular calf stretch...the kind where you lean on a wall and stretch the back straight leg kwim?.... and then in that same position bend the knee of the leg being stretched. One targets the gastrocenemious and the other the soleous. (I know I f*d that spelling. too lazy to look up the correct spells lol!) Most people don't do that and so aren't hitting both of the calf muscles properly! 

I hadn't done those before, but that seems to hit the spot... Thanks!

I should consider a less internetting challenge next round.  I am in the web way too much. It cuts into my reading, and taking nice, long walks. I didn't have a real internet connection until I went to college, and now its like crack that I can get at all the time. 

Have you looked into hobbies or other projects that you have wanted to start that could perhaps fill that time the internet previously filled? I have a whole mess of an office with half started projects or need to start projects that need some dedicated time: like dusting, or learning to crochet, Spanish workbook courses, etc, :P

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Wow, I can relate to your goals so much. How long have you been seriously working on your running? (I ask because I need to get more serious about my own running).

Right around two months. I was very much off-and on since February, but then started getting really serious about finishing c25k for the second time. (finished it last summer also and then lapsed, losing all my progress :( )

I have had a few weeks where I didn't hit all my runs because it was in the high nineties all day and still the high eighties after dark, but I'm on week 8 of c25k after right around 8 weeks of training, so I've been pretty much on track since early June.

I'm loving your goals! Especially the Internet goal! I've actually installed that software before, but stopped using it when I realized it was not working with the fact that I'm a college student! Even now that I'm going to start my internship, I still need to be on the Internet at home looking up stuff for work. I can totally relate to wasting hours on the computer, though! I know you can rock this challenge!

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

I'm loving your goals! Especially the Internet goal! I've actually installed that software before, but stopped using it when I realized it was not working with the fact that I'm a college student! Even now that I'm going to start my internship, I still need to be on the Internet at home looking up stuff for work. I can totally relate to wasting hours on the computer, though! I know you can rock this challenge!

Thanks! The software I have allows me to add specific blocked sites, so as long as I'm honest with myself about what the habit sites are I can still use thinfs for school and work.

Got my hour of internet and several bottles of water over my requirement. Cleaned nearly the entire apartment. Made cookies for friends. Wore pants I could have sworn were too small two weeks ago and now are falling down. Good day!

Good day? More like great day!

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Got my hour of internet and several bottles of water over my requirement. Cleaned nearly the entire apartment. Made cookies for friends. Wore pants I could have sworn were too small two weeks ago and now are falling down. Good day!

Yay for too small pants falling down! That's always an epic feeling!

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

I realized something on my run today.

I was feeling like I was having a really tough time. My breathing wasn't as good (especially so, since I forgot my allergy medicine last night), my legs hurt, and my steps felt heavy.

And then I got done, and I was done almost a whole minute sooner than last time (4.44K in 35:49). It hurts because without even thinking about it, I'm going faster than the time before... And looking back on my run logs, at a faster pace than any interval I have EVER done in this program, despite it being way farther than when I started. It's uncomfortable because I'm actually getting better and going faster! I know, crazy, right?

Anyway, I did my stretch and was proud of myself and finished off my last required bottle of water for the day, although I'll probably drink more.

Now, I've decided to make the end of week 1 "goal re-evaluation time," and I think my internet goal needs a bit of re-evaluating. In the words of my mom, who I was talking to the other day, "I don't understand why you will let yourself take four days of breaks from running and no breaks on restricting your internet time." Good point, Mom. I've been struggling with this goal, and I think giving myself Saturday and Sunday as free days will take a lot of the stress off this goal and make me more likely to get more out of it during the weekdays. So that puts me in a good spot for this week if I say Thursday was one of my two no-restriction days this week and today was the other.

Also going to get rid of the "no 1-person video games either" clause, because I always do this thing where I sneak two goals together in one goal on accident and regret it later.

Sounds good. I think it's really hard to succeed if you don't allow yourself any leeway. Most of my goals this time are do / don't do x and I've basically said "for 80% of the time" on those. If you fall, you want to be able to pick yourself up as soon as possible, rather than beating yourself up too much, as long as you do generally stay focused on your goals. If you can build up a habit you can keep at after the challenge finishes then you'll put yourself in a much better position to be able to reevaluate and build on that further next time, if that's what you want.

You're doing great, keep it up!

Those runs are the best. When you are dead worn out by the end and feel like you just suck and will never improve, until the end when you're reviewing the run on whatever program/gear you use and realize you went faster or farther and that's what sucked the juice from you!!! 

I think the weekend free days sounds like a great idea. 7 hours a week sounds like torture!!! 

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8

Thanks guys!

Had a bit of a discouraging event with regards to my weight today... I shifted a little on the toilet and the seat cracked. It's always embarrassing when you have to tell your landlord you broke the toilet, but usually it's poop related, not weight related.

I love that you are used to telling your landlord that you broke the toilet and your concern is that you've found a new way of breaking it!

Re your weight, don't feel bad, as Primeval said, its likely the seat was old i'd guess, and you said you're 190lb which i think converts for me to about 86kg? Which is similar to my weight, regardless of whether I'm taller. They make toilet seats to take at least 120kg (265lb), and that's the cheap ones, gourd quality ones should take more. wanting to lose some pounds is fine (for next challenge, you're busy enough for now!) But you didn't break the seat through being record-breakingly heavy!

That is awesome about your run!  Also, it looks like you are totally kicking butt on your water goal.  Every time I drink a glass down while nursing the baby, I think about you.  Haha!  No creepo :D

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

I love that you are used to telling your landlord that you broke the toilet and your concern is that you've found a new way of breaking it!

Re your weight, don't feel bad, as Primeval said, its likely the seat was old i'd guess, and you said you're 190lb which i think converts for me to about 86kg? Which is similar to my weight, regardless of whether I'm taller. They make toilet seats to take at least 120kg (265lb), and that's the cheap ones, gourd quality ones should take more. wanting to lose some pounds is fine (for next challenge, you're busy enough for now!) But you didn't break the seat through being record-breakingly heavy!

Haha, yeah, I guess I do weigh around the weight of the average tallish man. I think there was just a raised area in the direction I was leaning. My landlady is 100 pounds (a year after pregnancy, no less) and I can't imagine her breaking even the crappiest of toilet seats just from sitting and moving around on them.

Some times you have to chance your goal! I hope having the free days work out well for you

Me too. Being all-business all the time was makin' me stressed!

That is awesome about your run!  Also, it looks like you are totally kicking butt on your water goal.  Every time I drink a glass down while nursing the baby, I think about you.  Haha!  No creepo :D

Aw, none taken, I love being thought of! Yeah, the water goal is way easier than I thought it would be, and it's more effective at making me eat fewer calories and drink less soda than coming at those goals directly ever was. Best goal I ever had. :)

OMG you crack me up!! Great job on your discipline so far! :) Calorie counting is not the most fun thing to do but eye-opening for sure. I like what your mother brought up about the internet thing, allowing yourself some leadway.  I also struggle with the food issue...I am a baker by heart and its my stress reliever so when I get very anxious I bake which is sometimes fine but sometimes the batter becomes a meal. Or, if my friends start requesting a treat its hard not to make it and then sample the finished product. Another plus w water-sometimes you think you are hungry and eat when your body is actually thirsty and you need water 0 calories!!

Thanks guys!

Had a bit of a discouraging event with regards to my weight today... I shifted a little on the toilet and the seat cracked. It's always embarrassing when you have to tell your landlord you broke the toilet, but usually it's poop related, not weight related.

Some of the coolest dreams that ever came true weren't dreams at all, but standards that simply weren't compromised.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/36982-sunshinerunner-goes-paleo-get-fit-or-die-trying/

In jr. High school, a 90 pound (if even that, girl was tiny!) classmate managed to break a bench in the cafeteria. I really doubt it had to do much with how much you weigh and more to do with an old seat having any pressure at all on it!

Level 10 Wandering Nord

In jr. High school, a 90 pound (if even that, girl was tiny!) classmate managed to break a bench in the cafeteria. I really doubt it had to do much with how much you weigh and more to do with an old seat having any pressure at all on it!

Ha, that makes me feel better.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines