AgentsSka :: The Quest for the Spartan Trifecta Begins

AgentsSka

GRRRRrrrr.... anyone else having formatting issues while using Tapatalk (v1)?

yes mine always comes out as a big blob of text unless I use safari.  Tapatalk app hates me.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

all the pullups!

(fartlek..... ha ha ha ha....)

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Pull-up/push-up supersets FTW!!

Nicely done!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

I don't think this ever happened before.  Maybe it's happening since the forum upgrade?

it always happens to me. 

but I am not a computer-y type of person and I don't know squat about tags and stuff.  So I just type the stuff in and it almost always looks like wall o'text.  I lose interest in going into safari to fix it so I leave it.  LOL. 

I AM going the distance

Workout Update - 08.07 pt2

Squeezed in my 20 pull-up & 100 push-up workouts & washed them down with three planks. Haven't been doing many planks lately & need to fix that.

Pullups - 3, 3, 2, 2, 4

Push-ups - 10, 12, 8, 10, 20

I alternated pull-up & push-up sets.

Then planks of 45, 60, 45 seconds.

*edited to fix broken formatting.

Verra nice!

Challenge 1    Challenge 2   Current Challenge

Random Treat Free Streak: 10 Days (start 05/28)

Workout Update - 08.08

Rest Day.  Not necessarily on purpose.  Was thinking about getting a 6-7 mile run, but it never happened.  I'm still going to hit my running and workout goals for the week (in terms of # of times ran/workout). But, I'm not happy with my mileage the last couple of weeks.  The mileage is a bit skewed by Wed. stadium runs. But, the intensity of those workouts certainly offset mileage concerns.  But with the Super & Beast fast approaching (a month away for the Super!), I need to get my mileage up.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Workout Update - 08.09

Spartan Sprint is tomorrow morning, so Very Light Workout today.  This was literally designed to get the body moving, get a good stretch, and move the muscles and get the blood flowing.  Nothing was going to be heavy weight, or to failure.  More or less, this was a long warm-up routine.

Rebel Running Warmup

3 Pullups - Mostly because the bar was there.

100 Pushup Workout - 11, 15, 9, 9, 15 = 59 - super-set'd with

115lb DL 8x3

Crunches 15, 15, 15

Squats - 45x10x3

I think that was it.  I'm just going to call this the "Limber Me Up, Baby!" Workout.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  spartan sprint day!!!!!!!!!  we will demand updates.

You are going to KICK ASS!

I AM going the distance

Good luck tomorrow! Go kick some ass! You can rest up and recover next week on vacation :D

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  spartan sprint day!!!!!!!!!  we will demand updates.

You are going to KICK ASS!

Thanks!

Grease those joints!  We want action guy footage from the Spartan Sprint!!!

I'll try - but will be traveling immediately after.  And, my friend who was going to run it with me bailed - or, I bailed on him first because of the rescheduling, I guess - so, running it solo which will be a first for me.  So, I may be short on footage.

Good luck tomorrow! Go kick some ass! You can rest up and recover next week on vacation :D

Hahahahahahaha.

1. There will be no rest.
  2. First portion involves a couple of days of amusement park activities at Hershey Park.
  3. There will be a drive back to New England for my kids to meet my sister's child who shall be born at some point later today.
  4. Then, we will be heading to VT for a couple of days of camping.
  5. Drive back to MA to drop the kids off with their mother.
  6. Drive back to VT to continue camping festivities with friends.
  7. See Number 1.

Speaking of hard workouts... I am subscribed to the Spartan Workout of the Day emails.  I have a few saved in Evernote for future use.  Some are harder than others, obviously.  All usually have scaling for ability level.

But, this one came in made my jaw freaking drop.

Spartan WOD for Sunday, 08.04.13

The Spartan 1500

If you are going through hell, keep going.

-- Winston Churchill

1. 100 Burpees

2. 100 Pull-ups

3. 100 Box jumps

4. 100 Sandbag Squat Throws

5. 100 Jumping Jacks

6. 100 Brazilian Ab Twists (50 each side)

7. 100 Bodyweight Squats

8. 100 Side kicks (50 each side)

9. 100 Jumping lunges

10. 100 Curls (50 each side)

11. 100 Tricep Overhead Extensions (50 each side)

12. 100 Jumping Jacks

13. 100 Squat jumps

14. 3 Rope Climbs

15. 300 Crunches

I will do this someday.  

That day is not here yet.

Also.  Holy. SHIT.

Now that is intimidating!  100 burpees followed by 100 pullups?  

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

Running photos are hardly ever flattering.  This one, from Saturday's race, is no exception.

BridgeBack10k_2013_2lo.jpg

Coming down the bridge.  This is just before the Mile 5 marker.  I'm not liking my arm position.  I'm going to have to focus on my form on today's run and see if that's "normal" height.  I believe my arms should be at more of a 90Ëš angle.  Although, it could just be an optical illusion from the untucked shirt.  Ah, well.  Whatever.

Nice.  I tense up my shoulders on the down slopes too, which flares the elbows and chops the ROM for the arm swing.  Not sure how to change that except to lean into the downhill, but my shins won't cooperate.

Cro Magnon Assassin

damn thought we had an agentsska update...

I wait.

tumblr_mkfchtZTyd1s8g1aoo1_400.gif

I AM going the distance

that was on the fb.  LOL.  It's a pain for me to post pics from work.  I try to post this weekend.  It's not a good pic. let's see if my lazy attempt works (ha ha it worked I defeated the pic monsters)

523479_207212289444561_1514410346_n.jpg

I AM going the distance

Quick Spartan Sprint Update in between drives from and to Vermont.  

Pluses - 

• Finished 20 mins faster than last year's event.  Not the same course, and some different obstacles.  But, 20 mins faster.
  • Finished in the top 6% of the overall field and top 10% for both Age and Gender.
  • Next year, I'm signing up for the Elite Heat and looking to drop a lot more time and place well w/in the Elites.  As it stands, my finishing time would have finished within the top 50% of the small Elite field.  But....

Negatives - 

1. The fucking wall traverse - I need to figure that shit out.  Burpees.
  2. It had poured - really poured - for two straight days before the event.  One obstacle is a 110lb cement block on a 15 foot puly.  Block is on the ground, pull the weight up until the top, and then ease it back to the ground.  I'm 165, and need some leverage to get the block moving.  I couldn't plant my feet enough (slipping in the mud) to get going.  Elected to do burpees after killing 45-60 secs screwing around with it.
  3. I finished with gas in the tank.  INEXCUSABLE.  (I'll post more on that later.)

Those three things right there could have added up to 10 mins on my time.  The third thing being the biggest one of them.  And, the one I could have controlled the most.  Stupid.  And, I'm still annoyed by it.  

But, still - I did well.  And, I'm confident that I can run with the big boys next year.  So, it was full of win.

And, I sprinted through the gladiators to the finish.

Proof:

glad2_sm.jpg

Nice look of grim determination:0  Friggin awesome Dude!  20 minutes, excel!  

I'm 175 lbs, and a 110 cement block has gotta command respect.  No way around it.  Even the big guys have to work at it.

Finishing with fuel in the tank...its gonna happen until you have enough events under your belt to know how to pace yourself.  Don't want to fall short, right?

What foot gear do you have on?  Look like some kind of minimalist barefoot runner.  Have you considered a trail shoe with some soft lugs on the bottom for traction?

What kind of wall obstacle is in the wall traverse?  I'm thinking a 7 foot wooden or chain link wall?  And how did you approach it?  Technique is as important as strength with those.  (I know you know this, I just want to hear the story:)

Cro Magnon Assassin

That you sprinted past the gladiators was my favorite part of your story!!! Always sprint to the finish!!! YEA!!!

Your race sounds good! You had a good time and placed really well.

And burpees suck.

I AM going the distance

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines