AgentsSka :: The Quest for the Spartan Trifecta Begins

AgentsSka

Which one - the Iditarod?

I could probably be physically ready for it in 3-5 years.  However, I seriously doubt my life would be ready for that in 3-5 years.  It'd be seriously difficult for me to take the necessary time off from work and away from my family/children at that time.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Makes sense.  I wouldn't have considered it when my kids were in the house for the same reason.  Bummer.  Keep it in mind though, for when they are graduated and you've got some time.  If I'm still around we'll talk about it:)  On a similar note, what about the Western States 100?  I figure in 2015, gotta get settled into the new assignment first, right?

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

Workout Update - 08.21

Harvard Stadium with November Project today.  Today's workout; 40 sections with fire drill.

I had forgotten my stopwatch today.  So, I don't have splits.  I had to use the MapMyRun app and so I only have approximate timing.... but, I know it is fairly close.

40 sections - in about 48 mins.

If my math is correct that is about 1:12/section.

And, that included 9 stops for fire drills - where I did 3-5 burpees at each fire drill.

Pretty happy with it.

I followed that up with a modified Spartan Ab 300 workout.  Modified because I think I did some of the exercises wrong.  And, I couldn't really figure out backscratchers while lying on the grass of the Harvard Athletic Complex.

Truth told, I'm not so sure what my Ultra-future looks like.  Going a different direction right now; lots of lifting, right?  But I will probably get the fever again in early 2014 when the Ultra season is imminent.  If I do, I'd like to do a 100 miler for bragging rights.  Preferably the Western States 100, because its the best known.  I would have to complete one of the qualifying races and then win a ticket through their lottery, so very iffy.  The Leadville looks like a stone cold bitch, hitting that last peak twice within 20 miles.  I just figure that, from your blogs, you'll be looking for a challenge after the Trifecta.  And these Ultras are seductive...think of it, "yes, Grandson, I once ran 1000 miles in February from Anchorage to Nome..."  you would be mythological.  Your descendants would literally die trying to live up to your legend.  Just saying...

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

Truth told, I'm not so sure what my Ultra-future looks like. Going a different direction right now; lots of lifting, right? But I will probably get the fever again in early 2014 when the Ultra season is imminent. If I do, I'd like to do a 100 miler for bragging rights. Preferably the Western States 100, because its the best known. I would have to complete one of the qualifying races and then win a ticket through their lottery, so very iffy. The Leadville looks like a stone cold bitch, hitting that last peak twice within 20 miles. I just figure that, from your blogs, you'll be looking for a challenge after the Trifecta. And these Ultras are seductive...think of it, "yes, Grandson, I once ran 1000 miles in February from Anchorage to Nome..." you would be mythological. Your descendants would literally die trying to live up to your legend. Just saying...

That would be epic

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

So would covering the AT in two months time... Just saying.  ;)

Funny.  Last week was a week off from running.  Today, I have DOMS in the calves from the Stadium.  Of course, it was more sections than I had every covered... but only by three.  I have a crazy schedule today - hoping to squeeze in a run & quick gym time between commitments.  We'll see how it goes.

Oh, and next Wed is the last Wed of the month.  That means it's going to be PR Day, baby.

So would covering the AT in two months time... Just saying.   ;)

True but is that doable?  I guess it is.  Do you run all day for 2 mos? 

*sigh* the AT....

Oh, and next Wed is the last Wed of the month.  That means it's going to be PR Day, baby.

Oh!  Anticipatory SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

That's the second time you mentioned the "AT", don't know the reference.  Fill me in so I can add one more to the dream list:)

Appalachian Trail.

True but is that doable?  I guess it is.  Do you run all day for 2 mos? 

*sigh* the AT....

Possible?  Sure.  This woman did it in less than 47 days!

Appalachian Trail.

Possible?  Sure.  This woman did it in less than 47 days!

16 hrs/day?  was she schlepping gear?  (not in the pic). 

This man did it in less than 47 hours!  LOL!

I AM going the distance

hahaha.

No.  Her record was a supported record.  She slack packed just what she needed and met up with her support team to resupply/re-fuel.

Apparently, the unsupported record was broken this year!  58 days 9+ hours.  Carrying your own gear.  No auto support into towns.  BEAST.

hahaha.

No.  Her record was a supported record.  She slack packed just what she needed and met up with her support team to resupply/re-fuel.

Apparently, the unsupported record was broken this year!  58 days 9+ hours.  Carrying your own gear.  No auto support into towns.  BEAST.

I need a support team just to get through the day... LOL. 

Damn that dude is really skinny.  I wonder if he made the dog go with him?  LOL.  I will take the kittehs... they would LOVE it.

I AM going the distance

Pac Coast Trail looks AMAZING!!! ZOMG I would be soooo happy doing that.

I've been trying to convince spousal unit to do the coast to coast hike in Scotland.  It's not intimidating or terribly long but he's a pansy.  boo.  boo pansy.  I really want to do it but wanted company and I don't have a dog....

Now I want to go hiking.  *sigh*  Soon!  I'll be day hiking in October. 

But I really need new hiking shoes.  For years, no matter what I do, I get a blister in the same place in one shoe.  I hate those shoes and started hiking in minimalists instead but could use a bit more structure.  Recommendations?

I AM going the distance

2,185 miles / 58 = 37.67 miles a day.  Seems doable...

I don't think he took the pooch with him.  Dog food is relatively light, but still bulky.

Not only that, you'd waste a lot of time on pooper scooper duty :D

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines