• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Thrillho

Thrillho - Ideal Of A Beautiful Victory

Day 5 (Friday): I don't think I warmed up properly. I had to de-load my bench press 20 lbs for the last three sets, it was just too much for me.  Handled the full-weight squats, and the deadlifts STARTED hard and the last set was actually easy, so I need to add MORE weight to that.  The empty bar is too easy for my son to bench press, but even 5 lbs on each side makes it too hard, so he wants to really focus on his arms so he can properly add weight.  Deadlifts had him breathing hard, and his squats are doing great. Also, I have it on good authority (of an eleven year old) that when I am using the punching bag full-power, all of my arm and shoulder and back muscles become briefly visible, and he says it looks TOTALLY AWESOME.  I haven't had visible muscles for a while, so yay!  My son was making a three-egg sandwich when I left for work, and he was going on about protein and carbs and fats during the deadlifts. 

<3 He's gonna be awesome.

Upper legs are super-laggy, but we'll see if I hit the same level of soreness I had earlier this week.  I'll be out of town all weekend, and MOnday, so no Monday workout, but we'll be keeping active.  

:D

Yeah. He's already awesome. Now he's just gotta keep it up. How awesome that you're providing such a great example for him!

What an awesome son!

As for the BP, if you can't find smaller plates than 5#, just have his add a ton more reps to where he exhausts his arms. Like 50+ He can build up to adding 10 more #s that way. (also, maybe start with only 3 sets with the added 10#)

ALSO, YAY FOR VISIBLE MUSCLE!!! what an awesome feeling! :D

Day 6 (Saturday): Driving down to the home.  Cleaning the tenant's dogs' poop stains out of my sons bedroom and the storage room. (We hope it's the dogs', and not hers.) Bought $150 worth of farmer's market goods.  Went for dinner at the pub one last time. Said goodbye to a lot of people.  I spent a LOT of time driving. And sweating.  And driving.  And jogging.  And driving.  And cleaning.  Think I stuck mostly to my diet.

Day 7 (Sunday): Helped out with my father in law, made some kitchen cabinetry, worked the fruit stand, picked a couple hundred pounds of corn, hiked the back 40 to stake out the potential location of our future home, did shopping, played Foosball with kids, helped cook dinner... big day, on my feet the whole time. Ate pretty well, too!

Day 8 (Monday): Tons more hiking, tons more driving.  That's... really about it.  I had toast, a bagel, a donut, and turkey sausage smothered in home-sauteed mushrooms with farm garlic, onions and peppers.  OM NOM I LOVE HAVING THE LARDER STOCKED WITH FARM VEGGIES AGAIN. So many onions and beets and 10 lbs of peaches and 10 lbs of nectarines and 40 lbs of sunrise apples and twenty pounds of peppers and and and...

... lots of sauteed veggies this week. :)

That's so awesome, having veggies from the farm! I gotta figure out how to do that for myself now. Hmmm.

Woot! Great weekend! So nice that you got lots of farm grown veggies. Don´t let even 1 go to waste!

Your son is fantastic! May he maintains that impulse for self improvement.

I'm so jealous about the Farm stuff.  My roommate was supposed to look into doing a farm share/co-op program through his university, but never followed through (because he eats like a bachelor and veggies aren't ever really a part of his meals).  It makes me so sad, since most of my meals are 50% veggie at this point. :(

It sucks living 8 hours from the farm.  We used to keep stocked up all year long, but now we've got to make a special trip and plan carefully to account for what we have room for.  Grrr.

Day 9 (Tuesday): Not a very good day.  Ate very well, but didn't bike due to it not being rain so much as it was being underwater with some dry bits floating around.  All-farm-veggie spagetti for dinner, but otherwise spent the day either working or having angry phone calls.  Hung out with all the kids and watched Wipeout, which is actually something I look forward to four nights a week now. <3

Day 10 (Wednesday): Up early and lifting with my son!  Two issues: I swear my arms are getting weaker. Last week my OHP was 5x5 and not too difficult, this time 5x5 nearly killed me. For my squats and bent rows, I went up to 10 with my last set, so that was good, and man am I sore because of it.  Managed to get through all the exercises with my son in only 45 minutes today, which was good, as we actually had time for breakfast together!  Eggs for everyone. He went up to 9 squats on the last set, but couldn't get any more out of his OHP and went up to six with the bent rows, but that was also close to his limit.  Worked on warming up better, and also one minute HARD on the punching bag after all the weights to sort of get the blood flowing again. Felt good. 

Also, hee hee: Throkky (my wife) was going through the photos on my iPod (I've only got like 30 on there, mostly of the kids) and found at the very end the picture of me at the Walk For Arthritis, and the picture of me four years ago in Nelson, BC. There is a nearly ninety pound difference between the two pictures. She asked why the hell I have that picture on there, and I explained it's so I can show some people "Fat Thrillho" and "Current Thrillho".

She then spent the next four days showing EVERYONE up here, and back in OK Falls, the picture of "Fat Thrillho" and being all "Look at him! LOOK AT HIM!!!"

Day 11 (Thursday): Nothing much special today.  Slept in, because man did I need it (and my wife was watching TV in bed with the volume up until midnight... there's no volume control on the projector). Despite HEAVY lifting yesterday, I feel... ok! Like, actually good! That's awesome and unexpected! Tomorrow's workout will probably just be pushups and squats in the living room, as our formerly empty weight room will soon be containing ALL of our possessions, because the f***ing Big Steel Box just got here.  Two more weeks, and we start MMA.  My bike is thoroughly screwed. Nommy protein. That's aboot it.

Also, hee hee: Throkky (my wife) was going through the photos on my iPod (I've only got like 30 on there, mostly of the kids) and found at the very end the picture of me at the Walk For Arthritis, and the picture of me four years ago in Nelson, BC. There is a nearly ninety pound difference between the two pictures. She asked why the hell I have that picture on there, and I explained it's so I can show some people "Fat Thrillho" and "Current Thrillho".

She then spent the next four days showing EVERYONE up here, and back in OK Falls, the picture of "Fat Thrillho" and being all "Look at him! LOOK AT HIM!!!"

Hahaha! That´s one proud wife!

Day 11 (Thursday): Nothing much special today.  Slept in, because man did I need it (and my wife was watching TV in bed with the volume up until midnight... there's no volume control on the projector). Despite HEAVY lifting yesterday, I feel... ok! Like, actually good! That's awesome and unexpected! Tomorrow's workout will probably just be pushups and squats in the living room, as our formerly empty weight room will soon be containing ALL of our possessions, because the f***ing Big Steel Box just got here.  Two more weeks, and we start MMA.  My bike is thoroughly screwed. Nommy protein. That's aboot it.

I can´t wait to read how will you two do over the MMA gym!

Glad to see your wife's actually in your corner for once! That must be a nice feeling.

And yeah, you should feel good after heavy lifting. There's only so much bad you're supposed to feel in training.

Two weeks to MMA! So excited.

Day 11 (Thursday Update): Spent 3pm until about 10pm hauling boxes, beds, furniture, and putting it all together.  I am so incredibly sore right now, because I've never lived anywhere with three storeys before, and ALL the beds going on the top floor.  Squats got nothing on what I did last night.  Fell asleep shortly after midnight... IN MY GIGANTIC AWESOME MEMORY FOAM KING SIZE BED oh bed how I missed you let's never fight again...

Day 12 (Friday): Slept in.  Everything from the chest down is sore as all hell, and my left shoulder which did a lot of the most awkward furniture lifting. I overdosed on protien last night to take advantage of all of the heavy lifting, but yeah, right now all of my weights are at the back of a VERY full basement.  In the good news department, I've got my other bench and my other two bars, and my other big weights, so when we get it cleaned up again we're gonna be well set up for working out, and much faster if we don't have to CONSTANTLY swap out weights. Going to the fair tonight, that'll be a hoot.  Then spend all weekend sorting boxes.  Back to proper lifting on Monday!

Day 13 (Saturday): Ok, this definitely counts for lifting, squats and cardio.  I HAVE SO MANY STAIRS IN MY PLACE.  Dozens of boxes up, dozens of boxes down, and rearranging the garage and basement several times, so many pieces of furniture and trunks and boxes and up the stairs and down the stairs again... I have been dripping sweat all day. I have had THREE strong ciders, and I FEEL NOTHING because I'm burning them off as fast as I can drink them.  I've also only had one sausage, a small pile of potatoes and some spaghetti & meatballs.  I should be way hungrier than this.  All I want to do is drink water.  HOWEVER, I made a peach-blackberry-lime cobbler, what we call Gruffalo Crumble, and I plan to eat half of that sucker for dessert.

Also, yay gym! Yay bars! Yay weights! Check it out!

gymyay_zps2c47909b.jpg

And if you turn around, here's the REST of the basement.

gymmess1_zps64d2acd4.jpg

I could mail you a beet?

OMIGOSH! It will be the BEST beet EVAR!!!

I used to make this apple-beet casserole when beets were 'in season' at the grocery. Verry Nommy. (And purple-y)

I'm so jealous about the Farm stuff.  My roommate was supposed to look into doing a farm share/co-op program through his university, but never followed through (because he eats like a bachelor and veggies aren't ever really a part of his meals).  It makes me so sad, since most of my meals are 50% veggie at this point. :(

WOOT for 50% veggies, Phoenix!!

I see a before/after pic that needs to be posted....

Day 13 (Saturday): Ok, this definitely counts for lifting, squats and cardio.  I HAVE SO MANY STAIRS IN MY PLACE.  Dozens of boxes up, dozens of boxes down, and rearranging the garage and basement several times, so many pieces of furniture and trunks and boxes and up the stairs and down the stairs again... I have been dripping sweat all day. I have had THREE strong ciders, and I FEEL NOTHING because I'm burning them off as fast as I can drink them.  I've also only had one sausage, a small pile of potatoes and some spaghetti & meatballs.  I should be way hungrier than this.  All I want to do is drink water.  HOWEVER, I made a peach-blackberry-lime cobbler, what we call Gruffalo Crumble, and I plan to eat half of that sucker for dessert.

Also, yay gym! Yay bars! Yay weights! Check it out!

gymyay_zps2c47909b.jpg

And if you turn around, here's the REST of the basement.

gymmess1_zps64d2acd4.jpg

Yay for stairs! You love to hate them. Now it IS a part of your life style.

Awesome job with all that lifting! SevenFoot and I were talking about how that practical lifting can really get you ripped. There's nothing quite like moving your home (esp. 3 stories) that will make your body ache the next day. I'm glad my college days are long gone in that respect. I do NOT envy you.