DrDidg is pulling his way to the top.

DrDidg

Day 17 Report

Exercise

2.01 mile run @ lunch and then 8 pull ups.   Increased by one, so gaining. 

Food

Lunch was a fully fledged yummy burger with bacon, egg, and cheese.    Salad instead of fries at least and a wheat beer to wash it all down. 

A glass of chocolate milk, 3 slices of turkey wrapped in a slice of American cheese.   An additional slice of pepper jack cause why not, it's cheese.   Mmmmm cheese.

Big old drop in weight between days which partially went away due to eating, but still a generally over all downward trend though.   Glad I can do more primal then paleo and still lose with a cheat day here and there still mixed in.  

Weight & Measurements

148.6 lbs

Waist at navel - 30"

Neck - 14"

Navy - 11% body fat

YMCA - 9% body fat

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

Nice king pigeon!

And... uh.. blondie?

1263050973035.gif

Yoga ftw!

Nice job staying focused hahaha

Good luck with Lulumon!!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Happy half way point for this 6-week challenge! How goes your goals? I see you're making progress towards that 145 (great job!) And 7 pull ups is dang near 10... I'm sure you'll get there.

Any work yet with the Celtics coach? That's great you've found someone to help with the flip related goal.

Great job- keep up the good work! Cheers.

Level 1 Druid Sea-Elf

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50159-back-at-nerd-fitness-but-i-can-no-longer-see-my-toes/?p=1094367

"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesan

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

Day 18 19 20 21 Report

Exercise

18 - Friday afternoon yoga as usual.

19 - Nothing

20 - Nothing

21 - SUP Fitness class

Food

18 - Roast beef crepe

19 - Milk.   Lots of milk...

20 - Jalapeno, bacon, cheddar burger patty & milk.

21 - Milk & 5 Guys bacon burger.

Weight & Measurements

18 - 151

19 - 147

20 - 149

21 - 149

Waist at navel - 30"

Neck - 14"

Navy - 11% body fat

YMCA - 9% body fat

Lulu update.  My schedule is too restrictive for them currently.  Oh well more time to workout and for myself.    

Nice king pigeon!

And... uh.. blondie?

1263050973035.gif

Yoga ftw!

Nice job staying focused hahaha

Good luck with Lulumon!!

Ah blondie.   That would be my fav yoga teacher who is an exceptional human outside and in.   I think it was 2007 or 2009 that she won hottest girl in Boston by Stuff magazine.   I do my best to stay focused and not be that perv in a yoga class.  Then again fine glutes like that do deserve some attention.   ;-)

Mmm... the Melting Pot...

Mmmm.... Legal Sea Foods...

Mmmmm.... cheese!

Hope your week is going well!  Nice job on continual weight drop!  Rawr!  Have fun!

Last one said it best as the cheese from either of those places is delicious.   Could also just say cheese is delicious and stop there.  

9% bodyfat?????? :)   

omg you really kick @ss now!!!

awesome

:)

Having the proper measurements helped that out a bit.  Not sure how this is going to play out in the winter months as I was normally cold with the fat insulating layer. 

Happy half way point for this 6-week challenge! How goes your goals? I see you're making progress towards that 145 (great job!) And 7 pull ups is dang near 10... I'm sure you'll get there.

Any work yet with the Celtics coach? That's great you've found someone to help with the flip related goal.

Great job- keep up the good work! Cheers.

Was a relaxing weekend of nothingness really.   Took Monday off from work and chilled out followed up with the SUP fitness class that lulu was having.   I may not work there, but can still do all of their events now though.   Though did find out a perk to working there is that they pay for some of your yoga.    So as one can imagine at some point I would still like to work there as that is an amazing work perk.   Have not emailed the Celtics coach yet.   Hopefully find time to do something this weekend. 

Day 22 Report

Exercise

Another day of chillaxing.  Have to save energy for today which will have 2.5-3 hours of SUP boarding now that mine is finally here.   Hour of SUP yoga and then SUPing around Boston. 

Food

Chinese lo mein with chicken and green beans for lunch.

Chilean chicken, munster, jalapeno, habanero and green bean sandwich from Chacharero's in town Boston.   I always treat myself to this after the dentist.     The only part of going to the dentist that I like, minus getting lit up on Valium so I won't hit them.   I really hate the dentist as a redhead.   Google redhead and anesthesia to find out why.  We hate them and they hate us.

Weight & Measurements

Waist at navel - 30"

Neck - 14"

Navy - 11% body fat

YMCA - 9% body fat

Made a comparison picture of 2 years ago in Hawaii when I got sun stroke and put on the same shorts for effect and took a pic last week.   44 lbs difference and just shy of 2 years.

51985_10151747723318971_1522002364_o.jpg

Oh my gosh! That's some really great progress! Congrats to you!

Level 1 Druid Sea-Elf

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50159-back-at-nerd-fitness-but-i-can-no-longer-see-my-toes/?p=1094367

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

Day 22 Report

Exercise

Felt like crap and went home sick.  Got into a car accident instead of SUPing all afternoon as originally planned.  

Food

Nothing at all.   Tried to eat and stomach said no.   Hence go home and smash into someone.   Fine thankfully as I am anal about wearing my seat belt.    On that same dentist note, thankfully to see her I have to take a 10mg Valium and took one of those after the accident to force my body to relax and not tense up.   But also being in a state of freak out from sed accident, I could still not get food down or even think about it.   On the other hand it forced the body to drop some weight and hit a new goal.   Right about now I need to find the good in a bad situation, so I lost weight from an accident will have to do. 

Weight & Measurements

146.6     Only 1.6 pounds to go!!

Waist at navel - 30"   Likely 29", but have not measured lately.  Used 29" for calculations. 

Neck - 14"

Navy - 9% body fat

YMCA - 7% body fat

I will have to do a full measurement with calipers at the end of this for a more accurate reading.  I don't think I am 9-7% body fat yet as I still have more tummy & Italian ass then I would like.   But can only do so much with genetics except to say Thanks Dad!

Ah blondie.   That would be my fav yoga teacher who is an exceptional human outside and in.   I think it was 2007 or 2009 that she won hottest girl in Boston by Stuff magazine.   I do my best to stay focused and not be that perv in a yoga class.  Then again fine glutes like that do deserve some attention.   ;-)

I have no doubts! But kudos on not being an uber perv.  :) I'm sure she appreciates that.

Sorry to hear about your accident!  I'm glad you're mostly okay, even if you are quite shaken.  Hope you have a relaxing day and can eat again soon.

In the meantime here is a weird pic:

2.gif

i love it

ETA! I forgot to say: Great job!! Your progress is fantastic!  and I think it's funny you're more tan NOW than when you were Hawaii.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Day 23 Report

Exercise

Felt like crap and went home sick again so did nothing.   

Food

About 3/4 of a sausage, egg, and cheese on an English muffin for breakfast to get something me finally.  Tried to do a burrito at lunch and got down about 2 bites of it.  Serving of milk later that night.  

Weight & Measurements

Waist at navel - 29" 

Neck - 14"

Navy - 9% body fat

YMCA - 7% body fat

Measured waist and I am 29" now. WOW!  Waist picture

Target Weight Achieved!!!!

BAR_BradPittDance-gif.gif

Oh my goodness! Car accident?!?!?! And you posted about it so matter of fact. I would have come across like a total nut job/ basket case/ freak out. So good you're OK. Wow. How's your back feeling?

CONGRATS on your goal! That's really amazing. And we have 2 weeks left still. Really, really great.

Hope you feel better soon. No fun not feeling 100%.

Level 1 Druid Sea-Elf

Battle Log:

Oh man, sorry to hear about the accident.  Hope you are feeling better!  It sucks!  But, YAY on hitting target weight!  Woo Hoo!

26321_516595215080683_519679408_n.png

Measured waist and I am 29" now. WOW!  Waist picture

But shouldn't you take shirt off to measure?   Just saying...  Still...  Super Duper!  Rawr Rawr!  :D

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Day 24 & 25 Report

Exercise

24 - My first day out on my paddle board.   This is the start of something amazing and life changing.   If I could find time to do this everyday for the rest of my life I would be down for it.   Being on this puts me in a zen state from the rhythm of the paddle stroke to the waves crashing into the board.  What is not to love about it.   Minus being on the Charles river cause the water is kind of nasty still.  

25 - Solid 4 hours at least out in the back yard doing yard work, trimming hedges, raking, gardening and all that fun stuff.   Then in town for a good hour of SUP and then an hour of SUP yoga on the esplanade.  

Food

24 - Tasty Burger for lunch with a side salad and then a cucumber club sandwich for dinner.  Along with like 2 packages of bacon I think as I cooked 3 before they died and had some leftover bacon(gasp) which was quickly devoured the next day.  

25 - Eggs /w chirizo for breakfast, steak lunch, and then chicken tikka masala Indian dinner with my pops.    Had some leftovers that did not make it through the night.  Kind of like the leftover bacon that had to be put down.   

Weight & Measurements

24  - 146.2

25  - 146.6

Waist at navel - 29" 

Neck - 14"

Navy - 9% body fat

YMCA - 7% body fat

Brain Droppings

I know I am on the way up on weight again, but know its the good stuff that is going back on now, so I am ok with it.   I may never need to go lower and need to start to gain soon.   Noticing the stomach fat is starting to get really thin as the middle row of abs are just barely starting to show themselves when I am in the right position during narcissistic moments as I check myself out in the mirror to see my progress.  hehe    Get to report more pull ups tomorrow as did some of those later in the evening after I got a handstand hankering and had to do a bunch of them at home.   Got some awesome inspiration from a fellow yogi at class that broke out of their comfort bubble to tell me over Facebook that I was an inspiration to them as they have seen me progress in the yoga studio.    Love how inspiration for feeling good and being healthy seems to feed to others and come right back and is cyclical as we feed off of each others progress and accomplishments.    So I did a bunch of handstands feeling inspired and my old man came down with his camera as I has having fun.   So reminder to any and all to hand in there and keep holding on to those goals tight and anything can be accomplished.  

1119910_10151754937258971_343611748_o.jp  

Exercise

24 - My first day out on my paddle board.   This is the start of something amazing and life changing.   If I could find time to do this everyday for the rest of my life I would be down for it.   Being on this puts me in a zen state from the rhythm of the paddle stroke to the waves crashing into the board.  What is not to love about it.   Minus being on the Charles river cause the water is kind of nasty still.  

I know exactly how you feel about being out on your board.  Since I got my board a few week ago, I try to get out as much as possible.  Love it. Love it Love it.

Incredible hand stand picture!  

Very cool about the FB/ friend from yoga. Glad you got a little smile from it.

I'm cheering your progress!!! Doing really great.

Level 1 Druid Sea-Elf

Battle Log:

Day 26 Report

Exercise

Yoga class for hypermobility was such a low turn out she cancelled the class and we did some AcroYoga and other stuff in a park down the street.  Bought the teacher some snacks and coconut water after to get something to her for her time.    She is also my Sci-Fi movie buddy so have to keep that friendship going as she is also a rather awesome human/yoga teacher.  Ran into Karen Fabian which someone posted an article she wrote about yoga  which was cute as I have had her as a teacher and people on this site link her stories from other countries.  hehe.     I got cooked in the sun, but oh well.  Then did 3 hours on my my SUP in the Charles and did more yoga on it as usual.  

Food

Eggs /w chirizo for breakfast and a plantain emplanada with a cinnamon cream cheese filling.   Some slim-jim type thing from Whole Foods Market and an apple for lunch out on the SUP.    And finished up the SUP to do a tasty burger and salad at Mead Hall for the locals that know that great watering hole and the place where the NF meetup on the 4th of July was.  Had a late night snack of a rib eye steak that was lying around. 

Weight & Measurements

Waist at navel - 29" 

Neck - 14"

Navy - 9% body fat

YMCA - 7% body fat

Day 27 Report

Exercise

Did a 5k at lunch.   29:52    New device is tracking the 5k differently, so my time is going up.   I ran it so screw the device and time. hehe

Almost did a free arm balance inversion class courtesy of Lululemon, but OMG I ran another 2 miles that after noon with my roommate who wanted to get some leg work done.   My knees are killing me today, but that was the first time in my life I have ran twice in a day and just knowing I can do it was an invigorating feeling.   Not the best time, but again IDFC as I did it and that's what counts.  

Food

Lunch - a medium cup of broccoli and cheddar soup from Au Bon Pain.  

Dinner - That tasty roast beef crepe mall food.  Then around midnight got hungry and stuff down 2 servings of whole 4% cottage cheese.   Would have been down an extra pound or two, but could feel my body was craving protein for muscle building after a double run day so i was happy to oblige.  

Weight & Measurements

36x24x36   HAHA Only if she is 5'3"! Sorry had to do it.  :-P

Brain Droppings

Amazingly being the geek/nerd that I am, I am rather fashion conscious.   Especially as fall is rolling around and its back to school time, I have to break out the sport coats and blazers again.   I have my Dr. House look down rocking the Diesel jeans, DC sneaks, a collared polo or graphic tee and a brown, blue, or olive sport coat.   Belt color has to match the shoes being about the only male fashion rule there is says my male fashion consultant friend(Can't wait to read her book once she is done).   So I love my sport coats and low and behold Lulu has just come out with looks like a cross between a sport coat and pea coat and looks like its made of sweat pants material or fleece.   HAWTNESS!    And while I did not get the job at Lulu I am kind of glad that I have more time to myself, thought it would have been nice to provide a public service of helping ladies with yoga pants and get paid for it.  

Side geek note, just got tickets to the Boston Symphony Orchestra to Distant Worlds the music of Final Fantasy!!   Nobuo Uematsu is doing a piano solo and so stoked.

And now for my new addition to my reports.  The SotD.

Song of the Day

Day 28 Report

Exercise

Afternoon Yoga was great today.   Got to fly in some Acro after as the teacher likes to show what it looks like for others to hopefully get them to come and join and I am a always willing to fly.   Got to do my first bow pose while up on someones feet which was pretty awesome. 

Food

Lunch - A 1/2 bacon and 1/2 beef patty with blue cheese burger.   I have been enjoying food more lately and eating junk at lunch for sure as I already hit the target weight once and just bouncing around it lately.   

Dinner - Cucumber club sandwich and another full package of bacon after.  

Weight & Measurements

Song of the Day - The lyrics of this one really hit me in the feels.   Like waves of feels.   Think I am going to set this as my power track in my iPod for the last stretch of my runs. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines