• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

abs

#2 - abs is on The Yellow Brick Road

Sjoe okay, Challenge #2 here I come!

My first challenge did not go to plan so this time I'm allowing myself more room for mistakes. Plus there is that small matter of my relocation at around the 5th week mark ... :eek-new::unsure: I really want to hold it together this time and finish strong!

424204_4568898093027_145320317_n.jpg

"Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true..."

Growing up, I've always felt that there was a “better me†and that I was not living to my full potential, but I never bothered too much and always excused my habits by thinking that someday, somewhere over the rainbow, I shall mature into that person.

Well hello, I’m now 20 years old and nothing has changed. Before I know it the sands in my hourglass will have run out, and I’ll be looking back over the years wondering why I didn't seize the day and live with passion... I don’t want that!

With the Big Move to the Land of Aus coming up I've been thinking a lot about opportunities that I've wasted specifically because I didn't think I looked good enough. So I'm working on gaining the self confidence I need by learning the basics of taking care of myself.

MAIN QUEST:

Find my way back to Kansas.

Achieve the trim body that I've “always longed for†(which, ironically, I always had, up until the end of last year). I’m aiming to fit into my jeans from 2012 by the end of this year.

GOALS:

#1 Ward off the Wicked Witch of the West's many attacks.

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to eating well - too much grazing in-between meals!

My diet is healthy, but I must resist the temptation to steal snacks and sneak tasters while cooking. Aiming to mindfully eat all meals off a plate, where possible, and sitting down.

{STR +2} {WIS +1} {CHA +1}

#2 Don’t linger in the field of poppies...

In short: no snooze button, get up immediately.
Does not count weekends.

{STR +1} {STA +2}

#3 Defeat the Witch - melt her!

Drink 5 glasses (each 300ml) of water a day. The more I drink, the easier I will find it to accomplish Goal #1.

{CON +3}

LIFE QUEST:

Dorothy would not have survived without her funny trio of friends. I am challenging myself to make a new friend during these 6 weeks. To do this I will have to put my brain, heart and courage to the test.

{CHA +4} {WIS +1}

the-wizard-of-oz-original_thumb%255B11%2

And now for some motivation from Glinda, the Good Witch:

"You don't need to be helped any longer. You've always had the power."

Grading:
  • Goal #1: A ~ No sneaky snacking, B ~ 1 snack, C ~ 2 snacks, ...
  • Goal #2: A ~ Arose at once, B ~ Lay in bed a few mins, C ~ Pressed snooze once, ...
  • Goal #3: A ~ 5 glasses or more, B ~ 4 glasses, C ~ 3 glasses, ...
**GOALS HAVE CHANGED SEE PG 2**

Abs, you're leaving SA??  *super major sad face* Good luck with the move, i'm here to keep you on your path.  can't wait to see what you have planned.

Abs, you're leaving SA??  *super major sad face* Good luck with the move, i'm here to keep you on your path.  can't wait to see what you have planned.

I knowwww!  :sorrow:  :frown-new:  Ek's baie hartseer!

But my heart is here in SA and one day I WILL be back. 

Thanks hey, appreciate it!

Starting measurements:

Tummy ~   31,6 inches

Waist ~   27,1 inches

Hips ~   36,5 inches

Thigh ~   23,2 inches

Weekly Progress:

to come...

I love the theme of your challenge. =) Good luck with challenge number 2. 

Thank you Dorothy! You look good on my thread, stick around  :playful::)

Now, where are you, Toto?

Okay, I've drawn up weekly goal tables and will be ticking them off day by day. Starting measurements are up top. All ready to get stuck in to this challenge!

Nice, abs. Love the theme to your challenge. You had me giggling and ready to cheer by the time I got to "melt her!" :D Best of luck with your move, and no trading the yellow brick road for the golden arches! ;)

Hehehe glad you enjoyed it, I had fun working it out. Thank you!

Great plan for achieving your goals. Theme is awesome!

Where in AUS (or should I say OZ?) are you headed? I'm in Melbourne and there are rebels all around the place.

Cheers! :pirate:

That's good to know, I'm landing in Brisbane ... any insider information about living Down Under would be much appreciated, I hear it's soooo different to SA! 

Hey!

Loving your challenges ideas and great theme.

I agree on the snooze thing - why is getting out of bed sooo hard??

You mention one of your goals is to make a new friend - take it that on here doesn't count :P did you have any particular ideas for starting work on that e.g. joining a new club/society/group for something you are interested in? Waht kind of stuff do you like doing?

Good luck with the challenge!

Hey!

Loving your challenges ideas and great theme.

I agree on the snooze thing - why is getting out of bed sooo hard??

You mention one of your goals is to make a new friend - take it that on here doesn't count :P did you have any particular ideas for starting work on that e.g. joining a new club/society/group for something you are interested in? Waht kind of stuff do you like doing?

Good luck with the challenge!

Hey yourself! Thank you :)

No, I guess online buddies don't count (were you offering? :P hehehe). Good question, I've kind of been leaving that to when I move, near the end of the challenge. I live in a very small town so not much chance of making a new friend here. Moving to a city opens up a whole range of new activities to try out, and I love new things. Skydiving, rock climbing, I want to do it all! Also, I'm thrilled to be so close to a rugby stadium :D

From memory there used to be some great climbing on the cliffs near the river but after the recent floods I'm not sure if they are still in use. Climbing is a great way to meet new people. You should have no probs with that part of the goal.

Hey yourself! Thank you :)

No, I guess online buddies don't count (were you offering? :tongue: hehehe). Good question, I've kind of been leaving that to when I move, near the end of the challenge. I live in a very small town so not much chance of making a new friend here. Moving to a city opens up a whole range of new activities to try out, and I love new things. Skydiving, rock climbing, I want to do it all! Also, I'm thrilled to be so close to a rugby stadium :D

Living close to a rugby stadium is not all it's cracked up to be :P  My mum lives opposite Newlands Cricket Grounds and i had to move rooms cos our house is totes illuminated til all the lights go out and on Rugby nights, the drunken louts are around til stupid o'clock too (not to mention the traffic).  Good luck though :)

Living close to a rugby stadium is not all it's cracked up to be :tongue:  My mum lives opposite Newlands Cricket Grounds and i had to move rooms cos our house is totes illuminated til all the lights go out and on Rugby nights, the drunken louts are around til stupid o'clock too (not to mention the traffic).  Good luck though :)

Haha when I say close I mean within 30 mins drive, as opposed to 4 hours.. Shame that's unlucky!

By the way, your paleo blog is fab! I've bookmarked your pap and wors recipe to try when I get homesick and can't find mieliemeal  :peaceful:

Welcome back abs! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your challenge and love the Wizard of Oz theme :D

Hey DFTBAmanda, thanks! :)

I see you're with the Assassins now. Awesome! I'll be there too one day..

Saving this spot for Day 1 and 2 reports (eek!) [Edit]: actually no, I will do weekly reports.

I'm gonna hafta start a Battle Log to keep abs on track. She's a weak-willed lazy bum, joh.

WOW! Big move abs!!!! Good luck! 

Love the theme :) Seems perfect for this moment of transition in your life, too. 

NO SNOOZE FTW! It gets easier. Promise. The key is to try to actually go to bed at a reasonable hour AND to have something you want to do when you wake up! For me, oddly, exercising worked. But I imagine an automatic coffee maker would've done the trick too ;)

Haha when I say close I mean within 30 mins drive, as opposed to 4 hours.. Shame that's unlucky!

By the way, your paleo blog is fab! I've bookmarked your pap and wors recipe to try when I get homesick and can't find mieliemeal  :peaceful:

thanks, i promise to keep it updated with other saffer things so that if you miss home you can make them :)  I hate mieliemeal (and most pap of any kind - including maltabela (sp?)) so this was perfect for me.  Do you have any local recipes that you really love, that you'd like me to attempt paleofying for you?

Saving this spot for Day 1 and 2 reports (eek!) [Edit]: actually no, I will do weekly reports.

I'm gonna hafta start a Battle Log to keep abs on track. She's a weak-willed lazy bum, joh.

weak willed, my ass!  You're here and you're frigging awesome. 

WOW! Big move abs!!!! Good luck! 

Love the theme :) Seems perfect for this moment of transition in your life, too. 

NO SNOOZE FTW! It gets easier. Promise. The key is to try to actually go to bed at a reasonable hour AND to have something you want to do when you wake up! For me, oddly, exercising worked. But I imagine an automatic coffee maker would've done the trick too ;)

Thank you :) it's all happening so quickly now! Selling all our excess furniture and stuff today..

I haven't done very well with my no snooze goal so far. Like you say, it would help if I was in bed earlier!

thanks, i promise to keep it updated with other saffer things so that if you miss home you can make them :)  I hate mieliemeal (and most pap of any kind - including maltabela (sp?)) so this was perfect for me.  Do you have any local recipes that you really love, that you'd like me to attempt paleofying for you?

That would be great, I'll keep an eye on it :) and will send you recipe requests when I crave something lekker from home. Have you tried making bunny chows? I want to try making Paleo bread but you will most likely have better results (I'm still a bit of a disaster in the kitchen hehe).

I grew up on Maltabella! Ghastly stuff. Pronutro too.

Thanks for keeping me accountable, guys! I appreciate every bit of support!