• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

abs

#2 - abs is on The Yellow Brick Road

Yep it looks great, loving your new hair! I used to have long hair as well, one day I won a hair cut voucher for some nice salon ans got it all chopped off, it's gotten progressively shorter since!

Abs, it's great to see you back......sorry it has taken me so long to catch up with you on this challenge.

#1 Eat EVERYTHING off a plate, in plain view.
This includes tasters when cooking! As I've mentioned before, comfort eating is my biggest vice. I want to kick the habit by taking notice of what I'm eating instead of just stuffing any kind of edible matter in my mouth when I feel blue.

#2 Limit "bad carbs" to ONE serving per day.
(i.e. half a slice of bread, OR a small helping rice, OR one muffin, OR a rusk, OR a biscuit ...)

#3 Take a Nature Break each day.
Spend some time outside, just letting my thoughts go. I need this because I've been allowing myself to become too stressed which in turn is undermining all my motivation and willpower.

Adapt and overcome......great re-evaluation of your goals.  Being in your own way is definitly a modivation killer, I love the fact that you are stepping out to clear your head and refocus.

And jealous of the hot spring spa break have a fantastic time you lucky thing :)

Ditto on the jealousy

Had my long hair cut off today, it feels absolutely fantastic! It's as if the long hair was hiding my personality.. I immediately feel vivacious and confident, which is all helping me progress towards achieving my life quest for this challenge  :encouragement:

Who is this new sassy pixie we have here?!?!?! :playful:   New haircut looks great!  I will be subbing to keep up with your progress.

Loving the hair and glad to see you back :)

In answer to your question, at the moment I don't yet have anywhere can go to think. I moved into a new flat just before this challenge started so still getting use to the area! At home I used to go sit in this spot where there is a bridge across the river in a really secluded place so you could sit on the bridge without anyone seeing you because of all the trees and bushes and just watch the water. When I lived near Hyde Park in London I used to find a quiet spot there but it's not quite the same as there are always loads of people there. Or sometimes I would go sit in a church, even though I am not super religious, as I love the peaceful atmosphere inside. I do prefer being surrounded by nature though!

Good luck for this week and hope it's going well.

Great update. Setbacks happen, just enjoy and learn from it. 

Great haircut also. I am trying to grow out my hair so I can feel more like myself. I got it cut and wasn't too impressed, so I'm growing it way long to see how I feel about it. 

Wow these days have gone fast! I've popped into an internet cafe to update quickly...

Still can't believe I'm flying out in 3 days!!

Abs, it's great to see you back......sorry it has taken me so long to catch up with you on this challenge.

Adapt and overcome......great re-evaluation of your goals.  Being in your own way is definitly a modivation killer, I love the fact that you are stepping out to clear your head and refocus.

Ditto on the jealousy

Who is this new sassy pixie we have here?!?!?! :playful:   New haircut looks great!  I will be subbing to keep up with your progress.

Thanks for your support Mitch! and the compliment :)

Loving the hair and glad to see you back :)

In answer to your question, at the moment I don't yet have anywhere can go to think. I moved into a new flat just before this challenge started so still getting use to the area! At home I used to go sit in this spot where there is a bridge across the river in a really secluded place so you could sit on the bridge without anyone seeing you because of all the trees and bushes and just watch the water. When I lived near Hyde Park in London I used to find a quiet spot there but it's not quite the same as there are always loads of people there. Or sometimes I would go sit in a church, even though I am not super religious, as I love the peaceful atmosphere inside. I do prefer being surrounded by nature though!

Good luck for this week and hope it's going well.

Thanks Gypsy!

Well for me the fun part of moving is finding new places to call your own... but sometimes a candlelit bath works just as well to get thoughts flowing :peaceful:

Great update. Setbacks happen, just enjoy and learn from it. 

Great haircut also. I am trying to grow out my hair so I can feel more like myself. I got it cut and wasn't too impressed, so I'm growing it way long to see how I feel about it. 

Thank you :) amazing how a GOOD haircut can make you feel like a million bucks hey? Good luck with growing your hair, I know how tough that can be.

REPORTS:

WEEK 3:
Goal #1 ~ C  Made more of an effort than the last week, but not really good enogh.
Goal #2 ~ D  Our house was upside down, so bread was often part of the meals. Not an excuse, but there it is.
Goal #3 ~ A  Made sure I spent time to rest and collect my thoughts, although not always outside

WEEK 4:
Goal #1 ~ D  See next line
Goal #2 ~ D  Went on an "Eat all the lekker South African food while you still can" splurge (not a binge, note)
Goal #3 ~ A*  No problems here. Spent hours and hours out in the veld this week, hiking and drinking in the countryside.

Good luck with the move, and can't wait to hear your updates about how it went.

Bet you will be busy sorting everything out though so will understand if we have to wait a bit!

I can't wait to hear all these inevitable fish out of water stories! You're going to have so much fun moving so far away, but I know right now it's pretty hectic. I think you're doing swimmingly for how much you have on your plate :)

If i'm not mistaken today is your last day as a South African resident.  I will wish you all the best on behalf of all the Saffers who remain behind and will honestly say that Safferland is a duller place without your bright sunshine in it.  On the positive I still get to enjoy it here on NF :)

PS.  Don't forget to have a Bobotie and a Koeksister before you leave!! :P

First off, thanks for all you guys' support and understanding!!

I can't believe I've been in Brisbane for a week and two days already! The time has just galloped away.. I guess because I've had so much to do. These last days I've managed to find us a good suburb to live in, a gorgeous house to rent, and schools for my brother and sisters. Very happy with that. Now I can start looking for a job, and think about what I want to study next year.

Blaidd, I didn't eat koeksisters, but plenty of bobotie, Karoo lamb curry, biltong, droewors, melktert, peppermint crisp tart, Nik Naks, Simba chips, ... all the lovely SA food that I shall have to survive without, sniff :'( ... until I start making it myself! :D

As for feeling like a fish out of water.. Yes, very much so! I'm used to Cape Town's crazy streets, not these ultra safe ones with special robots for the pedestrians at EVERY zebra crossing, which emit a beeping noise when you are permitted to cross. I should stop jaywalking I suppose, but hey when it's safe to cross, it's safe to cross! No need to wait for the road to empty first.

(With that said, they are a very good concept for school kids etc, no disrespect meant, Aussies )

The difference in the cost of living is rather a shock to the system. I have to stop converting to Rands, or I will not buy anything! Food is double the price, and transport is triple, eish! But everything is relative - the salaries are higher here, with less of a range in the sizes of pay checks.

Anyhow, onto the main point of my post... my Challenge Summary , but first my weeks 5&6 roundup:

Goal #1: D, A

Goal #2: C, B

Goal#3: C, A

I really cleaned up my act in the last week! I've been walking for 30mins minimum every day, started yoga too so doing that daily, drinking a lot of water, eating very healthily and generally keeping a positive outlook on life. Yay!

(Mini accomplishment - I weighed myself for the first time since Feb this year and saw that I've lost 10 pounds! I dont like to judge progress by weight, but it was good motivation to stick on the path of healthiness.)

The Challenge:

I think overall I did ok, considering the circumstances. It was rather foolish to set those goals, when I knew that my life was going to be turned upside down... but that's typical abs for you.

Goal #1

First week: {No sneaky snacking} ~ D.

Next 5 weeks: {Eat everything off a plate} ~ D, C, D, D, A

Average ~ D

Goal #2

First week: {No snooze button} ~ C.

Next 5 weeks: {Only one serving "bad" carbs a day} ~ C, D, D, C, B

Average: C

Goal #3

First week: {Drink 5 glasses water a day} ~ C.

Next 5 weeks: {Take a Nature break each day} ~ A, A, A, C, A

Average: A

Life Quest ~ {Make a friend} ~ I did not make a friend, but my confidence has zoomed higher, I am becoming an expert at squashing negative thoughts, and because of this have become a much friendlier person and made a few new acquaintances already! I would award myself 75% for the goal, but count it as 100% success, progress-wise.

I kind of messed up on the points scoring, so I'll skip that this time.

Now I've got to dash - things to do, places to visit, people to meet - but I'll pop over to your threads later to read all your successes! :D :D :D

Haha. Simba! Yes I often get requests for niknaks and mrs balls chutney in our care packages. Oh and cream soda and zoo biscuits :) funny we have those traffic lights in the CBD too. As a matter of fact I live above one such light and in the winter I can actually hear that darn beeping from all the way up here! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your time there :)

You didn't do too badly this challenge considering everything going on in your life. Good luck and we hope to see you next challenge.

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey thanks everyone for your input!

I'm not taking part (online) in the new challenge, but that doesn't mean I'm slacking off!

I wish you all great success with your new goals!