• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

abs

#2 - abs is on The Yellow Brick Road

That would be great, I'll keep an eye on it :) and will send you recipe requests when I crave something lekker from home. Have you tried making bunny chows? I want to try making Paleo bread but you will most likely have better results (I'm still a bit of a disaster in the kitchen hehe).

I grew up on Maltabella! Ghastly stuff. Pronutro too.

Thanks for keeping me accountable, guys! I appreciate every bit of support!

i don't mind pronutro - it's the easiest way for me to get my protein powder down in winter months (in summer i drink it with smoothies).

I haven't made a paleo bread yet, but i do make something called oopsie bread (which is like a pita but only primal).  It was a a great mistake stumble and goes with tons of things. I'll look into a bread recipe and let you know how i come along, once i've found it :)

Exciting getting ready for the move right! Bet it's a lot of work and will be a little stressful too so keep at it :)

And wow sky diving and everything sounds a lot of fun. I have always wanted to do that! Keep me updated when you eventually get onto it I would love to hear what it's actually like!

i don't mind pronutro - it's the easiest way for me to get my protein powder down in winter months (in summer i drink it with smoothies).

I haven't made a paleo bread yet, but i do make something called oopsie bread (which is like a pita but only primal).  It was a a great mistake stumble and goes with tons of things. I'll look into a bread recipe and let you know how i come along, once i've found it :)

Ahaha well each to his own :)

That would really nice, thank you! Sometimes the best recipes come from mistakes..

Exciting getting ready for the move right! Bet it's a lot of work and will be a little stressful too so keep at it :)

And wow sky diving and everything sounds a lot of fun. I have always wanted to do that! Keep me updated when you eventually get onto it I would love to hear what it's actually like!

Yes, very exciting on the one hand and very sad on the other! Can't believe I'm leaving this beautiful country in just 28 days..

Yup I'm not pushing myself too hard with my goals, don't want to burn out, but I haven't done too badly.. will post a weekly update on the weekend. Thanks for your support! I will definitely keep you updated on the skydiving and stuff :)

WEEK 1 REPORT:

Goal #1 ~ D

Goal #2 ~ C

Goal #3 ~ C

I've decided to change my 3 goals. Not sure if this is in keeping with the Challenge rules but the new ones will (hopefully) be of more help in levelling up my life, which is what NF is all about, right?

In any case, here they are:

#1 Eat EVERYTHING off a plate, in plain view.

This includes tasters when cooking! As I've mentioned before, comfort eating is my biggest vice. I want to kick the habit by taking notice of what I'm eating instead of just stuffing any kind of edible matter in my mouth when I feel blue.

#2 Limit "bad carbs" to ONE serving per day.

(i.e. half a slice of bread, OR a small helping rice, OR one muffin, OR a rusk, OR a biscuit ...)

#3 Take a Nature Break each day.

Spend some time outside, just letting my thoughts go. I need this because I've been allowing myself to become too stressed which in turn is undermining all my motivation and willpower.

I'll add the new grading methods later.

Looking forward to tomorrow, because I'm heading off to spend a week with my family at a hot water spring spa! :D

Good stress-busting plan, ma and pa :)

Spa trip sounds lovely, hope you have a good time! Hope it helps to change your goals up and you are making small steps not giant leaps, hope you  fell more on track after your trip.

Spa trip sounds lovely, hope you have a good time! Hope it helps to change your goals up and you are making small steps not giant leaps, hope you  fell more on track after your trip.

Thanks KingL :) I think the break is just what I will need to get back on track! Ja the other goals were not "gelling".. so rather a plan change than failure, hey?

Hey Abs, saw you on the paleo/primal thread. I think your goals are great. I'm like that too, I get into the challenge and go "wait, is this really going to help?" As far as I've learned, sticking to the goal, even if it seems daunting or difficult or not even that relevant hell even easy, will help you. I started tracking calories and had to go through an adjustment to figure out if it's right for me, but even if I struggle I'm going to keep doing it and just document my progress. 

I think you know where you want to work on yourself, so it's great that you're tailoring the goals to help. Snacking was a big issue for me too, but now I know when I like to snack (right after work is done but way before dinner) so I try to snack paleo instead of anything. It's not easy but it can be done. Also the water goal will help. I try to drink when I feel hungry because maybe I'm thirsty and reach for a vegetable or something small instead of carbs. The carb goal is great too because it definitely is hard to kick those. 

Good luck!

Yeah, drinking water should help with snacking too.

I like the nature break.  Sort of why i do my workouts in the back yard.  Just getting out there helps sometimes.

Love the nature break idea too! I find that focussing on the beauty all around rather than just walking by without really seeing is so great for gaining a bit of perspective, and problems that seemed insurmountable  feel smaller and more easily fixed. Do you have a garden or park nearby that you like to take your breaks in?

And jealous of the hot spring spa break have a fantastic time you lucky thing :)

The carb thing will definitely help you out, I found when I cut back my carbs and started eating more nutritionally substantial food it was like a fog had been lifted and my stomach was very thankful.

Wise move to rethink when something isn't working and I love the idea of nature breaks. I miss it on the days I don't walk my puppy in the park - walking on the road just isn't the same.

Hey all I'm back from a fantastically relaxing break, will update when I have a minute (and go check out how you are doing with your challenges as well), just wanted to let you know that I haven't disappeared again like last time haha. Gotta get some sleep now, the movers are coming tomorrow to catalogue all our stuff so busy days ahead!

Thanks for every message!

Hey Abs, saw you on the paleo/primal thread. I think your goals are great. I'm like that too, I get into the challenge and go "wait, is this really going to help?" As far as I've learned, sticking to the goal, even if it seems daunting or difficult or not even that relevant hell even easy, will help you. I started tracking calories and had to go through an adjustment to figure out if it's right for me, but even if I struggle I'm going to keep doing it and just document my progress. 

I think you know where you want to work on yourself, so it's great that you're tailoring the goals to help. Snacking was a big issue for me too, but now I know when I like to snack (right after work is done but way before dinner) so I try to snack paleo instead of anything. It's not easy but it can be done. Also the water goal will help. I try to drink when I feel hungry because maybe I'm thirsty and reach for a vegetable or something small instead of carbs. The carb goal is great too because it definitely is hard to kick those. 

Good luck!

Hey thanks for stopping by! You're right, got to stick to it, and I appreciate you keeping me on track because I really felt like throwing in the towel today. I mustn't let that happen!

Yeah, drinking water should help with snacking too.

I like the nature break.  Sort of why i do my workouts in the back yard.  Just getting out there helps sometimes.

My favourite gym! :)

Love the nature break idea too! I find that focussing on the beauty all around rather than just walking by without really seeing is so great for gaining a bit of perspective, and problems that seemed insurmountable  feel smaller and more easily fixed. Do you have a garden or park nearby that you like to take your breaks in?

And jealous of the hot spring spa break have a fantastic time you lucky thing :)

So very true. When I'm feeling fed up with the mundanity of life I climb the koppie (rocky hill) behind our town. Sitting perched on the highest rock, with all the little houses stretched out before me, the dusty veld behind me and an awesome 360 degree view somehow "grounds" me, and I walk home humbled, my zest for life renewed. Where do you go when you need to think?

The carb thing will definitely help you out, I found when I cut back my carbs and started eating more nutritionally substantial food it was like a fog had been lifted and my stomach was very thankful.

I neeeeed to cut down on carrrrrbs! I'm getting there...

I like your new goals Abs! Very wise to rethink your strategy!

How's it going in Week 2???

Thank you! Week Two? Eish it has not gone to plan, report to follow...

Wise move to rethink when something isn't working and I love the idea of nature breaks. I miss it on the days I don't walk my puppy in the park - walking on the road just isn't the same.

Ahh what kind of puppy do you have?

How are things going Abs, hope you are well!

Hi thanks for checking in! Not too good from my side, report below..

Moving day.  Sounds like it will be busy!

Jah it was busy, but that was just the movers making a list of all our worldly goods. The actual packing takes them 2 - 3 days, they say.

WEEK 2 REPORT:

Goal #1 ~ D Did not hold back. Whatever I wanted,I ate.

Goal #2 ~ C Well it was a holiday, couldn't refuse every single treat.

Goal #3 ~ A* Spent hours outside everyday, even when it was pouring with rain. Heated outdoors pool!

I'm letting the stress of the move get to me. Heck life is too short to waste feeling miserable. I'm going to make a concerted effort to be more optimistic about the whole thing, and take better care of myself.

WEEK 2 REPORT:

Goal #1 ~ D Did not hold back. Whatever I wanted,I ate.

Goal #2 ~ C Well it was a holiday, couldn't refuse every single treat.

Goal #3 ~ A* Spent hours outside everyday, even when it was pouring with rain. Heated outdoors pool!

I'm letting the stress of the move get to me. Heck life is too short to waste feeling miserable. I'm going to make a concerted effort to be more optimistic about the whole thing, and take better care of myself.

We're you in Goudini? Sounds like bliss. Not an entirely good week buuuut not an entirely bad one either. Have a great week 3

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're you in Goudini? Sounds like bliss. Not an entirely good week buuuut not an entirely bad one either. Have a great week 3

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

No we were at Warmwaterberg.. not as fancy as Goudini but just what I needed!

Thanks hey  :positive:

Hey you were on holiday, I would have done exactly the same thing, you can get back on track no doubt!

Hahaha yesss...still, could have done better. But thank you!

Had my long hair cut off today, it feels absolutely fantastic! It's as if the long hair was hiding my personality.. I immediately feel vivacious and confident, which is all helping me progress towards achieving my life quest for this challenge  :encouragement:

Had my long hair cut off today, it feels absolutely fantastic! It's as if the long hair was hiding my personality.. I immediately feel vivacious and confident, which is all helping me progress towards achieving my life quest for this challenge  :encouragement:

Hey, it looks great :)  Even better if it makes you feel that way too :)