• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bubbette

Bubbette Brings It on Again!! Challenge #2

My quest is to lose 100 lbs. I know that sounds terribly impossible, but what you might not know is that I've already lost 73 lbs. So I only have 27 more pounds to go. Realistically I know it's not possible to lose that much in 6 weeks either, but during the last challenge I did lose 8lbs., so I figure it's totally possible to lose 5-10 lbs. more would be great, but I'll be happy with that.

To succeed in my quest I will:

Complete one Zombies, run 5K training workout 3 or 4 times a week.

Walk 20 minutes 3-4 days a week.

Do a body weight workout twice every week.

I will also continue to track my food on Loseit.com honestly.

My life quest for this challenge is to work on my posture. I have let my posture go to crap lately and find myself slumping more and more. Slumping and slouching does not help me look like I've lost as much weight as I have. Plus, standing up straight helps promote self confidence and helps others take me more seriously.

So, why is my quest to lose 100 lbs.? To prove to myself and others around me that it is possible to lose that much (and more) through diet and exercise alone. Weight loss surgery is not the only option for morbidly obese to lose weight. I'm not bashing weight loss surgery, though. It is a powerful tool, it's just not the tool for me.

I've been losing weight since November of 2011. I was 343 lbs. I'm currently 270. I haven't cut anything out, I've simply become more mindful. Well, I say simply. There hasn't been anything simple about it. It's been so hard, but I take it day by day.

Good Luck to all!

Your starting weight isn't too far from where I am now, it's good to know it can be done.

The challenges look good (and everyone seems to love ZombieRun besides me:) ), good luck with your challenge.

I Juuuuust realized i posted to your last challenge. duurrr.

Anyway, I love your Quest!  It's not crazy, you set your mind to it and you've got it!

Even though the challenge hasn't officially started, I've been trying to go forward this week with the attitude that it's already going on. If nothing else, I figure it will help me get my mind in the right place.

I took Wednesday as a rest day mainly because Tuesday I fell during my walk and I was hurting. Thursday I walked for 20-25 minutes and did some weighted arm exercises. I also logged all of my food for the day. Friday I didn't have a walk, but I tried to be as active as possible while I was at work. I also logged all of my food for the day. This morning I got up early and walked for about 35 minutes at a pretty fast pace for me. Came back home and made breakfast. A little while ago I had a fantastic salad that I made (black beans, green peppers, red peppers, onion, tomato, broccoli slaw, a little ranch dressing and some hot sauce). And then I ruined it by having a short binge on potato chips. WHY!? Why would I do that to myself? I know better than that dammit! It's over now though and while I can't change it, I can make better choices the rest of the day. It could have been way worse.

Tomorrow I need to go to the grocery store so I can have some good breakfast options and fruit and veggies for the upcoming week.

I got on the scale this morning and I had lost 2 more pounds for a total of 75 lbs. My starting weight for this challenge is 268. I also went grocery shopping this morning. I got lots of fruit and veggies and lean meats. I've started noticing lately that my food choices are becoming more and more clean. It's not perfect by any means, but a lot better than it once was.

My workout schedule for this week will be:

Zombies, Run- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday

Body weight routine- Tuesday, Thursday

20 minute walk- Tuesday, Thursday

This week for dinner I'm planning on making:

Tonight- pork steaks with green beans and baby potatoes

Monday- beef and bean burritos(sans tortilla for me) with broccoli slaw and tomatoes

Tuesday: baked chicken thighs with corn on the cob

Wednesday- broiled tilapia and marinated veggies

Thursday- bool kogi with brown rice and broccoli

Friday- not sure

Saturday- not sure.

Breakfasts will either be Greek yogurt with chia seeds and a piece of fruit or a multigrain waffle and a piece of fruit. Lunches will be a salad of some sort with either black beans, boiled eggs or grilled chicken for protein. Snacks will be a piece of fruit and a 100 calorie snack pack of almonds.

I'm hoping that by writing down my plan I will be more likely to follow through.

I have been a slack ass. I did ok last week, but I just lacked any and all motivation to do diddly squat. I didn't run, I didn't walk, I didn't do my body weight exercises, I didn't track my food...I've been doing better this week. Even though I didn't do well with the challenge last week, food wise i didn't do too badly.

Friday my husband and I went to a football game in Charlotte, NC. We walked a ton! 2.5 miles. Then on Sunday we went walking and I walked about another 2.5 miles. Saturday we went out and I tried on clothes at Lane Bryant. I am happy to report that I tried on and was able to fit into pants a size smaller than I had been wearing. Tonight after I got home from work I tried on a couple pairs of pants that were the same size as I tried on. They fit too which is a pretty recent development. I tried them on about a month or so ago and they were still too tight to be comfortable.

I have to remember to weigh myself this weekend. The weekend before last I chose not to weigh myself, but this past weekend, I forgot to do it before I went for my walk. I'm hoping that I see good results.

Was just having a wee read through your thread? How are things going? Hope that you are well glad to hear about your weight loss keep it up, small steps and you will get there :)