MissMormie is keeping it simple

MissMormie

4 goals? Who needs 4 goals?! Not me, nope. I need small, simple and achievable goals, so that's what I'm aiming for.

Main quest

Be and feel mentally and physically healthy. 

Run mormel run 

Currently I'm at 5k with my running with a fastest time of 35:10. A Runkeeper training schedule should slowly get me up to 10k. My goal for this challenge is to improve time/and or distance. If that does not happen I can still score points for having done runs. Any week with 2 or more runs scores. On a day to day basis I want to stick to the schedule as well as health allows. 

Be proud of myself

Write down something every day I've done that I'm proud of (or at least something I should be proud of). This can be big or small but writing down is the goal.

That's it for this challenge, less is more :)

edited for readability

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Be proud of myself Write down something every day I've done that I'm proud of (or at least something I should be proud of). This can be big or small but writing down is the goal. 

This is wonderful!

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Welcome back Mormie!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

That's the way to keep it simple - and I hope this challenge will be free from the curve balls of the last one. Cheering you on to challenge success!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :)

The challenge hasn't started yet, but I have one thing I'm really proud of. Last Thursday I went for a run while it was the hottest day we've had in the last 5 years here. I made a plan to stick to a single stretch of road with shade and just run back and forth a few times. The total distance would probably be a little less than my normal lap would be. When I came to the end of that stretch of round I figured I was feeling fine and could just as well do my normal lap and get the extra half mile in. But I didn't . I stuck to the plan and I managed to run the distance that I wanted to. 

Normally I always edit my plan when it seems I can make the goal to challenge myself. The downside of this is that I never finish my final goal, I'm always left feeling like I couldn't make it. This time I stuck to the plan and felt good coming back from that run :) 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

When I came to the end of that stretch of round I figured I was feeling fine and could just as well do my normal lap and get the extra half mile in. But I didn't . I stuck to the plan and I managed to run the distance that I wanted to. 

Good for you!

I'm absolutely like you.  I always want to push myself too much, but end up not being able to succeed and I feel bad about it.  

Here's to sticking to the plan!   :victorious:

Sysydo, Lady of the brook

September-October's no challenge Nerd Fitness New Sysydo

Big dreams come in little steps. Whenever you get overwhelmed with the big picture, sit down, take a deep breath and plan the next step. At times, it’s not a graceful step, sometimes it’s not a straight step, but it’ll get you foreward and over a tough hurdle one step at a time.†—Polly Letofsky

Yep - you're doing what you set out to do. And on a hot day too. Nice pre-challenge warm-up!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Good for you!

I'm absolutely like you.  I always want to push myself too much, but end up not being able to succeed and I feel bad about it.  

Here's to sticking to the plan!   :victorious:

It's just too tempting to up those goals half way through. But yeah, sticking to the plan rules! 

Yesterday I went to a wedding and a friend who was there as well went to the hairdresser before so her hair looked great. Unfortunately she selected some clothes that just didn't work for her. Which is a shame because she's like the perfect size and shape and can wear basically everything as long as it's her size. Unfortunately almost all clothes she has are too large or too.. barnlike? She could look amazing but the clothes hide that.

The wedding was an afternoon thing only so after we went back to my place for some drinks. While there I've (nicely) asked her to come and try on some things. In the end we've spent about 3 hours putting every dress in my closet on her (and I've got lots). Her boyfriend has been trying to get her into a dress for some time now sat there the whole evening with the biggest smile ever on his face.

By the end of the evening she was convinced that she could wear a dress and that perhaps changing around her wardrobe a bit might be good. Especially as she's trying to find a job and a professional look can really help. So, today we're going shopping :) I'm proud of myself for helping her see how good she looks. 

Included in all my dress is this fantastic gala dress, one shoulder, silver, very sparkly, could fit in any fairytale. So I totally staged her 'slow-motion' entrance for that dress. I'm kinda sad to say it looks better on her than it did on me, but wow, she looked amazing! 

Your story reminds me why my husband is my best asset when I go shopping for clothes.  I have a tendency to be too conservative and he helps me have a funny, younger look  :rapture:

Big dreams come in little steps. Whenever you get overwhelmed with the big picture, sit down, take a deep breath and plan the next step. At times, it’s not a graceful step, sometimes it’s not a straight step, but it’ll get you foreward and over a tough hurdle one step at a time.†—Polly Letofsky

Your story reminds me why my husband is my best asset when I go shopping for clothes.  I have a tendency to be too conservative and he helps me have a funny, younger look  :rapture:

The same things happens with me :) I tend to go for really businesslike stuff because that's easy in the morning. My bf keeps reminding me that in the weekends I get to be fun as well.

---

Monday: I’m proud I went to the dentist yesterday. That always freaks me out, but I went anyway, and everything was fine. I even made the next appointment already so no putting off making an appointment.

I’m also proud that at my bodypump class yesterday I followed my own plan. I apparently have weak legs. The instructor keeps saying that your squat weight should be your heaviest weight. Well, if I do that I either a) break. To the point of where I can’t stand on my legs anymore to do any other type of exercise for the next 50 minutes of class. Or b ) Do every exercise without weight. So ha! I do squats purely with bodyweight and I fumble through lunges again without weights. But whether you like it or not I’m piling up discs for my deadlift and clean and press. And I don’t care how often the instructor comes and tells me to do less back and more legs. (No I’m not skipping leg days, my legs hurt more the next day than anything else.) My back is doing what it can and so are my legs. I’m a unique snowflake, deal with it ;)

Tuesday: I'm proud of not breaking down completely. Today I had a meeting at work to discuss how reintegration is going. I guess I had myself fooled that things were moving in the right direction. But basically the message was "We don't expect you will be able to do your own job again, so we encourage you to look for something else". Also known as a nice way to say "you're fired". Great. Of course they came a lot of "don't feel bad, just see how much you have improved over the last few months". Or you'll get stronger from going through something like this. The next person that says this will lose his head. Fuck you. I'm not stronger, I'm weaker, mentally, emotionally, physically. I'm more prone to sickness, i'm wildly unstable. I'm not stronger. I might find a different route to take in my life, but that does not make me stronger, that just makes it necessary to go around the stuff you need to be strong for. 

So, I cried a bit, but I remained relatively open and communicative. I could've completely broke down. But I didn't. Which is good. 

I'm proud of deciding to take my medication (even if it is with a glass of alcohol).

My thoughts were going like this: if my mind is failing at doing my job and my medication messes with my head stopping should allow me to keep my job.

Yeah right. Last month i was completely broken down because the level of my meds was too low. Like stopping is going to make things better. But if feels so bad to have to choose between feeling bad and unemployed because I can't think right or feeling bad and being unemployed because I'm depressed.

I just want to feel like my old self again and be normal.

--

On the bright side I've also gone for a good long run today, picking up lots of supplies for my base in Abel.

I'm sorry you are going through that.  Finding that sweet spot with meds is so rough.  It's been a pretty intense roller coaster for me over the last several year, and I still haven't figured out what combination of things all works best for me (activity, diet, what amount of support I need, and what my med levels ought to be...).  Really big hugs, and a huge smack on the lips for finding something to congratulate yourself for.

<3

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

I'm sorry you are going through that.  Finding that sweet spot with meds is so rough.  It's been a pretty intense roller coaster for me over the last several year, and I still haven't figured out what combination of things all works best for me (activity, diet, what amount of support I need, and what my med levels ought to be...).  Really big hugs, and a huge smack on the lips for finding something to congratulate yourself for.

<3

Aww, you made me cry a good tear :)

edit -> might? no, made 

Today I'm proud of ... 

accepting that my job is gone. I still don't like it, but I know this is better for me. With my current mental state I'm not able to do the job and by continuously striving to do something I can't I'm not helping myself. I've just been setting myself up for failure.

Time for a new plan. 

I'm sorry to hear about your job situation.  

Good for you for accepting the situation.  The fastest you are able to do that, the fastest go can make your next move.

I hope you are able to find a way soon to balance what you have to do (work, money, etc.) with being able to mend yourself. 

{{Big hugs } :cheerful:  :angel:  :encouragement:  :courage:  (be careful not to overdose on the smileys)

Thanks Sysydo, and no risk of overdosing on smileys, I love those things!

I'm proud of giving my boss a call today to ask for further feedback. Some things she said made sense before but not everything seemed right. So next week we'll talk about it some more. It was scary making that call but I did it.

It's funny but just writing these things down over the last few days help me to stop and think about things that went good. Things that I did good. Never would have expected that to have a good effect so fast.

---

Mostly unrelated but I ordered a foam roller last week that came in a few days ago. Most muscles were fine but it felt like my calves were made up of knots that were made out of more knots. So after rolling those out for a few days I went for a run tonight and WOW what a difference. No cramps to start with but just the way my legs felt was so much better. Or more accurately most of the time I just didn't feel my legs instead of them complaining all the way through. Is this how running is meant to feel?! Just wait until I get the rest of those knots out of my calves! WOW!!

Yesterday (Saturday) I was proud of going for a long walk with my boyfriend. We do this occasionally but we could definitely do this more often as we both like it. And most of the time we go to the park 500m from here to spot storks.But not yesterday, we went to a an area not to far from here and followed farmer trails. (Now don't picture any hills or anything like height difference, this is the lowlands.) It was actually a really nice walk even tough we missed a turn somewhere.  Besides, doing anything with the boyfriend is great ;)

I did sort of forgot to use sunscreen. Well, not sort of, but completely and totally forgot so I'm tender and crisp today to the point of blisters *auwtsj* 

DSC00215_zps3250fc77.jpg DSC00221_zps9165495c.jpg

Today I'm proud at myself for not getting (visibly) mad at my sister. We did a color run 5k together and she promised she had train. Sure 5k was too much but she figured she'd be ok for the first 3k.

First of there were so many people there was a queue to get to the start area of about 90 minutes. This is after you hand in your drink and sun lotion. So i checked with my sis if she didn't need anything to drink or eat before as it would easily take two hours before we were back. She said she was fine. Until about an hour queueing later. Yeah i haven't actually eaten anything yet today... So can we go back pick up our stuff eat something and get back in the queue? Wasnt happy about that but not really a choice. So back we went, ate something snd got back in the queue. Waiting another 45 minutes and starting last. Last as in the roads that were blocked had already reopened and the water posts were out of water.

We leave at a slow jog, for like 250 meters. And thats all we ran, because: 'It's too hot" "my knees hurt" "i've got a cramp" "but there cyclists on the path" "i breathed in coloring" "now i've got a cramp in my other leg" "the music sucks at the next point, better go extra slow so they have a new song" "lets take the stairs down here it'll save us a km"

OMG

When we were ready to leave 'ow i forgot something to sit on in your car, you don't mind colour everywhere right?' And "yeah i came to you by public transport but i only paid single fare as i assume you will bring me home (an extra 75 minutes drive)."

I am very happy she's gone back home now and I will not do another run with her. Or anything for the next few months i've had an overdose.

So the good things? I was nice but clear. I did not bring her home, but i did walk with her. She apparently had a good time and wants to do it again, which is great, she can use the exercise. So maybe itll put her on a healthier path.

Gorgeous pics from your walk!  They look like postcard material.

And DOH about your experience with your sister.  Super kudos for keeping your cool handling her.  And, lesson learned.  Maybe in the future she will be a better run partner.  

Gorgeous pics from your walk!  They look like postcard material.

And DOH about your experience with your sister.  Super kudos for keeping your cool handling her.  And, lesson learned.  Maybe in the future she will be a better run partner.  

I love taking pictures! Since I sold my festival tickets as have too much anxiety to go there I bought a small camera instead. My SLR is great, but huge and not easy to take along. So since last week my camera goes where ever I go :)  expect more pictures in this thread :) 

So today I'm proud of exercising. I went for a run during lunch break to let out all my running stress of yesterday. But normally Monday is my bodypump day.. my mind was crying: "But I already exercised, let's eat chocolate instead!" Well, I wasn't getting any chocolate since I put that back after I almost got some at the shops. But I almost convinced myself to skip the bodypump class. Almost. With about 2 minutes left I told myself, get up, put stuff in bag, go, no thinking allowed. So I did go w00t :) 

So today I'm proud of exercising. I went for a run during lunch break to let out all my running stress of yesterday. But normally Monday is my bodypump day.. my mind was crying: "But I already exercised, let's eat chocolate instead!" Well, I wasn't getting any chocolate since I put that back after I almost got some at the shops. But I almost convinced myself to skip the bodypump class. Almost. With about 2 minutes left I told myself, get up, put stuff in bag, go, no thinking allowed. So I did go w00t :)

Go you!  I did the same as you this evening.  It was supposed to be a run day.  I was a little bit late in my schedule... I went and am very proud and you should be too!  :victorious:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines