Journey of a Moisture Farmer - Alderaan Arrival [RogueWelkin]

What Ho everybody, seems I got in my first challenge just in time to miss the rules update. But here I am for my second one, returning to the adventurers. As you can see I've got my quests all set up, I thought I'd try to theme this time (to go along with the themed challenge title since the RP thing fell flat for me the last time). I've done up Rogue Squadron again, so check that out, and I'll be sure to update my signature with the new tracking logs once those are up.

Main Quest

Destroy the Death Star

(Lose Weight and get rid of the Belly)

Motivation

To feel good about myself, gain self-confidence, and finally become the awesome person that lays within.

Sub-Quests

Learn the Ways of the Force: Perform Rebel Fitness Rookie Level Exercise at least 3x a Week [STR:3|STA:2]

Grading:

A: Perform Rebel Fitness Rookie Level Exercises 3x a Week All Six Weeks

B: Perform Rebel Fitness Rookie Level Exercises 3x a Week For Four Weeks

C: Perform Rebel Fitness Rookie Level Exercises 2x a Week All Six Weeks

D: Perform Rebel Fitness Rookie Level Exercises 2x A Week For Four Weeks

F: Perform Rebel Fitness Rookie Exercises <2x A Week For Four Weeks

Exceptions for Above Grading System:

Weeks where I opt to do Mini-Quest based Exercise Routines instead of Rebel Fitness Exercises.

Period of Injury that prevents performing Workout Plan but able to substitute alternate workouts

​​Living Off of Tatooine:  Take the next step towards Paleo by removing cereal grains from Diet. [CON:4]

Grading:

A: No Grains At Least Five Days A Week For All Six Weeks

B: No Grains At Least  Four Days A Week For All Six Weeks

C: No Grains At Least Four Days A Week For Four Weeks

D: No Grains At Least Three Days A Week For Three Weeks

F: No Grains Less Than Three Days A Week For Three Weeks

Escape the Sensors: Complete the 30 Day Cold Shower Challenge [STA:2|CON:2]

Grading:

A: Take Cold Shower Lasting At Least Five Minutes For 30 Consecutive Days

B: Take Cold Shower Lasting At Least Five Minutes For 25 Consecutive Days

C: Take Cold Shower Lasting At Least Five Minutes For 20 Consecutive Days

D: Take Cold Shower Lasting At Least Five Minutes For 15 Consecutive Days

F: Take Cold Shower Lasting At Least Five Minutes For <15 Consecutive Days

Life Quest

Hide in the Smuggling Compartments: Create and Follow Apartment Cleaning Schedule [WIS:1|CON:1]

Grading:

A: Create Cleaning Schedule Week 1 Or Before And Follow For All Six Weeks

B: Create Cleaning Schedule Week 1 And Follow For Five Weeks

C: Create Cleaning Schedule Week 1 And Follow For Four Weeks

D: Create Cleaning Schedule Week 1 And Follow For Three Weeks

F: Fail to Create Schedule Or Follow It For Less Than Three Weeks

Exclusion:

Vacation to Michigan Aug 29 - Sept 4 (As long as tasks are taken care of on other days)

Injury or Illness preventing following of set schedule (As long as tasks are taken care of on other days)

Starting Stats

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 220lbs

Waist: 43.75"

Hips: 42.25"

Chest: 42"

Shoulders: 45"

Neck: 15.75"

Thigh(Left): 24.5"

Thigh(Right): 24"

Bicep(Left): 13.25"

Bicep(Right): 13

BF%: 33

2013-07-28-small.jpg  2013-07-28-small.jpg  2013-07-28-small.jpg

Mini-Quests

Mini-Quest #1: Think!Completed  + 1 WIS

Mini-Quest #1B: A Guildie’s a Guildie….No Matter How Small (or how big, or how new)! - Completed + 1 CHA

Mini-Quest #2: 1,2,3,4 - Completed + 1 STR

Mini-Quest #3: Green Eggs and Ham - Completed + 1 CON

Mini-Quest #4: The Cat in the Hat - Completed + 1 WIS

Mini-Quest #5: The Fox in Socks In Progress 1 STA Magical Knox Fox Socks of Stamina

• Like 1

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

:)  Okay, so it just sounds to me that if you're doing 1 and 2 to get 3, then 3 should really be in your main quest description (lose weight and reach a 39" waist).  Then goal 3 could be something else you're doing to get there -- like getting enough sleep, eating enough meat or vegetables, or something else you are looking to do.

Also, I'd love to see some wiggle room put into the first two goals in case of illness, injury, or special occasions, and maybe something about how you're hoping to grade it, because right now they look pass/fail.  Just some thoughts.

Good luck!  (Love the theme, BTW)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Thanks Hiraedd.

There's one thing that I'm planning on doing separate from the first two that may aid in the weight loss, and that's this 30 Day Cold Shower Challenge thing (weight loss apparently being one of the things that it claims to affect) would you feel that's a suitable goal?

While I didn't put specifics for my Main Goal, it's actually much farther goal than the 39" waist, that's a results that I expect I can do during the course of this challenge (and after having seen many people use weight loss goals in their challenges previously, I thought that this would be a suitable alternative.)

I don't have my grading system up yet, but it'll be coming soon. 

As for wiggle room, I am intending on putting some in there, I had debated bringing the first goal down to 2x a week, or at least adding an addendum that if I were doing a mini-challenge for the guild that particular week would not directly count, etc. Overall I don't think the goals are pushing me too hard that I can't wiggle with how they are.

4.44%
4.44%

LOL -- in the end, your goals have to matter to YOU, not me, but trying the 30 Day cold shower challenge is a lot more trackable and is therefore something you're able to succeed at by changing your effort or behaviour, which I think makes it a SMARTer goal.  After all, it may take more than 6 weeks to reach a 39" waist, and you can't directly influence it (spot reducing), just generally.

And I look forward to seeing your grading system.  It's good to know you've thought it through. 

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

I've actually got most of the grading system up there now, let me know what you think! I'll be updating to the Cold Shower Goal (though the question is how to theme it...). I'll admit the 39" may not work in the time set, I picked it based upon my measurement reduction from the previous challenge and how my waist measurement was the one consistently shrinking number out of all of them.

Thanks for your help so far!

4.44%
4.44%

HA! #fitnerdproblems I like that, waiting for find a meme of an athletic nerdy guy crying with text over it. 

Thanks for the support!

4.44%
4.44%

Fantastic start, Rogue Leader! 

I could be convinced to do the cold shower challenge as well!  I've done it a few times after reading Tim Ferriss' book. 

It's T-O-U-G-H!!

"HUZZAH! ... Is that right?"-- Troy BarnesGunnJay, Adventurer (Level 2 Assassin)STR: 6, DEX: 4, STA: 3.5, CON: 5, WIS: 10, CHA: 5.5

Current Challenge

Destroy the death star! What an amazing image, that made me laugh. Good luck with your goals, I am doing a paleo challenge as well! I don't have rebel fitness but I am doing beginners body weight this time, good luck on completing the rookie section.

These sound like great goals, will subscribe, look forward to keeping up with you!

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Got the starting measurements up. Some have gone down since the last challenge ended, some have gone up. Some are different purely by the fact of me trying to find a better position to measure it. I can promise that chances are the Shoulder measurement is going to be inconsistent during the challenge, that's tough to measure myself. The others should be decently okay for the most part, except possibly the Left Thigh. But I'll still try to keep them all coming. Interestingly from the last challenge my weight is down but my bf% is up. But I figure this is because I was a pretty lazy guy over the past two weeks and didn't keep to a perfect diet. But we'll see how we do going forward.

4.44%
4.44%

Cold shower challenge, I can't even imagine :)  Not that I use super hot water or anything, but still ;)  

Good luck on your goals, they seem good to me.  Hopefully, we can help push each other again this challenge.

Hmm, I forgot to take measurements this morning.  I'll have to go get them done.  I did weigh in and took pictures.

Oh yeah it'll be...interesting to say the least. Interestingly I think the actual challenge is only like 28 days of 5+ minute cold showers and the first two are just kind of ramping up to it. I almost started it in the middle of the last challenge, but I decided that I'd focus on my goals and then possibly do it this challenge. So here I am, haven't done my first challenge but I'm off work today...so it'll be coming soon.

4.44%
4.44%

Yesterday's Cold shower wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be, I think I let it build up in my head to where the larger challenge was getting in there and staying enough to let my body adjust, once that happened it was a bit easier.

4.44%
4.44%

Goal Edit Notice: So I decided to research grains, to try to see if something specific was a grain (apparently not), but I discovered that some things were that I wasn't expecting (legumes). While I know legumes aren't Paleo, I wasn't planning on cutting them completely out just yet, or at least peanuts. I'm working towards it though almond butter is pricey. I've re-worded my grain goal to focus on the grains that I'm thinking of when I say "grains" which are apparently technically called "cereal grains". So there we go!

4.44%
4.44%

This Article gives a pretty good explanation of a variety of the benefits of a cold shower.

4.44%
4.44%

Corn I knew was a grain, and I've no problem avoiding that really, I've come to discover that a lot of the Cereal Grains tend to provide foods that are mostly tasteless, it's only the stuff that's added in/on that really gives it any good flavor, and generally I can get that added stuff elsewhere, so that's awesome. I'll probably finish phasing out legmues soon, I think peanuts are really the only hanger on, and the only thing that really holds me back from getting almond butter is the price. I used to get it, at least one brand that I'm not too fond of getting now (adds sugar and other bleh stuff into the mix). So maybe next time I go shopping, since I should need some then.

4.44%
4.44%

Hiraedd: I don't have one currently, though I should hopefully be getting one soon. Almond Butter being one of the things that I want one for. Although, I'm not quite sure where to get a suitable amount of almonds.

4.44%
4.44%

Love your goals and your Star Wars theme!

Your 30-day cold shower goal is actually pretty awesome. The article was interesting and really has me craving a cold shower! I need all of the benefits the article claims cold showers give... but how "cold" does the shower have to be to constitute as cold? I put the shower all-the-way HOT and it still feels cool to me, sometimes leaving me shivering. (My husband thinks my insensitivity to heat is inhuman.) So if it feels "cold" to me (but maybe warm to others), is that going to give me the same benefits? I want to start trying this!!!

Human Companion - Adventurer - Lvl 2
| STR 1 | DEX 5 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 6 | CHA 7 |
If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.

*~* Challenge #2 *~*

The shower should be as cold as your shower can go. Today's shower actually seemed more brutal than I had been expecting, but I ended up staying in it for longer anyway. If you have an insensitivity to heat though I might urge caution, either that or your shower doesn't get that hot. 80P.

4.44%
4.44%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines