Journey of a Moisture Farmer - Alderaan Arrival [RogueWelkin]

Haha! Yeah, it's amazing how cold it can be. This morning I was running late, I still did the cold shower but the whole time I was just saying to myself "I don't have the time to be concerned about how cold this is"

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

I DID A COLD SHOWER LAST NIGHT! Oh my gosh. It was crazy. I started all the way at the back of the shower and inched myself closer and closer over time. So cold. Haha. I did feel invigorated afterwards and it was nice stepping out of the shower and having the air in the bathroom be warmer than my skin. Thanks for giving me this idea. It was a pretty COOL experience. :P

Human Companion - Adventurer - Lvl 2
| STR 1 | DEX 5 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 6 | CHA 7 |
If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.

*~* Challenge #2 *~*

Haha! I know it's crazy. Maybe after you do it a few times you'll start to notice the heat in your regular temp showers.

4.44%
4.44%

Hi Rogue!

Thought you might be interested in what Starbuck had to say about a 30 day cold shower experience :)

Also, one thing I have been doing for the past two months is take freezing cold showers. I know some of you guys do contrast showers, which is similar; this is like that....but without the hot part (I've done contrasts before and dug them, so I figured why not). So as a 30 day challenge, from the end of May to the end of June, my roommate SpeakEasyV(check out his challenge! He is a total badass and will be an assassin after he completes this challenge) and I did 5 minute cold showers every single morning. It was hellish at first, but now it's routine. It's really astounding what you can get used to. And I've found that it

-Wakes me up like no one's business

-Helps with muscle soreness

-Makes me feel like James Bond

-Keeps me cool in the oppressive NYC summer heat

And now I still do it; I've come to really like it. I still take hot showers sometimes, usually after a long day of work, for relaxation. But yeah, keeping up with these for the challenge, especially

How has today been?

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Haha! That's great, thanks for the thought Hiraedd.

So far today has been going fairly well, last night was a mixed bag, but tonight is well. Sadly it is going to be the first day this week that won't have a lot of time spent at home. I usually do Work and then up to the fiancee's on Mon, Wed, and Fridays, this week was a bit different than the norm so we'll see how I'm able to keep to my cleaning/exercise schedule with this. 

I was earlier debating what I wanted to do once I reached the end of the 30 days for the showers, if I wanted to try to continue on or do the contrast or something. That post does make me want to lean more towards sticking with the cold.

4.44%
4.44%

Hey there! Love all the cold shower chatter. I wouldn't worry now about whether or not you'll stick with them; just focus on your day-to-day. Before you know it, the 30 days will be up, and you will know if you want to keep doing them. I personally found that I was just so used to it at that point that now hot showers are usually too hot and I don't like how relaxed I feel after them (so I almost only do them at night now, before bed, if at all). But that's just me! Your body might take longer to adjust, or faster.

Most importantly, if after 30 days you feel really benefited, keep going! If you don't, DROP IT. Learning what to keep and what to discard in terms of a fitness and health routine is important; different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes.  Anyway, cool to hear about another person doing it!

Things I do to get past the cold:
-Play music on my phone next to the shower. Rock out in the shower. I often lose track of time and get out at 6 or 7 minutes.

-I always back into the water, calves first (like a reverse lunge), then turn around do my forearms (which get really sore from rock-climbing), then I just dive in, so to speak. I don't like inching in too much; I prefer the shock-to-the-system approach for the most part.

And nice work on your challenge so far! You rock!

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Yeah, it's been a pretty cool (har har) experience so far, already I've found myself looking forward to it at times, and dreading it at others. 

4.44%
4.44%

Rogue, I am stealing your measurement spreadsheet, because I love it and am too lazy to try to recreate it. THANKS! :P

If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.

*~* Challenge #2 *~*

Haha! Steal away, it got a lot of love the last challenge, and I know there were a few people that used it. Here's the blank template if you would rather just snatch it from there. Just be careful about the BF% field, it has a formula in there that you'll probably need to change (the required formulas are in the notes that pop-up).

4.44%
4.44%

I was JUST about to ask about that BF formula because it was saying I'm 21% bf which CANNOT be right, lol. Thanks!

*~* Challenge #2 *~*

Even though there's still technically a day left, I'm going to toss out this update.

So far I've been doing pretty good with the various Goals.

1. Rebel Fitness Workout 3x a Week

Yup, getting this one done fairly well so far, the "A" Workout seemed really easy the last time I did it but the "B" one really kicked my butt, will find out more tomorrow. Sadly I didn't keep to the MWF schedule that I wanted, I did MWSat instead, my Friday night turned out to be later than I'd have liked.

2. Remove Cereal Grains from Diet

Did decently with this, I think there may have been some hidden in an item or two but nothing that has caused me to break the 5 day thing at the least. I still allow myself to eat a little poorly while still following the guidelines of this goal so I do need to keep my mind on that. The biggest culprit was the Bacon and Cheese Fries on Friday (that was an all around bad day I guess 80P)

3. 30 Day Cold Shower Challenge

Been doing this one quite stellarly, some day my showers are much later in the day than others but I still have been getting it done. It's awesome.

4. Apartment Cleaning Schedule

I created this way back on last Sunday I believe and have been following it all week so far. Though sometimes just barely. I've also been shifting things about when it makes sense to do so. For those curious you can take a look at it here.

While I do have my spreadsheet for it in my signature, I'm going to be kindly enough to post my weekly measurement data right here. 

Color coded for easy reference. Red means the measurement is up from last week, Blue means it's the same, Green means it's gone down.

Measurements: 

Weight: 223 lbs

Waist: 42.75"

Hips: 41.75"

Chest: 41.5"

Shoulders: 43.75"

Neck: 15.5"

Thigh(Left): 24"

Thigh(Right): 23.75"

Bicep(Left): 13.25"

Bicep(Right): 13.5"

BF%: 32%

4.44%
4.44%

I like how you color-coded your progress... WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY GOOD IDEAS?! All that green looks great! Good job! :)

*~* Challenge #2 *~*

Great work, Rogue! Loving the challenge. 

The coldest shower I've ever had was after driving from Cleveland to Omaha on my way to Colorado...on 1 hour of sleep. The hotel's hot water tank was broken. 
Would have been nice of them to tell me BEFORE I took a shower. Needless to say, I didn't just curl up in bed and drift off to slumberland after that jolt to the system. 
LOL

Keep up the awesome, bro. 

Porkins

Human Adventurer, Star Pilot, and Bacon Aficionado-(Lvl 3)
STR 4.5 | DEX 1.5 | STA 6.5 | CON 9 | WIS 1.75 | CHA 5.75

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try" ~Yoda/ Veritas vos liberabit

1, 2, Current Challenge

Well done on your measurements going down. Good progress! Well on your way to Destroying that death star. Good colour coding, I'm not meant to weigh/measure myself for the duration of my Whole 30 so we shall see. I guess I care more about my BF% than weight anyway even when I was smaller and fitter my weight didn't really change as I started packing on muscle!

Good luck for the next few weeks, enjoying your spread sheet as well it will be really good to see your progress!

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Porkins! I was starting to get worried about you man, great to see you back!

Leeroy, I don't really focus too much on my weight, if I did I'd be pretty depressed as it has made a lot of movement even since the last challenge. I know I started this one at 220 lbs, which had surprised me but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a fluke, or just muscle loss from the two weeks where I did nothing. The 223 lbs is about where I had initially expected to be, so it's a good enough measurement for me, since everything else is looking good I'm not concerned, of course the bicep going up could potentially just mean more muscles so I'm not horribly worried there either. 80D

4.44%
4.44%

30 Day Cold shower challenge sounds so interesting (after having looked into it, because I had never heard of it), that I may just have to do it myself! 

Level 9 Aasimar Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 12.25 | STA: 10.5 | CON: 13.25 | WIS: 22 | CHA: 14.25

Challenges: 123, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Current

Accountibilibuddies: Rogue Squadron

Current Body Fat %: 22.13

Goal 13% from 27.01%

34.8%
34.8%

I have a question for you, oh king of measurements: why are people measuring their necks? Since I'm using your measurement table, I kept the neck measurement box, but I don't think I'm going to be losing any weight from my neck... It's 12.5 inches. How big is a neck supposed to be?! :P

*~* Challenge #2 *~*

I'm not sure how big it's supposed to be. But it's not just about weight loss as well, but also weight gain (when you try to bulk and put of muscle).

That said, if you don't use the neck measurement box the BF% calculations won't work correctly.

4.44%
4.44%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines