Journey of a Moisture Farmer - Alderaan Arrival [RogueWelkin]

It's hard to say for sure. I'll admit regular showers seem really droll now, and I am going through a bit of a down state...so it's possible that the cold showers were doing a lot and I just wasn't giving them the credit.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

You did well this challenge despite being mega busy, you can see the difference as well! I hope you stick around for the next one. I thinking of adjusting my main quest next time round, because it still feels like I am wanting to push myself one way whilst going another. Good luck with what ever you decide, the challenges will always be here in the future.

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Hey everyone, I'm still alive and have finished the challenge, although a bit more weakly than I'd have liked. I didn't check in last week as I was on vacation and didn't have any of the measurement stuff, not to mention the absolutely horrible week I'd had. Anyway, here's the final update.

Final Update

1. Rebel Rookiee Exercise 3x a Week: This one has been a bit weird, due to a lot of different reasons. Mini-Quests and other things, and I've done a bit poorly with exercise on the whole towards the end. Still, I managed to pull out enough to get myself a B.

2. Remove Grains From Diet: This was okay until the end, when I just began to fail horribly. I think building in the cheats into my A level hurt me, I wasn't striving for none this time and I allowed myself cheats, and that eventually created more and more. In the end I managed somewhere between a B and a C. I think I'll settled on the C.

3. 30 Day Cold Shower Challenge: Killed this one handily, finished the 30 day cold shower challenge. Total A.

4. Follow Cleaning Schedule: This was certainly my worst challenge, and I'm not sure if I even achieved a D rank, so this one is getting an F.

So the total stat bonus I'll be awarding myself are as follows.

1. Exercise - STR: +2.25 STA: +1.5

2. Diet - CON: +2

3. Cold Shower - STA +2 CON +2

4. Cleaning - WIS + 0 CON +0

Totals: STR: +2.25 STA: +2.5 CON +4

Measurements

So Here's the various measurements, I'll do my starting measurements, and my final measurements. Final will be colored based upon their relation to the starting ones since I didn't get any at the end of week 5.

Weight: 220 lbs | 220 lbs

Waist: 43.75" | 42.5"

Hips: 42.25" | 42"

Chest: 42" | 42"

Shoulders: 45" | 43"

Neck: 15.75" | 15.75"

Thigh (Left): 24.5" | 23"

Thigh (Right): 24" | 23.5"

Bicep (Left): 13.25" | 13.5"

Bicep (Right): 13" | 13.75"

BF%: 33% | 31%

Overall these measurements actually look pretty decent, now to see the difference...

Before:                        After:

2013-07-28-small.jpg   2013-09-08-small.jpg

2013-07-28-small.jpg    2013-09-08-small.jpg

2013-07-28-small.jpg    2013-09-08-small.jpg

So there we go, an overall look at how I finished up this challenge. This one certainly proved to be a bit more difficult than the last one, and I'm debating if I want to continue on for the next one or try to focus myself more, as the challenge does seem to almost make me feel as if there's too many different things I'm trying to focus on at once, in addition to other aspects of life outside of the nf challenges. But we'll see.

Rogue, look at the difference there!!  You've done fantastically!!

I've noticed a few people mention that they're not sure whether they would have time or motivation to do another challenge.  I hope to see you back, because you're always so active on the boards and i love seeing you around. 

I just wanted to point out that you can pare your goals down.  You don't *have* to do 4 goals, you can do 2 goals, if that's all you can do at any given time. I think the point of a challenge is to get it to mesh with your life, so that the habits you learn through them stick.  If you can't get to gym 3 days a week but you're doing other things that can be considered working out then that's ok.  Do you have a pedometer (or even an app on your phone)?  Why not make walking a certain number of steps a goal - you have to walk everyday anyway, so adapt it to be a goal.  Maybe simplify your diet goal a little more and say that instead of eating no grains, you're not allowed to eat your 3 biggies - e.g. pasta, pizza and bread or whatever they are - or add an additional veggie to your meal.  Keep it simple and adapt it to your life circumstances.

I think you've done fantastically!!  And i sincerely hope to see you around next challenge (even if it's just with pared down goals).

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I think I was just in a bit of a depressive state. I think that's something that grains tend to do to me (or perhaps sugar...being a diabetic that is a possibility). But I think I will be back for the next challenge, been debating my challenges.

I don't have a problem cutting out the grain, I just think the issue is that I let myself "cheat" I did much better at cutting out grains on the whole when I was focusing on just bread but had my 'A' level as "no cheats" so I may try that for the next challenge. Though otherwise I'm thinking instead of necessarily cutting down on the amount of goals I have, I may make them less...specific. Like the Exercise goal I'll probably go back to "Exercise 3x a week" to be sure I at least get something in and get the habit developed. The cleaning could just be "clean for x minutes each day" instead of holding myself to cleaning specific areas each day and such. So I'm hopeful that will be a more efficient setup to prevent me from getting overwhelmed this next outing.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines