• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mitch_dee

[Mitch Dee] Defeating the "BulK" to find my inner "Hulk"

But hey - if daily posts seem burdensome, then don't....  remember, the right workout (and posting routine, and motivational technique, and... etc.) is the one that you'll stick with.  Keep it doable!

Oh! And this!!!!

My brother was born at 6 months and spent almost 2 months in NICU too.  He is now the healthiest tallest smartest person that i personally know - he has been sick maybe 2 days (apart from a little cold here and there) in his whole life and he is about 6'2" or 6'3" with a staggeringly high IQ.  So you're daughter is in fine company ;)

Day2 Motivation:

Still having problems with the uploader for my albums so no picture motivation today, but it's the message that counts:

"Do not compare your Chapter 1 to someone elses Chapter 20"

hoping the uploader will be fixed soon but for now this will do.

Also don't compare your chapter anything to anyone's chapter. YOU are your own person and should only be comparing today's you to yesterday's you

Glad you're off and running, Hulk - literally and figuratively.  :peaceful:   But hey - if daily posts seem burdensome, then don't....  remember, the right workout (and posting routine, and motivational technique, and... etc.) is the one that you'll stick with.  Keep it doable!

I'm rooting for you!  Keep going!

Yeah we'd rather you were outside running from zombies than stuck in front of a PC trying to find motivational posters and sayings for us everyday ;)  Post as often as you can, but also remember to spend your time doing things that make you healthy and happy.

But hey - if daily posts seem burdensome, then don't....  remember, the right workout (and posting routine, and motivational technique, and... etc.) is the one that you'll stick with.  Keep it doable!

Yeah we'd rather you were outside running from zombies than stuck in front of a PC trying to find motivational posters and sayings for us everyday ;)  Post as often as you can, but also remember to spend your time doing things that make you healthy and happy.

Thanks for the back up there, but what I meant was that I will only be posting narrative/story posts once a week.  I will be posting daily I enjoy it.......even if I'm a little behind on getting input into everyone elses posts.

Day 3:

Did not do my Zombies, Run yesterday due to DOMS so I moved it to today.  Was up 0530, at the track by 0550 and had 2.5 miles completed by 0630.

On that note, today's motivation:

becausezombieswilleattheslowfirst_zps75b

Day 5 Motivation:

whatyoueatinprivateyouwearinpublic_zps51

This motivation comes from the fact that today during my run I felt fat.  I was wearing a shirt that's a little tighter than my others and of course on the day I wear it there are 3 times as many people at the track today.  Don't get me wrong this was not a negative 'oh I'm so fat' it was a self-realization; I felt great after my workout, and even got a few nods from the true runners that were out today as they passed me.  What I realized was that no matter what I did in private, hiding my binges, not eating properly, and being lazy may not have been witnessed at the time, but are definitly seen by others when I'm out.  With that in mind I realize the reverse is also true, all the healthy eating and hard work I do that no one see's now will evetually be noticed when I'm out in the future.  And that is enough to make me keep pushing.

Day 5 Motivation:

This motivation comes from the fact that today during my run I felt fat.  I was wearing a shirt that's a little tighter than my others and of course on the day I wear it there are 3 times as many people at the track today.  Don't get me wrong this was not a negative 'oh I'm so fat' it was a self-realization; I felt great after my workout, and even got a few nods from the true runners that were out today as they passed me.  What I realized was that no matter what I did in private, hiding my binges, not eating properly, and being lazy may not have been witnessed at the time, but are definitly seen by others when I'm out.  With that in mind I realize the reverse is also true, all the healthy eating and hard work I do that no one see's now will evetually be noticed when I'm out in the future.  And that is enough to make me keep pushing.

Glad you're seeing this side of it!  Good job thinking it through to help you keep going!  Rock on!

Ok, I don't do this very often but I need to learn to praise myself instead of constantly belittling and degrading myself.  So I am going to express a few minor woot moments for myself.

Woot 1:

Last night when I came home from picking up my daughter, my wife greeted me at the door with a simple greeting of "I was running behind, nothing was thawed, so pizza is in the oven".  Not what I want to hear or smell when I am trying to stay on track.  "Oh, and I finished baking the cookies" was the follow up line....... :nightmare:.  But I stayed strong, I ate the last of my leftover chicken, mixed vegs and a sweet potato.  I did NOT eat ANY of the pizza (even at midnight during a rare xbox session)!! 

Woot 2:

Earlier that day, I did my Zombie, Run training my total distance is now 2.75 miles and in the last 8 min section I ran a 1/4 mile without stopping.  Thats 402 meters for all you metric folks out there :playful:

Woot 3:

This mornings Angry Birds work out:

Jump Rope: 30 times non stop

Squats: 70 in 2 sets: 35, 35 LEVEL UP

Bent over Rows (15lbs kettle): 60 in 3 sets: 20, 20, 20 leveled up Thurs

Inclined Push Ups: 21 in 2 sets: 13, 8 LEVEL UP

Per my motivation post today, I am done thinking I can't, I KNOW that I can!!  Maybe not right now but I WILL and will not stop to get it!

Ok, I don't do this very often but I need to learn to praise myself instead of constantly belittling and degrading myself.  So I am going to express a few minor woot moments for myself.

Per my motivation post today, I am done thinking I can't, I KNOW that I can!!  Maybe not right now but I WILL and will not stop to get it!

Mitch my friend, it lifts my heart to see your strength and will back in form!   B)

You've got this, and we've got your back!

Woohoo! You're thread this challenge is giving me the warm fuzzies. Congrats for resisting both pizza and cookies... That has to be the worlds deadliest combination...

With that in mind I realize the reverse is also true, all the healthy eating and hard work I do that no one see's now will evetually be noticed when I'm out in the future.  And that is enough to make me keep pushing.

YESSSSS!!!!! ^THIS.

Also, YAY! resisting PIZZA and COOKIES? Way to go Hulk! I would love to hear weekly (heck, daily!) woots from you :)

I'll chime in with the others and say congrats on the willpower to defeat the evil temptations of sugar, fat, and grease.  You did it - proved to yourself that you can - now just keep putting one metaphorical foot in front of the other and keep going....

Glad to see you're not pushing yourself to post daily - just keep it doable.  But let us know how you're doing in week 2 so we can encourage you.  Good, bad, or in-between, we're here for you and we believe you can do it!

Go, Hulk!  Pound on the Bulk!

Glad to see you're not pushing yourself to post daily - just keep it doable.  But let us know how you're doing in week 2 so we can encourage you.  Good, bad, or in-between, we're here for you and we believe you can do it!

Yup! A weekly recap will be great! Or if you're ever needing a bolster, you know we've got your back Mitch :D

Keep it up!!!! 

Thanks guys. Sorry I have not been on or posted any updates, it has been a little hectic around the household since Sunday. So here is Sundays:

Week 1 recap:

I'm pretty happy overall with the 1st week start.  I need to focus a little more on the paleo eating, I did have a few flour tortillas here and there and the dairy is hard to part with, but I did track my food Monday through Friday and stayed under 2000 Cals each day.  I will focus on trying to cut the dairy down as much as possible and continue to increase the veggie and fruit intake, got to love my local producer co-op!!!

Goal 1: Running - completed 3 of 3 Zombie training runs, increased amount of running during "free run" time, and went 1/4 mile (look out 1/2 mile your next)

Goal 2: Strength - complete 3 of 3 Angry Birds workouts, woots mentioned before

Goal 3: Food - Maintained a 70/30% Paleo, would like to improve....need to stay away from the tortilla for quick wraps and the white rice with stir-fry (but at least I measured the rice)  Stayed under 2000 Cal intake each day

Goal 4: Motivation - 6 out of 7 days, stayed positive and was happy with results 

And the following is when it all goes to hell.........

I am just goin' to summarize Monday through today....... Sucked!

Monday:

Sunday night, Aria started running a fever that was elevated on Monday to the point that when she sat in my lap I would start sweating due to the heat she was putting off.  On top of that Monday was the day that Aria stayed home with me while I worked, and add to the fact of a full work load and a very unhappy baby I fualtered foodwise and ate a homemade chicken wrap with rice, cheese sour cream and ate some sweet potato chips.  Don't remeber dinner but I believe it was the same as lunch, I just remember being not too proud of it.  But I did do a strength training workout that morning.

Tuesday:

I did not sleep worth  damn, maybe 3-4 hrs and those were spent tossing and turning.  It ended up raining pretty good so no run that day.  Aria was feeling better and wife was nice enough to make me a grilled ham and cheese when she made her lunch.....how could I say no to that....and I did succumb to the call of the flour tortillas for chicke quesadillas that night.  Did not track food......begin shame spiral

Wednesday:

Woke up to the terrible news that our very close family friends lost their baby during complications at delivery.  After getting my wife through the initial shock (it's her best friend) I helped her get out the door and to the hospital asap.  Aria went to Grandma's house, I cooked bacon.  Recieved notification that our other friends in Texas had to take their 6 day old, who had only been home 2 days, to the emergancy room and she was admitted to the NICU with an unknown heart issue......exit shame spiral, enter grief eating.  Through all of thisI have still been in the middle of a huge software transfer and complete procedure change at work that I am having to put together as we go.  I can tell you that I can tell a difference in how I feel when I do not eat right now, and how much less I do eat before I become full.  I know this because yesterday I felt lik crap from the days before and with the over eating ontop of that I was miserable!!  Did not workout that morning, and was going to do it that night but did not.....after news like that all I wanted to do once my wife got home was hold her and Aria.

Thursday:

For some reason my alarm did not go off, first time I have selt past 0530 on a week day in 3 weeks, woke up to my wife's alarm and sat with her while she cried more this morning (realized that she was suppose to sing at baby's baptism) spent time with her and Aria.  Continued the grief eating with homemade pancakes and no morning run.

So I am 1 for 3 in workouts and 0 for 3 in runs.  I will workout tonight, and shift runs to tomorrow and Sunday with a workout on Saturday.  That should make it 3 for 3 workouts and 2 for 3 runs, which I will take after the week its been.  Good news is the flour tortillas are all gone, so is the cooked rice and bread.....and the produce co-op pick up was Tues so I have a lot of fresh fruit and veggies.  Crockpot is coming out tomorrow to cook a roast or two for the weekend.  Again after the week so far I will take it......I am off the grief eating, it does no one any good and am still happy for the woots last week on the strength training so really want to crank more out. 

I have been at least keeping up with everyone's threads, I apologize for not commenting much, but know I am still watching you all!  Motivation should return tomorrow!

Wow Mitch! What a week! My heart broke for your wife while I was reading that and I think despite going through the grief yourself i think she's incredibly lucky to have you. Aria also has a great daddy and I'm glad she is doing better too.

I know the week wasn't good insofar it wasnt Paleo, but that looks like it wasnt too good. Keep it up and let's know if you need anything. Hugs xx

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, that sounds like a rough week.  Rollercoaster rides all over the place.  

Mitch, listen to me here for a second.  Do not beat yourself up over this past week.  You made exactly the right call all the way through that, as far as I can tell.  Willpower is a muscle, and it needs to rest between workouts as well.  And let me tell you, it takes willpower to hold someone else up and be there for them when they need it -- and not fall to pieces yourself.  At every stage of the day, every day of the week, we're asked to make a priority call -- do I do this, or that right now.  Your family needed you, and you made the right call.  I don't think less of you because you fell down in between those bouts of providing support.  I think more of you because when it was needed, you were there.

You'll get back on the horse soon enough.  Sounds like it's around the corner, so just be ready.

Hello hello!

I'm so excited to find someone else on here with a starting body fat percentage not too far from mine.  Seeing you pull this off is totally inspiring, and your daughter is adorable.  Good on you for making a plan to be there for your family.

Day 5 Motivation:

whatyoueatinprivateyouwearinpublic_zps51

Oh, I loved this.  So true, and your reflectiveness in this post is fantastic.  I was thinking about this at my physical therapy appointment this morning.  Sometimes when I'm struggling to get through that third set of clams, or my therapy routine is getting boring, I remind myself that even though no one is seeing it right then, they WILL see it at PT.  And they did.  I've been really consistent these last two weeks, and felt that my muscles were getting stronger, and they really noticed it at today's appointment.  

I am just goin' to summarize Monday through today....... Sucked!

Wednesday:

Woke up to the terrible news that our very close family friends lost their baby during complications at delivery.  After getting my wife through the initial shock (it's her best friend) I helped her get out the door and to the hospital asap.  Aria went to Grandma's house, I cooked bacon.  Recieved notification that our other friends in Texas had to take their 6 day old, who had only been home 2 days, to the emergancy room and she was admitted to the NICU with an unknown heart issue......exit shame spiral, enter grief eating.  Through all of thisI have still been in the middle of a huge software transfer and complete procedure change at work that I am having to put together as we go.  I can tell you that I can tell a difference in how I feel when I do not eat right now, and how much less I do eat before I become full.  I know this because yesterday I felt lik crap from the days before and with the over eating ontop of that I was miserable!!  Did not workout that morning, and was going to do it that night but did not.....after news like that all I wanted to do once my wife got home was hold her and Aria.

Yep, Wednesday sucked.  However, you scored 100 for being an amazing husband, father,  and friend.  Please be amazing to yourself also, and get back at it.  As someone reminded me recently, there's always going to be stuff that sucks that is out of our control, but there is also always going to be stuff that we can take control of.