LLW's Beast Challenge II: the Return of Courage Wolf

littlewings

And in other news... I had a bit of a 20-seconds-of-courage moment. Short story version: I've gotten pretty close with nerds Chammy, BLW, DarkRaven and SirEarl. So after moping around knowing they're all having a meet up in Arizona soon and discussing it with my mom, it's become apparent that it would be doable for me to afford to go. Assuming I feel that it would be worth it. I've already bounced around the house and confirmed it. Actually I'm still bouncing. So. Uhm. Yeah. I'm flying across the states in less than two weeks. To a land of scorpions, tarantulas and fire. I'm terrified. And excited. And happy. asjdahlskjdahslkjdahskskalj

tumblr_mc37nbS5gW1rx1k10o1_250.gif

This is so exciting! I have to admit though, it makes me a little nervous, because I'm pretty sure it involves you going to Arizona in August.

And I'm sure you know that Arizona is most definitely a land of scorpions and tarantulas and fire, and that during the summer months the environment itself gains unholy powers. I know this, because I live a hop, skip and a jump to the Northeast in the Rockies, and I am not brave enough to go any further south. So it'll be super warm, and you should drink a lotta watter, but I know you'll have a fantastic time! Which makes me think that the trip's gonna go like this;

hot-potato.gif

Sssssmokin'.

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

tumblr_mqtgizhngp1qh2lpeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqtg63pX2z1rel180o4_250.gif

Pfft. Please...

1316540585_epic_cat_battle_on_a_ladder.g

LLW found a youtube vid of the same gif.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIpf57kkWtw  enjoy :tongue:

Hahaha, accurate!

Congrats llw, have a great time!!!

Yeah. :panda:

Thanks, T, no doubt!! :D

aww you are going to have a blast!! 

cannot wait :D

Shiny!  Have an awesome time! (I'm supposed to meet up with Boston rebels at some point for lunch/dinner.  Should prove interesting.)

Dude! It'll be awesome! :D Make it happen!

Man, you rebels out West and up North get to have all the fun. Well! Knock each other out for me, then. And in the meantime, you! LLW! Get your foods on! You can't train on air and enthusiasm alone!

Honestly, I'm still in awe that I'm pulling this off. Also, I'll be sure to throw a few punches and eat lots of food, don't you worry!

As for not being able to train on air and enthusiasm alone... I know. :( The extreme stubborn side of me very much wanted to respond with "challenge accepted" but I know you're right. -__-

This is so exciting! I have to admit though, it makes me a little nervous, because I'm pretty sure it involves you going to Arizona in August.

And I'm sure you know that Arizona is most definitely a land of scorpions and tarantulas and fire, and that during the summer months the environment itself gains unholy powers. I know this, because I live a hop, skip and a jump to the Northeast in the Rockies, and I am not brave enough to go any further south. So it'll be super warm, and you should drink a lotta watter, but I know you'll have a fantastic time! Which makes me think that the trip's gonna go like this;

hot-potato.gif

Sssssmokin'.

I KNOW. I'm going to be so paranoid, there's probably going to be a new Canadian stereotype invented from it. Extremely excited though. I don't even think gifs can describe how excite I am. >_> I will keep all that in mind, though, thank you Leonine! That is totally how it's going to end up happening. :tongue:

WEEK 1 .6  - 1.7 - 2.1 
Alright, I'm behind on this. Lesseeee...

Food 1.6 (Awesome day foodwise, just can't remember all of it)

• 2 eggs, 5 strips of bacon, cucumber
  • 1 cup of coffee
  • protein shake
  • whole steak with sweet potato, salad and veggies
  • apple

Food 1.7

• steak and eggs
  • steak and sweet potato
  • 2 chicken thighs with salad and a red pepper (Can't remember if I had a protein shake this day too. >_> I don't think I did.)
  • glass of almond milk

Food 2.1

• 1 egg, 1 strip of bacon (forgot to defrost new pack) and leftover chocochili
  • Shakshuka with added lean ground chicken (ate with 2 eggs)
  • snuck in a few more wafer cookies <_<

So little off on slips, still need to eat more. Yesterday I know I was stressing out over a couple things so not too worried about that one. It's been a few rest days for the most part. I haven't done mobility nor have I gone to Muay Thai 'cause my calves are like WHYYYY, so uh. It's not that bad, I'm gonna go tonight, but no more trying jump rope again for the rest of the summer... or if I do, make sure to stretch out the next couple days.

I have my final exam this Friday, so challenge is taking a bit of a swing. I'll try to implement more stretching and wobbleboard time in from now on though. I just got put off track for a little bit. Stress and routine is hard to keep in line, but I think this is the worst of it. Don't ask me if I've even woken up early since the last time. <_< Couple more times my alarm got messed up again, another time I slept through it. But I was up today so no more excuses!

37703259.jpg

That is all.

Hahaha, thank you 7FG, that was perfect.

WEEK 2.2

tumblr_mpw0fovTIu1ryr6pso6_500.gif

I woke up before alarm today. :) And got some things done, and some studying done... finally. But! I woke up really hungry so I skipped the morning Muay Thai class and went to the evening one instead.

Fuel for the fightin':

• 2 eggs with leftover shakshuka
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of decaf coffee
  • protein shake (some spinach, berries, whey, milk, half a frozen banana)
  • bowl of ground pork with tomato and onion
  • bowl of berries

Muay Thai today was good. Pretty ridiculous but good. We had odd exercises like... I'm pretty sure our coach just makes things up -- and they're effective -- but they are weird and I can't figure out a way to describe them. In addition... during roundhouse kicks, something happened and I still have no idea what. My partner in general had been out of it because 1. she had eaten before the class 2. as a result, she felt sick and in pain because she still managed to somehow go through all the workouts beforehand. So during pushkicks, I barely touched her because I was scared I'd trigger her actually getting sick, and I felt bad. But when I went in for roundhouse kicks, my leg either kicked too high or she held the pads too low, because I swung into her hand or the handle of the pads... or both.

I've felt my shins sting before, especially off the heavy bags, so I assumed it was fine... then after a few more kicks, I decided I was not fine. >.> and ended up having a huge bump on my shin -- the swelling's gone down, but it's a bruising enough that I don't think I will be kicking with it til it heals. <.< I shall now be known as injurypronewings.

I've felt my shins sting before, especially off the heavy bags, so I assumed it was fine... then after a few more kicks, I decided I was not fine. >.> and ended up having a huge bump on my shin -- the swelling's gone down, but it's a bruising enough that I don't think I will be kicking with it til it heals. <.< I shall now be known as injurypronewings.

I feel like most of the monks here are injuryprone, through no fault of our own.  Except for me.  I kept getting yelled at by instructors and my testing uke yesterday for trying to practice my suwari waza knee techniques, even though my knee is still slightly borked.  Whoops.

Anyway, good luck on your exam!  You leaving to meet up with Chammy and BLW shortly thereafter?

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Ooh, fun times, great oldies.

Pad hold is its own skill. It requires its own postures, its own techniques, its own unique sense of timing. There's a reason that top tier fighters pay for pad holders. Martial artists in general end up having to pull double-duty, not only as fighters but as the support staff for those fighters. Sadly, it would appear that your partner's skill/mindset was not up to the challenge that day, though for a completely understandable reason.

Sorry you got hurt! :( Ice and ibuprofen will help with this. If you can get your hands on some Tiger Balm, it'll really help take the sting out.

I feel like most of the monks here are injuryprone, through no fault of our own.  Except for me.  I kept getting yelled at by instructors and my testing uke yesterday for trying to practice my suwari waza knee techniques, even though my knee is still slightly borked.  Whoops.

Anyway, good luck on your exam!  You leaving to meet up with Chammy and BLW shortly thereafter?

This is true. Although I'm definitely guilty of it... I may have also jump roped again. Which I need to stop doing to myself but it's so difficult not conforming to everyone else jumproping and just going quietly to the back of the room to just run lightly on the spot. >.>

Thank you!! I need to get my studying gears running for the next day or 2. Yes! I'm flying over next Thursday and hanging out with SirEarl and then DarkRaven until chammy and BLW arrive! :D Every time I think about it I get super excited hajsdhlakjs.

Ooh, fun times, great oldies.

Pad hold is its own skill. It requires its own postures, its own techniques, its own unique sense of timing. There's a reason that top tier fighters pay for pad holders. Martial artists in general end up having to pull double-duty, not only as fighters but as the support staff for those fighters. Sadly, it would appear that your partner's skill/mindset was not up to the challenge that day, though for a completely understandable reason.

Sorry you got hurt! :( Ice and ibuprofen will help with this. If you can get your hands on some Tiger Balm, it'll really help take the sting out.

This is true. I didn't want to press the blame on her, even though she was apologizing a million times, but I have long legs, so I know I tend to kick higher than I mean to sometimes. >.> And since I couldn't tell whether it was my fault or hers, I probably wasn't paying enough attention either. Especially because when I swing, my focus goes to the leg that's supporting me, the other leg just follows after that.

No worries, though! I'm okay with the pain, it only really hurts if I hit it... meaning, yaknow, I just need to not kick with it. So I'm using heat to get it to heal faster rather than ice to get rid of the pain. Not going to lie. I was a little excited being all "Yeah, my first muay thai injury! I'm toughening up!" ... Just a little bit, but I do want my shins to get conditioned eventually.

Man it sucks to hear you're getting injury prone!  That totally blooooows.  But by the sounds of it your trip to meet up in AZ is going to totally make up for that!  I'm kinda jealous that y'all are meeting up :P

Also piece of advice for conditioning your shins to impact.  Don't use the edge of a box during a boxjump.  Been there done that, got the dent in my shin to prove it :P  Did end up in some awesome looking bruises which freaked my coworkers out though....

-KiltedCowboy

Damn the Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

Rev. 22:1-5

Confederate Thrower of Heavy Stuff

Lt. WFD - 37'9" | Hvy. WFD - 16'8" | Braemar Stone - 21'0" | Open Stone - 28'7

WOB - ? | Lt. Hammer - 71'7"| Hvy. Hammer - ? | Sheaf - ? | Caber - ?

Muay Thai today was good. Pretty ridiculous but good. We had odd exercises like... I'm pretty sure our coach just makes things up -- and they're effective -- but they are weird and I can't figure out a way to describe them.

I have found that those are the best kind of teachers. Keep things interesting and you get sore in places you even didn´t know you could. XD

To me the reason is that people here train REALLY hard. 

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Will give a more thorough update after the exam tomorrow night, but...

Food is still paleo. Still not much, and I've had a couple bananas because of rushing around which I'm not happy about but, still good.

Ankle mobility is a no.

Sleep is also a negative, but today I did wake up at 8:30am. I also had 3 cups of coffee the day before, though.

Missed Muay Thai since I had to get an early ride to Guelph. Will do body weight workout tomorrow morning.

Can you tell I have an exam tomorrow? :(

WEEK 2.3

tumblr_m21hfx8k581qzeg2so1_500.gif

Today I woke up super late and I ate a bowl of mac and cheese.  I forgot to do my exercises, and I keep letting people distract me when I'm studying.

tumblr_mlj4kfCdxQ1rgz4u4o1_500.gif

jk

good luck on your exam!  You're awesome!

tumblr_inline_mfvjx7xJJx1raygyb.gif

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

WEEK 2.6

I did NOT eat mac&cheese, nor did I sleep in.

I did, however, eat an eggplant parmesan sandwich yesterday because my mom got it for me on the way back from my exam. I was STARVING. And it was amazing. Back at the house I didn't do groceries or anything, just sat in my room studying for the entire time. I did find some cod fish and frozen vegetables and 2 boiled eggs which I had taken with me for the most part. But that had to last me for like, a day and a half. So I snuck in oatmeal in there too. There was also celebratory alcohol afterwards. I finished my exam (which was supposed to go on for 2 hours) in 40 minutes so, I was pretty damn pleased. And I'm done school! ... for 3 weeks.

I got up Friday morning and did a bodyweight circuit really quickly. It was just 20 push ups, 30 squats, 20 leg raises and some stretching. There was no way I was going to make it to Muay Thai today. I will go tomorrow or Monday.

Ankle mobility starts back up today. :) This week will get me back on track... until I hit Arizona, because there is talk of pumpkin pie. >.>

Okay. I lied. Real life hasn't started again yet. I went on a walk for a couple hours, was probably almost 6 km of walking... and ankle mobility did not get finished. Ate lots of food though, including going out for chinese which was stir fry with steak, avo, cashews, chicken, sea food and veggies. And 2 eggs, heap of spinach and 4 strips of bacon.

I'm planning on going to Muay Thai Monday evening, then Wednesday evening before I head off to the states. :)

tumblr_me10ebxgvY1rby3r6o1_500.gif

Yay, good job!! Way to be done with some schoolin', that always feels nice.

YES. It feels amazing. I woke up this morning thinking, "ugh, gotta study -- WAIT. I AM DONE." It's a good feeling, just not sure what to do with myself now... except get back to my challenge, of course. ;)

Hey, walking totally counts as mobility work. You're mobile, and you're working, right? :D

Truth! :P

Heya! Sorry I haven't been much on your thread this time! Popping in now!

david%20tennant%20happy.gif

Your challenge is awesome! I'm glad your back to toughing up in Muay Thai! :bull_head:

Congrats on finishing schoooooooooooool! Always a good feeling.

Post many pics of your travel adventures! :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines