• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

littlewings

LLW's Beast Challenge II: the Return of Courage Wolf

I had a lot of fun. And now I'm back home, reality's starting again and I am not.  :( But here are some photos that we got. I left my camera at home, so it's a fail on my part. And apparently nerds just don't like photos being taken. I regret it a bit now, though. >.> Anyhoo, here are a few...

f0d7eba206d111e393dd22000a1fb194_7.jpg

Earl on the left, going counterclockwise, it's me, Loren Wade and chammy.

a4fae81e06a011e3a62a22000aa803cb_7.jpg

Made another new friend. Loren's cat.  :D

3e1f01fe06b211e3a50222000a1fb870_7.jpg

Chammy (blue) and I (red) got new shoes!

Meet up photo can be found here

And here are us monk(ey)s.

scEMLT7.jpg

and now I'm back in the Canadian city trying to break the lazy cycles.

Halp.

Everything about this post I like. 

Also Earl is a big goofball. 

Just sayin....

You're in Canada, right? Quick! SUCKER PUNCH A BEAR.

OH SHI- YOU ACTUALLY DID IT!

HE LOOKS ANGRY!

Sprint practice! GO GO GO

And if that doesn't break the lazy cycle, I don't know what will.

A bear would have been perfect, actually... but I would probably be more likely to go cuddle it rather than punch it.

This post made me smile though! :D

Glad you had fun!

Pick it up for the second half!!! :)

Trying!

*phew* all caught up.

Now I will await your bodyweight exercise report from today (TUESDAY)

Yesss, ma'am! :)

Everything about this post I like. 

Also Earl is a big goofball. 

Just sayin....

Truer words have not been said.

---

WEEK 4.1

Okay. Slowly getting back on track, but today was definitely half and half. Actually, probably 80% laziness, 20% productivity. We're getting there.

I slept in. Did not go to Muay Thai. Did not eat well. Last night was even worse, and my body's paying for it. I think I've finally developed some intolerance to wheat, or it's always been there, and has just gotten worse... but this time when I binged, the sick bloaty feel has not left. :(

Last week cellucor had a 2-for-1 sale, I fucked up on the order -- because I wasn't paying attention at all and am a total dork -- and ended up ordering 4 2lbs tubs of protein. 2 Peanut Butter Marshmallow and 2 Cooks n Cream ... Peanut Butter Marshmallow doesn't agree with me, so stomach decided to get queasy all over again. This has basically been my day.

It did get a bit better though. I texted the guy friends I have that lift a message saying, "I have 2 tubs of peanut butter marshmallow protein, first ones to message back get them for 20$ each." ... Not even two seconds went by before I got a response so that worked out.

I also did get lots of stretching done today and a short bodyweight circuit in:

• 40 one-legged squats (20 ea. leg)
  • 10 leg raises
  • 5 inverted rows (knees bent)
  • 4 kind of inverted rows (tried keeping legs straight this time, still couldn't get all the way up.)
  • 150 punches
  • 20 push ups

Hoping to get to Muay Thai tomorrow evening, setting an alarm for the morning, and I will eat clean!

Hi Alitas! It looks like you had a great time! =D

Now back to awesomeness! Setbacks don´t matter to the Courage Wolf but giving up does! 

Your body wants to be awesome. It's telling you so. And you're sensitive to it now, which is way better than a lot of people can say. So get on it!

Hi Alitas! It looks like you had a great time! =D

Now back to awesomeness! Setbacks don´t matter to the Courage Wolf but giving up does! 

True, thanks, Zuel. :)

Your body wants to be awesome. It's telling you so. And you're sensitive to it now, which is way better than a lot of people can say. So get on it!

Yes, it does! Made it through yesterday as primal and feeling loads better.

----

WEEK 4.3 (yesterday)

Woke up early, got a few things sorted, so that's a +1 on the wake up goal.

I went to Muay Thai. It was my first time going to the Wednesday classes, so there were new instructors but it was still good. Class dragged on, so we didn't get any interval training done in the end... which is bugging me because I feel well enough to go back right now but did not sleep well last night so gonna wait til tomorrow and keep my routine.

Week 4 challenge: 200/500 kicks

Food, finally:

• Eggs, bacon, broccoli
  • Coffee
  • Salad and a hot dog (all the good meats were still frozen, this was the best I could do)
  • Protein shake (peaches, half a banana, cookies-n-cream protein + milk = peaches and cream shake)
  • Porkchops with mashed potatoes and broccoli

I did not stretch enough yesterday, so that will be focused when doing recovery stuff today.

WEEK 4.5
Okay, so yesterday, food was pretty good. And I've started getting into some more cooking!

Food
Day included eggs, bacon and a big medley of veggies -- onions, red peppers, celery, broccoli. Leftover broccoli and tandoori meatballs (ground beef mixed with chopped onions and garlic, tandoori paste, pepper, salt and an egg, then rolled into balls and lightly pan fried). A baked peach, with cinnamon, cream and blueberries ... and then went out for sushi with friends, where I had veggies, teriyaki steak, california rolls and rice. Still not perfect, but not bad either.

Today was also okay. Morning was tandoori meat balls, 2 scrambled eggs and red pepper. Then lunch was just an Italian sausage and dinner was... -- went out for food (which I'm really really trying to avoid, but friends are making it super difficult, especially since I'm broke.) -- but we split mini chicken sliders, which were served on mini biscuits with arugula and bacon jelly. They were amazing. Plus 1 beer. So... Not so good today.

Muay Thai (1/3 for the week)
I skipped today. >_< Going tomorrow's noon class.

Ankles
Woke up this morning to one of my calves being stabbed by a million muscle spasms... so I spent a good hour or so rolling both calves out and stretching. And drinking more water. So hopefully it gets a bit better tonight... ankles and shins are pretty green from being bruised by kicks, too. Calves are definitely the worst though. I can't get them to loosen up at all, and I've done stretches. So hopefully if I keep it up every day, there'll be a difference...

Wake up
Woke up on time today, mostly because of the muscle spasms but it was around 9:00am.

Things to work on:

• Practice hand wrapping
  • Apply to on-campus jobs -- I've decided I'm gonna go for a job during the school year. We'll see how this goes.

Mm. I hate to say it, but sometimes the only way to really make things heal is to press on and keep moving. Walking and using that muscle - gently, gently! - can often do a great deal to make it better.

Hope your ankles are doing better. I´m sure it is only matter of time until you are back to your prime.

It´s nice you are looking for a job. Great way to use your time. Good luck!

Mm. I hate to say it, but sometimes the only way to really make things heal is to press on and keep moving. Walking and using that muscle - gently, gently! - can often do a great deal to make it better.

While this is true and I agree, sometimes walking can also irritate it. >.< I have to make sure I find a balance between walking too much and walking just enough to warm up the muscles a bit.

Hope your ankles are doing better. I´m sure it is only matter of time until you are back to your prime.

It´s nice you are looking for a job. Great way to use your time. Good luck!

Thanks, Zuel <3

Wowza.  Finally caught up on your thread here :)!  Glad you had a little adventure in there!  Rock those Chuck Taylors!

I will!

So, as usual, I have more or less given up on my challenge. This has happened before, again, 1-2 weeks before the challenge finishes... but to be honest, I have not stuck with my goals, way too many slips and not enough exercise, and my updates have clearly faltered. It's showing up in my moods too. >.< I move back to school this weekend and keep having conflicting feelings. While living with my mom can be a total pain in the ass, living with my roommates is going to stress me out too. But I really want to get back into a busy routine so I can get active again. It's still making me sad though, and I keep getting placed in a depressed mood lately, there's been a few other things going on that I haven't mentioned that's seriously stressing me out. So... this might be it for me for now. I've got all sorts of plans for putting out a budget for myself, but still being able to fit in Muay Thai and weightlifting next month. We shall see how things go.

So, as usual, I have more or less given up on my challenge. This has happened before, again, 1-2 weeks before the challenge finishes... but to be honest, I have not stuck with my goals, way too many slips and not enough exercise, and my updates have clearly faltered. It's showing up in my moods too. >.< I move back to school this weekend and keep having conflicting feelings. While living with my mom can be a total pain in the ass, living with my roommates is going to stress me out too. But I really want to get back into a busy routine so I can get active again. It's still making me sad though, and I keep getting placed in a depressed mood lately, there's been a few other things going on that I haven't mentioned that's seriously stressing me out. So... this might be it for me for now. I've got all sorts of plans for putting out a budget for myself, but still being able to fit in Muay Thai and weightlifting next month. We shall see how things go.

Aww, I know how you feel buddy *hug*  Its always easy to start up these challenges and then after a while it gets kinda "meh..."    I really hope you can get that budget worked out and can continue Muay Thai and lifting.  You always seem to be in a better mood after doing those :)

Keep your chin up, you'll get through!  You've got a huge nerd family here willing to support you :D

Bugger all.  Well, do what you can, plan for the next time.  Hope move-in went okay! (I tried my best to avoid the roads this weekend - though I still got pulled over to the town next door to help my brother with some things....)

Sounds like you have a lot going on. Life gets heavy sometimes. The training helps with that, but sometimes even that's too much. Not the training itself, so much as the goals you set for yourself, and how they suddenly seem so far away, maybe even farther than where you started.

It's a suck-tastic place to be, and I've been there so often that I feel for you being there. But you're still with us, and you're still one of us, and no amount of challenges beating you will ever change that. And none of us will ever be able to fault you for a lack of ambition.

So, take your time. Shake things off. Watch it all fall into place, and when the dust settles, figure out what you can do with it.

Graah, love you guys.

Aww, I know how you feel buddy *hug*  Its always easy to start up these challenges and then after a while it gets kinda "meh..."    I really hope you can get that budget worked out and can continue Muay Thai and lifting.  You always seem to be in a better mood after doing those :)

Keep your chin up, you'll get through!  You've got a huge nerd family here willing to support you :D

Truth, dude. And I know it! :)

Bugger all.  Well, do what you can, plan for the next time.  Hope move-in went okay! (I tried my best to avoid the roads this weekend - though I still got pulled over to the town next door to help my brother with some things....)

I know. Move-in went okay. It was a rough first week of being here but things have sorted themselves out and I'm slowly regaining my routine again.

Don´t give up. Will you come back for the next challenge?

Hope you feel better soon.  :nevreness:

I don't know! I'm seriously considering taking a challenge off and just focusing on what I'm doing here... but I do love making my threads. We shall see.

Sounds like you have a lot going on. Life gets heavy sometimes. The training helps with that, but sometimes even that's too much. Not the training itself, so much as the goals you set for yourself, and how they suddenly seem so far away, maybe even farther than where you started.

It's a suck-tastic place to be, and I've been there so often that I feel for you being there. But you're still with us, and you're still one of us, and no amount of challenges beating you will ever change that. And none of us will ever be able to fault you for a lack of ambition.

So, take your time. Shake things off. Watch it all fall into place, and when the dust settles, figure out what you can do with it.

It was a large patch of many ups and downs... it's taken me a few weeks but I'm getting a handle on things again. :) And not being so lazy. I let friends get to me again though, which isn't good, but was also expected when I was moving back in.

So I am back in the game today. Taken me a while but today I did went to bed early, woke up early, did groceries, ate well, joined the gym and am attending a ninjutsu class tonight since Muay Thai doesn't start up until next week. I also love every class I am in right now, made a couple new friends and have started speaking up in class -- which I don't think I've ever done. So a good routine is coming back...

Now do I keep this going at my own pace -- using the nerds I'm close to as accountabilibuddies still -- or do I try another challenge? Still deciding. Either way, I'll be here to support you guys. :)