Finding balance in a keliswicked life

keliswicked

Update #8: Day 16

Goal #1: went to yoga today but skipped yesterday, so 12/25 for the challenge! won't be able to go again until Monday because I'll be home on vacation, but I should still be able to complete the challenge considering I'm halfway done already

Goal #2: no update to speak of

Goal #3: haven't eaten non-Paleo yet this week, but this was my planned week off so I'm not concerned

Life Goal: still have my writing goal, need to start week 5 while I'm home 

Won't get much of anything done while I'm home so I probably won't be updating but I'll keep up with things!

Keliswicked, level 6 half Hobbit/ half Dwarf Druid

Progress Log  ||  Fitocracy!  || 2 3 4 5 6

You are doing so great!  I'm really inspired by how well you're doing with the Paleo.  This is truly something I need to get serious about to give me the final push to where I'd like to be, but I've tried it before and found it unbelievably difficult.  I like to use the excuse that it's because I come from a German heritage and growing up, we ate bread for every. single. meal.  Plus, I don't think I could give up my whole milk and Greek yogurt.  Maybe I'll give it another shot, but allow those two things with an occasional bread/pasta treat.  :confused:

Keep up the good work and have a great weekend.

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

You are doing so great!  I'm really inspired by how well you're doing with the Paleo.  This is truly something I need to get serious about to give me the final push to where I'd like to be, but I've tried it before and found it unbelievably difficult.  I like to use the excuse that it's because I come from a German heritage and growing up, we ate bread for every. single. meal.  Plus, I don't think I could give up my whole milk and Greek yogurt.  Maybe I'll give it another shot, but allow those two things with an occasional bread/pasta treat.  :confused:

Keep up the good work and have a great weekend.

I did a Whole30 so my transition to Paleo was painful but effective :tongue: Now I do drink milk and eat cheese regularly, but they're the only non-Paleo foods in the regular diet!  So I'm kind of a Primal subset of Paleo.

Update #9: Day 22

Goal #1: I was away since my last update so no yoga =( but I'm still on track to complete this pretty easily! 12/25

Goal #2: Well stilll no update on this either.  Womp.

Goal #3: Last week was my planned week off and MAN did I make the most of it!  I think I ate around 7 non-Paleo meals, but hey that's what vacation is.  I still have 2/5 weeks for the challenge done and need to complete these last three weeks strong =)

Life Goal: The bad news:  I'm behind on my nutrition course, but should be able to catch up and finish this week.  The good news:  I kept up with my writing while on vacation so my streak is unbroken!

I had a great time being off track for five days, but now I'm a little nervous to get on the scale, my boyfriend said he gained 7 pounds!  Maybe I'll wait until next week to weigh myself =)

Update #10: Day 25

Goal #1: Went to yoga Monday and Tuesday and going tonight so that'll be 15/25 yoga sessions for the challenge!  I'm getting a little worried about this because a lot of classes are cancelled during Labor Day weekend that I had planned on going to.  Overall, though, I'm doing fabulous, because I've skipped only a few days when I had the opportunity to go.  It gives me a lot of strength of mind to do yoga regularly.  I just love it so much. Especially with school starting next week, I'm glad to have something to depend on that I know I can always do.

Goal #2: still no update here.  I've been doing tons of backbends through yoga practice but none of practicing the up/down motion

Goal #3: had 1 non-Paleo meal this week on Monday because there was no food in the house for lunch.  so 1/3 for this week, 2/5 weeks for the challenge

Life Goal: my writing streak is still going strong and I'm probably going to finish this month with the NaNo badge on 750words.com.  It's a lot of writing but it's awesome at the same time.  It gives me a lot of motivation for doing a true NaNoWriMo in November.  I also finished week 5 of Nutrition and Physical Activity for Health, so tonight or tomorrow I'm going to do the final module and then take the final exam!  Then that half of this goal will be complete.

Update #11: Day 29

Goal #1: went to yoga Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and will tonight so I'm at 19/25 for the challenge.  Definitely looking like I'll finish this one up strong =)

Goal #2: as usual, no update

Goal #3: I failed last week so I still only have 2/5 weeks for the challenge, hoping these last two are solid!

Life Goal: I finished Nutrition and Physical Activity for Health so that's done!  My writing streak is unbroken, about to go write my words now

Update #12: Day 33

Goal #1: went to yoga Tuesday and Wednesday so 21/25 for the challenge!  Unfortunately I couldn't go yesterday and the class I would normally go to was cancelled today =( that bums me out because there are no other classes on Fridays I can go to... but at least I'll still finish the challenge strong!

Goal #2: still no update, probably failing this

Goal #3: I've had 2/3 non-Paleo meals this week, so as long as I have no more than one more I will have this week and be at 3/5 for the challenge

Life Goal: I finished and passed Nutrition and Physical Activity for Life with flying colors so that half of this goal is done for me!  My writing streak is unbroken, tomorrow I will have written 50,000 words in a month!

So I guess overall this challenge is going pretty well =)

Update #13: Day 35

Goal #1: haven't been to yoga for various reasons so still 21/25 for the challenge.  If I go Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday I'll pass this challenge, so absolutely no excuses for not going!

Goal #2: still no update, probably failing this

Goal #3: I had another bad weekend eating so failed this week, still at 2/5 for the challenge, but this last week I will pass so I can at least get a C

Life Goal: still haven't broken my writing streak so I'm anticipating an easy A on this goal =)

Thanks Evenewbie!!

Update #14: Day 38

Goal #1: went to yoga Tuesday and today so I'm at 23/25 for the challenge.  If I make it Friday and Saturday and/or Sunday, I win!

Goal #2: practiced these last night, but still going to fail unless I make incredible progress before Sunday

Goal #3: still at 2/5 weeks for the challenge but this week is going well so far!  yay aiming for a C!

Life Goal: going strong here =) I love these life goals

Update #15: Day 41

Goal #1: Finished this today =) 25/25 for the challenge, I get an A!! woot woot so happy!

Goal #2: I completely failed this. no points. oh well

Goal #3: I'm still on track for this week so looking to get 3/5  weeks for the challenge, will report back tomorrow

Life Goal: about to write my words for today and then my last day will be tomorrow. woo hoo! 

soo 3/4 goals isn't so bad, right? I'm pretty happy I was able to accomplish the yoga goal! now time to start thinking about next challenge!

Looks to me like you should be happy with what you accomplished!  I shall now sound like a broken record, and say learn from the goal that didn't work, as well as the ones that did :)  We'd all like to ace all our goals, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.  It gives us something to refine for next challenge.  You've done good work on your goals for this one!  Go you!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines