For anyone who is new(ish) or has not successfully completed a 6-week challenge yet. For anyone who is more concerned with being consistent than with being "perfect." For anyone who is focused on the functional nature of workouts (to outrun zombies! To catch up with vampires and dust them!). Most importantly, for anyone who loves geeking out to Buffy and is motivated by The Slayer and The Scooby Gang.

We'll see it through, it's what we're always here to do. So we will walk...through...the fi-re.

Or run through the graveyard.

Or chase bunnies over knee walls.

Let's have some fun.  :biggrin-new:

disclaimer: tv series only, people. not the movie.

post-6139-0-46561100-1374735845_thumb.jp

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Hahah oh god the film. Still can't bring myself to watch it. Possibly never will. Looks like one of the worst things ever to be created.

I'd love to join an accountabillibuddy group, have a tough time following things through on my own. So hello!

Level 1  Petty Assassin of the Lanomia Clan STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0Current Challenge

I really want to be in this group. I actually had a nerd-giggle when I saw the thread title. And then a nerdgasm when I saw that it actually did have to do with BtVS! Can I be in this group even if I'm not an Assassin? I'm going towards Druid, but I'll figure that out for sure in 6 weeks. But I totally jive with everything you said. Please let me in your club :nevreness:

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Yay! I've always really looked up to the Scoobies. More so the Slayerettes than Buffy. It's one thing to do what she does when you have all the power and not much choice. But the other Scoobies had many other options and no real power to start with, but they did what they knew was right. Well, I have a choice and I don't have any superpowers to speak of. But I've chosen to make my own power and kick some demon ass.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Like obsessedfan I too saw the title and couldn't help myself. It's like the fates are telling me it's time to do this! No lie, I am watching Buffy right now. S5E1. And! And I'm interested in the assassin guild.

But seriously, the fates must be watching over me at this moment what with this group and I just flipped a coin 5 times to determine if I should work out tonight (yes I am that lazy) and every time it said yes. I even switched the outcome for the sides a few times!

Anywho! Hello there!

Vampire Assassin LVL: 1

Quest for Life 1

"I intend to live forever or die trying"

@obsessedfan You know, it's funny...I find (and assign?) people's superpowers in real life. I just started doing this recently at work. For instance, I'm not the tallest person in the world, so when I need someone to put something up or get something down for me, I let them know that, "Hey - that's your superpower. Can you do this for me?" Or, if someone can type a brazillion words a minute, I say that's their superpower. Or if they can lift their bodyweight in shrimp, I say that's their superpower. I mean, abilities are all relative and span from the physical to the mental and beyond. So, I like the way you worded that...it reinforces my belief that regardless of what you have inherited, it's up to you to develop, embrace, and use whatever you are capable of or have at your disposal. Which is kind of the mindset that I hope people have in this group. :)

@alienearslug (Welcome) I'm about due for a re-watch of all the episodes. I cut myself off for a while, but I think it's time. I hope you worked out? I've been thinking of trying the episode-related workouts which seem like a lot of fun. Has anyone here done this?

http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/post/19514325202/i-watch-too-much-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-if

also...

http://erinjerrett-fashionblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/train-like-slayer.html

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

@BettyRae - I've seen the first one, but the second is new to me and looked wicked! I made sure to pin it to my pinterest for future use. It seems beyond my ability at the moment. But I'll get there.

That's an awesome game. At the moment my superpower is procrastination. And I am very powerful, indeed. But that's the old me. New me is going to be one lean, mean fighting machine

Okay, I'm trying to put the link to my challenge thread in here using html. It's not working... I've gotta look around and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

@obsessedfan - yeah, I forgot about that second one and just rediscovered it. Even if you can't do everything right now, definitely use if for motivation. :)

I'm glad you got the challenge/signature thing figured out. I never did figure it out, but I think I just saw the destructions somewhere, so I'll get it done yet. As in tomorrow when I finalize my plan.

Glad you're on board for this challenge. Let's rock this like the Bronze!

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

I just posted this somewhere else, but I love it so much, I'm posting it here too. (source: The Internets)

If you're a master of your body and mind and are just doing this challenge to finesse your life a bit, then save this story for someone who needs it and pass it on. If you're like me and haven't done anything substantial to take care of your body in a good long while, then read this and take heart. You gotta start somewhere and this is that where. Start. And keep on going!

To the overweight lady that was out running/walking, whom I passed this evening on my way into town, I just have to say...

STOP HANGING YOUR HEAD AND TELLING PASSING CARS YOU'RE SORRY!!!

YOU ARE KILLING IT!!!

No, you're not a professional marathoner. No, you're not busting out 6 minute miles. No, you're not even running more than you're walking...

BUT YOU'RE STILL DOING IT!!!

You took the initiative and got your ass out there and are DOING THE WORK!! In the heat, on the side of the road, literally sweating your butt off...

It's not going to be easy. You're going to hate it. That sweaty T-shirt is just the beginning. You're going to be sore tomorrow... and the day after that... and, I hope, every day after that, because you aren't going backwards. You're not sitting still. You got your butt up off the couch and are putting in the work to get yourself to a better place.

In short: YOU EFFING ROCK!!

Keep up the work, ma'am, and you'll be AMAZED where it will take you.

Congratulations on the beginning of a new, healthier, you.

I salute you.

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

@BettyRae - That's inspiring. My mom (she's overweight, too) started trying to run. Her knees have since made it so she can't continue with that. She still tries to walk every day. But when she was running she had read someones blog about running when you're overweight and they called it jiggly running. My mom got such a kick from it and every time she would go out she would say she was going for her jiggly run.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

@obsessedfan - ha, ha...thanks. I love Eddie Izzard, but in honor of this challenge, I wanted to switch up the quote to keep it relevant. I'm also going to start my Buffy series re-watch to kick off the challenge.

I read, if I remember correctly, Season 8 and maybe one or two other random issues (as well as Fray). I thought the Buffy comics were ok? Sometimes kind of forced, sometimes really funny. I really did not like the Angel comics, though. They were like a cliche or a talking parrot of Joss Whedon instead of, like, embodying the vibe. I eventually gave up. I want to go back and read the Buffy ones again though and continue on through Season 9 (as well as the side stories). I mean, it was interesting because Buffy is IN MY VEINS now, so I could HEAR them talking through the page, you know, and that made it kind of fun. But mostly my heart is in the main 7-Season series. You?

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

I've just recently started getting into the comics. So I've only read a bit from season 8. A bit of the side stories and I'm up to date on season 9. I agree that the Angel comics are definitely lacking something. I find them fun to continue the story. But I tend to look at them more as fanfic rather than canon. I am slightly addicted though :D

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Right on. I agree - I was into reading Angel solely for the fact that I wanted to see what happened AFTER, but it did remind me of fanfiction. At the risk of having rotten fruit thrown at me, I've never been into fan fiction, so that's why I didn't like it. *shrug* Glad you're enjoying them though! :)

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

No fruit coming from my direction. Well, maybe an after workout banana. I've not had luck finding fanfic that seemed to capture the characters. I used to read the books and I had the same problem with them. And in the Buffy comics I think they do a decent job, but some of the characters aren't quite right. Xander is the biggest example of that for me. He's lost his Xander-ness.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Yesssss. No offense to the actress, but I'm soooooo glad that didn't happen. Buffy isn't Buffy without Willow. Imho, Willow is JUST as important a character as Buffy. Willow, as in Alyson Hannigan. I just couldn't imagine...

As for the signature, just go to your settings to edit your signature, type the word or phrase you want (i.e. "Current Challenge" - but scare quotes not necessary), then select the word/phrase, then click on the little link icon (just under font size, on my screen anyway), and then copy & paste the URL to your page in the data field. I have mine clicking to the Daily Battle Log area because that's where I'll just track the data. Make sense?

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines