The good news:  I did not spend any money/eat any fast food/drink any soda today. Instead I drank cold press, water, and ate home food.

The bad news:  It's 9:00pm and I haven't exercised yet. At first I was like, I WILL DO ALL OF THE THINGS TODAY BECAUSE DAY 1 WILL BE AWESOME! Then I was like, that's a really bad idea because I will destroy myself and not do anything for the rest of the week. So, I still plan on running - I have the better part of 3 hours to kick my butt out of my chair - and maybe will do the cardio portion. Because technically that is the only thing I absolutely HAVE to do today.

Moar good mews:  It's dark out and I prefer running when it's dark out.

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

@BettyRae - Those are inspirational. I'd like some guns like that. So, we're in suspense. Did you run?

@FizzyOrange - That pilot is terrible. I like to pretend it didn't happen. Not just the non-Willow Willow. But so many odd moments. Cordelia explaining to Buffy all the cliques in the school? Really?

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Hey, obesessedfan - I just got back, actually. :) I didn't do everything I wanted to do today, but it was my baby step. I did SOMEthing. I'm at the very beginning of Zombies, Run! 5K, so I just walk for 10 minutes, do walk/run intervals in the middle, and then walk for another 10 minutes at the end. My back and joints are like, "Woah, dude...what are you doing?" But...that's why there's a slow build up to running. A body's got to acclimate. I didn't do the full stretching routine, but did just a little after I was done to feel better. That and not eating fast food are like 200% better than I do on an average day, so it's a modest start, but that's ok. As far as the other training stuff, I'll look at it tomorrow. I think I'm going to have to to quite a bit of modifying until my body catches up with the program, but again...better to do modified versions of some of the things than do none of the things and just scarf down McDonald's.

Ha, ha...yeah, we can pretend the pilot didn't happen - just like the movie. :disturbed:

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

I also looked at this title and said NO F'N WAY! I don't meet people that love this show like I do, and I am totally stoked that this group was started. I too am an aspiring assassin; though it will be a while before I will be able to be successful. I will be working my way that way though. I love the Buffy fitness game, I'm going to start it as soon as I get the chance!

"You could never hope to grasp the source of our power."

"It is our choices ... that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Oh my golly! I have a similar story to literally everyone here. I read the title and sort of had a private giggle and hummed 'I've Got a Theory' a bit. Then I clicked through and got enormously excited. I'm not an assassin yet - am I still allowed in? I sure hope so, because I put my name right down.

Buffy is what inspired me to do this challenge, actually. I'm super excited!

Current Challenge

"This is an important message for all passengers hoping to fly to Nottingham. Raise your ambitions.†- Cabin Pressure

@BettyRae Congratulations on getting your run done. Your body may not be into it now, but it's gonna love it later. I remember that from high school. Modified versions are all I can do at this point, too. Don't feel bad. My first attempt was pathetic. But you're right, something is better than nothing. I was talking to my brother today (he's doing a challenge, too) and he was saying that he had a sandwich with half the bread. And he had the one soda he's allowed, but he's thinking about adding in some juice just to help him past the cravings. But from what he was doing before, that's huge and I'm sure he'll see results. And when he does he'll be inspired (and more able) to make more changes. You have to start somewhere.

@PhoenixFlame and @ailrox Welcome! So glad to have you both on board. And my mom thinks I'm nuts for still being into a show that's been of the air for 10 years. Well, I'll just have to let her know that the world is nuttier than she thinks.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

@obsessedfan - I think it's really cool that your brother is doing this with you. Also, I look at this starting point as "nowhere to go but up," you know? I mean, that's kind of a positive. :) When you're just starting out it's easier to see bigger results faster than if you've been "in shape" for a long time. So there's that.

Also, I can't believe it's been 10 years! How did that happen? I've been trying to access The Slayerettes podcast because it seems to be a popular rewatch community, but iTunes was not letting me access it for some reason and the actual Slayerettes website was broken because of excess bandwidth problems, so...I'll try again tomorrow. Could be interesting?

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Yeah, I can't wait to start seeing big changes. I know it won't happen all at once, but the beginning is going to go faster.

It does seem impossible that 10 years has gone by. But I was 11 when Buffy first came on. Eons ago.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

I was watching Buffy with my sister who has no knowledge about Buffy. A scene came up where Willow puts a floppy disk into a computer. A floppy disk. All my sister said was "Wow."

It is for this exact reason that I can quite easily believe it has been 10 years, haha.

Current Challenge

"This is an important message for all passengers hoping to fly to Nottingham. Raise your ambitions.†- Cabin Pressure

Well I started doing the Buffy workout suggested on here, and it's a good time! Not that I'm surprised lol. It has been a lot of fun watching the old episodes with better attention. I have been playing them to watch while I'm doing other things for YEARS and haven't been actually paying close attention. I would recommend this game to anyone on here. It starts out fairly easy and builds as the seasons progress so even a beginner could easily make it work! If anyone is interested the link is also on my challenge page!

"You could never hope to grasp the source of our power."

"It is our choices ... that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Hi! I feel like a little kid who came late to the party, but can I play with you? I just started watching Buffy at the gym on my ipad, and I really like it. Moreso, I read all of your posts and I like your personalities. So would you mind if the new little strawberry blonde girl joined in the fun? I'm a quick study  :mushroom:

"Not all those who wander are lost" JRR Tolkien

First Challenge

Hi! I feel like a little kid who came late to the party, but can I play with you? I just started watching Buffy at the gym on my ipad, and I really like it. Moreso, I read all of your posts and I like your personalities. So would you mind if the new little strawberry blonde girl joined in the fun? I'm a quick study  :mushroom:

You are more than welcome. Sorry, nobody has said anything. If they're anything like me, life has been busy.

Is this your first trip through Sunnydale?

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Welcome! Sorry but I haven't been checking this as often as I should. Hope your challenge is going well for you.

Also hope everyone is doing well. :) I won't be on for another few days as I'll be travelling across the world (again!!!) so I'll report back at the end of this week.

Level 1  Petty Assassin of the Lanomia Clan STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0Current Challenge

Thanks for the welcomes!!!  :pride: So, S Skywalker told me about this program she has done (and is going to do again) called Whole30. If you never heard of it, as I didn't, you can check it out here. Whole30 I bought the book, which was a really interesting read and explained a great deal of what may have been going on in my body. The 30 day plan seemed much like the elimination program from my dr, so I combined the two to help me. I added eggs, because I wasn't eating enough. I also subscribed to their daily emails because they explain what's happening and reinforce that how I feel is normal (cravings, lethargy, etc). 

I do feel better-- ultimately. After cutting out caffeine, I broke down and had a half a diet coke today, and I wasn't really interested. Believe it or not, it was too sweet. Huh? A few days ago I took the kids out and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich (took off bun) and sweet potato fries (ate about 15). My tummy roiled. I know, the oil. But it was certainly an experience. 

I can't wait to return to the gym and my Buffy watching-- I had a brilliant tattoo cover up done last week on my foot, but the surface area is so large that shoes are not an option quite yet. At least not for long. I'm aiming for Friday. 

Hope all of your weeks are going well! 

"Not all those who wander are lost" JRR Tolkien

First Challenge

Thanks for the welcomes!!!  :pride: So, S Skywalker told me about this program she has done (and is going to do again) called Whole30. If you never heard of it, as I didn't, you can check it out here. Whole30 I bought the book, which was a really interesting read and explained a great deal of what may have been going on in my body. The 30 day plan seemed much like the elimination program from my dr, so I combined the two to help me. I added eggs, because I wasn't eating enough. I also subscribed to their daily emails because they explain what's happening and reinforce that how I feel is normal (cravings, lethargy, etc). 

I do feel better-- ultimately. After cutting out caffeine, I broke down and had a half a diet coke today, and I wasn't really interested. Believe it or not, it was too sweet. Huh? A few days ago I took the kids out and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich (took off bun) and sweet potato fries (ate about 15). My tummy roiled. I know, the oil. But it was certainly an experience. 

I can't wait to return to the gym and my Buffy watching-- I had a brilliant tattoo cover up done last week on my foot, but the surface area is so large that shoes are not an option quite yet. At least not for long. I'm aiming for Friday. 

Hope all of your weeks are going well! 

Would love to see a pic of the tattoo.

I have as part of my challenge that I'm allowed only a 7.5oz can of soda, but recently I've started not even having one. I keep forgetting to want one. Isn't it funny how that happens?

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Hey friends! Sorry I've been M.I.A. Life happened. Not bad things, good things. But I've been busy. Bad news...I have not been following my program as I should. Good news, I'm down like 15 pounds from were I was about a month ago. Which...sounds bad because that's a lot of weight in a short amount of time, but I was kind of sick and probably lost some retained water too, so...to be expected. The positive side of being sick is that it really made me mindful of my eating and my portion sizes have become much more reasonable. I've also been drinking a ton of water. So, not all was lost.

I'm going to try to jump back on this wagon now that things have settled down a little bit. Might take a day to get back in the swing. So glad to see you all are still here and working at the challenge! Slayer Power!!!

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

It's almost back to the regular schedule-- how's everyone doing? 

@Obsessedfan, I will send you a pic of my tattoo as soon as I can get some time. The peeling is mostly complete so it's looking awesome!

I'm doing good. Been a little distracted from the internet recently, so no updates. But I've been sticking to things.

Can't wait to see it!

Everyone else doing well?

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines