Tankgrrl battles on

TankGrrl

Squeezed in a quick lunch break gym trip and ran 2km. Could have done more but there was no time, I've been a bit stressed today so working up a sweat really helped with that. I'm looking forward to a long run on the weekend.

Chicken ceasar salad for lunch and going out for Sushi tonight so should be a good food day as long as I can stay away from the choccy tray at work this afternoon. I think I've given in to the 3pm carb crave every day this week. Let's see if today can be the different. Hurrah!

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

Up early this morning because I want to do a long run. I'm heading outside to run along the river, 4.5km out, turn around and 4.5km back. Let's see if I can do it. ROWR!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

...and I'm back. Victorious, exhausted, elated.

Look, there's me! The skinny girl in the green (Not!)

Run%20130824.JPG

My pace is all over the place when I'm running outside, which is one of the reasons I like the treadmill. I made an awesome playlist to keep me going through this and really dug into to my determination to keep on keeping on.

Super power track of the day!

http://youtu.be/iWOyfLBYtuU

A total study day today. So much to do and so little time!

I ventured onto the scales after my run yesterday and weighed in at 85.5kg. That's down from 90 at the start of the year and 87 at the start of this challenge. I feel so motivated, I must be doing something right :)

This morning I woke up to the pain of DOMS from my run yesterday. Quads, calves and neck. It's settled down now thankfully. Only 3 weeks to go before the 9km event I've entered and now I'm feeling super prepared.

I've cooked up some bacon and egg muffins for breakfast this week. The new recipe of the week is going to be paleo scotch eggs (for the yanks, here is the explanation of what a scotch egg is) I used to eat these all the time as a kid, so I'm excited to give it a go myself, sans breadcrumbs of course. I've got a feeling that my girlfriend might end up stealing all these from the fridge once she works out what they are, shhhhhhhh don't tell.

Popped to the supermarket this morning and managed to get out of there without processed food, despite the smell of freshly baking cookies that they were wafting around the store (Damn you Woolies!)

End of week 4 summary

1. Check in everyday:  Only missed once this week

2. Stick to the plan:   One mid week gym trip and a weekend long run, done and dusted.

3. Track all the things:  Was a little lazy with the notebook this week but it was only a day before I caught up again so all is well

• Still haven't been to Parkrun!
  • Discovered that my body doesn't like protein powder... at all

p.s

I like the new Nike ad, I'm off to out run a movie star.

http://youtu.be/aPkyPdubqDs#aid=P-eJodO7h-k

Good morning NF,

It was a pretty good day food wise yesterday. My salad lunch was awesome, cumin and cayenne chicken strips with spinach, avo, red onion and peri peri mayo.. Homemade win!

Instead of grabbing something bad between work and lectures I had my scotch egg which filled me right up, such a hearty snack. I did succumb to a can of sugar free V energy drink in the afternoon because I was just so damn tired. I felt a little bad about seeing as I've been without soft drink for a while now, but I managed to make the first real progress on my assignment in the couple of hours after as I managed to get a real focus on. Focus has been a little a illusive these last couple of weeks and I could sure do with more of it. Caffeine is my friend.

Logged and tracked for the day.

Gotta run, a new day awaits

Flying visit!

I have to say that I'm loving my scotch eggs. They are so easy and portable, yesterday and today I threw one in my bag as I was leaving the house in the morning. Both got munched in the evening in the five minute gap between lectures and I filled me right up. I'm normally craving some dinner at that point in the day but I wasn't hungry again afterwards. Yay!

The notebook of knowing

IMG_2013082619330.jpg

Today I heard about this

and it looks like ridiculous fun!

I want to take my nieces (4 & 6) because it will blow their tiny minds lol

I immediately got a Facebook invite out to people and my sister and a friend from uni are up for it. I should be able to get a few more together by November :)

Another run to do and some super proactive organisation on my part WOOT!

Good day today.

I got to the gym after work with the aim of doing something short and sharp. I pushed up the incline and speed on the treadmill until I nearly killed myself lol

I walked for a bit to cool down but afterwards I felt awful. My girlfriend has the flu at the moment and for a minute, whilst I was hacking and coughing, I thought I might be getting it too.

My fingers and toes are crossed that I don't. Taking it easy tomorrow I think.

Good news is that I'm not sick. Maybe a little run down though, if I got the chance I could definitely sleep for a week.

It's been a bad weekend goals wise. I need to do some updating in my little notebook today. I had a couple of friends over on Saturday to watch a documentary (gawd bless m nerdy friends) I was busy playing hostess and the the beer and conversation continued until the early hours. The finger food selection wasn't the best, with cake, corn chips and chocolate biscuits.

Also, unfortunately the 5km event with my sister was due to happen on Sunday morning but she put her back out on Sat. After getting only a couple of hours sleep and having heaps of uni work to do I really wasn't up for a run by myself so I ordered pizza instead just to top off a bad weekend.

I call it bad, but it was actually very enjoyable. Now I need to get back to the goals!

Notebook is up to date now.

The food choices have been a little hit and miss in the last couple of days because I've been eating on the run. On the positive side, when I've found myself in a cafe or shop searching for some sustenance I've been really disappointed when I can't find anything that doesn't include bread/pasta/sugar. I'm not really craving them anymore when I'm actually hungry. I've had some definite comfort food moments though, I've exchanged my pre-lecture chai latte habit, for a pre-lecture tea and biscuit habit. I guess the next step is to get it down to just a tea habit.

Gees I have some crazy, wild vices :-/ lol

I've exchanged my pre-lecture chai latte habit, for a pre-lecture tea and biscuit habit. I guess the next step is to get it down to just a tea habit.

Gees I have some crazy, wild vices :-/ lol

That is an awesome start in a short period of time. You will definitely get there.

I think we all have comfort food moments. I am trying to work out how to make mine more lamb bed than chocolate based!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

So, one of my little side quests that I set myself this challenge was to complete a ParkRun. It's a great event and I'm lucky to have one just down the road... but I've been procrastinating.

I'm quite content to go out and run when it's just me but I'm a bit shy of running with the crowd.

Well tomorrow morning is my last chance to hit it this challenge. So now is the time!

Saturday plan:

Get up. Go run. Go vote. Go to the library and kill my assignment. Lay on the couch and bask in my own glory.

Also, the copy of Well Fed that I bought online turned up yesterday. I've had brief look through it and it looks great, a simple practical system to actually make paleo work. I think I'll be reading it from cover to cover as soon as I get the chance :)

wooot! to voting!

One thing that I have to do all the time and constantly work on, that you might want to consider for a habit to build in the future, is being really good about bringing easy healthy/paleo snacks around everywhere. My go-tos are hard-boiled eggs, homemade jerky, small bags of nuts, apples and baby carrots. It makes it easier to stick to paleo when you don't have to worry about hunting and gathering paleo foods throughout your busy day. It's just already in your bag...

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

My go-tos are hard-boiled eggs, homemade jerky,

1. Great advice.

2. Home made jerky... How do you do it? I have roughly a million recipes lined up and an unused dehydrator ready to rock but if you are a sure fire plan. I'd love to hear it!!

Current Challenge

Step one...

ParkRun done :)

Here is some proof. A quick selfie of me looking not so happy when I finished. I managed an amazing third from last in a field of 225! lol

Plus I was beaten by several people pushing prams and an 8 year old girl.

IMG_2013090747789.jpg

Arrgrggghh

I'm all kinds of angry about the election at the moment. What the hell are people thinking?!??

Well I guess I'm off to start my own country. In my fictional Isle of awesome we will adhere to our human rights obligations and not treat refugees like criminals. Gay people with have the rights of every other citizen and muppets like Clive Palmer will be shipped off to Manus Island so that no one has to listen to their drivel.

end rant.

Anyway, back on topic... 

wooot! to voting!

One thing that I have to do all the time and constantly work on, that you might want to consider for a habit to build in the future, is being really good about bringing easy healthy/paleo snacks around everywhere. My go-tos are hard-boiled eggs, homemade jerky, small bags of nuts, apples and baby carrots. It makes it easier to stick to paleo when you don't have to worry about hunting and gathering paleo foods throughout your busy day. It's just already in your bag...

That's damn good advice Primeval and definitely something I need to tackle next.

Yes.... jerky??

What's the deal. Is there a fine line between 'drying' meat and just leaving it out to go bad? I'm a bit scared to try it. Do you need equipment?

Nice job on the park run!!!!! You Did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Jerky Well, let me tell you... :)

I have a food dehydrator, which I bought for $30 and use for a lot of things (soaking/drying nuts, kale chips, dried fruits + veggies), but you can also use your oven on the lowest setting with the door propped open. I've also seen some models for DIY food dehydrators constructed from a light and a cardboard box... if you want to go that route, I can't give you a lot of help because I've never done it...

You can use any kind of meat. The fattier the meat is, the sooner you'll have to eat it, but it's still delicious. I usually buy London Broil style cuts when they go on sale because they are lean + inexpensive. Make sure your knife is sharp, and then cut the meat into strips. At this point, you can add your spices. I use salt, chili powder, cumin, and galangal, but you can use whatever you want. Just make sure to use salt, so the jerky lasts longer.

In the food dehydrator, it takes about 8-10 hours. I usually let it go over night, cool, and then store in the refrigerator.

I'm a big fan of homemade jerky because it's inexpensive, low carb, and doesn't have all the crappy additives of store bought jerky. Also, it's yummy!

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Well done on the park run Tanks! Being overtaken can be great for your imagination, I make up stories about how hard that person has been working and for how long (or how fresh they are) when I get overtaken on my bike. I try to use it for inspiration but I got overtaken by a one legged man about 20 years my senior not so long ago...

You've done great this challenge, looking forward to hearing the wrap up!

That sounds great Primeval, thanks! All the recipes I had seen included soy and liquid ingredients that I wasn't keen on and had put me off trying.

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines