Obsessedfan finds a new obsession

Hey! Looks like you've had a good start to the challenge! The forums seem to be unbroken again, so I can finally follow this topic. Don't worry if it wasn't perfect (lawd knows my first day was not), but your food intake sounds great! I didn't eat fast food, but I still didn't eat as green and awesome a bunch of niblets as you. Also, props just for getting out and walking, period. You rock! :triumphant:

Thank you. So, the forum was broken for everyone then? I thought it was just me.

End of day two report:

Met my water goal. My meals were mostly good. Had a bit of a stressful end of my day and ended up just putting some ground beef on lettuce because I couldn't be bothered for anything more. One of my dogs attacked my kitten and really hurt her. She's near back to normal now, but I was scared for a bit there. I'm still scared, but more encouraged. And I talked to my dad today, he's visiting his sister to support her because her 16yo daughter just attempted suicide. Things are not going well there. So by the time it was time for me to eat I was stressed and exhausted and didn't want to cook.

I did my exercises. Danced to two songs on the kinect, my best for the BBWW (which was a poor showing), yoga sunrise salutation, then about 45 minutes of walking before my bladder sent me home again. I have no idea how far I'm going. I don't have a pedometer (that word always looks like it's something used to identify pedophiles to me) and I take a different route every time. But a decent pace for 45 minutes. I disturbed a swarm of bees, but they were happy to let me run away in fear. I got offered a ride because the guy thought I was trying to walk home and it looked like rain. Then we ended up talking about health and he talked about the success he's had so far in losing weight. Luckily I got my workout in before the day went to hell, or else it may not have happened.

I'm still on track with the coffin nails.

Haven't put any applications in, yet. But I've been scouring the want ads.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

/ STR 1 / DEX 1.75 / STA 2 / CON 5 / WIS 4 / CHA 2 /

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

I can't find the measurements I took at the beginning. I remember my weight was 110kg, but I can't remember anything else. I'll need to retake them.

I forgot to mention, also, I've decided to offer myself a reward. I can earn up to $100 for the 6 weeks. How much I get depends on how well I do. And there is a stipulation on how I can spend the money. It has to be on something that will further my goals for fitness. Depending on how my job search goes, if I get something close enough, I'm thinking of getting a bike that I can ride to and from work when the weather permits. And when I spoke to my dad today he offered to match whatever I earn. Plus he's sending me an MP3 player he has since my phone doesn't like headphones.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

That is a lot of water! I don't know how I could manage that much in. The way my bladder was feeling on the way back I was really wishing I could just pee on the side of the road. But apparently that's taboo, or something ;D

Hahaha yeah it's a little excessive for everyday life XD haha behind a tree works well ;)

Challenge 1 (incomplete)

Current Challenge

Where I am has nothing to do with where I will be.

Your goals are very admirable! I don't know that I could make all those changes at the same time without feeling discouraged. I am going to follow you to get motivation for my own goals. Good luck!

"You could never hope to grasp the source of our power."

"It is our choices ... that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

I know it may seem like too many changes at once. But I've noticed I have better success at things when I make bigger changes. When I try to just change a little something at a time I tend to not take it very seriously. But bigger changes become real and seem more important. I push myself harder. Also, it helps that my entire household is doing the diet change and some kind of exercise. That in house support will really help.

Awesome! Glad that you know yourself enough to lay things out in a manner that works for you. Keep us posted throughout the challenge and we'll help keep you motivated.

Level 5 Wood Elf Assassin

STR 11.25 | DEX 9.5 | STA 15 | CON 11.75 | WIS 13 | CHA 13

Current Challenge - 4th3rd | 2nd1st

Accountabilibuddies - 3rd | 2nd | 1st

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Besides the chaos it sounds like you had a pretty good day health wise. Hope your kitty is doing better and that your sister and her daughter are doing well too.

E-cigs are awesome. I got one for my mom with nicotine in it and she's cut back on smoking a lot. I have one that just has flavor, but haven't really used it. I quit smoking about 3 years ago so I know what a pain it can be.

Don't forget to stop by the thread if you need some motivation or help!

Jigglypuff Adventurer

STR: 3.25    DEX: 3    STA: 3.5   CON: 3.75    WIS: 6    CHA: 4

Previous Challenges: 12

We survived day two. Woot!

We are amazing, aren't we? :D

Obsessedfan, these are really fantastic goals.  I second the comments above about the amazing powers of walking.  I started my weight loss with cutting out processed food and walking, and was amazed at how much of a difference walking can make.  Good luck!

I have been feeling so amazing after my walks. My mom was off today so we went together (she usually walks early in the morning when I'm still at work) and we took the dogs. My bigger dog pulls a lot and he gave my calves a real workout.

Besides the chaos it sounds like you had a pretty good day health wise. Hope your kitty is doing better and that your sister and her daughter are doing well too.

E-cigs are awesome. I got one for my mom with nicotine in it and she's cut back on smoking a lot. I have one that just has flavor, but haven't really used it. I quit smoking about 3 years ago so I know what a pain it can be.

Don't forget to stop by the thread if you need some motivation or help!

Idris (my kitten) is doing much better. She's walking a little funny with her knees cocked out a bit, but she's getting better and better. To be honest I thought I was gonna have a dead kitten on my hands. She seemed so bad off. But I think she just needed a rest to get over the scare and let her muscles heal. She's back to running and jumping and attacking everything. She even climbed all the way up my body to try and steal my dinner.

I don't have an update on my aunt and cousin, but I really don't think things are going to go so well in that area. Just have to wait and see.

Congratulations on quitting and staying quit. I've quit twice before and went back after 3 months both times. Just have to be stronger this time.

obsessedfanobsessedfanobsessedfanobsessedfan. hi.

BettyRaeBettyRaeBettyRaeBettyRae. hello. :P

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Day 3 was good with a little bad thrown in. The bad: I was starving after work and got some peanuts. I did manage some restraint and got peanuts and not potato chips and other such crap. But still not part of the plan. I did only eat a few until the craving wore off and then I put the rest away. Also, I had a cigarette while not at home. Which is against the rules. I'll be better tomorrow.

I ate all my meals as normal. Drank my water. Went on a longer walk with my mom. We went to a nearby park and I found a workout area at the park. Pull-up bars, different inclines for sit-ups, and a bunch of stuff that I have no idea what it's for. I'll have to check it out when I get a bit more strength for those things. Also, the park has frisbee golf, I'd never even heard of that. Weird, and cool. Beautiful area with foliage everywhere and you can walk a really long bridge/dock thing that takes you way out into some water with lily pads and cattails everywhere.

With my mom off of work I didn't have to take anyone anywhere and I was able to get some good sleep in. Managed a whole 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It was amazing.

Much less drama today, too.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Here comes a confession: I am actually really excited by your mindset. You have this really great attitude and when I read your posts I get really pumped up. You're an inspiration! I wish you all the best for tomorrow.

(Also, good job on the peanuts. It's always tempting for me when I decide to eat something other than what I have planned to just throw in the towel and go "Oh well, I'm breaking the rules anyway! Might as well have an entire jumbo pack of cookies.")

Current Challenge

"This is an important message for all passengers hoping to fly to Nottingham. Raise your ambitions.†- Cabin Pressure

Way to go! You're doing great! Sounds like day 3 went quite well. Less drama is always helpful. It seems to have such a massive effect on everything else in your life. I'm in an extremely stressful job at the moment too. I've found that the more I work out, the less stressed out the job seems to make me. Although it is affecting my "ability to care about nonsense" skills. Those have taken a nosedive. But with that nosedive, my stress has gotten much better! :) Keep up the good work!

"No power in the 'verse can stop me."

Current Challenge: Stooshie is a Leaf on the Wind

Past Challenges: The road goes ever, ever on!

Here comes a confession: I am actually really excited by your mindset. You have this really great attitude and when I read your posts I get really pumped up. You're an inspiration! I wish you all the best for tomorrow.

(Also, good job on the peanuts. It's always tempting for me when I decide to eat something other than what I have planned to just throw in the towel and go "Oh well, I'm breaking the rules anyway! Might as well have an entire jumbo pack of cookies.")

That's super flattering. Thank you. I have to say your challenge had me thinking in a new way that really motivated me. I was just thinking to get fit so I would be healthy and look better. But then I though, ooh! An adventure! Made it seem more fun. You gave me a new perspective.

I almost had that throw in the towel moment. But I knew if I did I'd go overboard and eat a big bag of doritos slathered in nacho cheese and bacon, piled on top of a supreme pizza. Or something just as ridiculous. Probably with a side of chinese food. One of those, if you're gonna be bad, be real good at it.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Way to go! You're doing great! Sounds like day 3 went quite well. Less drama is always helpful. It seems to have such a massive effect on everything else in your life. I'm in an extremely stressful job at the moment too. I've found that the more I work out, the less stressed out the job seems to make me. Although it is affecting my "ability to care about nonsense" skills. Those have taken a nosedive. But with that nosedive, my stress has gotten much better! :) Keep up the good work!

I feel that skill has withered and died in me. Especially with a b---h I just had to deal with right now. Thank you for the encouragement.

Day 4:

Pouring rain outside. No walking. But it was okay. I had my BBWW today. I changed my routine a bit. Rather than starting with kinect dancing and ending with yoga. I started with NF's warm-up and ended with NF's stretching. The dancing exhausted me so much I wasn't able to do much of anything. Not to say I had much strength from the warm-up, either. And it has a lot of the same exercises, so I was shaking once I got to the BBWW. And I wasn't able to do a full count on either. I did as much as I could. I'm not sore. So my mind keeps nagging at me that I didn't try that hard if I'm not hurting. But I swear, I was sweating and wobbling, just a mess.

Everything was good with my diet. My mom and I made a deal. I hate doing dishes, and there are a lot more now that we're all cooking. She's too tired to make dinner after she gets off work. So if I make sure she has dinner, she'll do the dishes. Which is just fine by me. Just means I make double of my dinner in the morning and put half away for her.

And I'm at work now and then off for 2 days!!!! I need the rest.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Hey, don't worry about being sore enough. For instance, I can barely type right now because negative pullups. Since they barely seem like exercise, I just blasted through them like RAHR and like, "is falling from a bar even work?" but now I have to take an extra day off because I feel like a geriatric T-Rex. I'm also not feeling well since yesterday, so I'm guessing a rest day is in order. Point being - there are upsides and downsides to everything. Upside to not completely wearing yourself out means that it's easier to get back to it the next day. Downside to beast mode is that you may have to take a day or two off - especially if you, like me, are not used to working out.

It's cool that you help each other out with the cooking/dishes thing. That's awesome. Hope work goes well and your weekend rawks! :)

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Glad your kitty is doing better! Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon from your family.

Overdoing it can put you out for a bit or make you look a dying roach on the floor (ya I pushed it too far) try as hard as you can but if you're wobbly take a break. Sounds like you have a good deal with mom going on :)

Jigglypuff Adventurer

STR: 3.25    DEX: 3    STA: 3.5   CON: 3.75    WIS: 6    CHA: 4

Previous Challenges: 12

Great deal with mom! I too would much rather do extra cooking than dishes so I'm right there with you!

Great job with the BBWW! The more you do it the better you'll be, so don't worry if you're not getting it perfect, you'll get there!

"You could never hope to grasp the source of our power."

"It is our choices ... that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are."

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Okay. Week one done! I'm down from 110kg to 107.7kg. I was hoping for more of a loss the first week. But I'm at least moving in the right direction. I've been doing really good on my diet. A few weak moments, but I managed them by distracting my hunger with something manageable. Walking is good. I've been doing the BBWW, but I suck at it so far. My lungs and heart give up before my muscles.

So, thoughts on how to handle week 2. I'm thinking to switch to only walking on my off days from the BBWW. I need more sleep and doing both on some days is really hurting my ability to catch what precious sleep I can find. My being able to have cigs at home week is over. Although, I'm giving myself a slight buffer because my mom bought a new pack yesterday. So I'll smoke with her until that pack is gone and she has her e-cig cartridges. Probably just tomorrow. Then no smoking ever again. Vapor all the way. I've just found out that Color Vibe 5K is coming to town in November. So I'm thinking about starting the pre-C25K so that I can get started prepping for it.

I'm having trouble with some of my BBWW exercises. When I have to do anything where I get in the push-up position, my right hand hurts so bad once I put any weight on it. Have you ever cracked a joint and right before you do it, it hurts? Well, it feels like that, only worse. And no cracking. It's like right at the base of my palm and my ring and pinkie fingers. If anyone knows what that might be and how to fix it, please let me know. It's stopping me from doing some exercises.

Well, that's that.

Lvl 2 Demigod

Child of Aries

Challenges:

Current Challenge

Accountability Groups:

Companions in Training

Hey, great job! Seriously! It rarely feels like it's as much as we want it to be, but you've been a rock star so far. And you're already 1/6 of the way done with the challenge!

I was kind of wondering how the sleep was going to factor in. I'm glad you're paying attention to that and modifying where necessary. You have your whole life to finesse these life changes. Meaning, it's damn hard to work on everything in your life at once (and you are definitely working on several things), so it's more important to look at being consistent and looking at it in the long term than feeling defeated because you didn't get to do everything exactly like you originally planned. Just keep rocking and rolling like you are now and you'll be great.

I also just found out that there's going to be a Color Dash here in September! So I think I'm going to do that instead of the other one I was going to do at the end of the month because my body is going to need a little more ramping up. Very exciting though!

Again - great job, both in keeping on with the challenge and pulling back where it might cause injury or general life overload. You are awesome. :D

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines