• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AJ2013

My 2nd 6 week Challenge - Let's Do This! [Unfinished]

This will be my second challenge [First challenge http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/29150-first-6-week-challenge/page-2#entry615295]

I  feel I made huge progress on my first 6 week challenge, so much so I will not be changing much of what I have done apart from that my Krav Maga lessons have been cancelled, that said I will be pushing myself even harder with the body weights and with my cardio, I have also made a proper fitness programme tracker for myself that I am having guidance with from a friend who is a fitness instructor so will be actually tracking my progress properly this time round (Wisdom points ftw!)

My main goal is again to loose weight and tone up but I will be adding in more weight training to build up my arms and shoulder muscle, I have yet to set a target weight as I need to weigh myself this week, so watch this space for updates :D

During fitness training or life in general you would all have felt lots of different emotions and to list some.

• Hate 
  • Fear
  • Despair
  • Anger

Just one of these emotions is enough to stop you in your tracks, what I aim to achieve is to use these emotions to further my goals and increase mental and physical being and turn them into something better.

• Hate to Passion
  • Fear to Strength
  • Despair to Power
  • Anger to Victory

This then leads me to the Sith Code:

“Peace is a lie, 

There is only passion,

Through passion I gain strength

Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free"

"There is only Passion" 

Re-gain my passion for running:-  STA +2 I DEX +1

• Run for 3 minutes to begin with

"Through passion I gain strength"

Increase my body weight sets by 5 reps:- STR + 3 I CHA + 1 I STA +2

(Current set is done 5 times a week with 3 sets)

• 20 body weight squats
  • 20 push ups
  • 20 walking lunges holding 5kg weights
  • 20 dumbbell rows in each arm using 5kg weights
  • 20 second plank
  • 40 jumping jacks
  • 20 sit ups
  • 20 leg raises
  • 50 arm curl in each arm using 5kg weights
  • 20 weighted shoulder raises using 5kg weights

"Through strength I gain power"

Push myself harder at at all work outs:- STR +2 I STA + 1

• Each week achieve at least 1 extra rep of each work out
  • Each week run for 1 extra minute 

"Through power I gain victory"

Start a workout diary with weekly updates as best to my ability to see if I am victorious at the end of this 6 weeks :- WIS + 2 I CHA +1 

• Week 1 Updated - Y/N
  • Week 2 Updated - Y/N
  • Week 3 Updated - Y/N
  • Week 4 Updated - Y/N
  • Week 5 Updated - Y/N
  • Week 6 Updated - Y/N

So this is it, second challenge all ready and set to go, so freaking pumped to begin, I look forward to hearing from you and pushing you on as much as you all have pushed me!

Thanks,

AJ

May the Force free you.

FOR THE REBELLION! 

Huzzah Sith!

Er, I mean... ah, Boo hiss, Evil, bad, naughty, Sith!

Seriously though, that is an awesome challenge and challenge theme.  Good luck with it!

I'm telling you, man, I really dig on the Sith motto. How it's applied... eh. But nobody's perfect.

Good work on the goals. Get excited; we're gonna be hitting it again soon.

What up AJ? Great to have you back!

That set looks absolutely killer! =0

You progress in the last challenge was inspiring! Here´s to a repeat of that success!

Cheers for the Support guys, I Haven't gone and caught a damn cold have I!

But still eating healthy and doing light work outs for the time being while trying to breath properly.

Just a little set back but still getting on this! 

It's all good! It's all good. Just eat appropriate to what you're doing and you'll be back on it in no time.

Cheers guys, been eating plenty of fruit and getting some hots brews down me to keep me going.

Question:

I hurt my leg on Saturday and it still hurts now, my right thigh, inner and outer, doesn't feel like I have pulled it but the muscle has been pretty tight since Saturday, during warm up and sets it eases the pain but as soon as I stop it comes back, got any advice on what I could do to try and loosen it up.

Thanks in advance!

How did you get hurt? =0

I can´t advice anything more than stretching and massaging. If the pain is persisting, perhaps you should go to a doctor or a physiotherapist. Hope you recover soon!

Went out drinking on Saturday before challenge start for one last night up with my mates, I ended up breaking up a fight between my cousins, trying to pull them apart I think I hurt myself then, not sure lol...

I been giving it hot then cold compress after my sets and at work moving about and massaging it as much as I can, if it persist to the weekend I will go see the doc I think.

Yeah, I'd definitely give it some deep massage. Do you have a foam roller or a tennis ball or something you could roll it on?

Hey AJ how's the challenge going?

Hey Terror,

First week was a bit of a crash and burn due to a cold and leg injury, plus on Friday had some personal stuff to sort out which wasn't fun, but re-started again last night and feeling pumped!

I am also going away for on 16th until 26th so my challenge will be cut short by 2 weeks. 

Well, then you're gonna have to work that much harder then. Better to burn out in a blaze of glory than to be 'good enough' for the challenge.

Let us know if we can help or inspire or motivate you in any way.

Yes! Welcome to the land of the minute planks! It is a fertile land, and it shall be known as... Planks.

Congratulations!