leighanne1941: KISS

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You've got this!!! So much progress on food stuffs!  Am sooooooo proud.

And extra woots for long weekend.  sounds sooooo nice.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

PHEW!  Back from our long weekend.  Alive but tired and now frantically trying to catch up on everything I didn't do over the last month LOL.  Here's a quick lowdown on how my weekend affected my goals.

Friday: got up early to get my run in before we left.  Brought along a salad to eat while travelling instead of greasy ferry food.  Indulged in ice cream :)  Ended the day completely even on calories and hitting my steps.

Saturday.  Breakfast and lunch were good choices.  Did a quick bodyweight workout in the room before we headed out for the day.  Evening was drinks, wedding dinner (amazing!), and cake (super amazing).  Hit my steps but not my defecit.

Sunday:  No long run and I'm ok with it.  We walked lots and I hit my steps. Food was a gong show.  I ate a chocolate croissant the size of my head, food court chinese and popcorn at the movies.

Monday: Departure day!  My body was so not appreciating the crap food.  Breakfast was a return to goodness.  All local organic food. Eggs sausage and greens on the side.  Lunch was a greasy spoon diner and made me feel sick the rest of the day.  I really just can't eat like that anymore.  I didn't even eat a proper dinner just snacked on fruit and yogurt.  Even this morning I feel kind of yucky and have wicked reflux.  I did hit my steps thanks to an evening walk with my husband.

I am really amazed at how few meals of crappy food it takes to make me feel like shit anymore.  I used to eat that way regularly!!!  Yesterday I was thinking that the whole weekend was filled with garbage but typing it out has made me realized that I made some really great choices over the weekend.  And I have no desire to eat greasy processed food again for a long time!

Obviously I didn't get to check in with anybody over the weekend but today it's back to your regularly scheduled programming :)

Challenge 1    Challenge 2   Current Challenge

Random Treat Free Streak: 10 Days (start 05/28)

Sounds like it was a fun get away!

And, that's great amazing progress that you were able to eat some "crap" & recognize that it no longer fuels you. I went through periods where I was eating fast food daily. I have absolutely zero desire for that kind of food at all anymore. And, the times that I do have some of that crap, the reasons why are strongly reinforced.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

I am really amazed at how few meals of crappy food it takes to make me feel like shit anymore.  I used to eat that way regularly!!!  Yesterday I was thinking that the whole weekend was filled with garbage but typing it out has made me realized that I made some really great choices over the weekend.  And I have no desire to eat greasy processed food again for a long time!

Obviously I didn't get to check in with anybody over the weekend but today it's back to your regularly scheduled programming :)

For the win!!!!!  Hurrah hurrah hurrah!

You go!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

That sounds like an awesome weekend all the way around! Yahoo!!!

Well, maybe not the feeling crappy part, but the realizing what makes you feel crappy makes it kinda worth it. 

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Sounds like it was a fun get away! And, that's great amazing progress that you were able to eat some "crap" & recognize that it no longer fuels you. I went through periods where I was eating fast food daily. I have absolutely zero desire for that kind of food at all anymore. And, the times that I do have some of that crap, the reasons why are strongly reinforced.

It's amazing how quickly our body starts to need the good stuff and reject the crappy stuff!!

For the win!!!!!  Hurrah hurrah hurrah!

You go!

I'm going! :)

That sounds like an awesome weekend all the way around! Yahoo!!!

Well, maybe not the feeling crappy part, but the realizing what makes you feel crappy makes it kinda worth it. 

It was an awesome weekend.  And I forgot about the craziest part.  I met Gene Simmons!  He was staying in our hotel and was checking out as I returned from lunch with my sister.  My friend was checking in at the same time and was freaking out.  She went up to him and got her picture taken (by me!) with him.  Very surreal.  We don't often get big stars around here LOL

you know.... just kicking ass because I keep good company!

look at you!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

It was an awesome weekend.  And I forgot about the craziest part.  I met Gene Simmons!  He was staying in our hotel and was checking out as I returned from lunch with my sister.  My friend was checking in at the same time and was freaking out.  She went up to him and got her picture taken (by me!) with him.  Very surreal.  We don't often get big stars around here LOL

That is too cool. It even fits in with your challenge title :P 

My BiL would be so jealous. He's the biggest KISS fan I know.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

you know.... just kicking ass because I keep good company!

look at you!

NF is full of some amazing kick ass company :)

That is too cool. It even fits in with your challenge title :tongue:

My BiL would be so jealous. He's the biggest KISS fan I know.

I KNOW!  I though about that when I opened my thread LOL.  I'm not at all a KISS fan but it was still a pretty cool encounter :)

UPDATE 2.3

1. STRENGTH: nothing today

2. CARDIO: Hill day.  I had to work tonight so I went out myself this morning.  4 hill repeats, total of 5 miles including warmup and cooldown.  I was wishing I had brought my camera.  I did a different hill than we normally do and the view going down was right over the water.  Pretty nice.

Need 220 more steps to hit 15K but I'll wander around the house a bit before bed

3. FOOD: Defecit of around 800.  Protein is so hard to get :(  I had meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner, eggs at breakfast and still only 78 g

4. LIFE: checked in with my regular peeps!

more meat??

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ah, dammit. Three people tracking & talking about how little protein they are getting. You ppl are really pushing me to do my own tracking. Crap. Maybe, I will in week 4 (traveling too much in week 3).

Do it! Sit w the cool kids

I AM going the distance

3. FOOD: Defecit of around 800.  Protein is so hard to get :(  I had meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner, eggs at breakfast and still only 78 g

Right? Man I didn't think it would be that hard.

Ah, dammit. Three people tracking & talking about how little protein they are getting. You ppl are really pushing me to do my own tracking. Crap. Maybe, I will in week 4 (traveling too much in week 3).

I hated the idea of a food log and macro tracking. Now that I started it, it has been an eye-opening experience.

Hmmm, I'm kinda opposed to doing the trendy thing as a matter of principle. If it's the cool thing, maybe I should re-think this. :D

I hated the idea of a food log and macro tracking. Now that I started it, it has been an eye-opening experience.

Hmmm, I'm kinda opposed to doing the trendy thing as a matter of principle. If it's the cool thing, maybe I should re-think this. :D

Nah it's not the "cool thing"  but we are def the cool kids.  We ooze cool.

I AM going the distance

Right now I'm more concerned with calorie defecit but I think it's good to start watching and being aware of my macros.  Someday soon it's going to be my focus (probably after bbq/ice cream season is over lol)

more meat??

GAH!  There is only so much meat I can eat without getting sick

I think we're more on the fringe of the cool kids :)

UPDATE 2.4

1. STRENGTH: 

Deadlifts 5x5 @ 70#

Squats 3x5

Plank 65sec x 3

Assisted pulls 4x5 spread throughout the day

2. CARDIO: rest day, 10K steps

3. FOOD: it was burger night and I always find it hard to keep the calories on track burger night (even though I go bunless) but I still hit a 400 calorie defecit.

4. Checked in with y'all

UPDATE 2.4

1. STRENGTH: 

Deadlifts 5x5 @ 70#

Squats 3x5

Plank 65sec x 3

3. FOOD: it was burger night and I always find it hard to keep the calories on track burger night (even though I go bunless) but I still hit a 400 calorie defecit.

4. Checked in with y'all

looks like you are doing great!!

Spoiler

UPDATE 2.4

1. STRENGTH: 

Deadlifts 5x5 @ 70#

Squats 3x5

Plank 65sec x 3

4. Checked in with y'all

Whoo hoo!!!! hurrah for a deficit.

Your work on food and strength is really impressive.  We can really tell what you want.

I AM going the distance

UPDATE 2.4

1. STRENGTH: 

Deadlifts 5x5 @ 70#

Squats 3x5

Plank 65sec x 3

4. Checked in with y'all

So, it was hard, and you still managed a deficit. Makes that one feel that much better, don't it?

OK!  Another weekend away and another weekend of off trackedness (yep, that's a word because I said it  :playful: )

Friday: It was raining/hailing.  I chose to protect my body and not run.  Did do some laps around the mall and managed to hit 8000 steps even with 5 hours of travelling.  Food was lots of crap.

Saturday: Lots of family time which in my family is sitting time.  I don't think I even hit 5000 steps :(  But I did all right with food until the post baptism party.  Cake and chips.

Sunday: 12km run.  It was hilly.  And hard.  Really hard.  I felt so proud of myself for finishing it.  First time in a long time I felt proud just for finishing a run.  And then 5 hours in a car, arriving home at midnight.

Monday:

1. STRENGTH: 4x4 assisted pulls

2. CARDIO: rest day, 7300 steps.  Mostly due to the fact that after dropping J off at work and my youngest at daycare, I went back to bed for 3 hours.

3. FOOD: I didn't track today.  Struggled to get back on track.  But I'm ready to hit it hard again tomorrow.

4. LIFE: checked in with my peeps!

be on track tomorrow!

12K WOWSA!!!

Spoiler

How's the pulling/stepping/running going?

girl.... how ya been?

where_are_you_canards_xtnxd67n_00_big.gi

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines