• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nusuth

Nusuth's 2nd Challenge - Resist the Heat

Aaand, i'm half way of saving my week!  I actually did it.  Made healthy snack, no alcohol, went to bed 22:00, got out again at 23:00, read a book + warm milk & honey.  Back to sleep around 24:00; woke up twice, but already felt that the quality of sleep was way better.  06:30 alarm, 6:50 walking on the street still a little zombified.  All in all, the running wasn't that bad.  I did realize my knowledge on interval running is 'limited'.  So I just accelerated for a short distance, leaving a big gap so I could walk towards the Playground & catch my breath for the Chin-ups / Inverted rows. 

The Chin-ups were dramatic, if it doesn't improve over time, I might have to reconsider doing this inside a run.  Then again.. If I have a zombie on my tail, i might have to climb something at the end of a run as well so ...    The inverted rows felt good. 

Didn't do real stretching, I was dying against a wall while trying, and I was stressed about getting to work.(I got lucky catching a bus just in time, got there well inside limits).  If I do all of this one half hour earlier as planned, this will be a breeze.

Now I just have to repeat this Sunday-morning to have a good first week result.

Well done!  Getting out there and doing it is the trick.  :)  You'll definitely be able to outrun those Zoms.

Weekly report :

Workout : 1/2

Diet quest : 2/7 :s

Life quest : 4/7

All in all , slow start.  All tho it's already amazing I did the morning workout once. 

Focus point for this week : Diet quest.  Healthy snack = better sleep = easyer challenge.

gogogo

So 2days ago I made a Banana-milkshake in the evening.  Which was delicious & proved my cunning plan worked to get me off the late-night booze.  Went to sleep about 22:00.  A couple of hours later I woke up feeling super-gaseous :/   Did not get any decent sleep afterwards.  I was destroyed, had to leave work early, scratch yesterday...

So I'll keep the milkshakes for the weekend hence forth , I cant risk this during the work-week.  I'll try smoothie & slices o fruit tonight.. or maybe scrambled eggs..

On a positive note, my grain less habit from last challenge is re-establishing itself .   and my waistline which jojo'd back up during the 2week rest, is jojo'ing back down :)

I try to avoid fruit at night because the sugar will keep me up. The eggs are a good idea for sure or you can make kale chips or cauliflower popcorn. The grain-less habit is a great one to have. It always helps keep my weight down. Keep it up you're doing good.

One thing that I've found helpful for satisfying a craving for something in the evening is bubbly water.  The carbonation makes it more special than regular water, but you don't get the downsides of the booze or soda. 

Well done on the weight loss!

Well, you did it for science, and nobody's gonna fault you for that. And the only way to know it doesn't work is to give it a shot. Sorry it cost you some sleep, but now you know.

On the plus side, it looks like your waistline is moving in the right way, and it also sounds like you're dealing with some old habits really well too. So nicely done.

So 2days ago I made a Banana-milkshake in the evening.  Which was delicious & proved my cunning plan worked to get me off the late-night booze.  Went to sleep about 22:00.  A couple of hours later I woke up feeling super-gaseous :/   Did not get any decent sleep afterwards.  I was destroyed, had to leave work early, scratch yesterday...

So I'll keep the milkshakes for the weekend hence forth , I cant risk this during the work-week.  I'll try smoothie & slices o fruit tonight.. or maybe scrambled eggs..

On a positive note, my grain less habit from last challenge is re-establishing itself .   and my waistline which jojo'd back up during the 2week rest, is jojo'ing back down :)

Ouch. I hate when that happens, or when you go to the bathroom like 5 times during the night. So little rest.

Great for the waistline going back! Congrats!

Got up for the morning-run at 06:00.   I was actually having a nice dream, so my mind was screaming murder at the alarm & the idea of getting up..  Half an hour later in the park, it was soothed by the irl colors & sounds & smell :)

Did not stretch ...  and i'm definitely feeling the pain in my back from those Bodyweight Rows.  Need to handle that stretching..

Stretching is very important, a lot of people neglect it. I used to be bad for skipping the warm-up and cool down. Since I started doing it I've noticed less pain afterwards for sure.

Got up for the morning-run at 06:00.   I was actually having a nice dream, so my mind was screaming murder at the alarm & the idea of getting up..  

Ugh hate it when that happens. Still kudos for actually getting up and doing the workout!

Weekly report :

Workout : 1/2   Sunday's are apparently not my thing

Diet quest : 1/7  Dude, seriously ?..

Life quest : 5/7  at least that one is going smoothly

3th week coming.  According to my challenge I should up the weekly runs to two. but seemingly the weekend run is the problem..  Try try again.

On a side note: The gods are literally taking a piss on me; since Tuesday last week, the heat wave is over & it's been a solid 20° with rain & very humid weather...

But since it's a good challenge for future reference, i'll stick with the program.   

Weekly report :

Workout 0/2

Diet 1/7

Life 4/7

Right.  Since I'm clearly not able to overcome my evening drinking-habit.  I'll eliminate free-choice..(or rather, I shift choice to the morning, not evening) :  I'm back on Antabuse till the 1Sept.  Then i'll be able to drink again the 6th , to enjoy my bday-fest & a national soccer-game. 

Since the 1st Sept evening-classes start again.  From that day on i'll be to busy in the evening to have time to drink.  This has been proven in the past.  The only problem then were Tues&Thursday which were empty, but now they'll be spend in the Dojo.

So today is day2 of being sober & I already cant wait to get home to do a BWW.   Ye, cause, morning-workout is still the name of game of this challenge.  But every day I don't make it, I do a BWW instead in the evening, the temperature are bearable anyway now.  And the most important thing of all is my motivation : Feel good enough to enter Dojo.  Anything goes.

Looks like you got some serious work to do to get yourself back on track. You have it want it. Want it so bad that it pisses you off. Then do something about it. One of the best ways to help keep yourself sober is everytime time you have a drink, you have to pay someone $10. It can be family, a friend, or even a stranger. You can even up the stakes and pay it to someone you would hate to give the money to or donate to a charity that you can't stand. It will certainly make you think before reaching for that next drink.

4th day sober.  'enjoying the freedom' in the evening, i'll probably loath it this coming weekend   Sleep is way better of quality.  But since i'm now drinking tons of thee behind my pc-screen just before sleeping I wake up multiple times a night for bathroom..

I'll try to dim a bit on the fluids, maybe a last bowl of hot milk & honey around .. 21ish & then quit it. This be allso a problem that'll vaporize in September : Club-activity, walk home, sleep.

On the most positive side: Since yesterday I can actually see my waistline shrink every morning, and the measurements confirm..

Good job staying sober. Keep it up. I try to stop drinking tea or decaf coffee about 2 hours before bed and have a glass of water just before going to sleep it seems to work for me.

Weekly report :

Workout 0/3  (I did some BWW, but since they don't count in this challenge...)

Diet 5/7 

Life 4/7

Ok, so I flipped out on Saturday & drank a 2l bottle of Cola & pack of Pickles-chip to compensate my 'loss'. 

But seemingly my body / liver is so happy with the current regime It burns fat at an astonishing rate, I lost 3cm on a week ^^   If it keeps up like this, i'll be proud enough to post my pre-challenge pics. :)

Off course now it becomes clear how skinny I am aside of the slinking bread&bear-belly.   Need to work-out & need more protein.

Allso: I love slices of paprika as an evening snack :)

I've been hearing about the power of water as a detoxifier. Might have to start doing that for myself too. Cool!

Weekly report :

Workout 0/3  (I did some BWW, but since they don't count in this challenge...)

Diet 5/7 

Life 4/7

Ok, so I flipped out on Saturday & drank a 2l bottle of Cola & pack of Pickles-chip to compensate my 'loss'. 

But seemingly my body / liver is so happy with the current regime It burns fat at an astonishing rate, I lost 3cm on a week ^^   If it keeps up like this, i'll be proud enough to post my pre-challenge pics. :)

Off course now it becomes clear how skinny I am aside of the slinking bread&bear-belly.   Need to work-out & need more protein.

Allso: I love slices of paprika as an evening snack :)

Way to go Nusuth!! 3 cm in a week is a lot of progress!

I´m glad you are seeing such progress in one change. May this keep you motivated and happy!

Hey Nusuth, I'm glad you are doing better now! Good job on the 4th day sober :)

Also, congratulations on getting rid of the belly fat. If you keep things up you'll be more than ready to enter the dojo!