• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

exjamieus

exjamieus' Good Fight

The Good Fight

Main Quest | Live the Good Life: Fit - Healthy - Happy

I have a confession to make. I'm still getting used to the idea I can "be fit" and not run. Only recently have I stopped saying 'I'm in the worst shape of my life.' I've been in love with soccer for so long that I have completely discounted any other form of exercise as irrelevant. That is starting to change. I kid you not, about every 4 weeks I rediscover that weight lifting makes me feel good, that I can nerd out over it and that I like it. Last challenge I started the 5/3/1 program which I am continuing this challenge. But I'm progressing forward from "the goal is to do it" to how to keep this fun and engaging. On days where my tummy feels good I feel incredible. On days when I feel bad I get a serious attitude problem "This is the new normal/healthy for me. I'll never feel better again" <-- time to lean in and take charge. I have absolute control over what goes in my mouth. Perhaps if I can present data to myself in a way I'm used to I'll be more proactive in my own life. 

Goal 1 

Pull Ups - 30 "pull up units" a week. 

All combinations of pull ups, chin ups, negatives, neutral hand positions 

A   -  30!

B   -   25

B-  -   20 

C   -   15 (where I'm at now)  

Goal 2

Clean - Put all the pieces together!

Perfect the form and add some weight. I've been working off some California Strength 3 step instructional videos. Currently I'm still at step one. 

A   -   I can clean! and have a reasonable idea of weights to use

B   -   I put all the pieces together!

C   -   nope

Goal 3

Track meals and GI issues

Meal components can be tabulated loosely. GI issues will be graphical. 

A   -    25 days of data (60%)

B   -    25 days of data (50%)

C   -    17 days of data (40%)

Life Quest | Nail that 'E'

I'm on track to receive an "exceeds expectations" for this fiscal year. This challenge will get me most of the way there (Sept 30th). Once a week I want to study/read/prepared outside of work to develop new expertise. 

A   -    6x  100%

B   -    4x  66%

C   -    3x  50%

For faster updating 

The Good Fight - Main Quest | Live the Good Life: Fit - Healthy - Happy

Goal 1 

Pull Ups - 30 "pull up units" a week. 

All combinations of pull ups, chin ups, negatives, neutral hand positions 

On Track

Needs Improvement 

Oh, snap....

Goal 2

Clean - Put all the pieces together!

Perfect the form and add some weight. I've been working off some California Strength 3 step instructional videos. Currently I'm still at step one. 

On Track

Needs Improvement 

Oh, snap....

Goal 3

Track meals and GI issues

Meal components can be tabulated loosely. GI issues will be graphical. 

On Track

Needs Improvement 

Oh, snap....

Life Quest | Nail that 'E'

I'm on track to receive an "exceeds expectations" for this fiscal year. This challenge will get me most of the way there (Sept 30th). Once a week I want to study/read/prepared outside of work to develop new expertise. 

On Track

Needs Improvement 

Oh, snap....

Agreed. Derail ALL the threads!!!

Also: I still want to do something regarding pull ups this challenge, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to with my stupid brocep.

...stupid brocep...

No! Derail all the threads!  It's more fun that way!  

No no no, I have it on good authority that this is no good. no good at all. 

Agreed. Derail ALL the threads!!!

Also: I still want to do something regarding pull ups this challenge, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to with my stupid brocep.

...stupid brocep...

Agreed. But what to do? Also boo on the brocep

Holy Rainbow Color Schema

Yeah, well, once a spectroscopist, always a spectroscopist right? 

I certainly don't mind it 

Seth doesn't mind a lot of things.....   /leer

For pull ups, I was thinking that we could like add $1 to a pot every time we do a pull up or something during the challenge - then at the end, "pool" our money - so you add my total to yours and I add your total to mine - and we buy ourselves something nice/fun.

this might have to wait until next challenge though - I'm not sure.

No no no, I have it on good authority that this is no good. no good at all. 

You must do it, it is your destiny... And when I googled "don't argue with destiny" this came up...

my-hair-is-a-bird-argument-invalid.jpg

Well played destiny.   

Seth doesn't mind a lot of things.....   /leer

For pull ups, I was thinking that we could like add $1 to a pot every time we do a pull up or something during the challenge - then at the end, "pool" our money - so you add my total to yours and I add your total to mine - and we buy ourselves something nice/fun.

this might have to wait until next challenge though - I'm not sure.

I like that a lot, actually. When we are ready this is a good plan. But at the moment you'd better start liking cheap domestics cuz I won't be racking up all that much $$$....

You must do it, it is your destiny... And when I googled "don't argue with destiny" this came up...

my-hair-is-a-bird-argument-invalid.jpg

Well played destiny.   

Dude. I just got served. 

Many things.

1. I admit it, I giggle snorted at "I control what goes in my mouth". Yes, I am a child in a man's body.
  2. I'm learning cleans too! I'm on video 1 too!
  3. What do you mean graphical? Please don't post pictures of that...
  4. Please derail the threads, it gives me more to read on slow work days.

Max the jacked powerlifter squatz virgin York barbells.

Many things.

1. I admit it, I giggle snorted at "I control what goes in my mouth". Yes, I am a child in a man's body.
  2. I'm learning cleans too! I'm on video 1 too!
  3. What do you mean graphical? Please don't post pictures of that...
  4. Please derail the threads, it gives me more to read on slow work days.

1. Control your evil sir. 

2. We be mad cleaning fools! 

3. It's funny because at lunch I was telling a coworker how you restate everything I say so either 1.) normal people can understand it or 2.) I am shown how it could be taken another way than I intended. I would love to see what I'm saying from other's view point but at the end of the day I only have my own.... GRAPHICAL AS IN CONTAINS A TRACE FOR FUCKS SAKE.  

4. Sir I do believe you are trying to derail my thread, and I just won't stand for it. I'm respectable now. 

988632_10151773530550820_1646686824_n.jp

Just dropping in to say hi, you're awesome, I'm following, I'm ok with thread derailments, and all that fun stuff.

:)

Sup? 

Yay! I has a good plan.

And if you're doing 15 a week at this point, that's 15 more than I'm doing... :D

OMG. Yes, yes you did get served.

You did read the units on that right? I said 15 "pull up units" nobody here said 15 pull ups...

How... graphically?

Fuck you people.

A. Graph. WITH A MOTHERFUCKING TRACE!!!!

So I can use Minitab<---- when I go back to the elimination diet so determine if there is diet makes a statistical difference. 

GO HUG EXCEL you assholes. 

Fuck you people.

So I can use Minitab<---- when I go back to the elimination diet so determine if there is diet makes a statistical difference. 

lmao!

Sorry, i didn't see the other post about that already otherwise i wouldn't have posted it.

and i use excel, quite a bit....  it's really good for making code templates and pasting in a long list of columns.

Fuck you people.

This may, quite honestly, be my favorite post ever on this board.