Shit Warriors Eat

Thai style marinated chicken with a watermelon, cucumber, cilantro and almond salad

What recipe or brand of marinate did you use for the chicken?! Looks awesome.

I experimented with this last night.  Chicken wings and steak wrapped in bacon.  

Nom.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

What recipe or brand of marinate did you use for the chicken?! Looks awesome.

I've been trying different ones, my wife really liked this one. 

1/4 cup cilantro

1/4 cup scallions 

2 limes (juiced)

3 Tbsp Thai fish sauce

1 Tbsp soy sauce

3 Tbsp sugar

3 jalapenos (chopped, seeded if you don't like heat, I like it with seeds)

5 cloves garlic (minced)

1 Tbsp grated ginger

1/2 tsp cheyenne pepper

Combined and cooked for 10 minutes over medium heat to blend the flavors.  

1/4 cup cilantro

1/4 cup scallions 

2 limes (juiced)

3 Tbsp Thai fish sauce

1 Tbsp soy sauce

3 Tbsp sugar

5 cloves garlic (minced)

1 Tbsp grated ginger

1/2 tsp cheyenne pepper

Wow, that looks awesome. Gotta try it. If it has jalapenos in it- it has my name on it!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

1/4 cup cilantro

1/4 cup scallions 

2 limes (juiced)

3 Tbsp Thai fish sauce

1 Tbsp soy sauce

3 Tbsp sugar

5 cloves garlic (minced)

1 Tbsp grated ginger

1/2 tsp cheyenne pepper

Nice! The SO and I don't like cilatro too much tho. We've been looking for a good way to use fish sauce since we didn't like it in our stir fry.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

I got a new boomerang yesterday, trouble is I can't seem to throw the old one away... :tongue:

I LOL'd.

So this was my breakfast:

tumblr_mr65uiUIkI1s1si01o1_500.jpg

5 eggs. 725g sweet potato. 1 Guinness milk glass of milk (which unfortunately needed to be cut out of the picture). It's a terrible picture because from a terrible tablet.

There is no signature here.

36ONt9Vl.jpgEk8dNvpl.jpg

Mama Warriors use REALLY BIG PANS.  2 lbs of beef and spices - and finished beef with broccoli.  Yeah, yeah, there are carrots in there for the little guy.  He doesn't eat broccoli.  Yet.  Serves 4.

RnSMM53l.jpgThese are new snacks for ME.  Prosciutto "crusted" spinach quiches.  Nice change up from the bacon.

H7z72tPl.jpgSo much to love.  London Broil, Portabellos, and grilled zucchini. 

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

This is typically what my grill looks like, Wifey taking up all the free realestate with zucchini.

Max the jacked powerlifter squatz virgin York barbells.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

OMIGOD WHAT'S THE RECIPE FOR THE QUICHES???I

Chopped some spinach and garlic cloves in the food processor and sauteed it in garlic oil (do this for dinner all the time, so just make extra)

Grease muffin tins.  Line each tin with a slice of prosciutto.  Beat 2 less eggs than you have lined muffins and then beat in about 1/2 cup of spinach.  Divide evenly among prosciutto lined tins.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until eggs are set.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

Nice! The SO and I don't like cilatro too much tho. We've been looking for a good way to use fish sauce since we didn't like it in our stir fry.

This recipe is pretty easy to make and I really like the flavours:

Fish Sarciado

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

it looks a little weird cause i add sour cream to it, but it's my chili that i make.  ground beef, onion, green bell pepper, diced tomatoes, dark red kidney beans, black beans, tomato paste, and chili seasoning mix.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Technically, it's not chili if it has beans in it. I learned that from Sheldon Cooper.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Beans are filler. It gets in the way of eating the meat. :)

Truth.  I normally think Texas is a bit full of it self culinarily speaking, but in regards to brisket and chili, Bigm is correct. 

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

This is the funniest argument ever. (Well, second to the argument I saw yesterday on whether someone "believes in" veganism. Can you just say you don't believe in it, and it doesn't exist?

Tree. Woods. Veganism. You know. Confusing.) Anyway, it makes me want to bring up high bar vs low bar squat. No? OK then. Fair enough. 

PS- Brisket- BigM you need to give me some guidelines for smoking. I have one brisket with my part of a cow. One. So much pressure. I need to do it right. Texas forever! (Except with chili. I also like beans. But don't let that influence your recipe-sharing.)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

As a Texan this is correct. 

As a Texan, I seriously have to second that! (I refuse to claim any commitment to the state I'm currently in.) :playful:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

This is the funniest argument ever. (Well, second to the argument I saw yesterday on whether someone "believes in" veganism. Can you just say you don't believe in it, and it doesn't exist?

Tree. Woods. Veganism. You know. Confusing.) Anyway, it makes me want to bring up high bar vs low bar squat. No? OK then. Fair enough. 

PS- Brisket- BigM you need to give me some guidelines for smoking. I have one brisket with my part of a cow. One. So much pressure. I need to do it right. Texas forever! (Except with chili. I also like beans. But don't let that influence your recipe-sharing.)

You should all call it "chili with beans".

Also, I'm waiting for a wild jdanger to appear, you said HB vs. LB.

500 / 330 / 625

This is a compromise I'm willing to accept. Both here and when I'm around Texans or in Texas (Texas forever (at some point this saying should get old, but it doesn't)!).

I saw a sign that said "chili con carne with meat" once. Brought to you by the same disclosure system as the syrup laden walnuts which were labeled "Wet nuts (contains nuts)".

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines