Shit Warriors Eat

So I am just grateful that I set a minimum calorie goal. My 8 year old ordered a bacon chili Pink's hot dog at the water park today. He took three bites and said he felt sick. I did too. Freaking hot dog was nine bucks and it had BACON. No cheese, no beans in the chili, so I took off the bun and ATE IT. It was delicious. It was Pink's, so the dog was high quality, and I am calling the whole thing Paleo and getting the hell over it.

Visit and weep.

http://www.pinkshollywood.com/menu.html

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

So I am just grateful that I set a minimum calorie goal. My 8 year old ordered a bacon chili Pink's hot dog at the water park today. He took three bites and said he felt sick. I did too. Freaking hot dog was nine bucks and it had BACON. No cheese, no beans in the chili, so I took off the bun and ATE IT. It was delicious. It was Pink's, so the dog was high quality, and I am calling the whole thing Paleo and getting the hell over it.

Visit and weep.

http://www.pinkshollywood.com/menu.html

Screw not being a warrior right now. I'm wrapping a hot dog in bacon and cheese and smothering it with chili. This is happening.

I saw a sign that said "chili con carne with meat" once. Brought to you by the same disclosure system as the syrup laden walnuts which were labeled "Wet nuts (contains nuts)".

This nearly made me choke on my water! Fantastic.

Okay, so this is a bad picture but one serving of this salmon chowder has ~1200 calories (according to livestrong's recipe maker).  You need calories? I got 'em.

IMG_20130806_112213.jpg

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

This nearly made me choke on my water! Fantastic.

Okay, so this is a bad picture but one serving of this salmon chowder has ~1200 calories (according to livestrong's recipe maker).  You need calories? I got 'em.

That looks amazing. I want it.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Recipe!

I used less bacon b/c I had less bacon. And more salmon, because I had more salmon :D

it's deeeeelicious.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Recipe!

I used less bacon b/c I had less bacon. And more salmon, because I had more salmon :D

it's deeeeelicious.

yes! I always wish i had more salmon. but it's like $500/oz.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

I must be getting old, this mostly looks like processed crap to me. Especially the plastic cheese squares, that stuff is from another planet.

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

I must be getting old, this mostly looks like processed crap to me. Especially the plastic cheese squares, that stuff is from another planet.

Yeah, plastic cheese squares are gross, but the chili topping is amazing and prepared fresh daily, and the rest of the toppings are fresh :)

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

I'll have to upload the pic at a later date because it's on my phone and I am lazy, but last night's dinner was a BBQ plate: brisket, ribs, pulled pork. A full plate. I ATE IT ALL. Bigm, I'm sad I don't have your phone number because I wanted to text it to you. AMAZEBALLS

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I'll have to upload the pic at a later date because it's on my phone and I am lazy, but last night's dinner was a BBQ plate: brisket, ribs, pulled pork. A full plate. I ATE IT ALL. Bigm, I'm sad I don't have your phone number because I wanted to text it to you. AMAZEBALLS

Oooooo. I approve of this entire post. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

553059_10201852503613215_1606145084_n.jp

Puppy butt keeps eyeing my broccoli....

The burger's at this place are named after the streets in the neighborhood. I almost got my address, but then I saw "Harrison ST" which had a fried egg and I knew what I had to do. Burger + cheese + egg + bacon + tomato, side of broccoli. 

Human Warrior

Told ya. Fried eggs on burgers are just about the best invention ever :)

Also, why does it look like you are running Windows 95 on your laptop? 

Because work hates me.   I kid you not we are also 2 full versions behind in Internet Explorer. 

Human Warrior

Oooooo. I approve of this entire post. 

I got a text messege of it when it happened.

Told ya. Fried eggs on burgers are just about the best invention ever :)

Also, why does it look like you are running Windows 95 on your laptop? 

True story. I always get weird looks when I ask for it though.

Because work hates me.   I kid you not we are also 2 full versions behind in Internet Explorer. 

We are too. The new gmail stuff breaks almost completely on it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

One of the few times I miss eggs is on burgers. </end Squatcake sob story>

Also... Warriors! FOOD HELP! I'm getting half of a pig. Have to call butcher this morning. Any suggestion on how or what to do? I know there aren't limitless possibilities, but I've decided to make my own sausage (so only get ground pork), I'm going to brine my own hams, and make my own bacon. I'm also going to have them cut the pork shoulder into steaks. And I'm going to have them portion stuff into smaller portions. 

Any other suggestions? 

Edit: I'm getting lard and bones. So I'm also open to anything less popular, but still awesome. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

I suggest you send me a gift basket.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

One of the few times I miss eggs is on burgers. </end Squatcake sob story>

Also... Warriors! FOOD HELP! I'm getting half of a pig. Have to call butcher this morning. Any suggestion on how or what to do? I know there aren't limitless possibilities, but I've decided to make my own sausage (so only get ground pork), I'm going to brine my own hams, and make my own bacon. I'm also going to have them cut the pork shoulder into steaks. And I'm going to have them portion stuff into smaller portions. 

Any other suggestions? 

Edit: I'm getting lard and bones. So I'm also open to anything less popular, but still awesome. 

I am getting a pig as soon as we eat enough beef to make room for one.  Personally, since I spawned from the Pennsylvania Dutch people I am excited to get all the organs and make the paleo version of scrapple from Beyond Bacon.  It's only like $9.99 for kindle/ipad version, so that might help you decide on some cuts.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines