• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tseecka

This is Tseecka's Design

So the new format had me a little leery when I checked in today. While I do have a Master Mission, it's not exactly a quantifiable one that would suit the Powers That Be--"feel good about myself" isn't really a measurable goal, though all my goals up til now have been working towards that. There is just so much about myself that I want to improve that narrowing it down at all seemed impossible. 

But I think I located road block #1, the first thing I really have to do before I can start focusing on the rest. I can learn and study all I want, I can practice harp and go to yoga class and read books and listen to language podcasts; but the thing I really need to do to start feeling good about myself is to focus on the physical. Once I get the mental block of hating my body out of the way, I can start focusing on improving my mind. 

So with that in mind, I've decided to make lowering my BF% my main Mission. I don't have enough experience with strength to know what I should aim for in weight moved, while I (apparently) enjoy running I don't really want to make running a marathon my main focus (yet...), I want to work on bendiness but not to the exclusion of all else...so BF% it is!

-------------

Mission: Trim down body fat to 20%

• I'm waiting for my calipers to come in the mail. I'm not actually sure what my current body fat percentage is, though I would guess somewhere in the area of 25%. That goal% might change, depending on where I am and how far I would have to go to actually feel good about myself. But yeah--I'd like to hit 20% at least. 

Motivation: I want to look in the mirror and see things I love instead of things I want to change. I want to live a full, long, healthy life. I want to look fucking kick-ass in cosplay. 

Goals:

1. Strength training at the gym 2x per week: +4 STR, with +1 STR bonus available

• This might not seem like a lot, but I don't want to burn myself out. I came close to that last challenge because I was trying to do too much, too fast. I know eventually I'm going to need to increase my frequency in order to really start getting rid of that body fat, but this is a long term mission, and the theme of this 6-week challenge is going to be maintenance for me, trying to maintain the habits I started over the last month and a half. 
  • As part of this, I do want to shift my focus from the "girly" weight training I've been doing towards more power lifting. When and how this happens is going to depend on a couple of factors, including research, practice, and possibly getting a session with a PT just to figure out what I'm doing with those scary barbells O_O
  • Move It Or Lose It: 2x a week is small potatoes. If I can't manage that, I don't deserve any points. The bonus point is if I manage to actually make the shift from my current weight routine to something more substantial.
  • Update, in RED because BAD: this week has sucked. My interval weeks between last challenge and this sucked. I haven't made my workouts for the week, and while I hate going back on my word, if I stick to this exact goal, I will just lack all motivation for picking up my own slack. So I've lost one point for this week; the remaining weeks of the challenge are worth .5 STR each, and the leftover .5 for if I manage to make it all 5. 

2. Running 3x per week: +4 STA +1 CHA

• Again with the maintenance of last challenge's habits. I find I have decent success when I switch out running and weight training, and lately as I've been improving on the C25K program, my successes are becoming more and more motivating. I want to keep that momentum going. I'll be running a 5K on August 10th, my first one ever; once that is done, I might start working towards the 10K program. Alternatively, I have been considering restarting the C25K program partway through and increasing my speed (currently running at 6 mph), or switch my focus to road running, as all my training so far has been on a treadmill. Whatever what I go with, I want to keep running 3 times a week. 
  • Personal note: Apparently, despite my insistence that I "really haven't found that sweet spot where I can say I like running", the thought of giving up my running makes me sadface inside. Maybe it's grown on me after all...
  • Shake It All About: Lose .5 of a point for every missed run (runs can be made up). If I feel like I succeeded by the end of this challenge in maintaining my training, I'll give myself 1 charisma point, because one thing I learned about doing this over the last challenge is that I feel damn good about myself when I do.
  • Red Update of Suckitude: See above. 

3. Sundays are for Sundaes: +3 CON, +1 WIS

• I need to stop with the candy. I need to stop with the ice cream and the frozen yogurt. I need to stop with the baked goods and the desserts, the cookies and cakes and brownies and donuts, even though they're paleo. While I honestly think that my mindset is best served by cold turkey (I'm a "give myself an inch and I'll take a mile" type of personality when it comes to sweets, I have s*** willpower), I'm not going to make cutting this stuff out completely part of my goal, because I'm told that is setting myself up for failure. Instead, I'm going to focus on cutting myself back to one treat a day. 1 cookie, 1 slice of pie, 1 piece of candy or licorice, 1 bowl of ice cream. Focus is going to be less on the calories/portion size and more on shifting my mindset. I get one treat a day; spend it wisely.
  • Exception is going to be Sundays. I will still try to keep it reasonable, but Sundays are my days with my family when I get to relax and play games, eat snacks, do silly things.
  • Eat The Rude: Points will be based on my success in the last week of the challenge, while working towards it throughout the six weeks. The first time I eat more than my allotted treats, I lose that wisdom point (for lack of willpower), plus, every day I go over is .5 of a constitution point lost. 

Life Side Quest

1. Floss Daily: +1 CON, +1 CHA

• Building on my success from last challenge with creating and maintaining a teeth brushing habit, I now want to start adding flossing into the mix. Floss once a day--morning, noon, night, whenever, as long as I start actually doing it. 
  • Show Me Your Teeth: Brushing was to improve my oral health, and so is flossing; but managing to create and maintain a grownup habit also makes me feel really damn good about myself, so I'm putting one point to charisma as well as constitution

This new format threw me off at first too, but makes sense when you're looking to beat the "game".

Your goals look really great and I'm glad the running is going well! I like how you used what you learned from the last challenge to adjust items for this challenge. I know what you mean about wanting to look good for cosplay, and these challenges can help us all on our way there!  Also glad to be back in CKitTs with you again :)

So glad to have you as our fearless leader! You are a rock star. You have some good goals and it's wonderful that you've reanalyzed so that they are not so overwhelming. 

I still think running is crazy, so you've already impressed me!

Also, glad to have you back as CKiiT's leader!

This new format threw me off at first too, but makes sense when you're looking to beat the "game".

Your goals look really great and I'm glad the running is going well! I like how you used what you learned from the last challenge to adjust items for this challenge. I know what you mean about wanting to look good for cosplay, and these challenges can help us all on our way there!  Also glad to be back in CKitTs with you again :)

Thanks MissyMo! I'm really glad we all get to stick together for the challenges--I know for a fact that our Accountibilibuddy squad was a major factor in keeping me accountable! 

So glad to have you as our fearless leader! You are a rock star. You have some good goals and it's wonderful that you've reanalyzed so that they are not so overwhelming. 

Hahaha, thanks carniepoet! I'm super stoked to be leading you guys again, I hope I can continue to help inspire and encourage everyone!

I still think running is crazy, so you've already impressed me!

Also, glad to have you back as CKiiT's leader!

Running is crazy, I totally agree--I honestly thought I hated it, but I thought about dropping it this challenge and my mental reaction was rather sudden and violent! Apparently I'm enjoying myself after all!

And thanks, I'm wicked excited to be doing this next challenge with you all again! <3

Day 1: Mini update

Today did not start off the way I would have wanted it to, but I have high hopes that I will be able to rectify this before the night is out. I was up too late last night watching Orange is the New Black, which meant that getting up between 4 and 5 am was not a thing that happened. I considered the morning a write-off, but I did at least manage to brush my teeth before I left for work and I have every intention of going to the gym before I even go back to the apartment tonight, so I'm going to make this up. 

I've had two Lifesavers so far today (update--four lifesavers, a tiny Toblerone, and a cookie....f***). My no-treats goal is going to be tough, and I may need to come up with a structure to help me get to where I want to be. Obviously a major part of this is making sure I have enough food packed for the day. Which means grocery shopping BEFORE the work week starts. Whoops...

Mini update II:

Running was terrible. I took the last week off and I definitely felt it--I was supposed to run 22 minutes straight and I don't think I managed more than 6 or 8 at any one go. Took a lot more breaks than I would have liked. 

Flossed my teeth at work this afternoon, so that's a checkmark!

Day 1 Goals:

I want to start making a list of "mini goals" for myself every day. These are things I want to accomplish, either in my personal life, around my apartment, or at work. Just a way to keep myself accountable and to keep working towards improving my life in other respects even while I'm working towards my 6-week challenge. 

So today, besides running, I need to:

• Catch up on all BOM entry at work - DONE
  • Go grocery shopping after the gym - DONE
  • Shine my sink (a la FLYlady)
  • Take photos and measurements
  • Go to bed at 8

Yeah. These goals need work. In my defense--I went to the gym and went grocery shopping, and I think I may have tried to bite off more than I could chew with all those goals!

Daily goals are a good idea. I can feel you on the treat trouble. My mom asked me to pick up cigs on the way home from work this morning and I had the temptation to grab a little something at the convenience store. But then I asked myself if a corn dog was worth all the trouble it would cause later (that much more to lose and losing points on my challenge), and I decided it was not. I don't even like corn dogs, but the battered meat was calling to me. I can't say my will power will always stand up to the temptation, but I managed this time. I'm sure you'll conquer your temptations next time. It's good that you are honest about your slips. It's more likely to keep you in check. And it also helps us that we don't feel alone in our struggles.

Goodness, Tseecka! That's one heck of a first day! Even with your slips, you did a fantastic job today considering everything you had slated to do!

Shopping before the work week is the only way that I've been able to avoid little treats and such. If I don't have all the food beforehand, it's too easy for me to just grab something. I've also found that if I make sure to take a lot of snacks to work, it limits my chances of picking up junk food somewhere. I finally started to realize that I go for the junk when I've not had adequate food as it is. Since I've started making sure that I'm getting more food in general, my cravings for junk have disappeared. I don't know if that would help you at all, but it certainly makes worlds of difference for me!

Daily goals are a good idea. I can feel you on the treat trouble. My mom asked me to pick up cigs on the way home from work this morning and I had the temptation to grab a little something at the convenience store. But then I asked myself if a corn dog was worth all the trouble it would cause later (that much more to lose and losing points on my challenge), and I decided it was not. I don't even like corn dogs, but the battered meat was calling to me. I can't say my will power will always stand up to the temptation, but I managed this time. I'm sure you'll conquer your temptations next time. It's good that you are honest about your slips. It's more likely to keep you in check. And it also helps us that we don't feel alone in our struggles.

A new day, a new start. I counted all my calories for my food this morning and everything I'm bringing for lunch, so hopefully that will help keep me a little more in check with the treats. Also I actually have food today XD so that should help too.

Goodness, Tseecka! That's one heck of a first day! Even with your slips, you did a fantastic job today considering everything you had slated to do!

Shopping before the work week is the only way that I've been able to avoid little treats and such. If I don't have all the food beforehand, it's too easy for me to just grab something. I've also found that if I make sure to take a lot of snacks to work, it limits my chances of picking up junk food somewhere. I finally started to realize that I go for the junk when I've not had adequate food as it is. Since I've started making sure that I'm getting more food in general, my cravings for junk have disappeared. I don't know if that would help you at all, but it certainly makes worlds of difference for me!

Yep, I really need to make sure I'm bringing enough little snacks for my work day, and spacing them out enough that I don't ever end up wanting noms but not having anything healthy. I get in this terrible cycle where I start thinking about treats--mini chocolates, or candies, or what have you--and then it nags at me. So I think if I just have one, it'll satisfy that craving...but instead it just makes it worse, feeds the dragon, and now suddenly I want ALL the sugar. I have to start working on not giving in.

Day 2: Mini update

Updating from home so I don't feel the need to do so at work, lol...

I woke up more or less on time today, but drowsed for awhile, until of course, I was too late to actually go to the gym. I did get my lunch and breakfast smoothie made, though, and took the time today to enter all my food into MFP just for interest's sake. I'll admit--I'm eating more calories than I thought I was D: but still not over maintenance, so that's something. 

It's so instinctual to want to update you guys on my teeth-brushing since I was doing that last challenge XD

However, once I realized I didn't have enough time left in my morning to drive down to the gym, I sucked it up and tried my hand at the beginner's body weight routine. I think I went too easy on myself (definitely could do more than a 15 second plank) and I couldn't find anything both heavy enough and manageable enough for dumbbell rows, but all together I feel pretty good about it and I broke a sweat. It's not as satisfying as my full gym routine, but it feels good to do something. 

Day 2 Goals:

Carrying forward from yesterday:

• Photos and measurements
  • Video of squat to get form critique
  • Shine my sink
  • Go to bed at 8 pm

I think we'll leave it at that, since yesterday was so much more than I was actually able to manage ^^;

I think the floss goal is really cute, haha. I watched the first episode of Orange is the New Black last night, it's pretty good! Add it to the list of things I don't have time to watch ;)

Great goals! What are your cosplay plans with your dream bod? Hehe

I think the floss goal is really cute, haha. I watched the first episode of Orange is the New Black last night, it's pretty good! Add it to the list of things I don't have time to watch ;)

Great goals! What are your cosplay plans with your dream bod? Hehe

I watched the first episode when I was over at my parents' house--that was less than a smart choice, ahahaha. Awkwaaaaaaaard. But I've been watching it every now and again on my own and I'm really loving it. 

I have such a huge laundry list of cosplay I want to do, omg. Some selections:

• J.E.N.O.V.A (a la Advent Children)
  • Rose (Legend of Dragoon)
  • Saria (Legend of Zelda)
  • Brainiac 5 (Legion of Super Heroes)
  • Black Waltz, Freya, Garnet, oh who am I kidding I want to cosplay the entire cast of FFIX
  • Flynn Rider plz
  • Officer Jenny
  • Madame Vastra

And I really want to develop my Arthur costume, get the maille, armour, surcoat, crown--the whole shebang. 

Oh my glob, that would be extremely awkward!

That's quite the list you have, haha! Office Jenny and Arthur are definitely my favs on that list ;)

Sorry about the rough first day, but always push forward right? Looks like day 2 is going better and slips happen especially when trying to create new habits :)

Your cosplay list sounds absolutely amazing by the way :)

Way to go on your second day! Keep up the good work! The momentum that you get built up in the first few weeks will help keep you going! ;) 

Good on you for improvising when you didn't have time for the gym. A lesser nerd would have just used it as an excuse to not workout. But you rose to the challenge. High five!

Sorry about the rough first day, but always push forward right? Looks like day 2 is going better and slips happen especially when trying to create new habits :)

Your cosplay list sounds absolutely amazing by the way :)

Yep! I'm trying not to get disheartened, while also not pushing myself too much. I haven't really managed to get back into my early morning wake up habits, but I'm not allowing myself to use that as an excuse to miss workouts--if I don't go in the morning, I go after work, no excuses. 

And thanks! I'm really excited about it--I just wish I had more conventions to go to XD

Way to go on your second day! Keep up the good work! The momentum that you get built up in the first few weeks will help keep you going! ;)

Thanks Stooshie! I'm so glad to have you back in the CKitTs! -hugs-

Good on you for improvising when you didn't have time for the gym. A lesser nerd would have just used it as an excuse to not workout. But you rose to the challenge. High five!

Hahaha, thanks! Honestly, it felt like a bit of a cop out, but my arms and chest were feeling those push-ups today, so maybe not so much! -high fives back-

Day 3: Mini update

Uggghhhh...early morning is so not happening. Mostly because I keep insisting on going to bed late. I really need to work on this. 

So I missed my run again today, which means I get to go after work again. I don't like doing this--I prefer running when I've just had a smoothie, because I feel more energetic and less weighted down from food. But this is the consequence of staying up late and not getting up in time, and I am teaching myself to either live with it, or take action to make it better. Maybe tonight I'll be early to bed...

Day 3 Goals

Carrying forward from yesterday (again):

• Complete all unit comparisons for July (work)
  • Photos and measurements
  • Video of squat to get form critique
  • Shine my sink
  • Go to bed at 8 pm

I watched the first episode when I was over at my parents' house--that was less than a smart choice, ahahaha. Awkwaaaaaaaard. But I've been watching it every now and again on my own and I'm really loving it. 

I have such a huge laundry list of cosplay I want to do, omg. Some selections:

• J.E.N.O.V.A (a la Advent Children)
  • Rose (Legend of Dragoon)
  • Saria (Legend of Zelda)
  • Brainiac 5 (Legion of Super Heroes)
  • Black Waltz, Freya, Garnet, oh who am I kidding I want to cosplay the entire cast of FFIX
  • Flynn Rider plz
  • Officer Jenny
  • Madame Vastra

And I really want to develop my Arthur costume, get the maille, armour, surcoat, crown--the whole shebang. 

Your cosplay ideas...amazing! I wish I could sew because there are so many things I want to do. I'm a Marvel girl, but this interpretation of Wonder Woman by Jessica LG is my obsession right now. Do you have a place where you share images of what you've cosplayed? Tumblr, maybe?

Your cosplay ideas...amazing! I wish I could sew because there are so many things I want to do. I'm a Marvel girl, but this interpretation of Wonder Woman by Jessica LG is my obsession right now. Do you have a place where you share images of what you've cosplayed? Tumblr, maybe?

I think most of my pictures--or at least the food ones, can be found on my tumblr under the "cosplay" tag - URL here. In that tag you'll see:

• Arthur Pendragon (with my Merlin, lots of shippy Merthur pics abound)
  • Lucrezia Noin (I don't have enough pics of this one, sadface--hopefully that'll change at Animethon next weekend!)
  • Sherlock (again including shippy Johnlock pics)
  • Fem!Sherlock (because I didn't have a binder or a proper shirt yet XD)

It's a fairly new hobby for me. Sherlock was the product of closet cosplay combined with eBay and naturally thick curly hair XD Noin was a dream--I have wanted to cosplay her since I was in grade 10, so like...ten years (omfg grade 10 was ten years ago?! O_o) but my mum was never really comfortable with making patterns up...so I finally just decided, fuck it, I'm doing it. And...I did. That costume was the first piece of clothing I ever sewed myself. ^^; And then Arthur and Merlin were my brief foray into making a pattern from scratch, as opposed to the heavy editing I did with Noin. 

*HUGS* Thanks, lovely! I'm certainly happy to be back! Also, I just wish to let you know that you already look fucking awesome in cosplay! ^_^ Seriously! Those are fantastic. I love your ideas for cosplays in the future. If you decide to do them and you're going to make costumes yourself, let me know. I've got a lot of sewing experience. I'd love to help you with anything you needed! :) 

You, my dear, are totes amazing and I'm so proud of you for all you've accomplished so far. <3

Weren't you running during your lunch breaks for awhile? How was that working out? That seems like it would split the difference between not waking up early enough in the morning and feeling tired and full of a day's worth of food in the evening...

You, my dear, are totes amazing and I'm so proud of you for all you've accomplished so far. <3

Weren't you running during your lunch breaks for awhile? How was that working out? That seems like it would split the difference between not waking up early enough in the morning and feeling tired and full of a day's worth of food in the evening...

I was when I could, but the problem is that I have to have my car here--it only works when I drive myself to work ^^; Which is very seldom.