Random Forum Guy's 3rd Challenge: Fit Into Those Pants!

I agree, a pizza lunch at work sounds difficult to ignore.  An occasional meal of pizza isn't the end of the world, as you say, the important thing is to not let it throw you too much :)  Which you seem to be doing, so go you!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling poorly, and I hope you feel better soon. That dvd does sound useful, I may need to check it out myself. Have you tried doing any meditation after yoga? It is very relaxing, and the world looks so much brighter after that.

Have you tried hot tea for your sinuses? I'm not sure how ti would into the monk diet, but a healthy black, chai, or herbal tea might help. Chai tends to help if you are having stomach issues too. Just making it up and breathing in the steam can help unblock things. I tend towards sinus issues, and this almost always helps me.

Days 6&7 & Week 1 Wrapup

Had a very active weekend, so got the rest of my exercise in no problem! Did end up eating during the day Saturday, as we had a family gathering that I completely forgot about and was thus unprepared for, but I got back to the monk diet with no problems on Sunday. All in all, a pretty good first week. I think the diet will be the biggest challenge in the end. 

Week One Final Stats:

Workout: 2/2

Walking: 3/3

Yoga: 3/3

Diet: 5/7

Cave Dweller Druid, Level 4

STR: 5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 9 | CON: 10 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 8 Start:1/2/1/3/6/2

Well done on a great week.  You are on a roll.  best of luck for this week!

Level 2 Half-Elf Druid

STR 2 | DEX 6 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 8.5 | CHA 3.5

1st challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30386-faery-face%E2%80%99s-1st-challenge/

2nd challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33600-faery-faces-round-2-grounding-myself/

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. ~ Colin Powell

Week 2 - Day 5

My shoulder is all jacked up, so haven't done the workout yet (that's my excuse). Will try to get some Strength Yoga sessions in to compensate, but so far haven't done the workouts. The less said about the diet the better... things have been stressful at work and I've let that get to me :( I'm not giving up though. 

Week Two Running Stats:

Workout: 0/2

Diet: 3/7

Week 2 - Day 6 & 7 & Week Wrap-up

Shoulder feels better, but now I've gone and done something to my foot! Outer edge of my right foot is just sore. Feels more like soft tissue rather than a stress fracture. Going to take it easy and stick to upper body work this week. That's another nice thing about that yoga DVD--it's got some sessions that are either upper-body only or lying down, so don't have to hurt the foot further. Workouts I'll just leave out the squats. Can still do pushups, rows, and planks without problem.

Did great with the eating this weekend. I'm proud of that as the weekends are usually very challenging. Overall pretty good this week, although I did only get 1 workout in due to shoulder.

Week Two Final Stats:

Workout: 1/2

Diet: 5/7

Two-week Summary

Workout: 3/4

Walking: 6/6

Yoga: 6/6

Diet: 10/14

Week 3 - Day 1 & 2

Foot still bugging me. Still not sure what's wrong with it. Was able to walk on it okay though. And did upper-body workout yesterday. Still going to avoid yoga/workout involving foot pressure for a few more days. Diet still going fine.

Week Three Running Stats

Walking: 1/3

Yoga: 0/3

Diet: 2/7

Week 3 - Day 3 & 4

Did yoga last night (another 30min session with no standing, love that DVD!), and got my walk in today. Foot seems okay with just slow walking. So far so good still on diet.

Week Three Running Stats

Walking: 2/3

Yoga: 1/3

Diet: 4/7

Week 3 - Day 3 & 4

Did yoga last night (another 30min session with no standing, love that DVD!), and got my walk in today. Foot seems okay with just slow walking. So far so good still on diet.

Week Three Running Stats

Yoga: 2/3

Thanks!

Foot even better today, didn't ache upon waking like it has been. Got my workout and work walk in. I think I'll be ready to try yoga/workout with feet next week.

Week 3 - Day 5

Week Three Running Stats

Yoga: 2/3

Update: slipped on diet... :( back on the horse today

It's awesome to see that you're still doing wonderfully on your challenge goals, despite having an injury! Way to go!

Slipping off the wagon when it comes to diet happens to us all =)  IMO, it's important to look back and say "was it worth it?" Truely, sometimes the answer will be no, but other times it'll be yes.  That way it can be a learning experience for when to go off-track in the future!

Keliswicked, level 6 half Hobbit/ half Dwarf Druid

Progress Log  ||  Fitocracy!  || 2 3 4 5 6

Week 3 - Days 5 & 6 and Mid-Challenge Wrap-up

Did pretty good this weekend. Stuck to the diet and met yoga goals.

Week Three Running Stats

Diet: 6/7

Mid-Challenge Wrapup

Workout: 5/6 (B.)

Walking: 9/9 (A)

Yoga: 9/9 (A)

Diet: 16/21 (C.)

Week 4 - Days 1, 2, & 3

Stumbling a bit this week, not sure why. Been a bit mentally exhausted, but that's not really an excuse. Diet has been more of a challenge than I expected. Doesn't seem as easy as when I did it years ago.

Week Four Running Stats

Week 4 - Day 4

Got work walk in, still no workout and didn't get yoga in today. I have some extra time tomorrow before work, so I'm planning on getting in a workout before heading out. 

Week Four Running Stats

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines