Random Forum Guy's 3rd Challenge: Fit Into Those Pants!

Week 4 - Days 5-7 and Week 4 Wrap-up

Ok, so ran afoul of my diet a lot this week, mostly due to work luncheons. Recovered on the weekend, and feeling good today. I didn't do my standard workout at all, though I did do a substitute swimming workout that I will count for one. Yoga: no problem! And actually I'm starting to realize that I HATE HATE HATE working out. I hate pushups, rows, squats, all that stuff. But I really like yoga--I get a great workout and more importantly I get much needed flexibility training, which goes a long way to helping body stiffness and pain. I'm honestly not sure if I will do any more of the regular workouts this challenge. My wrist has been hurting again and the pushups aggravate it, which just makes me hate it even more. We'll see...

Week Four Running Stats

Workout: 1/2

Walking: 3/3

Yoga: 3/3

Diet: 4/7

Week Four Wrapup

Workout: 6/8 (C.)

Walking: 12/12 (A.)

Yoga: 12/12 (A.)

Diet: 20/28 (C.)

Cave Dweller Druid, Level 4

STR: 5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 9 | CON: 10 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 8 Start:1/2/1/3/6/2

Week 5 - Day 2 & 3

Finished another work walk and a yoga session. Stuck to the diet both days. My wife started the Whole30 cleanse, so I am eating "whole"/primal in addition to intermittent fasting. Still no workout, but that was kind of expected...

Week Four Running Stats

Workout: 0/2

Walking: 2/3

Yoga: 1/3

Diet: 3/7

Week 4 - Days 5-7 and Week 4 Wrap-up

Ok, so ran afoul of my diet a lot this week, mostly due to work luncheons. Recovered on the weekend, and feeling good today. I didn't do my standard workout at all, though I did do a substitute swimming workout that I will count for one. Yoga: no problem! And actually I'm starting to realize that I HATE HATE HATE working out. I hate pushups, rows, squats, all that stuff. But I really like yoga--I get a great workout and more importantly I get much needed flexibility training, which goes a long way to helping body stiffness and pain. I'm honestly not sure if I will do any more of the regular workouts this challenge. My wrist has been hurting again and the pushups aggravate it, which just makes me hate it even more. We'll see...

Week Four Running Stats

Week Four Wrapup

Workout: 6/8 (C.)

Walking: 12/12 (A.)

Yoga: 12/12 (A.)

Diet: 20/28 (C.)

Ok, not to make enemies but...yoga has it ALL really (IMO)

Great going RFG!!

I have chosen to believe in myself.

No, I totally agree! I regret avoiding it all these years.

Diet still rockin' and rollin', got my last walk in today and just finished another yoga session. 

Week 5 - Day 4

Week Five Running Stats

Yoga: 2/3

So...it just occurred to me today that the reason I've had to keep pulling up my pants repeatedly is due to my needing to MOVE IN A NOTCH ON MY BELT! Can I get a hell yeah?!?!?! :)

Can't wait to take measurements at the end of the challenge -- it's true that you really can't notice bodily changes day-to-day!

Week 5 - Wrap-up

Did great the rest of last week, with the exception of the Workout goal, although I did do one substitue. On to the final week!

Week Five Running Stats

Diet: 7/7

Week Five Wrapup

Workout: 7/10 (C.)

Walking: 15/15 (A.)

Yoga: 15/15 (A.)

Diet: 27/35 (C+.)

So...it just occurred to me today that the reason I've had to keep pulling up my pants repeatedly is due to my needing to MOVE IN A NOTCH ON MY BELT! Can I get a hell yeah?!?!?! :)

Can't wait to take measurements at the end of the challenge -- it's true that you really can't notice bodily changes day-to-day!

Hell yeah!!!  Finish this last week strong!

Week 6 - Days 1-3

Stricken with another sinus infection! :( Will likely not finish as strong as I wanted to this week, but I think I can still pull out some strong numbers, and certainly improve significantly over last time!

Week Six Running Stats

Walking: 2/3

Yoga: 0/3

Diet: 3/7

Final Challenge Wrap-up (just realized I was using the %s wrong based on Sunmage's Report thread!)

Workout: 7/12 (C.)

Walking: 18/18 (A+.)

Yoga: 18/18 (A+.)

Diet: 34/42 (B.)

Goal 1: Eat like a Buddhist Monk Const +2 Char +3

So I get 75%, or ~1.5 Constitution and ~2 Charisma

Goal 2: Build strength, burn fat Str +3 Dex +1 Sta +1

I get...50% for strength (so 1.5), but will get 100%, 1 Dexterity and 1 Stamina for the walking

Goal 3: Get flexible Sta +2 Const +2 Cha +1

100% on this one -- 2 Constitution, 2 Stamina, and 2 Charisma

With the exception of the workout goal, I'm really happy with this challenge. I discovered that I really enjoy yoga, and it's really great exercise for my incredibly stiff and inflexible frame. Next challenge I will be expanding this and replacing standard workouts with some more strength-focused yoga. Walking at work has been great, and it shows that small changes make a big difference. Although I managed to stick with it, I think I will be abandoning the "monk" diet in favor of a simple moderation diet, as it's just too tricky to not eat during the day with so many family/work functions. 

And the best thing of all, I lost some serious pounds and inches!!! Check it out

Before Stats:
Weight: 212
Waist: 46"
Hips: 39.5"
R. Thigh: 26"
R. Bicep: 14"
Neck: 16"
Chest: 42.5" 

After Stats

Waist: 43.5"

Weight: 200.5 

Hips: 39.5"

R. Thigh: 25.75"

Bicep: 14"

Neck: 16"

Chest: 41.75"

I lost 11.5 pounds, 2.5 inches off my waist, and 3/4 inch off my chest! That's where I tend to carry my extra weight, so it was nice seeing it come off there first, instead of my legs, arms, neck etc. 

Now I just need to keep this momentum going!   :onthego: 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines