wesb1898 Petitions the 3-2-4 Club

wesb1898

barbellclub_zpse9df427e.jpg

Main Quest: Become a member of the 3-2-4 Club.
For those who aren't actively reading my thoughts, the 3-2-4 Club is that group of men and women who Squat 3 wheels, Bench 2 wheels, and Deadlift 4 wheels. Obviously, this isn't a 6 week goal. This is my main quest for the next 8-12 months.
Goals to Get Me There
Before the format change, I had been thinking of some goals based of great quotes from 70's Big. So, I am going to use those goals, as they were all leading to 3-2-4 anyway.

1. "If you aren't drinking a gallon a day, you're fired." +2CON
My water game is pretty sketchy. Some days I get a gallon or more. Others, I barely crush 1 Nalgene bottle. For this challenge, I am solidifying the water game.
1 gallon a day. That is 4 Nalgene's. I have one at work and one at home. Drink it or else!

2. "I jumped on the 'Overhead Press is more manly' bandwagon." +3STR
Is OHP manly? Yes. Is OHP a requirement of joining the 3-2-4 Club? Hell no. So, while I plan to continue to OHP (i mean, it builds a bigger bench, anyway) it will be an accessory lift for my Bench Press. My Bench has the biggest percentage increase to reach 3-2-4 status, so, like I wrote in my lifting notebook, "Bench, you prick!" Measurement will be based as Bench workouts and Bench accessories each week. I just switched it up to 5/3/1 for all main lifts, so I will have mucho accessory time each lifting day.

3. "You're muscular gains will be DIRECTLY tied to how many days a year you hit your protein goals." +2STR +1CON
My protein game is like my water game.  Sometimes I just don't get enough. At 210#, I need to be getting 210g of protein a day. This challenge, I will closely monitor my protein intake each day (especially on non-lifting days) to make sure I am hitting 210g a day. I will have to calculate the protein in my homemade meals. I am aiming to get a minimum of 175g of that daily protein from real food and the rest from a protein shake after lifting.

Side Quest

Save $100 towards my train trip this fall.  I get paid twice during the challenge, so $50 from each check will go into the trip fund.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

I have been using the 5/3/1 percentages in my squatting for a few months now.  This is mixed in with squatting everyday session (MWF).  So basically, I am doing 3 squat days per week using the Wendler percentages.  Here is how my week is set now after switching to 5/3/1 concept for all 4 lifts.

Monday: Squat and Bench

Wednesday: Squat and Press

Friday: Squat and Deadlift

I am not doing any accessory work for squats since I am squatting 3x/week.  Bench/Press accessories include chins, DB Rows, and lying down triceps extensions.  Deadlift accessories include RDLs and GHRs.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior

Did my first workout with my new Reebok lifting shoes, and boy, was squatting a new experience.  I got the Crossfit Lifters, not for the versatility, but because they came in sasquatch size.  I have been having trouble finding anything in a 15 when I have money to buy.  But I think these are gonna work out great.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior

I love it!  That's a pretty epic goal to be working on and look forward to watching.  How's the music?  What do we need to bribe you with to get some audio samples?

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

lol! That's awesome. 

Absidey

LEVEL12

STR11 DEX13 STA20

CON29 WIS17 CHA11

Fear is the mind-killer.

Main Goal: Lose 20 Hip/Waist inches

95%
95%

Current Challenge

1. Awesome challenge. Your main quest is excellent. 

2. IIRC, you're a GA Warrior, too.  Some of us nerds are doing a goruck light on Nov 9 in Atlanta.  You should join us :)

3. Good luck!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

1. Awesome challenge. Your main quest is excellent. 

2. IIRC, you're a GA Warrior, too.  Some of us nerds are doing a goruck light on Nov 9 in Atlanta.  You should join us :)

3. Good luck!

Might have to arrange a business trip for about then...

I'll be in Atlanta (the Perimeter area) from Wednesday through Sunday next week.  PM me if you want to try to meet up.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Wes, I am not surprised by how awesome these goals look; I've just come to expect this kind of greatness from you.  :)  This challenge seems tighter, more focused than your previous ones (which were awesome too, but you know what I mean) and it's been amazing to watch you develop into a crazy BAMF for the Rebellion. 

Super-duper subbed, friend.  :) 

Wes, I am not surprised by how awesome these goals look; I've just come to expect this kind of greatness from you.   :)  This challenge seems tighter, more focused than your previous ones (which were awesome too, but you know what I mean) and it's been amazing to watch you develop into a crazy BAMF for the Rebellion. 

Super-duper subbed, friend.   :)

The change up to the format is awesome.  The Main Quest idea forces focus, and you know how I always had those odd goals that were good but off topic.  Now I am just focused 100% on lifting heavy shit and scaring the skinny half sqautters at my gym!  Beast Mode time.

Awesome main quest. I'm hoping to join the same club, but I'm probably a good 3-6 months away. Good luck!

My application to the Club is definitely 8 months out or so.  But like Wendler says, it's a slow journey, not a sprint.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior

I may even be with you on the 8 months or so. It's so hard to say when the novice progression will end exactly and when things will get harder. Some days it feels like novice progression will continue easily and other days it's a total grind and I feel sure ill need to switch to intermediate soon.

The iron never lies.

Really impressed with the main quest.

I hope to be where you are in a few years of dedicated gains.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Might have to arrange a business trip for about then...

I'll be in Atlanta (the Perimeter area) from Wednesday through Sunday next week.  PM me if you want to try to meet up.

Yes! That would be awesome!

Sweet! I'll check out my schedule and see what's what!

I've been interested in GoRuck for a while.  I will certainly look into it.  Hopefully it doesn't conflict with my train trip that I am saving for.

Definitely. There's a thread in the meet up section.. hope it doesn't conflict b/c it'd be awesome to have you there, too.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Day 1 went great.  Got my gallon, had 250g protein, and did some killer benching (for me).

Numbers don't matter at all.  I've never had a day that I felt I had done killer benching.   Good job man!  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

How did you manage that!!! I have trouble with getting a lot less protein then that WITH shakes!

Today's menu (pretty standard for me)

Breakfast: 3 eggs with homemade chili on top

Lunch: 3 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, no bun

Dinner: 2  .5# hamburger patties with chili cheese sweet potato home fries

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines