• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

OptimusPrimarch

OptimusPrimarch enters the DAAAAAANGERZOOONE

That's right folks, here we are at challenge #2 and I have been excited about this theme forever!  My favourite show in the history of ever:  Archer!

Change in format tripped me up a bit but here we go:

Main Quest:  Become the world's most dangerous secret agent, Codename: Duchess.

Seriously, all my fitness goals of strength, endurance and flexibility are rooted in my desire to excel in my martial art of choice: Hapkido.  So that's what I've translated into my main goal.

Step 1

Archer+Season+4+Episode+6+Once+Bitten.jp

"Are you s**tting me? Bionic legs and you lifted with your back?"
- Archer to Ray Season 4 Episode 6

- Do a full 30 minute minimum stretch or yoga session at least once a week. (3 DEX, 2 CHA)

So I have been having knee trouble due to the high number of kicks we've been doing in class, to help work on my stabilizers I'm gonna focus on stretching and yoga.  Improving my balance and lessening pain is the name of the game with this goal.

A 8 sessions

B 6 sessions

C 4 sessions

D 2 sessions

Step 2

233px-BarryCyborg.png

Archer "Wow Barry, you're crazy super strong."

Barry "What part of 'I'm a cyborg' are you not getting?"

Archer "Core concept"

Season 2 Episode 13

- Do Advanced Bodyweight routine twice a week  (Knee permitting) (3 STR 2 CON)

This goal is a bit tentative right now for a few reasons, primarily being that my knee seems to have a limited amount of physical activity before it starts to give me grief and if I need to choose between kicks and squats I'm gonna choose kicks.  Last challenge was focused on gains this time I'm gonna focus on consistency

A: 12 sessons

B: 10

C: 8

D: 6

- Do 100 Pushups routine (Knee not permitting) (4 STR, 1 CON)

This is my plan B if my knee starts giving me trouble.

A: 90 pushups in a single set by the end

B: 70

C: 50

D: 40

Step 3

3qiwmp.jpg

- Start Drinking an acceptable amount of water

So I don't drink enough... Water.  I never drink alcohol but I don't drink enough water so doing all the fitness stuff I do I'm often doing it at low hydration levels... Especially in this insanely hot summer.

A: ~2L 30 days

B: ~2L 25 days

C ~2L 20 Days

D ~2L 10 days

Side Quests:

Get my knee looked at

Pass 

Fail

Get a Gym membership

Pass 

Fail

Updated with my stat points!  Hooray.

Wow, you're using Archer? That's cool! I wish I'd thought of that - there's a lot of epic awesome hidden in-between the laughs, if you look for it.

As far as I know, you're free to do what you want with your points. The mods hadn't talked at all about assigning points to the side quests, but honestly I figure people are going to do what people are going to do. If the points motivate you, then do 'em! But if not, I don't see a reason to complicate things. These challenges are hard enough, you know?

Glad to see you Optimus! Another great challenge is about to start!

I love your plan B: that is a crapton of push ups in one challenge, and here I´m thinking if I´ll be able to pull off 60 by the end of the challenge. 

The water drinking goal is cool too. Hydration is of utmost importance (specially considering you routines!).  At first you will be going to the restroom like 5 times per hour but after a while your body will get used to it and start going much less.

Let´s destroy this OP!! 

Wow, you're using Archer? That's cool! I wish I'd thought of that - there's a lot of epic awesome hidden in-between the laughs, if you look for it.

As far as I know, you're free to do what you want with your points. The mods hadn't talked at all about assigning points to the side quests, but honestly I figure people are going to do what people are going to do. If the points motivate you, then do 'em! But if not, I don't see a reason to complicate things. These challenges are hard enough, you know?

I'm an RPG nerd so I love the points, must level up must get moar stats!!  Thanks for the input Kishi.

Why didn't I go Adventure Time theme? Or MEGAS?!?! Man, I could make an awesome Coop Challenge...

Good on ya!

Thanks Thrillho... Sounds like I've made a monster!  I honestly have at least 3 more challenge themes kicking around in my head.

Glad to see you Optimus! Another great challenge is about to start!

I love your plan B: that is a crapton of push ups in one challenge, and here I´m thinking if I´ll be able to pull off 60 by the end of the challenge. 

The water drinking goal is cool too. Hydration is of utmost importance (specially considering you routines!).  At first you will be going to the restroom like 5 times per hour but after a while your body will get used to it and start going much less.

Let´s destroy this OP!! 

Yeah, I'd prefer Plan A (of course) but I've got to listen to my body so I'm making alternate arrangements now.  I've always been bad about hydration so I'm not really sure what to expect when I start drinking as much water as I should...

And because as Kishi mentioned previously, our Grandmaster who is recovering from an injury decided to push himself tonight... Here's my Thursday:

100 front snap kicks

60 jab cross 40 jab cross combo

100 hook kicks

60 jab hook 40 jab hook combo

100 side kicks

60 jab uppercut 40 jab uppercut combo

100 cresent kicks

60 3 circle strikes 40 doubles

100 axe kicks

100 sword strikes

100 roundhouse kicks

100 knuckle strikes

100 slamming door kicks

60 elbow strikes 40 doubles

100 front skew kicks

100 bucking back kicks

40 front skew side kick combos

60 side skew kicks

he ended it at the combos to save some people who were dying on their feet but I pushed through the last 60 kicks solo so that I finished my full 1000 kicks.

Oh boy. Suddenly, the minichallenge makes me nervous. I don't want to give you a reason to get hurt... hm.

Ahahaha. You're challenge theme has made my day so much brighter. Seriously, I love Archer, and need to start watching it again.

Looks like an excellent challenge, OP!

Oh boy. Suddenly, the minichallenge makes me nervous. I don't want to give you a reason to get hurt... hm.

180px-Brett4thShooting.png

- Malory: "Any idiot can got shot Cyril. Ask Brett."

Took me a while to find a relevant quote but while I'm worried about getting hurt I'm now curious about the challenge...

Water. Yes. It's good stuff! I'm not sure it's physically possible to drink enough in this weather when you're also doing hardcore workouts (I feel like I'm surgically attached to my water bottle and it's STILL not enough), but hydration can make or break you.

Awesome challenge!

And because as Kishi mentioned previously, our Grandmaster who is recovering from an injury decided to push himself tonight... Here's my Thursday:

100 front snap kicks

100 hook kicks

100 side kicks

100 cresent kicks

100 axe kicks

100 sword strikes

100 roundhouse kicks

100 knuckle strikes

100 slamming door kicks

100 front skew kicks

100 bucking back kicks

60 side skew kicks

he ended it at the combos to save some people who were dying on their feet but I pushed through the last 60 kicks solo so that I finished my full 1000 kicks.

cooooooooool !!!!!!

Great challenge thread and another Hapkido student! We're everywhere. That workout sounds awesome, I love it when we do stuff like that though I never count the kicks I just do them. When the guys talk about it later I'm like oh wow we did that many?! Good luck with your goals they are solid.

If convincing people to watch Archer could be a life goal for a challenge it is one I would gladly sign up for, totally worth watching.

Cyril: Kriegers father's was a Nazi scientist.

Malory: And JFK's father was a bootlegger.

Cyril: What!? That's like comparing apples to Nazi oranges.

In more monk related news from how things went on Saturday it looks like the Grandmaster is going to be getting me ready to grade so lots of work ahead AND challenge goals on top of that, yeehaw.

500full.jpg

Malory:  And the last thing you need is another drink

Lana: Seriously, how can you be drinking after last night?

Archer:  How can you not?

Lana: Because *I* don't have a problem

Malory:  Well, I do...

Archer: First step's admitting it, mother.

Malory: Not with drinking

Lana & Archer: eeeeeeeh

So, this whole drinking goal is harder than I realized.  I have a giant mug that's about 400 ml of water and I just finished my 4th one so one more should put me at my drinking goal for today... gonna try for 2 more just so I'm sure that I made it.

Also I'm getting lots of walking in due to bathroom trips!

Well, be careful. It's entirely possible to overshoot on hydration. A lot of what we've grown up hearing has been based in part on misinformation and the like, so if you find that your body doesn't like the amount you're getting, don't be afraid to change it.

Well, be careful. It's entirely possible to overshoot on hydration. A lot of what we've grown up hearing has been based in part on misinformation and the like, so if you find that your body doesn't like the amount you're getting, don't be afraid to change it.

Good to know, any warning signs I should look for?

Um, persistent discomfort, feelings of illness or nausea, things like that. Drink to the point that you feel better, and then don't go beyond that.

100 front snap kicks

100 hook kicks

100 side kicks

100 cresent kicks

100 axe kicks

100 sword strikes

100 roundhouse kicks

100 knuckle strikes

100 slamming door kicks

100 front skew kicks

100 bucking back kicks

60 side skew kicks

Sounds like you are off to an awesome start!

And Yay Archer!!

:)

So I've succeeded on two of the things to start my challenge off with a bang.  Got all my water drunk, got my first day of 100 pushups done, which apparently is actually day 1 of week 3 because of how many pushups I can already do.

numbers were 12,17,13,13,13. last set was supposed to be 17 that it asked for but I fell a bit short.  cCnsidering I'd just completed a whole mess of cleaning prior I feel like that was more than 4 pushups worth of energy spent.

had ~2200 ml of water so I'm well over on that.

To celebrate day 1 I made an awesome cocktail (smoothie) with my awesome new blender.

Peanut Butter, Greek Yogurt, Almond Milk and Chocolate Protein powder.  Was like liquid reese's peanut butter cups.

It wasn't paleo at all but it was...

Health cocktail! It's the best! :D Also, you're doing the hundredpushups.com progression, huh? Good luck; it's no joke.